As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Season finale next week. Get your Rusty Ventures while they last.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm so happy I have access to Adult Swim again.

I desperately need to catch up on what I missed. I love this show.

Sassori on
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really need to watch season 4 still, hope someone I know has the DVD!

premium on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    has volume 2 of season 4 come out yet

I don't watch tv

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh it totally has

I disapprove of separating seasons into volumes but what can I do

I'm not watching that shit on tv like a sucker

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Need to get Season 4 complete when the non-blu-ray comes out. And it is <$20.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fucking love Venture Bros. I need to catch up on, like, almost everything.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    VB is also on the short list of shows that has become better as it goes on and not worse. They have continually moved into new spaces with their core characters and introduced new characters along the way. Not many shows, especially animated shows, have that down.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    VB is also on the short list of shows that has become better as it goes on and not worse. They have continually moved into new spaces with their core characters and introduced new characters along the way. Not many shows, especially animated shows, have that down.

I'd say Metalocalypse has seen a similar climb in quality as it's gone on. The jump to a half-hour format did it a whole lot of favors. Archer, too, has gotten better and deeper as its run.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really like their commentaries on the DVD's. The only had a few on the season 2 dvd, but every episode on 3 had them talking about...whatever. They'd forget all about the show or spend time discussing how ridiculous the animators were. Gotta get the s4 one now that both half seasons are together.

Firematic. on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'd say Metalocalypse has seen a similar climb in quality as it's gone on. The jump to a half-hour format did it a whole lot of favors. Archer, too, has gotten better and deeper as its run.

I'd say yes and no for Metalocalypse. There's a big jump between season 1 and 2, but I felt a couple of the longer stories in 3 didn't hold up as well and would have been better as their old short snips.

Also, season 3 felt way too short even if it was basically the same run time as the previous seasons.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Metalocalypse totally did benefit from the extra 15 minutes. I seem to recall the voice acting getting quite a bit better as time went on, too. In early episodes I really hated Murderface and could rarely understand Toki or Skwisgaar. Their accents were affected to the point of being awful.

Archer has fallen into a comfortable stride, but I was really into Frisky Dingo and that's arguably a much worse show. I think Archer really benefits from the mistakes Frisky made as a program. They found the line on how self-referential they really need to be and learned to keep plots confined to an episode, but still meaningful to continuity.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Relevant to people here I am sure:

http://www.ugo.com/

Running a contest today for the blu ray set of season 4.

I just won so yeah have fun everybody.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ugo?

ug-no

jwalk on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh it totally has

I disapprove of separating seasons into volumes but what can I do
    It is completly ridulous and also costs more than the blu-ray!

I am outraged over here.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    More importantly: They just started work in season four of Metalocalypse!!!!!

I really should go power DVD Venture brothers. I've only ever seen the last fifteen minutes of an episode when I turn to Cartoon Network to catch Metalocalypse.

Just like those Pony fanatics were right, I'd venture to say that you people who love Venture Bros. probably know what you're talking about.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Naphtali wrote: »

I'd say yes and no for Metalocalypse. There's a big jump between season 1 and 2, but I felt a couple of the longer stories in 3 didn't hold up as well and would have been better as their old short snips.

Also, season 3 felt way too short even if it was basically the same run time as the previous seasons.

I agree with everything you've just said. While I did love plenty about season 3, it's always the season 2 DVDs I find myself popping in when bored. Also, they pulled a LOST and didn't answer hardly any of the mysteries.

I'm so excited about season 4!

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was at C2E2 this weekend and met these 2 dudes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxtJZaaH2dc

The voices are fucking spot on.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haha, that's great! :D

Ivar on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The final episode was so fucking awesome I could easily have been happy if it ended there.

Still, looking forward to the new seasons.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The mournful tits thing if you watch the credits they gave that nickname to their art director or something. Its her name and then (Mournful tits McGee) They do it to her in other episodes too.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The mournful tits thing if you watch the credits they gave that nickname to their art director or something. Its her name and then (Mournful tits McGee) They do it to her in other episodes too.

Yeah, this is a thing with Venture Brothers, giving the same person a nickname from the episode (or previous episode).

It happens in every single episode.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yesssssssssss

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    THE VENTURE BROS. SPECIAL-FROM THE LADLE TO THE GRAVE: THE STORY OF SHALLOW GRAVY-See the Venture Family as you've never seen them before: in a 15-minute documentary-style animated special. Follow the meteoric rise, the equally meteoric fall, and the decidedly un-meteor-like second coming of the most important band Hank Venture, Dermott Fitctel and H.E.L.P.eR. robot have ever been in: Shallow Gravy. If you're hungry for rock, then open wide, because here comes a ladle of heavy metal fire and metaphoric meat drippings. Launched on Adult Swim in August 2004, The Venture Bros. is an inspired spoof of 1960s action cartoon shows such as Johnny Quest. Created by Jackson Publick III (King of the Hill, The Tick), the 30-minute animated series follows the bizarre misadventures of the Venture family. The Venture Bros. Special-From the Ladle to the Grave: The Story of Shallow Gravy premieres July 24 on Adult Swim.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    what the hell

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shallow Gravy was astoundingly not-terrible, so I'm actually hells of stoked for this

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anything Venture Bros is news.

ANYTHING

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    stormbringerstormbringer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    "Mournful. She has mournful tits. They're like two suicide notes stuffed in a glitter bra."
    "Those things are like a little kid with progeria, cracking all his ribs trying to catch a Nerf ball."

Gloomy tits.

I wanna build two little caskets and give her tits a tasteful, dignified funeral."

stormbringer on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2-Ton 21 shall forever be my favorite character.

Although, I'll be honest in admitting that Jefferson Twilight, Blackula Hunter is a character that needs more development.

But nothing really compares to the charm, grace and style of Doctor Henry Killinger and his Magic Murder Bag.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    aww man

I really did like "Lip Glossary"

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Why do I not remember anything about this Shallow Gravy

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Why do I not remember anything about this Shallow Gravy
    The name might not ring a bell but they played at the series finale prom. Also there was another episode where helper was a drum machine and nobody could turn him off.

EDIT: I might be mixing up the prom thing but they definetly did a christmas song. That defiently happened.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I still haven't purchased the Season 4 DVDs or listened to the commentary on them.

I was thinking "Hm maybe if I don't spend much money this weekend I'll get them" but then I looked at my bank account and hahahahanskjaghkajgdkjglagfuiey

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    aww man

I really did like "Lip Glossary"

I'm leaning more towards, "Goat Blood Sacrifice".

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    2-Ton 21 shall forever be my favorite character.

Although, I'll be honest in admitting that Jefferson Twilight, Blackula Hunter is a character that needs more development.

But nothing really compares to the charm, grace and style of Doctor Henry Killinger and his Magic Murder Bag.

I would piss off one the kids at my job by doing a Doctor Henry Killinger impression

good lord, she hates it

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is necroposting since these new forums are still mysterious and powerful but this needed a bump:

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/jacket-music-video.html?cid=vplayer_the-venture-bros_jacket-music-video

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    oh right, that aired this week. good shit.

• Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    I just got all four seasons on a whim. I'd seen the show, but it felt like it had that Frisky Dingo vibe where you pretty much have to watch them in order. So by the time I'm done they'll be even more to watch. Good timing whimsical purchase!

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I bought the Blu-Ray of Season 3. I re-watched all of it, but only with the commentary on it.

Entirely worth it.

Also, any time somebody references The Eiger Sanction, I am okay with it. Goddamn that movie has problems.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    When the fuck does this actually come back? I NEED MY FIX, MAN

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    didn't they have something on recently? I feel like I saw commericals