As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SCHOOL THREAD - Avoiding group projects at all costs

• MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so today during lunch (which was stupid hella crowded because on short days they decide to cram everyone into one lunch, close the salad and ala carte lines, and remove 1/4 of the available seating), a guy, tall, orange hair, lean and fairly muscular, came out of nowhere from the balcony, down the stairs, and through the cafeteria, playing a saxophone and wearing a tight pair of black slacks and suspenders. nothing else.

it reminded me of zonugal

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    sitting in the library with my laptop
    got something out of my bag
    turned back to my computer and instead of going to the trackpad cupped my hand over the space where my mouse would be if I was at home

awww yeah

[strike]what he failed to mention is what his other hand was cupped around[/strike]

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blah, I have to make a 30 minute presentation on this method of analysis of protein folding, which is an area I'm pretty oblivious about.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And with that sent off email I am done with this quarter of school. Hooray!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know why I'm not going to the University of Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fzmmrk6kk&feature=related

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm not going to the University of Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fzmmrk6kk&feature=related

i'm confused there were the students but who was attacking them?? were those irishmen

Charles Kinbote on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow. I got kicked out of class today for the first time since... I think, ever.

So I showed up 5 minutes late to class. Never before has any prof, this semester or last semester, made a stink about showing up late, as long as you just get in, shut up, don't make a big commotion.

So I walk in, and clearly the professor is in the middle of an angry rant. Like he is red in the face already. He looks at me and is like "GET OUT. Come back during break". So I say "ok... when is break?" his reply, heavily sarcastic: "break."

So I say, what am I paying you for. I'm here now, why don't I just sit down. All I want to do is sit down, shut up, and pay attention to class.

His reply: "YOU CHOSE A BAD DAY TO START SOMETHING MY FRIEND"

So I say, whatever, flip him the finger, and then I fuck off. Seriously I'm not standing for that shit. I can understand how showing up late is bad, and wrong, but that is not how you fucking handle things. Especially when there has been ZERO enforcement of showing up late. You dont go from full acceptance to zero tolerance just like that.

Al_wat on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Perhaps giving your professor the finger and telling him to fuck off may have been averted.

Zonugal on
    edited March 2011
    I didn't tell him to fuck off, I meant that I fucked off. As in I left.

Yeah the finger wasn't too smart. Whatever I'll deal with the consequences.

Al_wat on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mizuumi wrote: »
    so today during lunch (which was stupid hella crowded because on short days they decide to cram everyone into one lunch, close the salad and ala carte lines, and remove 1/4 of the available seating), a guy, tall, orange hair, lean and fairly muscular, came out of nowhere from the balcony, down the stairs, and through the cafeteria, playing a saxophone and wearing a tight pair of black slacks and suspenders. nothing else.

don't ask me how i know this*, but i'm pretty sure this is a [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmq2hcUv7CQ]thing[/vidurl] among high school band geeks right now

was he playing that little tune?

*(i know this because i like to have illicit sex with high school-aged children)

redhead on
    edited March 2011
    I think what I actually should have done is just sit down.

What would he really have done?

Al_wat on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah...you probably shouldn't have flipped off your prof.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited March 2011
    I know it was stupid. I'm not that worried about it though.

Al_wat on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think you missed a chance to really flip out on your professor and then sit down and demand that he continue the class. Making sure to cough every 30 seconds

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited March 2011

I wish I knew how to play an instrument. Any instrument would enhance me drastically.

Zonugal on
    edited March 2011
    He accuses me of disrupting the class.

What is more disruptive, a student walking in 5 minutes late and sitting quietly in a chair that is literally 5 feet from the door, or the professor deciding to then blow up at this student in the middle of class.

This guy is a fucking alcoholic, I'm betting the day after St. Patrick's Day isn't his best.

Al_wat on
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »

I wish I knew how to play an instrument. Any instrument would enhance me drastically.

You are an instrument.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

You are an instrument.

*Blushes* Oh My!

Zonugal on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I think what I actually should have done is just sit down.

What would he really have done?

Turn on your recorder and start an argument with you sounding as calm and polite as possible.

Very unlikely I would have done that if I was caught off guard by the situation, but it would be fun :P

I probably would have just went to get some coffee.

Oh... what subject was this?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited March 2011
    Subject was "workplace legislation".

The hilarious thing is this guy also teaches our "Communications" class. The guy is the worst communicator I've ever met. He gets really flustered easily.

Al_wat on
    edited March 2011
    My communications teacher was a big teddy bear.

TheStig on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My communications teacher was from India and had a hard time grasping English.

Although, it was a 'technical communications' class.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited March 2011
    redhead wrote: »

don't ask me how i know this*, but i'm pretty sure this is a [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmq2hcUv7CQ]thing[/vidurl] among high school band geeks right now

was he playing that little tune?

*(i know this because i like to have illicit sex with high school-aged children)

oh man yes it is this thing exactly

god damn

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And the original inspiration, if I'm right:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrTT5KbJfc
    At 00:25

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like the moment you finally get some sleep after not being able to for over 24 hours is just...glorious.

I woke up and was like Yeah...

I think I just slept for about 12 hours.

Sassori on
    edited March 2011
    so i just sent an email apologizing. I feel spineless but I think it was the best choice.

Al_wat on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sexy sax man is definitely a thing going around right now.

Band geeks pushaw.

Oghulk on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so i just sent an email apologizing. I feel spineless but I think it was the best choice.

Admitting when you believe yourself to be in the wrong is not a spineless act.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I do hate when you apologize because you have to and don't mean it.

I have to do one of those soon. I hate making nice.

It reminds me of when I was in elementary school and someone forced me to be friends with another kid. I wasn't being mean to her but I didn't think I should be forced to make nice to her when I didn't like her.

Sassori on
    edited March 2011
    I still don't agree with the way he reacted, but I can at least admit that I was wrong in what I did.

edit: prof emailed back. situation successfully smoothed over.

Al_wat on
  • KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so this Advanced Topics in Organic Chem class fits my schedule for fall semester and I may take it but damn if I take it and then do bad on the organic chem part of the MCAT i'll feel like a huge ass.

Kabitzy on
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    I do hate when you apologize because you have to and don't mean it.

I have to do one of those soon. I hate making nice.

It reminds me of when I was in elementary school and someone forced me to be friends with another kid. I wasn't being mean to her but I didn't think I should be forced to make nice to her when I didn't like her.

I try not to do that to kids at my job. It's well-known to be a poor idea, anyway, so I usually tell kids that if they can't get along, then stay away from each other or so help me I'll get pissy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited March 2011
    I still don't agree with the way he reacted, but I can at least admit that I was wrong in what I did.

I hope you didn't miss out on the makeup sex.

TheStig on
    edited March 2011
    don't know where else to post this so postin' it here

despite my best efforts and an absurd amount of electrical tape, the right speaker on my earbuds finally cut out completely today. does anybody have any recommendations for good, durable, and preferably inexpensive (more than $40-50 is pushing it) headphones?

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finally on spring break.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
    edited March 2011
    TheStig wrote: »

I hope you didn't miss out on the makeup sex.

oh man the best kind

Al_wat on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    spring break isn't until april 4th for me but I at least had the day of today because of some teacher meeting

Antimatter on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Septus wrote: »
    And the original inspiration, if I'm right:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrTT5KbJfc
    At 00:25

SERGIO

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    don't know where else to post this so postin' it here

despite my best efforts and an absurd amount of electrical tape, the right speaker on my earbuds finally cut out completely today. does anybody have any recommendations for good, durable, and preferably inexpensive (more than $40-50 is pushing it) headphones?

earbuds or headphones?

Looking at the housing for UCSC (CSUN I'd be living at home, San Francisco State I'd likely be in an apartment) only a few places have kitchens :? I like cooking; but it seems I can't even bring a car with me so how would I even get to do groceries? I am so used to conveniences, I can tell. It drips from my voice. I am privileged like that.

Muse Among Men on
    edited March 2011
    i'm used to earbuds, but i'm fine with either as long as the sound quality is good and they'll last me a good while

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
This discussion has been closed.