As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i drew NEWER things NOT on paper

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I think it looks pretty damn cool EWA, I kinda miss the shadow face but obviously you needed it to look like the dude so that couldnt happen. I also like your sweet typography better than the original.

Iruka on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ah cool thanks Ruka, I also liked the dark face element, but yup we wanted to showcase the artist. I also would've liked some softer edges for the fire and the hair, but when I realized finishing the whole thing and using the blur tool made some really cheap looking results, I just left everything sharp. I shoulda worked up my softer edges more earlier in the process, good to know for next time.

Glad you likeed the typography though!

Shit sticks I just noticed a weird typo on track for where it says produced by. Luckily I'm not the only one who didn't see it.

earthwormadam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Long live epic 80's muscles.
    There's a few little issues here and there (his left arm looks slightly cut and pasted onto the torso, the sword isn't following the same perspective line as the hand, could have used a few more harder edges to balance out the soft ones) but, honestly they're all just pissy crits, I think you've done a pretty fucking good job all in all.

Mustang on
    edited October 2010
    Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with it overall. Also the first run of this is going to be a simple front back panel, but after that its going to be printed on a fold out type package, so I 'd love to go back and edit a few small things later. Now that I look at it both arms seem pretty pasted on.

earthwormadam on
    edited December 2010
    Yay so the CDs got pressed and came out pretty cool. I designed some flyers and posters using the same illustration but I wont bother posting them cause they're all pretty similiar.

Also I cooked up this little paraody of one of my favorite albums/designs of all time. Probably gonna get nuked by photobucket though. A indictment on the current state of rap music I guess, but not Outkast cause they're still awesome.

outkast4.jpg

{original cover}
    outkastcopy.jpg

Also and with another round of Arcadia, comes more comics! Woo!

1-10.jpg
    2copy.jpg
    3-10.jpg
    4copy-1.jpg
    5copy-1.jpg
    6copy.jpg

1copy.jpg
    2copy-1.jpg
    3copy.jpg
    4copy-2.jpg
    5copy-2.jpg
    6copy-1.jpg
    7copy.jpg

{hidden language decoder}
    font.jpg

See the hole back and forth sha-bang here.

earthwormadam on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Your Waffa comics have gotten astounding, sir.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • PukioPukio Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy god, this is magical.

Pukio on
    edited December 2010
    Thank ya both to the max!

earthwormadam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're a visionary Adam, not even hollywood has had someone surfing a wave of liquid magma yet.

Mustang on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    These are awesome. It is like a contest to out "over the top" each other. You, sir, are untouchable.

brokecracker on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    amazing stuff

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    You're a visionary Adam, not even hollywood has had someone surfing a wave of liquid magma yet.
    Spy Kids: 3D. I hate myself for knowing that.

Cool stuff, Adam!

Mangoes on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    really enjoyed that comic.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited December 2010
    Thanks guys.

There's something about that limited time-frame that helps me thumbnail out the bare essentials of what I want to do with the pages, and still have just enough time left to ink and finish them.

Oh and there's no shame in this thread Mango about seeing Spy Kids. I'm actually a big Robert Rodriguez fan, so I may even eventually end up watching that, who knows!

earthwormadam on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you watch Spy Kids, watch the first one. The quality really trailed off as the series went on.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS 7 WHEN THE FIRST ONE CAME OUT OKAY

Mangoes on
    edited December 2010
    Hahha will do will do.

And since my SS over at G&T already posted the gift, I suppose I could post it over here to. He liked Super Meat Boy, so I did my darnest to make a cool SMB custom Munny. It was the first one I'd done, but I've been wanting to try this forever. It was pretty fun, and I think I'm going to try to crank out some more down the line. It was done with spray paint as a base coat and acrylics for everything else. I'm definitely going to need a better set of brushes though. It was hard to take a picture without losing the detail and getting glare everywhere, I think it looked a bit cooler in person but oh wells.

MLMPcd.jpg

(GIF)
    turn.gif

earthwormadam on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    First off, can I say, I'm super jealous, super meat boy is awsome. I didn't know they made goat munnys, adorable!

Also, Your hand writing is ridiculous, its so graffiti esque.

Iruka on
  • RadioKillerRadioKiller bringer of death to antiquated technology a methlab in MORegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    When I first saw your comic, I was going to add that maybe it need a little color to make it... "distinctive" (for lack of a better word) but above I see you've already accomplished that, and I think it looks really well done.

RadioKiller on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Super cool Goat munny. I am jelous of your ss. I also give a thumbs up for Gypsy Punks, great album.

brokecracker on
    edited December 2010
    Thanks RK, I woulda loved to add more color, but the time constraints proved to be too much. Some people over at the site manage some really great full color pages, but those people are not me. I like to stick to one for simplicities sake, and swap the colors out in new environments when applicable. Also on my computer, that first color looked more blue purple and less grayish, but thats what I get for working on an ancient computer.

Glad ya liked it BC I'm going to try to crank out some more of those sometime after Xmas. They're fun to do and perhaps more importantly pretty cheap material wise.

earthwormadam on
    edited February 2011
    Haven't posted much in awhile, this seems to be a reoccuring theme in here...

But I've been doing stuff I swear, like this flyer based on the cover for Susparia!

killerclassicWEB.jpg

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2011
    I just realized there's a fair amount of boob on this page, nsfw inserted.

Man, for some reason I just can't get exicted about creating something for myself, so I made a poster for an awesome NH chiptune band. I wish my job was to make posters however I felt like for a job, that'd be swell.

Original

ATTICbits2.jpg

Final

ATTICbits1.jpg

I think I may have lost something in the transition, but I spent way to fucking long working on the finished version to be dwelling on the things I liked about the 5 minute sketch.

earthwormadam on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    you probably don't want to hear this but the five minute sketch blows the finshed version out of the park.

also Fuck yeah Just-ice!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited March 2011
    NNNOOooOOOoo...
    ...ooOOOoo!

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2011
    UUUuupdate!

ATTICbits3.jpg

So I tweaked the text, and fixed getting both the name of the band AND the album incorrect. Go me! I also tried to fix the colors, as the pink is looking darker on the computer I'm using Photoshop on. When I bring it over to this one I'm having a hard time separating it from the blue. Anything else I should try to do last minute?

earthwormadam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like the flowers are really evenly placed to a fault- they seem more like a pattern than a field of actual flowers.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited March 2011
    Hmm I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I can shuffle a few of those around so they're not quite so uniform. Thanks!

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2011
    So I attempted to make the flowers more sporadic, but I just didn't like the look of it. I added a shitload more in hopes if it not looking so desolate. Also while I was working on it I managed to loose the version I had with a 1/8 inch bleed for printing. OOops.

ATTICbits3copy.jpg

Also the flyer I made for the event I'm throwing at my house. Be there or be fucking LAME.

KGJBflyer.jpg

earthwormadam on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Personally I like the flowers the way they are. You have this style that is imprecise but very very clean and it sort of comes off in a cool way. The fact that all of your shapes are so specifically geometric make graphic patterns that would be odd in a painting are alright in your more GD style work I'd say. Also I disagree with Bwanie. Finished version is more slick.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I attempted to make the flowers more sporadic, but I just didn't like the look of it. I added a shitload more in hopes if it not looking so desolate. Also while I was working on it I managed to loose the version I had with a 1/8 inch bleed for printing. OOops.

ATTICbits3copy.jpg

Also the flyer I made for the event I'm throwing at my house. Be there or be fucking LAME.

KGJBflyer.jpg

You're probably already well-aware, of this, Adam, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

NearestNeighbor.jpg

Nearest Neighbor resampling makes the image larger without trying to smooth out the colors so you can make sprites of guys breaking their baseball bats larger without sacrificing pixelation.

I think, overall, the biggest flaw in your art is that you're not using it to make comics all the time.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Oh! That is something that I did not know. I'll def use that next time I have to enlarge crappy little images.

Thanks Toji, I'll try to do some more comic-ing very soon.

The Thhiiiiing

earthwormadam on
    edited March 2011
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    Personally I like the flowers the way they are. You have this style that is imprecise but very very clean and it sort of comes off in a cool way. The fact that all of your shapes are so specifically geometric make graphic patterns that would be odd in a painting are alright in your more GD style work I'd say. Also I disagree with Bwanie. Finished version is more slick.

I didn't catch your comment on the botp, but thanks muchly. Hopefully the newer one is a sorta happy medium.

earthwormadam on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahahaha

two things:

-I just commented on The Thing earlier not having seen that post (EWA and I agree: That's an awesome movie)

-I saw the Tribe Called Quest tee on the first page and smiled. You see, my friend was caught looking directly into a security camera while tagging a building. The good thing was his face was washed out and distorted. The bad thing was "Tribe Called Quest" was emblazoned across his chest. Without knowing that picture was in the paper and on TV, he was wearing that shirt the next day at school.

I'd love to see your take on the Thing and badass MacReady Adam.

Red_Arremer on
    edited March 2011
    Thats wicked funny RA. Note to self, always change shirt after doing vandalism.

I'll see what I can do for your request, surely there is nothing cooler to draw.

earthwormadam on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sweeeet.

Red_Arremer on
    edited June 2011
    haha holy overdue update batman

Not really a lot to show unfortunatly but I have been doodling on my breaks while at work, with bics and sharpies so here's those. They're on the back of these menu slips we have in the dining room. I didn't think these were that large but apparently they kinda are, at least the long way. Sorry!

tikigod.jpg

genericskull.jpg

pigrattler.jpg

genericelf.jpg

sillyrabbit.jpg

genericpunk.jpg

Also Red Arremer, I totally made a MacReady mini comic and it was dumb so I never finished it or scanned it. If I didnt think most of my stuff was stupid I'd prob have a lot more to show... But I did finish my Wuphabet! So thats something, right...right? Once I get a moment I'll prob do a step by step thing on my blog when I get the time to put it together. Shit I haven't updated over there in longer than over here and thats sad.

wu5.jpg

Here's another little thing I'm working on now and I'd love some thoughts or pointers, because its an art gift for a lady. She likes giraffes and elefants so I figured I'd combine the two. Here's the initial doodle and where I'm at now. Thanks in advance.

hybrid.jpg
    hybrid2.jpg

earthwormadam on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man, I love that alphabet. It's almost like H.R. Giger makes the Rugrats. That sounds really weird, but it's supposed to be a complement. Awkward!

NibCrom on
    edited June 2011
    That is weird!! Your weird for saying that. Weirdo. But thanks!

Also here's a quick update on that animal. GAaarg the more I work on this, the more I dislike it, and the more I wanna scrap it and start over. This is why I don't like to art gift dammit. It just looks boring and it seems like it would be better if there was something more going on and better references from the animals. Any other thoughts on why this sucks?

hybrid3.jpg

earthwormadam on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I guess it would help if there was some sort of story behind it. I'm not really getting the tree with the ladder. More context, more reason. Why is there such a strange animal? Is the animal a solution to a problem?

NibCrom on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm digging it adam. And helll yes (with three 'L's even) to the wuphabet.

Nib: I'm guessing it's to help show the scale of the Girelephant

Prospicience on