As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    They just retcon that stuff in DA3 and then when you do an import from DA2 that contradicts the story of 3 they'll just say "Deal with it"

I thought I was on RPG Codex for a minute there.

Although, now that I think about it there wasn't anything racist/sexist/gymnast about it.

Something Awful then?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

They are mages that are capable of using dreams/the fade to do stuff. I think travel and kill people.
    Feynriel is one and supposedly some of the most powerful Tevinter Magisters are Dream-Walkers. They are rare and from what I learned in DAII incredibly powerful.

Who really knows the full range or extent of their power? Those demons in The Fade really wanted Feynriel's ass because of that.

Ahh, I wasn't sure.
    Yeah, I imagine Feynriel will be in perpetual deep shit until he learns to really control his powers, after which point he will probably have little trouble fucking up the shit of most demons that pester him.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, having trained in the Tevinter Imperium, he comes back as a major threat later, in DA3.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

They are mages that are capable of using dreams/the fade to do stuff. I think travel and kill people.
    Feynriel is one and supposedly some of the most powerful Tevinter Magisters are Dream-Walkers. They are rare and from what I learned in DAII incredibly powerful.

Who really knows the full range or extent of their power? Those demons in The Fade really wanted Feynriel's ass because of that.

Ahh, I wasn't sure.
    Yeah, I imagine Feynriel will be in perpetual deep shit until he learns to really control his powers, after which point he will probably have little trouble fucking up the shit of most demons that pester him.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, having trained in the Tevinter Imperium, he comes back as a major threat later, in DA3.
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out with him. They are so many ways to play that out, though. Hard to imagine they'd invest time and energy into him with that in mind. Although, Isabela was minor character, but there weren't any story related points with her as there were with Feynriel.

He can be made tranquil. Go off to be trained in the Imperium or possessed by a sloth demon. The last one is probably the scariest one to imagine.

I could see having a quest involved with him. Unless they want to forget about the whole dream-walker thing. My secret hope was for him to be a companion in a game. Him and Sandal setting the world on fire.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They just retcon that stuff in DA3 and then when you do an import from DA2 that contradicts the story of 3 they'll just say "Deal with it"

Although, now that I think about it there wasn't anything racist/sexist/gymnast about it.

Something Awful then?

I was just channeling some complaint I saw from someone who killed Leliana during the Sacred Ashed quest.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Something Awful then?

I was just channeling some complaint I saw from someone who killed Leliana during the Sacred Ashed quest.

How did you get a hold of my diary?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    blood magic

Weaver on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dick magic

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to do an Uncle Tom run with a Mage where I side with the Templars every chance I get. I'll have Anders with me the whole way.

A duck! on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A duck! wrote: »
    I'm going to do an Uncle Tom run with a Mage where I side with the Templars every chance I get. I'll have Anders with me the whole way.

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

Hunter on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do we know whats up with Sandal? did he inhale too much lyrium or something?

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Do we know whats up with Sandal? did he inhale too much lyrium or something?

he is the maker reborn

But fucked up and accidentally choose dwarf form

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    that's ridiculous

he's obviously an old god that accidentally went into a dwarf instead of a dragon

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth and Sandal are the last two remaining old gods. Basically as powerful as The Maker, but they didn't have an entire religion based on them.

They're just hanging out on Thedas, chillin', and doing echantments.

Hunter on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

It would be hilarious though

and saying to Anders "shut the fuck up" all the time would be great.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

Yes sir, Mister Templar sir

There goes Aduck the Mage...he's one of 'the good ones'.

Hunter on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

Yes sir, Mister Templar sir

There goes Aduck the Mage...he's one of 'the good ones'.

He's not like those other uppity mages, with the blood magic and baggy robes.

A duck! on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DudBolt wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Can we speculate that she is an Archdemon, or an uncorrupted Tevinter God? She definitely fits the part.
    My money is on the only surviving Magister/Magistress from the original Tevinter occupation of the Golden City.

This is technically possible but
    Flemeth showed up way further along in history than that.

The whole Golden City thing is pre-history, assuming it even happened.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Can we speculate that she is an Archdemon, or an uncorrupted Tevinter God? She definitely fits the part.
    My money is on the only surviving Magister/Magistress from the original Tevinter occupation of the Golden City.

I don't buy all of these crazy origins for Flemeth.
    According to her legend she was just a strong mage that summoned a powerful demon then got possessed by it.
    That might not be exciting enough for some people, but there's a codex entry that says if a Greater Pride Demon would be able to cross the Veil, then the entire world would be in deep shit.

Could be that BioWare has some crazy reveal planned for her, but so far there are no signs that she's not "just" the strongest abomination ever.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth was likely an exceedingly clever mage to start with

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Turambar wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    About Flemeth.

I don't buy all of these crazy origins for Flemeth.
    According to her legend she was just a strong mage that summoned a powerful demon then got possessed by it.
    That might not be exciting enough for some people, but there's a codex entry that says if a Greater Pride Demon would be able to cross the Veil, then the entire world would be in deep shit.

Could be that BioWare has some crazy reveal planned for her, but so far there are no signs that she's not "just" the strongest abomination ever.

It could well be that
    She merged with a "benevolent" spirit as did Anders but the resulting merger of alien psyches resulted in something different. Imagine a spirit of Compassion merged with a human being, becoming convinced over centuries that the only way to change the world for the better is to meddle and plot and scheme and nudge events towards a desired outcome like some kind of fate spider. Just one example but who knows really. Not us.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh come on. Let's just kill the maker already. Feel like it's totally Fen'Haerel. Bring back elfgods, and ye shall see awesome reckoning

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth and Sandal are each 1/2 of The Maker. They were split in half by the old gods, which were then cursed into being blight dragons and buried. The last thing they did was create dark spawn to help free them and kill all the other races.

If all the old gods die, Flemeth and Sandal rejoin and become The Maker. Flemeth sets up Morrigan's demon-baby as a way so her part of The Maker stays separate because she likes things the way they are. She also helped the Warden because it can't go the other way, because she couldn't defeat all the dark spawn and still alive old gods by herself. She needs to keep them at balance for now.

Hunter on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ohhh.... $40 on amazon.

Oh wait, this 2000 word, 1 start review on amazon, detailing how DA2 sucks and RPGs aren't RPGs anymore has convinced me not to purchase.

I'm seeing it at $50. Is there a certain version that's $40, or did you round the $9.99 down?

godmode on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    think that was just yesterday

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Awww. Timestamp on his post was 2 this morning :(

godmode on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It was a one day gold box deal yesterday.

The digital version is $50 right now and comes with a $15 games credit though.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Damn. What's the $15 game credit for? Is it an Amazon credit or an EA one?

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Damn. What's the $15 game credit for? Is it an Amazon credit or an EA one?

Maybe I'm crazy because I swear I saw it earlier but now I can't find it.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HMMMM TEMPTING. Unfortunately, the game credit doesn't do me much good. I typically buy video games either A) On Steam, or B) On impulse when I'm perusing the mall. In fact, I don't really buy anything from Amazon at all other than books, and this credit seems to only be good towards games and digital downloads of such.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HMMMM TEMPTING. Unfortunately, the game credit doesn't do me much good. I typically buy video games either A) On Steam, or B) On impulse when I'm perusing the mall. In fact, I don't really buy anything from Amazon at all other than books, and this credit seems to only be good towards games and digital downloads of such.

Yes it is a video games only credit. I find that amazon has pretty good video game prices, but they're not an impulse buy site. Except for this new digital download stuff.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    captaink wrote: »

Yes it is a video games only credit. I find that amazon has pretty good video game prices, but they're not an impulse buy site. Except for this new digital download stuff.

Aside from WoW, impulse is really the only reason I buy video games...Meh. I'll probably just keep an eye on Steam for their inevitable DA II sale. In any case, I STILL haven't finished DA: Origins:
    I last saved just before going into battle with Loghain at the Landsmeet.

godmode on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This thread needs more screenshots.
    electrifyin.png

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you want this on PC, http://www.direct2drive.com/ has a 20% off code (MARCHMADNESS) for their whole store this weekend.

captaink on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So glad I got in on that Amazon sale for this game.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still in Act 1, playing a 2H warrior and wearing Blood Dragon armour - is there a better armour set for me in this Act? I like the bonuses, but I'm ready for a change.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still in Act 1, playing a 2H warrior and wearing Blood Dragon armour - is there a better armour set for me in this Act? I like the bonuses, but I'm ready for a change.

yes, armor of the Fallen.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is it just me or are all the second tier armor set's chestpieces not quite worth getting? I mean, you actually have to wait till Act 3 to pick up the Warrior one and the only way to get the Rogue one is to miss a cool intervention moment with Aveline.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well I finally fired off my IMPORTANT OPINIONS to vsove only for them to get mangled by hotmail

God almighty, if the preview window shows it all legible and coherent, it should be sent in that fashion, don't put spaces in stupid places

I wish you were a person, hotmail, so I could run across a bridge and slap you in the face.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey,
    sacrificing yourself
    in da:o is actually pretty neat
    my tomb is gonna have the best treasure

Shabooty on