Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

To attack the dragon, turn to page 79 [CYOA thread!]

QuothQuoth the RavenMiami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
Reading is awesome, but sometimes the lack of interaction is boring. You want agency. You want choice. You want...

thecaveoftime.jpg

These books have been around since the late 70s/early 80s. The official series isn't being made anymore, but someone out there is probably still churning these puppies out. And of course, a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon.

446px-Alternamorphs_1.jpg

GYG1.jpg

pretty-little-mistakes.jpg

And some very NSFW stuff as well, because no genre can withstand the prurient touch of the erotica brigade.

But the nerdiest of all?

517C7RAQ9WL._SL500_.jpg

You chose skills! You got weapons! It was like D&D except you could do it alone instead of begging your mom for a ride to a friend's house or a tiny store that smelled like, well, you times ten I guess.

So, SE++, tell me about your love of CYOA books. And if you are bored, check out the CYOA-style story that VanityPants and Traikan and I are writing.

Quoth on
“Hic non defectus est, sed cattus minxit desuper nocte quadam. Confundatur pessimus cattus qui minxit super librum istum in nocte Daventrie, et consimiliter omnes alii propter illum. Et cavendum valde ne permittantur libri aperti per noctem ubi cattie venire possunt.”
Site | The Miami Grindstone | Twitter | Dropbox | Picture by Galen Dara