As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    QFG5 spoilers... I guess
    In QFG5 I can't understand anybody actually choosing Erana over Katrina. At the end of QFG4 you're in love with her and she sacrifices herself to save you. Erana was a great person and all, but you don't actually know her.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The "romance" with Katrina was pretty forced. And also, she was pretty into summoning a Lovecraftian horror to eat the sun. That's not cool!

august on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    august wrote: »
    The "romance" with Katrina was pretty forced. And also, she was pretty into summoning a Lovecraftian horror to eat the sun. That's not cool!
    But she ties you up and whips you <3
    How is that NOT true love?

Were there any options besides Katrina, Erana and Elsa?

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One of the Harem girls.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow this takes me back. I loved the hell out of these games when I was a kid, and I thought all the jokes were hysterical, even when I didn't understand them. Now I just find them really annoying. Like, I want to start yelling "NEEEERRRDDSS!" at the programmers who wrote them.

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    Wow this takes me back. I loved the hell out of these games when I was a kid, and I thought all the jokes were hysterical, even when I didn't understand them. Now I just find them really annoying. Like, I want to start yelling "NEEEERRRDDSS!" at the programmers who wrote them.

You may want to skip the next update then...

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    QFG5 spoilers... I guess
    In QFG5 I can't understand anybody actually choosing Erana over Katrina. At the end of QFG4 you're in love with her and she sacrifices herself to save you. Erana was a great person and all, but you don't actually know her.

Erana is the better person. But even beyond that, there's a very good reason to pick her.
    You can't romance Katrina if you're a Paladin.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If it weren't for Dragon Age 2, I really think I would do a LP of the complete powergaming jerk hero.

I could even game the system and do whatever I want in 2 but become a Paladin in 3 by just picking it as my import class :)

gjaustin on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember finding it cool in QG5 when I realize that the only way to be a real classical hero in the game is to be a wizard.
    There are specific tasks for a person to become a classical hero and you go though all of them except for the last one, sacrifice yourself. I never did it but if you picked Katrina and got the thermonuclear spell in the final fight you could tell everyone to escape and nuke the dragon and yourself.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember finding it cool in QG5 when I realize that the only way to be a real classical hero in the game is to be a wizard.
    There are specific tasks for a person to become a classical hero and you go though all of them except for the last one, sacrifice yourself. I never did it but if you picked Katrina and got the thermonuclear spell in the final fight you could tell everyone to escape and nuke the dragon and yourself.
    Sacrifice options are fine in games, but the dragon isn't all that tough to beat the shit out of anyway so why would I want do die?

I guess if that's the ending you want for your character...

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By the way, if you want a soundtrack to the sets, go here. They've got all the MIDIs from the entire series.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 7 - The weaponmaster is a jerk.
    capture15032011151648.png
    Awake and happy from a fresh night's sleep in Erana's Garden, we head over to the healer's house to sell off our loots.

capture15032011151653.png
    capture15032011151656.png
    capture15032011151731.png
    Why yes. Yes I am a hero. Thank you for noticing. Also thank you for the healing potions and the coins!

capture15032011151814.png
    So here's the "fun" part. You take a claw, click it on her, and it sells. Then you do it again, and it sells. This is a screenshot after I already sold 10 of them. Yeah. That was boring.

capture15032011152924.png
    Getting rather sick of these flying hell monsters. I'm gonna grab a few rocks and throw them at it's corpse. Yanno, stress relief.

capture15032011153015.png
    That's probably enough rock throwing.

capture15032011162842.png
    Man, did yet another goblin sneak out of its hideout? I feel some pretty stank hot breath behind me.

capture15032011162847.png
    ....uh oh

capture15032011162849.png
    I recognize this...the mighty terrorsaurus rex! And I'm not even at full health and stamina. Time to do what a fighter hero's gotta do.

capture15032011162903.png
    I'm taking him down, that's what I'm doing...

capture15032011162909.png
    I gaze at the fallen foe, giving it the honor of one who fought fiercely, then died in battle.

capture15032011164559.png
    The Ogre says "My loincloth is too tight!"

capture15032011180529.png
    After another day and night of training, we return to the first foe we fought, the one who had us in the dirt after only a few seconds. The dreaded, fearsome, Weapon Master

capture15032011180533.png
    He's either a dick, or a stickler for protocol

capture15032011180541.png
    capture15032011180543.png
    Yeah, figured that one out myself!

capture15032011180546.png
    Asking about Elsa...yeah leaning more in the "he's a dick" direction.

capture15032011180548.png
    Yep. Totally.

capture15032011180559.png
    At any rate I'm not here to banter with you, I'm here to train. And lets begin...

capture15032011180601.png
    capture15032011180604.png
    capture15032011180606.png
    At least he's a stickler for protocol during fighting.

capture15032011180610.png
    capture15032011183040.png
    capture15032011183107.png
    I have to take a moment out here to admit I had to go look up how to defeat this bastard. What you are witnessing is actually my 5th attempt, and my stats are maxed out. I learned, after some searching, that your carried item weight actually has an effect on your combat ability. So I dropped my armor, potions, and a few other things weighing me down (not the sword and shield obviously) and was able to defeat him after that. I can only imagine this is a problem in the VGA version, but I really don't know.

Finally, the Weaponmaster cries "ENOUGH!"

capture15032011183206.png
    capture15032011183208.png
    Holy hell, this guy is a sore loser. Didn't he realize that he sparring against the soon to be hero of Spielburg and the surrounding lands?

capture15032011183328.png
    Endgame time? I think it's endgame time.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By the way, if you want a soundtrack to the sets, go here. They've got all the MIDIs from the entire series.

I was actually looking for that site earlier to post it, but thought it was a different site. I downloaded the music a few years back (and I'm listening to it now).

May I also recommend

The Magic Meadow (Erana's Peace) Guitar Version

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That song always reminds me of The Princess Bride theme, but man. QFG was one of the first video games that taught me they could have good music.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All the classes can sacrifice themselves. The Wizard just has the most over-the-top version. The fallout of which probably turns the island into a radioactive wasteland anyway.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You're right, that is similar to Princess Bride. Excellent music though...

Yeah QFG helped introduce me to good video game music. I'd have to say what got me hooked on video game music, though, was a friend of the family who had a Roland M32 (or whatever) synth, and damn did the music from various games sound good on that.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Rotting MeatRotting Meat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    capture15032011162903.png

*clap clap clap*

The designs for all of the monsters were much more intimidating in the EGA version. It's surprising that they would change them that drastically.

Rotting Meat on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Someone's comparison, wish they had the battle pictures.

http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/qfg1/monsters.shtml

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gjaustin wrote: »

I was actually looking for that site earlier to post it, but thought it was a different site. I downloaded the music a few years back (and I'm listening to it now).

May I also recommend

The Magic Meadow (Erana's Peace) Guitar Version

The "Hero's March" is favorite piece of music from all of gaming history. I played these games so many god damn times as a kid so that helps explain it a little.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I never get tired of watching LP's of the Quest for Glory series. It really kills me that there haven't been any attempts to ressurect this series.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow that weapon master.

He does not know of the "way".

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You may want to skip the next update then...

Oh I know. I'm prepared. I remember how punilicious he was the end finale for all these games was.

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Man, I never get tired of watching LP's of the Quest for Glory series. It really kills me that there haven't been any attempts to ressurect this series.

Well Telltale is making a King's Quest game so there is a chance that eventually they may also make a Quest for Glory and Space Quest. Personally I'd rather have them make a Space Quest.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The "Hero's March" is favorite piece of music from all of gaming history. I played these games so many god damn times as a kid so that helps explain it a little.

I fully admit to having whistled it (the short version) a few times IRL, it's a spirited little tune. The series overall has some pretty great music. QFG4 is my favorite soundtrack from it; and it's available through the Quest Studios site.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Silpheed wrote: »

For a while there, Infamous Adventures was working on a series called Quest for Infamy, which would have been a sort of spiritual sequel to these games except with the intent of becoming a world-ruling villain. Sadly, they stopped working on it and have instead finished a KQ3 remake and are nearly finished with their SQ2 remake.

I would have loved something like that.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've been trying to come up with an idea for XNA game...
    Bah, who am I kidding - I'm too lazy to do that :)

gjaustin on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Love your LPs josh. They're even better when its video and we get to hear your supple tones, but it's way easier to scroll through this stuff on my phone when I'm bored rather than trying to load videos with low reception.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Love your LPs josh. They're even better when its video and we get to hear your supple tones, but it's way easier to scroll through this stuff on my phone when I'm bored rather than trying to load videos with low reception.

D'awww <3

Don't worry, though, there's a video LP on the way right after this one!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "right after"

converted to josh time

equals

"at least a year later"

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm sorry I prefer quality over quantity, mister

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yes...."quality"

right

Rent on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Exactly, he's not the one who did Nier.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Uploading the screenshots now and I'll have the final (long. ass.) update up here shortly

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Set 13 - What the hell is a swash anyway
    We've got some stuff to drop off at the Healer's.

qfg13032011223523.png

qfg13032011223534.png

hero.gifYeah, that's me. Just making the forest safe for... well, the only other person I've ever seen in it is Bruno, and some brigands. So I guess I'm making it safe for them.

qfg13032011223613.png

hero.gifI'm going to climb the fuck out of you, tree.

It gets boring clicking on the tree over and over. I set the start button of my Xbox 360 controller to Enter in Xpadder, and toggle it on, then walk away for a while. This is high-tech stuff. Back in the day you'd just set something heavy on your keyboard, or tape down the enter key.

qfg13032011224149.png

Looking good. Looking good. Like I said, normally I'd obsessively max things out but that's easy enough (and more interesting) to do in QFG2, so let's beat this bitch.

But first, let's pick up a few of the things we missed along the way.

qfg13032011225618.png

qfg13032011225632.png

hero.gifWell thanks. That's awful nice of you. I still have no idea how to play cribbage, though.

qfg13032011225656.png

Yeah like I said this sucks. Erana's Peace doesn't cost a ration and recharges everything no matter how little sleep you actually get there.

hero.gifAnd you don't have to play cribbage, either.

Right.

qfg13032011225722s.png

hero.gifOH SHIT IT'S THE LAND OF THE LOST

qfg13032011225729.png

hero.gifSpell cast!

qfg13032011225748.png

hero.gifWaste?! Do you know how many steaks I can make out of this thing? I'm going to eat like a king!

qfg13032011225801.png

hero.gifIt's... a bouncing jelly bowling pin? With red eyes? Well whatever. This thing is clearly a monster. A... really annoying, bouncy monster. And I'm a hero, so I've gotta kill it. It can't be any tougher than that Rex I just slaughtered.

qfg13032011225808.png

qfg13032011225813.png

qfg13032011225819.png

hero.gifOkay Antwerp. Just tell me where your face is so I can stab it.

qfg13032011225821.png

qfg13032011225828.png

hero.gifWell, it's not here anymore. I guess that means I win. Yeah... yeah! Run away you coward! And don't come back or you'll get more of the same!

qfg13032011225834.png

hero.gifOH SHI-

We hold our dagger above our heads, desperately.

qfg13032011225835.png

hero.gifHuh. So that's how these things reproduce. So... did I just have sex or something?

qfg16032011231322.png

All right enough of this nonsense. We find the keyhole in the rock, exactly where Bruno said it would be during his little covert meeting.

qfg16032011231350.png

We use the toolkit, and not the key we took off the brigand. Practice makes perfect.

By the way, this is the toughest Pick Locks check in the game. You get as many tries as you want, though, as opposed to the safe, where it's three strikes and you're dead.

qfg16032011231414.png

hero.gifYes! Brigands, here I come. Wait, what's that shadow hiding in the cave ahead? Oh yeah, I'm supposed to say the 'word'. What was that again? Klaatu... barada... noose... necktie... I think it was an "N" word. Oh wait! I remember!

qfg16032011231418.png

qfg16032011231420.png

hero.gifYes! Thank you, gingko biloba!

qfg16032011231427.png

Nothing here now that we made the troll go away (it's just a standard troll battle like we've done before).

qfg16032011231437.png

hero.gifA minotaur! I remember reading about these guys back in the Famous Adventurer's Sneaking 101 course.

qfg16032011231442.png

hero.gifAll right, so as long as I don't make any loud noises, I should be fine.

Side note here: Magic Users can either fight the minotaur with their spells/dagger or cast calm, which puts Toro to sleep, and then they can safely walk into the clearing, cast open on the gate and walk right into the brigand's fortress. Making any noise on this screen, though, guarantees that the next will be filled with brigands who shoot arrows at you while you try to get across, constantly draining your health.

qfg16032011231636.png

hero.gifHyup! Up and over.

qfg16032011231639.png

hero.gifHm, nothing suspicious here. I'll just walk over this lovely rug.

qfg16032011231655.png

qfg16032011231657.png

qfg16032011231658.png

qfg16032011231701.png

Huh huh... booby

hero.gifFine then! I'll just walk around it and over this sturdy-looking bridge!

qfg16032011231739.png

hero.gifNYAAAAAAAA

qfg16032011231743.png

REWIND TIME FWWWOOOOSHWWWOOP

qfg16032011231639.png

hero.gifOh come on. You guys must have been watching some old slapstick comedies or something. These traps are painfully obvious. Still, I'd better get a close look and make sure I don't make a doofus out of myself.

qfg16032011231645.png

Using the Look icon on the stretched ropes will keep you from dying by touching them.

qfg16032011231758.png

hero.gifMade it through! Surely the brigand leader is behind this door.

qfg16032011231800.png

hero.gifNope, just a mess hall. At least the only brigand is asleep, I should be able to pass eas-- aw shit. I hear footsteps. Time to buckle my swash!

qfg16032011231801.png

hero.gifAha! I have used your security measures against you!

qfg16032011231808.png

hero.gifYes, technology is a fickle mistress. The same things you would have used to keep me out are keeping you out! ...Okay, they're gone.

Letting the brigands see you do this next step alerts them to your scheme and they just take the other way around.

qfg16032011231816.png

qfg16032011231819.png

hero.gifI knew it! So you're the stooges behind the stupid traps out there!

qfg16032011231823.png

Topple it too early and they just walk around.

qfg16032011231826.png

qfg16032011231832.png

qfg16032011231835.png

Yeah! We kicked the shit out of them. We even closed the door on the other side of the room as it was being opened by the stupid brigands who had to walk all the way around again!

qfg16032011231837.png

hero.gifScrew you guys. I know the leader is behind this door.

All right, sorry you guys. This is about halfway through the end sequence, but the other pictures are still uploading and there's a lot of transcribing to be done in this next section. I'll get the rest done tomorrow. For realsies. Promise.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1 Game down (almost) 4 to go!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The endgame sequence in QFG1 is so fantastic.

Actually come to think about it, the endgames in ALL of them are fantastic. But QFG1 just has the right mix of humor and puzzle solving and excellence.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Syphyre wrote: »
    The endgame sequence in QFG1 is so fantastic.

Actually come to think about it, the endgames in ALL of them are fantastic. But QFG1 just has the right mix of humor and puzzle solving and excellence.

I'm partial to QFG2's endgame sequence myself :)

EDIT: Getting the last bit of QFG1 done right now, and maybe I'll get started on QFG2 today.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is a fantastic LP.

I heartily approve!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You didn't even use the key you killed a man for.

I approve.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Set 14 - Yorick is a useless fuck
    qfg16032011231839.png

hero.gifAll right, brigand leader, prepare yourself for-

qfg16032011231842.png

qfg16032011231844.png

hero.gifGod damn son of a bitch

qfg16032011231845.png

qfg16032011231846.png

yorick.jpgJob hunting, or just sight-seeing? I foresee a brilliant future for you in the fall. If you've got something to say, then speak fast or forever hold your pieces. State your case before I case your estate!

hero.gifShut the fuck up, Yorick.

yorick.jpgYou know me? Then perhaps you have come to help. Perhaps you are able to take the child from the band. Alas, poor Yorick! I know me well.

hero.gifShut. The. Fuck--

yorick.jpgTen years ago, I swore I would find Elsa no matter what. It took me two years to find her, here with the brigands, and I've posed as her warlock ever since. I couldn't break the spell on her, nor could I leave her to grow up into an attractive woman surrounded by rogues and scoundrels.

hero.gifHa! Ten years and you couldn't even make a dispel potion. Some "warlock" you are. It took me less than two weeks to get all my shit together, and I didn't even start with any spells! You suck, Yorick.

yorick.jpgSomeone had to defend her honor!

hero.gifWhatever helps you sleep at night. Anyway, I'm here to help Elsa since you clearly are incapable of doing anything except telling bad jokes.

qfg16032011231911.png

yorick.jpgIt's about time that someone else helped Elsa before it's too late! Toro and I are the only friends she's got here. Toro is the minotaur that guards this fortress. Elsa found him when he was just a calf, and he's kowtowed to her ever since. He guarantees that the brigands won't give Elsa any bull.

hero.gifWait, so the minotaur is her friend too? Couldn't he have "defended her honor" while you actually did something substantial? I guess all those puns aren't going to write themselves. More reward money for me, I guess.

yorick.jpgShe's a lot like her dad, though. She organized these brigands and changed them from mere thugs into major raiders! She plans to move the entire band away from the valley as soon as the snow clears. If that happens, I know she will never be disenchanted.

hero.gifOkay, I get it. So it's important that someone who has a Dispel potion gets to her in time. I just so happen to have a Dispel potion, so how's about letting me in on the secret of getting through this room?

yorick.jpgI'll protect the Brigand Leader with everything I've got. That's no laughing matter as I get madder. This room is my way of keeping the brigands from bothering the Leader about raises, since it tends to raze the brigands. I designed it myself! This place has people rolling in the aisles.

hero.gifBut... don't you want me to help Elsa? That's what I'm here for, you know. I'm not going to hurt her. Just tell me which door to go through.

yorick.jpgThere are plenty of doors. You wouldn't want me to spoil your fun, now! Either you'll figure it out in the end, or you'll end it before you're out.

hero.gifSo basically the game designers made a puzzle in this room and they want me to figure it out no matter what. Thanks for nothing, you laughing jackass. Can't you tell me anything helpful?

yorick.jpgI borrowed a Magic Mirror from a friend to try to break the spell, but it only works when spells are cast directly at you. If you're going to be the big Hero, I hope you brought a Dispel Potion or something. The true Dispel Potion will break an enchantment. You must splash the potion on Elsa as soon as you can, or she'll skewer you for sure. She's more than a match for old 'Swordy Lordy' now!

hero.gifGod dammit, do you even listen to me? Am I talking to myself? But thanks for letting me know about the mirror. And who is this 'Swordy Lordy' character?

yorick.jpgYou must know the 'Blade Braggart'. He used to show off in the castle courtyard all the time. Elsa once asked if 'Rapier Ruler' would teach her to use the sword, and the 'Sword Bore' told her he would not waste his talent on females. She came to me in tears. After all, she was only nine at the time. She can teach old 'Weapon Windbag' a thing or two now! Her arm is true, and she's truly disarming.

hero.gifOkay, okay, enough about the Weapon Master. Tell me more about the mirror.

yorick.jpgAh yes, the 'Mirror with the Leer' as Erasmus calls it (or was it Fenrus?) It reflects a spell back on the caster of the spell. Now where did I put that mirror... was it on the desk in Elsa's office or else in the office on Elsa's desk?

hero.gifGod, you're worse than Erasmus. I'm leaving now.

qfg16032011232050.png

hero.gifThat's funny, I feel a strong gravitational pull downward.

qfg16032011232051.png

hero.gifYAAAAAAARG

qfg16032011232052.png

Okay, so if you take a wrong path, you instantly fall off the ledge. There's no pathfinding on this screen either, so you have to take very delicate steps or you'll end up rolling on the right hand side. Falling takes a little of your health off, and it's possible (although unlikely) you'll die if it happens enough times. Clicking the hand on yourself or the floor stops you from rolling.

qfg16032011232055.png

Like so.

qfg16032011232100.png

hero.gifYou son of a bitch. If I wasn't trying to be a hero I'd kill you. All right, let's try this door.

qfg16032011232111.png

hero.gifYOU PEEEEENIS WIIIIIIPE

qfg16032011232113.png

*some time later*

qfg16032011232123.png

The door on the right gives you this message, and then you end up...

qfg16032011232125.png

Here.

qfg16032011232206.png

Pulling the chain is the next correct action.

qfg16032011232208.png

For some reason taking the correct steps pisses Yorick off, and he gets up and pulls a Phoenix Wright on you.

At a certain point he begins throwing things at you, like meeps or scrolls. This knocks the hero back a little bit, and could possibly knock him off the edge. So you need to work fast before this happens or you'll be back to square one. Alternatively, you can threaten him with a throwing dagger or flame spell and he'll teleport away, giving you free reign of the room.

If you've never played the game before, this room is kind of annoying.

qfg16032011232212.png

qfg16032011232217.png

Back through the door and you need to hurry through the one the chain opened. Trying to open it before you pull the chain just reveals a brick wall in your way.

qfg16032011232221.png

Finally, we're over here next to this little tiny door.

qfg16032011232224.png

Interacting with it starts it shaking a little bit, and you've got to get out of the way, similar to the 'ermit cave door.

qfg16032011232226.png

Finally, the final door is finally revealed. Finally.

qfg16032011232229.png

I honestly don't know why Yorick doesn't help you through this room. It seems sort of counter-intuitive to his goals. Whatever.

hero.gifYou know what? I bet this goes on forever. There is no Brigand Leader room behind this door or any other door for that matter.

qfg16032011232232.png

qfg16032011232235.png

hero.gifHa, ha! You must be the brigand leader, Elsa. I am here to rescue you!

qfg16032011232236.png

qfg16032011232307.png

hero.gifWhat, you want to fight me? Silly girl, I can kill trolls! What makes you think you are any match for HURRRK

qfg16032011232244.png

*SPLORRRRCH*

qfg16032011232245.png

qfg16032011232246.png

qfg16032011232248.png

Taking too long to do anything, or taking any action besides throwing the Dispel Potion results in your instant death. Do not under any circumstances come to the brigand fortress without the Potion or you're dead, and that's all there is to it.

hero.gifAre you supposed to drink this thing, or...what? Oh shit, out of time! Here have a potion on meeeeeee

qfg16032011232321.png

qfg16032011232323.png

qfg16032011232324.png

qfg16032011232327.png

hero.gifWhoah, baby. You're even hotter than this 14-year-old centaur chick in town who I'm totally not interested in. What say you and I go have a little adventure of our own later? :winky:

qfg16032011232329.png

elsa.jpgI used to wish I was not a brigand's child but actually an enchanted princess. Now I know that I really was enchanted, and I don't have to be a brigand any more!

hero.gifWell if you want to be technical about it, you're not a princess, but whatever.

elsa.jpgThank you so much for freeing me.

hero.gifYour dad's gonna give me the reward money for sure, but I wouldn't object to something a little more... personal...

elsa.jpgI've got to hurry home to father and get his guards to capture the rest of the brigands before they manage to escape with the rest of the treasure. It must be returned to the rightful owners.

hero.gif*sigh*... So close.

elsa.jpgYorick! Yorick! I'm me again!

qfg16032011232339.png

yorick.jpgWill your dad be glad that your spell's been repelled! We need to go before the brigand's know or they'll spoil our show. C'mon! We'd better make our getaway before they get in our way.

hero.gifYes! Let's all go together!

elsa.jpgYorick and I can return to the castle with the amulet I wear, but I'm afraid you'll have to get there on your own. There are two healing potions on my desk that you may take with you.

hero.gifWell, I've done all the work so far. What's a little more, I guess?

elsa.jpgYou should use this secret passage and escape while they are arguing over the treasure. If they find you in here, you'll be overwhelmed and killed. Thank you again, and good luck! I'll make sure you are richly rewarded for your bravery.

hero.gifI like the sound of that. "Richly" rewarded.

yorick.jpgIf you decide to counter the curser, then mind the mirror over mere minds. So tip the canoe and toodleoo! Elsa, if you do the honors, I'll honor your due.

qfg16032011232353.png

hero.gifHm? What's that black bird over there?

qfg16032011232405.png

hero.gifOh well. It's probably nothing.

*BANG BANG BANG BANG*

hero.gifHey! How did they get through that bullshit room so fast! Hmph, time to leave I guess.

qfg16032011232410.png

qfg16032011232413.png

hero.gifWelllll... I've got time. Maybe I should take the bird with me, just in case.

qfg16032011232417.png

hero.gifDamn. Ah well. Out the secret passage I go!

qfg16032011232422.png

hero.gifWait a minute. How does that even...?

qfg16032011232447.png

hero.gifHey bitch, I'm back. This time I'm gonna fucking kill you.

qfg16032011232513.png

hero.gifSurprised to see me? Yeah I guess I'm just pretty damn stupid. You may as well cast a spell at me now.

qfg16032011232521.png

qfg16032011232528.png

qfg16032011232530.png

hero.gifOH SHIT SON

qfg16032011232534.png

qfg16032011232536.png

herp a derp

qfg16032011232537.png

qfg16032011232538.png

qfg16032011232540.png

qfg16032011232551.png

hero.gifYeah, that's right, run away, BEYOOOOOTCH

qfg16032011232557.png

This is appropriate here.

qfg16032011232600.png

hero.gifYes! Look at me! I am awesome! Give me all your money!

Notice Toro is here. Syphyre will have a slightly different final screen than I do, and it'll be obvious why when he gets there.

qfg16032011232620.png

Yorick cartwheels in, as useless as always.

qfg16032011232621.png

hero.gifYou bet your damn bippy I did.

qfg16032011232623.png

qfg16032011232626.png

qfg16032011232627.png

hero.gifThis is seriously my favorite pose. I could do this all day. In fact, I think I will.

qfg16032011232633.png

qfg16032011232639.png

qfg16032011232642.png

Actually, I think we bid it "fondieu".

qfg16032011232729.png

The best part of this series is that we get to save our character and import him into the next game. This game was Mass Effect before there was Mass Effect. I'll go into detail on what exactly transfers over into QFG2 when we get there. Sorry for the long update, but it's about damn time we finished the first game and moved onto the next. See you in QFG2VGA!

joshofalltrades on