As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Prime Costumes 2011!

ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
PAX Prime 2011 is still a long ways off, but for those of us who likely aren't going to PAX East, this gives us one more thread in which to pass the time and get excited for PAX Prime!

There are more and more cosplayers every year, (Or so it seems in the two years I have gone) so I'm sure there'll be some awesome ones next year. Anyone have plans yet? Or are there any games that will be coming out before then that you might want to cosplay from?

I am thinking I will be Sun Shang Xiang as she appears in Dynasty Warriors 5, but I could change my mind before then. I was part of a Street Fighter group this year, and also had a great time hanging around the PAX Pokemon League as a Rocket Admin, so I'd love to do something like those again, too.

OddishSmallSprite.gif
Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
Elgaladwen on

• hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Right now this is in very early plans but I might have a Samus Zero Suit in silicon made for me. Got friends that want to start a business and I might be there model. So first they are testing things out and I have a lot of weight to lose and muscle to gain before spring. Boys are also making me a gun/whip that lights up for the costume, if it pans out. We will see what develops. I definitely will be bringing back my Moogle costume. We will see, there is lots of time before PAX Prime.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Elgaladwen wrote: »
    PAX Prime 2011 is still a long ways off, but for those of us who likely aren't going to PAX East, this gives us one more thread in which to pass the time and get excited for PAX Prime!

There are more and more cosplayers every year, (Or so it seems in the two years I have gone) so I'm sure there'll be some awesome ones next year. Anyone have plans yet? Or are there any games that will be coming out before then that you might want to cosplay from?

I am thinking I will be Sun Shang Xiang as she appears in Dynasty Warriors 5, but I could change my mind before then. I was part of a Street Fighter group this year, and also had a great time hanging around the PAX Pokemon League as a Rocket Admin, so I'd love to do something like those again, too.
    I have a picture of the Street Fighter group all together (http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/SchoolGirlGoodness/PAX%20Prime%202010/?action=view&current=IMG_2434.jpg). You were all great!

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeatherlingHeatherling Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Funny, I was thinking Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 4! :)

Heatherling on
    edited October 2010
    Next Year we will have Doctor Who people (I know for sure the 11th, female, with fez, mop, and sonic screw driver), possible Captain Jack (from Doctor Who and Torchwood), Moogle, Portal Companion Cube, Men in Kilts, maybe some steampunk mistresses again, etc as the time goes on. Oh and my possible Samus Zero Silicon Suit!

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hello everyone!

I figured it couldn't hurt to start early for this upcoming year so everyone has plenty of time for costume ideas and advice to be thrown around =) After all some of the best costumes take months and months to make!

Begin brainstorming!

I was thinking of only doing one costume and a funny thing to wear on the last day.

The costume would be very hard and time consuming and would be Sister Benedron
    WOW%20Human%20Priestess.jpg
    It is from series one of the World of Warcraft action figures and I have loved the costume ever since I got the figure and have decided I would finally attempt to make it!

The other thing I want to do on the last day to have at least one day out of costume was to wear a t-shirt with the creature in the darkness on it and carry around a small pink umbrella with hello kitty on it

Here is the shirt
    AAAAAqzfPvYAAAAAARZaHw.jpg

and here is the creature in the darkness as seen in Order of the Stick
    180px-Tea.png

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Hello everyone!

I figured it couldn't hurt to start early for this upcoming year so everyone has plenty of time for costume ideas and advice to be thrown around =) After all some of the best costumes take months and months to make!

Begin brainstorming!

I was thinking of only doing one costume and a funny thing to wear on the last day.

The costume would be very hard and time consuming and would be Sister Benedron
    WOW%20Human%20Priestess.jpg
    It is from series one of the World of Warcraft action figures and I have loved the costume ever since I got the figure and have decided I would finally attempt to make it!

That's beautiful! Good luck and can't wait to see it!!

Heatherling on
    edited December 2010
    Oi vey. So i have begun some of the smaller work on the costume but my budget looks like it is going to be far too tight to finish it. The amount of money and work and time that would go into making the costume of my dreams is too much right now so I am going to try to do something more simple. I also have no idea how I would have gotten the other one to the convention.....Sadly this one will be postponed once again and I will have to pick it back up someother time when I have more money (thankfully I did not put too much money into it this time before I found out the technicalities).

Announcement of new costume will come when I know what I will be making.....

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know, these kind of threads make me a little sad.

There are so many good options for girls to cosplay, yet for us guys, there really aren't all too many choices. We did a super-hero costume party a few years back and I had a lot of fun learning to sew... on a spandex dancer's leotard. (If you're going to learn something, why not start with the hardest possible project, right?) I have no problem with walking around in a skin-tight leotard in public, but it seems that the vast vast majority of male gaming characters are seven foot tall, over-muscled dudes in gigantic suits of armor. Even if I could pull something like that off (which is unlikely since I'm only 5-8), that's simply not practical, especially for a crowded show like PAX.

I'd really love to do some cosplay next year, but after three years of thinking about it, I still can't come up with a good (male) character that would be interesting, recognizable and practical.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stupid wrote: »
    You know, these kind of threads make me a little sad.

There are so many good options for girls to cosplay, yet for us guys, there really aren't all too many choices. We did a super-hero costume party a few years back and I had a lot of fun learning to sew... on a spandex dancer's leotard. (If you're going to learn something, why not start with the hardest possible project, right?) I have no problem with walking around in a skin-tight leotard in public, but it seems that the vast vast majority of male gaming characters are seven foot tall, over-muscled dudes in gigantic suits of armor. Even if I could pull something like that off (which is unlikely since I'm only 5-8), that's simply not practical, especially for a crowded show like PAX.

I'd really love to do some cosplay next year, but after three years of thinking about it, I still can't come up with a good (male) character that would be interesting, recognizable and practical.

Eh? There's so many different options for guys.

There's pretty much the all male cast of TF2, many people from the Final Fantasy series, plenty of the Nintendo series have characters, and of course all the Pokemon gym leaders, trainers, et cetera.

...And that's just the mainstream characters.

On the other hand, if you're being incredibly specific, there are so very few tall male characters with long curly red hair. Woe is me. :P

Heleor on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    However there are a lot of ones with hats and helmets! My Clear Sky outfit gave me a pretty good amount of confidence in my abilities, so I'm getting a little ballsy this year: Protomen style Megaman - Coming to a PAX Prime near you.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really into the dressing up thing, but the 2011 prime will be my 10 year old daughters first PAX...we think she's gonna go as Hit-Girl.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DUDE!

YES!

^5

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • theDireMuffintheDireMuffin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I've been pondering myself.
    Namely, what are going to be new/awesome games in the next year? I figger Bioshock Infinite is on the list, Portal 2 would be good, etc. What else is on the radar? Any predictions?

Of course, I'm not ruling out classics, I'm just brainstorming new stuff. :D

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I've been pondering myself.
    Namely, what are going to be new/awesome games in the next year? I figger Bioshock Infinite is on the list, Portal 2 would be good, etc. What else is on the radar? Any predictions?

Of course, I'm not ruling out classics, I'm just brainstorming new stuff. :D
    One of my girlfriends is gong to be Elizabeth of Bioshock Infinite, another will be returning as the Portal Cube (this time with dead, angel wings/blood, and halo), we will have lots of Doctor Who, and a Silicon Metroid suit. There is so many good things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_video_gaming. Plus classic or older games are always fun.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm trying to get someone at Bethesda to leak some pre-production art for Skyrim so we can get some costumes in the works, but nobody's biting.

Stupid, stupid NDA's.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • theDireMuffintheDireMuffin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, of course I shoulda thought of wikipedia. ;P Good call - I hadn't thought about the next Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. ;D More pondering to be done! Thanks!

theDireMuffin on
    Laziness Prevails!
    Also, I hug strangers.
    edited January 2011
    Ok I know that I want to do a cosplay for World of Warcraft (even though Blizz doesn't bother to show up to PAX =P )

Should I do a rogue Tier 9 alliance human set? (bottom left is the regular human female)
    (sorry can't do much about the image size)

Or Jaina Proudmoore? (I would do the WC3 version cause I like it a lot more)
    0.jpg

Jaina would be better on my budget since I have the cape pattern and something I could use for the top but I think the rogue set is very cool. Jaina is also more recognized but anyone who plays wow would know the rogue set easily.

Suggestions?

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    edited January 2011
    They did show for '08 and '09, can't remember if they did in '07. The boys explained that the reason they probably did come is due to their new release and wanting to show it off at Blizzcon first (around Halloween). I hope they will be there this year, especially since their company is making Diablo III.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Ok I come to you all for help!

I have finally convinced my boyfriend to dress up with me this year and we also got a friend of ours to come as well who wants to dress up with us.

The problem, I now need to come up with a group costume idea for three people, two guys and me.
    I prefer to dress up as a group in a game that we all play. (which is a lot) or having to do with D&D

So far the ideas have been...
    level one World of Warcraft characters
    Order of the Stick evil side group (monster in the darkness, red cloak, and xyklon) sp?
    and the mages from the original Final Fantasy I (red, black, and white)

the only problem with the Order of the Stick is how the costumes would seem weak to me
    and I kind of have a problem with the final fantasy mages because I have not really ever been into final fantasy that much and I have never beat the game

Suggestions and help welcome!!!

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    edited January 2011
    There is a ton of things you can do both old games and new. Good method is to do some like to play or sometimes just an awesome costume. I provide the release list for this coming year and within the page you can see previous years and possibles for next year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2011_video_games). If you all want to do something different but be in a group, I suggest smash brothers.

As for the mage on Final Fantasy, its ok as long as you like it. I had not tried Final Fantasy games before last years moogle costume but loved it and now play the old ff games. I was also a splicer and I'm just playing bioshock games. This year the boys are making me a Samus Zero Suit in Silicon and the weapons, I'm hoping to be able to play some of the metroid games before, but whatever I'm still wearing it.

I would definitely suggest looking at what has came and gone and still in the workings and discuss it with the two others dressing up. Wear what makes you all happy and remember comfort while designing it.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordKawaiiLordKawaii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone have some ideas on how to make the x buster? I have been thinking about tying a megeman suit for a long time but I keep running hitting a wall with the arm cannon.

LordKawaii on
    edited January 2011
    LordKawaii wrote: »
    Does anyone have some ideas on how to make the x buster? I have been thinking about trying a megeman suit for a long time but I keep running hitting a wall with the arm cannon.

So this may sound lame but have you considered detergent or other large bottles that can be easily cut open? I know if you heat them up then you can semi re-shape them. You can build up the structure around the bottle/s using bondo (I think it is called) and then sand it out smooth. Paint it all up and then put a handle inside the main structure to hold onto and then if you are savvy with wiring then put a red light on the end.

The light will also help to cover your hand and provide some cool effects. If you are not good with wiring my brother used to have a red light that clipped onto the back of him when he rode his bike, you could do that then with a plastic circle (like part of a plastic magnifying glass) cover the red light with it to cover up what you used more or less.

Hope this helps. If you or anyone needs more help then check out cosplay.com they have forums there that have great ideas and they are really helpful and know their stuff and you can see examples of other costumes.

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • LordKawaiiLordKawaii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LordKawaii wrote: »
    Does anyone have some ideas on how to make the x buster? I have been thinking about trying a megeman suit for a long time but I keep running hitting a wall with the arm cannon.

So this may sound lame but have you considered detergent or other large bottles that can be easily cut open? I know if you heat them up then you can semi re-shape them. You can build up the structure around the bottle/s using bondo (I think it is called) and then sand it out smooth. Paint it all up and then put a handle inside the main structure to hold onto and then if you are savvy with wiring then put a red light on the end.

The light will also help to cover your hand and provide some cool effects. If you are not good with wiring my brother used to have a red light that clipped onto the back of him when he rode his bike, you could do that then with a plastic circle (like part of a plastic magnifying glass) cover the red light with it to cover up what you used more or less.

Hope this helps. If you or anyone needs more help then check out cosplay.com they have forums there that have great ideas and they are really helpful and know their stuff and you can see examples of other costumes.

Wow, thanks for the idea! I will have to try that out!

LordKawaii on
    edited January 2011
    =)

Not a problem, I also forgot to say the obvious thing that came to mind while I was typing that out. Try some PVC pipes of varying sizes so that they can be inserted into each other if you have something that can cut them to what size you need. However the bottles should give you more of the rounded shape and not so straight but you can do this inside one so you are not stacking bottles over and over. Now I am done lol. Good luck on the costume! Post pics!

Now I need some help. Anyone know how I could do the head piece to this outfit? It is kind of a hood but kind of not. I thought about doing a headscarf and wrapping it but that does not look right since it has too much volume in front.

not sure if the picture is working, might have to just go to the address if that is all that is showing up

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yikes! I've been ignoring the PAX forums too much for the SakuraCon ones, since that's coming up.

@hml151: Thank you for the picture of our group.

@Heatherling: Are you still planing on doing Sun Shang Xiang's costume? That'd be awesome! I never see enough Dynasty Warriors cosplay. Actually, I have never seen one in person.

I'm still planning on being Sun Shang Xiang, too, but from Dynasty Warriors 7 now, since they've released most of the character designs. Our group will have Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao and Lu Xun, too. Maybe others if I can rope them in! (I'm kinda the Koei fangirl of all my friends, so I'm happy that any of them will cosplay DW with me.) Man, it'd be awesome if Tecmo-Koei would come to PAX.

I am also thinking of possibly cosplaying as a Siren from Tron:Legacy, but we'll see.

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
    edited February 2011
    @Heatherling: Are you still planing on doing Sun Shang Xiang's costume? That'd be awesome! I never see enough Dynasty Warriors cosplay. Actually, I have never seen one in person.

I'm still planning on being Sun Shang Xiang, too, but from Dynasty Warriors 7 now, since they've released most of the character designs. Our group will have Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao and Lu Xun, too. Maybe others if I can rope them in! (I'm kinda the Koei fangirl of all my friends, so I'm happy that any of them will cosplay DW with me.) Man, it'd be awesome if Tecmo-Koei would come to PAX.

I am also thinking of possibly cosplaying as a Siren from Tron:Legacy, but we'll see.

Possibly... I don't know if I have that level of skill to make that costume though. :P I'd love to do it, but mostly it will depend on funds and time.
    I'm currently working on Sucker Punch - Amber, but she doesn't really fit in with PAX, so at this time I'm not sure which costumes I'll be doing...

Heatherling on
  • GinRyuGinRyu SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I plan on going as Nidalee from League of Legends. If that doesn't work out, I'll brush off my Alexstrasza costume I wore to Blizzcon!

GinRyu on
    edited February 2011
    So my big plans this year just started. I completed the modification of my shoes and will have my silicon Metroid Zero suit made at the end of May. I ordered my blue trench coat for my Tardis outfit. I will be modding the coat to have the outside appearance of the Tardis. I then will be making the dress of the console to wear underneath. There will be all kinds of fun 1 dimensional items on the console to make in Tardis Worthy. I'm very excited to see how it all turns out and will post some of the things as they develop. They will also be posted in our PrePAX photo folder on Photobucket (http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/SchoolGirlGoodness/PAX%20Preparation%202011/). See you all in August.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AubreebreeAubreebree Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This will be my first PAX and, because I am 17, going on 18, I was thinking about dressing as Annarchy.
    As far as I know from the series, she was 11 in January of 2005. So, if you count up to now, we are the same age! Also, I have long golden-brown hair :) The costume is pretty simple. I just need to figure out where I can get the shirt, since it is no longer for sale from the merch shop ):

If I decide to not be Annarchy, I will most likely be Tetra (in her epic pirate goodness) from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I always lover the character and the costume is easy enough, but the challenge will definitely be the hair :D

Aubreebree on
    <3:whistle:
  • GeneralCelesGeneralCeles Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Hey all, this will be my first year at PAX and only my 3rd convention, very excited about the group im going with. Some of us have two costumes but at least one day we're going as FFX characters; Auron, Yuna, Shiva, Ifrit, and possibly Lulu. I'd just like to mention that ive started my shiva wig and i already have a headache from it and havent even put it on yet...

GeneralCeles on
    My Upcoming Cosplays

Video Games Live!
    Celes Chere(possibly Opera) - Final Fantasy VI

PAX Prime 2011
    Yuki Cross - Vampire Knight Guilty
    Shiva - Final Fantasy X
    edited February 2011
    Hello all! Can't wait to see more pictures up and all the forums to turn to the true PAX and go blue!

I have almost finished my white mage robes, I am trying to make them a little more styled than just normal robes and am working on that now. Once that is done I will begin putting the red triangles and all the little details in! Looking forward to getting a new power cord for my sewing machine so I can go back to work.

After that I will be working on the black mage outfit for my friend and last but not least the red mage outfit for my boyfriend. They only want to dress up for Saturday and I am trying to convince them that if I am going to put the work in and them the money for their costumes they could wear them multiple days.

I also worked on a side project for fun since I have had the stuff for it all along. I finished my Aperture Scientist outfit. I even have my clipboard full of applications to be a test subjects and flyers for "Take your daughter to work day" and "The Aperture Science self esteem fund for girls". I will try to post pictures here. I think I will wear this one day of PAX but I am not sure, I made it for a local "Con" at my college here. (It is really a ginat LAN party and gaming party).

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    edited March 2011
    So I'm very excited now, I just got my jacket and fabric for my Tardis costume(http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/SchoolGirlGoodness/PAX%20Preparation%202011/). I know that PAX East is just happening but I have to finish all my costumes by end of May due to Baycon. So there will be pictures up by then of both the Tardis and Metroid Zero Suit by then.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I predict a strong Minecraft cosplay presence this year. Cardboard is easy to come by and does not require a lot of skill lol. I hope I'm right so I'm not the only one :(

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • PokéLoverPokéLover Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got back from my first ever PAX East and had the time of my life. I decided to cosplay everyday, also for the first time ever, and met so many cool people. You might have seen me - I was Misty one day, and an Umbreon the next. I also cosplayed as Dawn for a short bit (no one knew who I was :( ). My group and I are debating going to PAX West (We've got some friends near the convention) and I've already starting brainstorming costume ideas for PAX East/West next year.

I think I'm going to go as Cortana. Ideas? Suggestions? I'm gonna need all the help I can get... I'm a cosplay noob.
    My group also had an idea as going as all of the Pokemon Professors lol

PokéLover on
    PokèLover

a.k.a. LadySnip3r
    Assassionista; the Gaming Blog for Girls (and well, Guys)
    http://assassionista.blogspot.com
    @Assassionista, twitter
  • BadonkadonkBadonkadonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been putting serious thought into going to PAX Prime since PAX East was such a good time (even though I was only there on Sunday), and if I go I want to dress up as Atrus from Myst. I've been seeing videos of people who made linking books with iPods playing videos from the game as working linking panels and I'm excited about making a "working" linking book.

If not PAX Prime, I'll definitely do it for next year's PAX East.

Badonkadonk on
  • PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so I plan on going to PAX Prime. This will be the first gaming convention I have ever been to. I know that people cosplay, and I was thinking it would be good to try out. I know this is a gaming convention, and I was wondering if I could get some of your guys' opinions.

I play video games on the 360. My gamertag is Pinkranger2die4, Pink ranger cause I am tired of people asking if there is a female in the room, and 2die4 for my clan. Anyways, because that is my GT and I am an avid fan of the power rangers, I was thinking about getting a Pink ranger costume to cosplay in. But I know that it is a gaming convention, so i was wondering what you guys thought on this.

Also, other characters I am considering, are lilth (from borderlands), lara croft, and Zoey (from Left 4 Dead). Zoey, is like my last option because she is really easy to cosplay.

Any input would be great. Thanks.

PinkRanger on
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • BadonkadonkBadonkadonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PinkRanger wrote: »
    Ok, so I plan on going to PAX Prime. This will be the first gaming convention I have ever been to. I know that people cosplay, and I was thinking it would be good to try out. I know this is a gaming convention, and I was wondering if I could get some of your guys' opinions.

I play video games on the 360. My gamertag is Pinkranger2die4, Pink ranger cause I am tired of people asking if there is a female in the room, and 2die4 for my clan. Anyways, because that is my GT and I am an avid fan of the power rangers, I was thinking about getting a Pink ranger costume to cosplay in. But I know that it is a gaming convention, so i was wondering what you guys thought on this.

Also, other characters I am considering, are lilth (from borderlands), lara croft, and Zoey (from Left 4 Dead). Zoey, is like my last option because she is really easy to cosplay.

People would be into a Pink Ranger costume, most people recognize MMPR but a Ranger from any other series is probably pushing it (I wouldn't wear my Eric Myers from Time Force costume, for example). At PAX East there was a guy dressed st Mr. T and he was always in character, and even though it's not very videogame-related he's one of the most memorable costumers for me.

Badonkadonk on
  • VideoGameStupidVideoGameStupid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PinkRanger wrote: »

Yeah go do what you wanna do. It was my first time at PAX this year (actually my first time at any convention for that matter) and i cosplayed as Michael Jackson. Not really videogame related but I got a lot of pictures taken nonetheless and even got interviewed by this short dude with a media badge. So definitely go in your pink ranger costume.

VideoGameStupid on
    edited March 2011
    This is my fifth year returning and on my second year we started the school girl goodness group which started with 2 members to 9 members. I'm finished that school girl costume thing last year but it was fun and when we started, nobody was doing it. Over the years my friends have done Anime characters and I've even had a Geisha dress. I do wear gaming entire as well, last year I wore Moogle and Splicer costumes at PAX Prime. Four of our guys wore custom kilts with gaming crest that I created for each of them. This year my group is doing the doctor who thing where the girls are the Doctors and the men are the female Companions and a Tardis and there might me a K-9. I'm having a custom Metroid Zero Suit made out of Silicon by my friends and all the weapons made too (at the end of May). I might pull out my Moogle costume again and the Tardis costume is mine as well.

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't have to be gaming, as long as, your having fun (not at anyone's expense) enjoy! If they don't know who your are they will ask and many will get photos of you or with you. Enjoy the camera whoring!

(In my spoiler bar there is the photobucket account which shows off all four years so far and preparations for this year. Most my costumes are made or customized so we take photos throughout the process.)

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah go do what you wanna do. It was my first time at PAX this year (actually my first time at any convention for that matter) and i cosplayed as Michael Jackson. Not really videogame related but I got a lot of pictures taken nonetheless and even got interviewed by this short dude with a media badge. So definitely go in your pink ranger costume.

Thanks.

Now another question is, the easy Pink Ranger costume to go in is gonna be the ninja suit. You know the one from the movie, but then again, not many people know it, so I would be better off going in the original, but that's more costly. What do you think? I have the money for either, but I want to know what people think.

Here is the original outfit
    amy_jo_johnson_w0xyh.jpeg

And here's the Ninja suit
    35844_451752808184_673078184_5679940_1162760_n.jpg

What do you think?

PinkRanger on
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n