As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    how do I get my people to like me more? I'm almost at the end of act 1 and I have yet to find any gifts yet

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For tanking with a two hander you'll want templar and defender. Battlemaster abilities are useful if you can manage them.

I wouldn't go reaver just for the heal unless you plan on not rolling with a mage in the group that can heal.

Which will basically leave you with one choice down the road.

edit:

Plus, you'll probably want to get Taunt and Bravery.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    how do I get my people to like me more? I'm almost at the end of act 1 and I have yet to find any gifts yet

IIRC, there aren't any gifts in Act 1. There is one gift for each party member in Act 2 (some found, some bought) and there are gifts for Fenris, Isabela, and Merrill in Act 3.

Your best bet is to be consistent with your choices depending on your party makeup. E.g., if you want Fenris to be your friend, don't take him on quests involving mages and then side with them, etc. You'll get your biggest boosts by doing the party member specific quests and saying the right things in the aftermath.

With a concerted effort, I got everyone except Isabela to max by the end of Act 2. If you just play normally, you can easily get everyone to max friendship or rivalry by the end of Act 3.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    god I love telling Anders to shut the hell up

somebody get me a slap Anders mod

Weaver on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone put Carver at max Friendship.
    Does he become less resentful?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2011
    there's a gift for your sibling in act one

at least there is for bethany

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've heard that if they are in rivalry territory gifts only push them further down that path rather than getting friendship points out of it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So reading through the DA2 thread of another forum, someone gave the opinion that the story would be better if the main plot events that took place in Act 2 and 3 were switched. Any thoughts on that that lean towards yay or nay?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I dunno.

One is mostly just Kirkwall stuff and the other has very plain worldwide consequences.

It would be pretty dumb if act three happened and all the shit is going down and then oh hey gotta deal with this (comparatively) minor thing.

Also, regarding the final fight:
    Zevran showing up was pretty rad. I heard his voice without seeing him and then he leapt in and started attacking the same guy as me and I was like yaaaaaay Zevran

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So reading through the DA2 thread of another forum, someone gave the opinion that the story would be better if the main plot events that took place in Act 2 and 3 were switched. Any thoughts on that that lean towards yay or nay?
    I think it would have made a little more sense if you managed to become Viscount. It's not really mentioned and the way the story plays out you're not given an idea of how much time has transpired since Meredith was defeated and when Hawke took off.

Unless I missed something that is, because I wasn't aware of the time-frame.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hahahah oh Merrill
    Asking Aveline why she doesn't arrest us for breaking the law all the time, Merrill asks if it's because she's fond of Hawke, saying she kind of is. Aveline says "Keep it to yourself."

Merrill- "I'd rather keep it with her."

Hadn't gotten that party dialogue before.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Owenashi wrote: »
    With so much more buildup to the fight with the Arishok, it seems that way at first. Sure, the whole game was about Templar and mages, and Meredith was certainly mentioned quite a few times. However, you didn't really see Meredith and Orsino much until Act 3.

It makes no sense to put the Qunari at the end, given the overall theme of the game. I think the real problem is the lack of face time for the main antagonists prior to the final act. It's not so much an order thing as a pacing thing.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You should get Sebastian if only because I am the only Cinematic Designer on it and by gods my work was referenced in a Norwegian newspaper because I brought heavily implied fellatio to the DA universe.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not that I don't appreciate your work but I'll just youtube it. I'm saving my bioware points for The Arrival.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vsove I got Sebastian.

He's pretty cool, but only adds to my problems of picking who to bring with me. I want all the party members all the time.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So i was just paying it, and i got ambushed and wound up in a mountainous area. When i finished the ambush i traveled to my destination to wind up in the same mountainous area.

Also also, any time Hawk talks to someone and that person pauses to "walk to the right then walk back into place" is getting really distracting.... me2 had a lot of this too.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I liked Sebastian. He's a stand up guy. And his earnest desire for swift, brutal, and ironic justice is why I had to make the tough decisions there a the end. Also,
    FELICITATE ME!

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can understand the issues of creating large parties for RPGs.
    I just feel that a AAA RPG that managed it well, would be pretty ground breaking, or at the very least, really interesting.
    I think it will eventually be possible for an RPG to feature the command of large 12 character parties and face swarms and challenges relative to them.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I would kill for a game like DA except with my whole party all the time, tackling fights that are well balanced for that number.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So apparently I missed 2 of Aveline's armor upgrades and the last one is supposedly bugged? Let's hope they fix that by the time I get to that quest.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vsove I got it! Well I mean I bought the Prestige edition. But hey!

Bucketman on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait, i played through his quest line, when does the nob gobblin' happen?

Melding on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    wait, i played through his quest line, when does the nob gobblin' happen?

Act Two
    on the top floor of the Harimann estate. It is sadly missable.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad I explored everywhere in that part, woulda been disappointed if I had missed that scene.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Barcardi wrote: »
    So i was just paying it, and i got ambushed and wound up in a mountainous area. When i finished the ambush i traveled to my destination to wind up in the same mountainous area.

Also also, any time Hawk talks to someone and that person pauses to "walk to the right then walk back into place" is getting really distracting.... me2 had a lot of this too.

I made sure to use the 'soap opera' shot sparingly. That is to say, the person Hawke is talking to walking backwards, talking into the camera and then moving back into place.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Often in these games you pick up a lot of dudes.
    But there is never a good story explanation as to why you can only chill with a few at a time.
    I figure it's resource intensive and just difficult to manage.
    I think that a more robust AI/Tactics feature could fix the manageability.
    It could also be one of those things that is currently possible, but winds up being not very fun.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2011
    Considering that in this game and the first you have variable numbers of party members based on your decisions that seems like it would be really hard to balance around. I had a Dragon Age 1 run where it was just me, Morrigan, Oghren and SECRET CHARACTER left alive so you'd have to scale every battle for that eventuality, as well as a full group. I'd also imagine it would leave people with a lot fewer skills individually, which is the same effect in the end.

A duck! on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    About Flemeth.
    Can we speculate that she is an Archdemon, or an uncorrupted Tevinter God? She definitely fits the part.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It seems like in an engine like DA2, you would have to be able to generate 80 characters, compared the 26 or so characters in battles it normally does.

That seems like it could be tough to run. But if you believe that we could eventually run it seamlessly, I would say that you wouldn't need to dilute anyone's abilities. I'm saying this assuming baddies in DA2, operate similarly as NPCs.

It would probably work best in a linear story. You only commanding large numbers until you near the endgame. You could then scale the difficulty to the acquisition of characters via the story. Throw in large amounts of optional side quests that vanish as characters are introduced, and you have a nice dream game.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    DudBolt wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Can we speculate that she is an Archdemon, or an uncorrupted Tevinter God? She definitely fits the part.
    My money is on the only surviving Magister/Magistress from the original Tevinter occupation of the Golden City.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also Isabella
    stop trying to give my sister illustrated Andraste fanfic

Weaver on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ohhh.... $40 on amazon.

Oh wait, this 2000 word, 1 start review on amazon, detailing how DA2 sucks and RPGs aren't RPGs anymore has convinced me not to purchase.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm not even in it for the gameplay I'm just doing an animated choose-your-own-adventure novel

Weaver on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, I want to play it through again, but I want to play my goody-two-shoes warrior, who is supposed to bang merrill, and I don't want the crazy out of order quest dialogues.

vsove, hurry up and give xbox live the patch!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    you know... i like the crazy elf girl, she has grown on me, if only because Isabella and Verric do nothing but make fun of her and she is constantly perplexed that Isabella does not have a peg leg.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone know if Darkspawn are capable of dreaming and if their magic follows the same rules as their Non-Darkspawn counterparts?

I'm wondering because of learning of Dream-Walkers in DAII. If Darkspawn dream like normal folk thereby entering The Fade. Would it not be possible for for Dream-Walkers to locate these Darkspawn as scouts, relay that information to the Grey Wardens, and use it to root them out and destroy them? Possibly keep track of their movements and strike them after finding an Old God but before tainting it? Which would prevent a blight altogether.

Just curious if these things have been answered and I didn't see or can't recall it.

I know these Dream-Walkers are a rare breed, but the Tevinter's possess them and can train them.

It's kind of an overpowered skill in that universe if you think about it. Does Flemeth sleep? Does Morrigan sleep? Do the Old Gods sleep?

I can't be the only person thinking this. I may need to scrounge up some emails and see if people can give me an answer.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    darkspawn don't sleep, they wait.

Melding on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited March 2011
    They just retcon that stuff in DA3 and then when you do an import from DA2 that contradicts the story of 3 they'll just say "Deal with it"

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

They are mages that are capable of using dreams/the fade to do stuff. I think travel and kill people.
    Feynriel is one and supposedly some of the most powerful Tevinter Magisters are Dream-Walkers. They are rare and from what I learned in DAII incredibly powerful.

Who really knows the full range or extent of their power? Those demons in The Fade really wanted Feynriel's ass because of that.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png