As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    two dudes 1 tentacle? the next internet sensation, i like how om nom sets a good example for the kiddies and eats a tree to go with all that meat candy

farbekrieg on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I knew you were good but damn.

Wheres a link to your site for more things

wakkawa on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I knew you were good but damn.

Wheres a link to your site for more things

She has a blog

Metalbourne on
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sarksus- Fatty putty death seems like a turrible way to die.

Oh thanks! Yeeup definitely a Watts thing I have one more round of figure stuff to take photos of sitting in my buddies car. So next update will probably be a mess of that stuff.

Aim- Hahah well I figured the little skewers would pass through things easier. I had him stabbing through a tank but it was taking too long to render and since I had stuff to still do for work I scrapped it.

Though little forks would be comical as heck I would be tempted to put a moustache on it.

Metalbourne- BRILLIANT. Also I'm glad that read across that way!

Tam- Probably it's kind of a rendered sketch, I got a lot of gods in mind still to sketch up and didn't want to pour my time into one thing I'm probably not going to use and still got a ton of other work to do. But now I feel bad for not treating to them ahaha there kind of like an eyesore now eh? Probably sometime later I'll render them up.

farbekrieg- Got to get your dose of greenes!

Wakkawa- Awwhhrr you make me blush! Truth be told I am in the process of purging a lot of my older stuff the only thing I have with a lot of my older work is my CA thread oh and my facebook too.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    they're not an eyesore by any means, just not quite as good as the rest of it

Tam on
    edited March 2011
    Some thumbnail stuff I did listening to Raphael Lacoste's gnomon DVD.
    prac.jpg
    These are stupidly elaborate for thumbs.

Ikage on
    edited March 2011
    And school stuff, I probably missed a lot and will upload some more sometime later when I go through and cut out all the teachers demos that they did for my in my pads and start a small collection in my anatomy binder (printing out a lot of diagrams so I can study on the go).

Only one of these are a 20 minute lay-in the rest are 5's and 10's.
    85150209.jpg
    13774422.jpg
    96027374.jpg
    59276616.jpg
    39406278.jpg
    95914232.jpg

Ikage on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oof. I am jealous of your figure skills.

Wassermelone on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes-s-s, this is what I want.

It's too bad I live on the opposite side of the country from Watts. I'd take classes there just to draw figure studies with puzzle-butts.

Sarksus on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ikage, I know you're super busy, but any word on the Cainas commission?

Delzhand on
    edited March 2011
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Ikage, I know you're super busy, but any word on the Cainas commission?

Yeauh I'm resketching it, I got halfway through inking touch ups/colouring it and hated it so much. It got really stiff and just not what I was aiming for. Sorry for the long wait on it, I'm going to wrap up this splash page for work and get on it.

Ikage on
    edited September 2011
    Whyyy is everything so brightttt
    squiggle.jpg
    eyesga.jpg
    kittycup.jpg
    tnail.jpg
    ppls.jpg
    lightface.jpg

Collab with my friend Chimmy- http://callmechim.blogspot.com/ still in WIP. He has internet again so were prolly gonna start pchatting again in our spare time. He's a good friend and painting with him has been slowly breaking me of relying on lines.
    And doing collabs like this again-
    sdds23.png
    pugglecolors.jpg
    week_2_cgmw_james_paick_by_ikager-d41dw4h.jpg
    amberjoneswk1ac.jpg
    37214302.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JugKoXlspZ0/TnnQI-XS3tI/AAAAAAAABxQ/U1P1I0JOrSw/s1600/lightingballs.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OQgfvdkkVjk/TnnQI7fhZII/AAAAAAAABxI/gDvdCYpFG9I/s1600/skullies.jpg
    13976804.jpg
    tumblr_lr17qfQGHN1r0v3zro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_lr0iihOTwc1r0v3zro1_1280.jpg

Ikage on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ikkkaaaggee, nice to see you again! Your environments are really improving and becoming more dynamic! I want a book of all your notes.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Ikage! You are back! (?)

Good to see you. This stuff is very nice. Really love those environments.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote:
    I want a book of all your notes.

+1 to this.

Also this is great in so many ways.

kittycup.jpg

I find it so hard to critique your stuff Ikage, because it's so great and I'm so terrible.
    If I had beef, it would be that occasionally your rendering is a little soft, but half the time I don't know if that's just because it's work in progress or not.

edited October 2011
    Thanks a bunch Iruka! Yeah going to keep on classes at CGMW and keep sharpening my environment skills since they are a huge void for me to fill as a weakness. Going to probably do a perspective class next since I have trouble with space in my pictures.

DDV- Thanks a lot I hope to keep pumping stuff out between my jobs!

Mustang- Nah I agree, so going to try work on my planes/hard form more and hopefully start balancing that out plus get a better sense of dynamic form. Right now my form, lighting, soft edges/hard edges and my understanding of torsos ( mostly how everything knits together) are lacking in my general work. And with environments oh maaaan.

tumblrlsgj6u1fro1r0v3zr.jpg
    tumblrlsh2pjhc1t1r0v3zr.jpg
    form92911.jpg
    30 mins
    unled1nr.jpg
    25 mins
    tumblr_lsmm35qYo01r0v3zro1_500.jpg
    2 hr dooodle

Also btw this is a really good issue of American Artist-
    DB1100.jpg
    http://www.interweavestore.com/Art/Magazines/Drawing-The-Complete-Course-2011.html

Reading it has helped me understand a lot more about the drawing progress.

Ikage on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    You.

Amazing.

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    gat damn, dogg

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Aw yeah, nothing like an attractive woman grinding her arts against me ungh

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Nice stuff!

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Hot damn, I don't think I've never been more jealous of arts, than I am right now...looking at those feet sketches. The way you seem to be able to sculpt them outta raw material kinda blows my mind. Man I suck at feet!

Also motherfuckin' KURIBU!!

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    This is all so good! What wonderful talent you have! (:

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Damn I love your lines.

No way I can critique this. If I can find that magazine anywhere in oz, I'll give it a look!

• beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    Ikage, your work is such an inspiration. Do you have all of your notes compiled somewhere? If we had a big thread somewhere of all of them compiled we could link it from tutorials and update the thread as you add more. I'm sure someone here would take them and sort them into their own thread if you don't have the time (I don't either unfortunately, but someone should do this! She only has two threads it won't be hard to find them hint hint someone do this hint)

edited October 2011
    Beaves- Thanks so much means a lot coming from you. Oh yeah! My art grinding blog has all my work except for this recent post because I am so lazy about it sometimes- http://artgrinding.blogspot.com/

I'm kind of using my tumblr as an artdump/tutorial dump so if folks want to see the sources where I'm getting stuff and use it for themselves that would be probably the best- http://amberblade.tumblr.com/
    I actually have two tumblr's and the other is a dump for stuff I might use later for concepts/posting animootions- http://ikager.tumblr.com/

I'll probably be dumping gems like this from the Famous Artist course on there soon.
    1317945043008.jpg

I'll respond to everyone else when I get this Skullgirls task done and upload some more work I got kicking around.

Like for one everyone should be watching this videos- http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

NOW GO DO IT. IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE GOGOGOGOGOGOGO.

Ikage on
  • McDMcD Registered User regular
    Wow... Your work's outstanding! I wish I could offer something more constructive than that... It's seriously inspiring. Those tutorials and notes are really interesting as well, if a compilation does come about as Beav suggests, that'd be wicked!

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    This is great stuff eyecage.

• FiveFive Registered User regular
    You are not only very very skilled but also incredibly patient! I also like your humour. :-)

15849_s.gif
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Also, Skullgirls looks pretty fuckin' rad and I want to buy it with my monies.

edited November 2011
    Thanks everyone!!

And awesome Earth worm Dan! The game is turning out pretty sweet with everyone's insane effort into it. We got an awesome team and it really shows when the girls are on the screen doing their violent business on each other.

Ikage on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Ikage wrote:
    Like for one everyone should be watching this videos- http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

NOW GO DO IT. IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE GOGOGOGOGOGOGO.

Brilliant, I've been looking for a good site like this! And that page too, I know I've been guilty of a couple of those mistakes. Thanks!

• EyecagerEyecager Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whar was I

notes1u.jpg
    studies2b.jpg
    studies3.jpg
    studies1.jpg
    hunds.jpg
    cm_1-1.jpg
    eyestudy.jpg
    spirited_away_comps_by_eyecager-d4ov18p.jpg
    figdraw.jpg
    lady.jpg
    satfigdraw-3.jpg
    draws.jpg
    draw2.jpg
    tumblr_m153uhP3kZ1r0v3zr
    tumblr_m153uhP3kZ1r0v3zr
    chihiro2.jpg
    tumblr_m153e8hZtQ1r0v3zr

Also Watts schedule update- http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9782

Eyecager on
    Way cooler name, thanks guys!
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    (Wo)Man ikage v2.0, you are the inspiringest.

Prospicience on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    i quit

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    But seriously. Looks like you've been working very hard. Congratulations on your success.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Ikage you should teach

I mean dang

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Ikage, I am so glad to see you post here again. I am in awe of your talents and abilities and very inspired.

• KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    an entire page full of badass, solid art. Your drawings make me want to draw.

sweet Jesus holy nuts
    the breadth and depth of your skill is terrifying