Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dragon Age Thread - Own DA2? Want a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on PC? Check the OP!

1246762

Posts

  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    that is a pretty good idea

    party terminals are not nearly frequent enough

    there should be one everywhere

    Per3th.jpg
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Speaking of bugs I got hit a couple times with the (by now) standard Bioware Cutscene Head Wonkiness Bug(tm). In more than a couple conversations, Varric's head would start to jitter and bounce around, like it couldn't figure out where to focus. By the end of the cutscene his face would be kind of be facing off some random direction while vibrating furiously. Didn't do anything quite so dramatic as fly off into the camera, but it did look like he drank way too much lyrium-laced coffee.

  • BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Speaking of bugs I got hit a couple times with the (by now) standard Bioware Cutscene Head Wonkiness Bug(tm). In more than a couple conversations, Varric's head would start to jitter and bounce around, like it couldn't figure out where to focus. By the end of the cutscene his face would be kind of be facing off some random direction while vibrating furiously. Didn't do anything quite so dramatic as fly off into the camera, but it did look like he drank way too much lyrium-laced coffee.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDanX-beShQ

    ? <img class=" title=":lol:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

  • envoy1envoy1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really wish I didnt have to play with Anders, but if you play on hard and you are not a mage you've got to have the healing. Dammit Merril why couldn't you have the heal tree!


    This, so much. I hate having to mod a game just to be able to play without anders. damnit! Why do I have to
    Spoiler:

    steam_sig.png
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    Yeah, that always confused me. In the mage origin there's that one senior enchanter that they said his family was coming to take away or something like that.

    camo_sig2.png
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    It's as Anders said, "They'll throw you in jail if you even so much as ask about your child!" Bad things happen to mages who try to contact their families, and visa-versa.

    Terumibanner.png?t=1392999791
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've finally found some free time to play Dragon Age II, and it has been awesome so far. Just completed Act I after about 30 hours and I'm having a blast. I really enjoyed DA:O and Awakenings, but it took me forever to finish them. This game is really drawing me in, and I think Bioware changed every single annoyance I had with the first game.

    One question: are romances exclusive? Like, if I start a romance with Isabela, does that prevent a future romance with Merril? Does one need to be started before the other? I think my FemHawke would like to do everyone.

    Diablo 3 Profile: Sneakman #1625
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sneakman wrote: »
    I've finally found some free time to play Dragon Age II, and it has been awesome so far. Just completed Act I after about 30 hours and I'm having a blast. I really enjoyed DA:O and Awakenings, but it took me forever to finish them. This game is really drawing me in, and I think Bioware changed every single annoyance I had with the first game.

    One question: are romances exclusive? Like, if I start a romance with Isabela, does that prevent a future romance with Merril? Does one need to be started before the other? I think my FemHawke would like to do everyone.

    You can start a romance with Isabela or Fenris largely commitment free in act 2 and starting their romances and having sex with them doesn't cut you off from anything. But not breaking the romance off after having sex with Anders or Merrill will make them exclusive, as they move into your house if you choose to continue it.

    wAgWt.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So apparently I did get the Isabela bug...I just didn't notice it because you know playing two-handed warrior it isn't hard to boost your attack speed up to stupid levels.

    I think I'll wait for a patch before finishing my second playthrough. I'm already in Act 2 but I was planning on using Isabela as one of my mainstays for this run so I don't want to get hit by that.

  • BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, what sustains should I actually be using as a warrior tank? It seems I have a choice of Shield wall, Bravery/Battle Synergy and Turn the Blade/Elemental Aegis, and that's without Aveline's sustains I modded in. I have pretty much no stamina with even 2 of those on.

    And which sustain is better for threat generation; the Bravery upgrade (+50% threat gen per enemy) or the the Battle Synergy one (50% threat transfer from party).

  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    You can start a romance with Isabela or Fenris largely commitment free in act 2 and starting their romances and having sex with them doesn't cut you off from anything. But not breaking the romance off after having sex with Anders or Merrill will make them exclusive, as they move into your house if you choose to continue it.

    Thank you Pancake, this really helps.

    Diablo 3 Profile: Sneakman #1625
  • ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So apparently I did get the Isabela bug...I just didn't notice it because you know playing two-handed warrior it isn't hard to boost your attack speed up to stupid levels.

    I think I'll wait for a patch before finishing my second playthrough. I'm already in Act 2 but I was planning on using Isabela as one of my mainstays for this run so I don't want to get hit by that.

    My first play was with a mage and I told Isabela to shove it... so she really didn't get a chance to do much damage. I had her icon even after she left (which struck me as odd) but apparently it hadn't stacked enough for me to really notice a difference.

    My second, with an archer... damn. It stacked ridiculously in a short period of time. One moment I'm fine, and the next I was at -55% attack speed. Thankfully I have a saved game editor, but I can't imagine what that'd be like on a console. It would have killed my will to play the game.

    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    steam_sig.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970 | Let's Play Avadon 2!
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    It's as Anders said, "They'll throw you in jail if you even so much as ask about your child!" Bad things happen to mages who try to contact their families, and visa-versa.

    That seems kinda stupid of the Templars/Chantry. How many mages would be fine staying in the Circle if they could see their families or spouses every once in a while. Why completely isolate them from family like that? It really doesn't make any sense.

  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anders Act 2 quest.
    Spoiler:

  • PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Even with Goad and Armistice, Varric is constantly getting bent over in combat.

    Did you guys pump his Con up at all in your playthroughs? I find he's my best damage but gets wailed on repeatedly, and dies quite often as a result. (He's some kind of Revenant & Assassin magnet)

  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    It's as Anders said, "They'll throw you in jail if you even so much as ask about your child!" Bad things happen to mages who try to contact their families, and visa-versa.

    That seems kinda stupid of the Templars/Chantry. How many mages would be fine staying in the Circle if they could see their families or spouses every once in a while. Why completely isolate them from family like that? It really doesn't make any sense.
    Since they try to get them as kids, most of them probably don't have spouses. And their kids are taken away

    camo_sig2.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    You laugh, but he's right. BioWare games are full of terrible gay stereotypes, probably in service to the white heterosexual male gamer, which was, in turn, not catered to because Isabela is too "exotic."

    wAgWt.jpg
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    It's as Anders said, "They'll throw you in jail if you even so much as ask about your child!" Bad things happen to mages who try to contact their families, and visa-versa.

    That seems kinda stupid of the Templars/Chantry. How many mages would be fine staying in the Circle if they could see their families or spouses every once in a while. Why completely isolate them from family like that? It really doesn't make any sense.
    Since they try to get them as kids, most of them probably don't have spouses. And their kids are taken away

    Well when I said spouse I was thinking of the Elf Mage in the On the Loose quest. Apostates who are captured might have wives/husbands. And why not let siblings or parents visit or something. It still doesn't make much sense to me to isolate them from their family. How many mages attempt to escape so they can see family? I can think of a few just in DA2.

  • ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    One thing I kinda wish the game had is after the Deep Roads.
    Spoiler:

    Once you join the Circle, you're not really allowed to see your family anymore.

    It's as Anders said, "They'll throw you in jail if you even so much as ask about your child!" Bad things happen to mages who try to contact their families, and visa-versa.

    I'm not sure I really understand the "no family" rule for Circle Mages. It seems pretty damned easy to stop by the Gallows in Kirkwall or drop by the Templar's base and say "yo, what's up?" Mages are also sent outside the Circle often enough. Do they mean to say there's a rule against stopping in on family in between Circle business?

    "Hey, I'm after some Maleficar next door... but I thought I'd just say hi, mom."

    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Priest wrote: »
    Even with Goad and Armistice, Varric is constantly getting bent over in combat.

    Did you guys pump his Con up at all in your playthroughs? I find he's my best damage but gets wailed on repeatedly, and dies quite often as a result. (He's some kind of Revenant & Assassin magnet)

    I don't think I ever raised Varric's con above 15 or so.

    If he's getting attacked you're probably not managing threat well.

    That being said...I remember hearing somewhere that Goad and Armistice are borked on consoles.

    So if you're playing on one that might be your problem.

  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uh guys, I think you forgot that Bethany was sent to the
    Spoiler:

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uh guys, I think you forgot that Bethany was sent to the
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Per3th.jpg
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    Uh guys, I think you forgot that Bethany was sent to the
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’


    You laugh, but he's right. BioWare games are full of terrible gay stereotypes, probably in service to the white heterosexual male gamer, which was, in turn, not catered to because Isabela is too "exotic."

    Isabela is pretty exotic.

    I mean, she only has 2 breasts, and she doesn't have a tail or cat ears even.

    How is a normal gamer supposed to get turned on by that?

  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’


    The world is made of malcontents who will find any reason to bitch about anything.

  • CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've made it though the first act with all three class now and I think I've decided to go with a mage for the rest of my first plaything. Rogue's are definitely the most improved character this time around, but IMHO warriors deserve to get a serious makeover for the next game. Playing on the 360 the increased speed of combat and the need to "button mash" would be fine if the warrior's attacks had more "impact" as it is even when swinging a 2-hander the basic attacks feel like the auto-attacks of a MMORPG with the blade just "whiffing" though enemies until they are pecked down. Still overall loving the game even if it feels a little rough around the edges from the short dev cycle. At the end of the day though I''m willing to accept cut and paste environments if it means an annual release.


    A few question about rune mechanics I wanted to get a verification on - do runes on weapons only effect the "basic attack" of the weapon, or will for example a "+5 to fire" damage on a staff increase the damage of your mage's fireball as well? And if I have a Staff that does Ice damage and add a +5 fire rune does it now do Fire and Ice damage with its basic attack or is the bonus only on attacks that already did fire damage?


    Thanks in advance for any replies

    jpg.jpg
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've made it though the first act with all three class now and I think I've decided to go with a mage for the rest of my first plaything. Rogue's are definitely the most improved character this time around, but IMHO warriors deserve to get a serious makeover for the next game. Playing on the 360 the increased speed of combat and the need to "button mash" would be fine if the warrior's attacks had more "impact" as it is even when swinging a 2-hander the basic attacks feel like the auto-attacks of a MMORPG with the blade just "whiffing" though enemies until they are pecked down. Still overall loving the game even if it feels a little rough around the edges from the short dev cycle. At the end of the day though I''m willing to accept cut and paste environments if it means an annual release.


    A few question about rune mechanics I wanted to get a verification on - do runes on weapons only effect the "basic attack" of the weapon, or will for example a "+5 to fire" damage on a staff increase the damage of your mage's fireball as well? And if I have a Staff that does Ice damage and add a +5 fire rune does it now do Fire and Ice damage with its basic attack or is the bonus only on attacks that already did fire damage?


    Thanks in advance for any replies

    I would give the Warrior another chance. Get them a decent weapon and use Cleave every time it's up, and you'll be exploding dudes everywhere. Easily the class with the most combat impact. Not to say Mage and Rogue aren't great as well, though. :)

    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • spencermmspencermm Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    It's worth noting that what he's bitching about happens exactly once, with Anders, who has a binary view of the world. It stands to reason that if you rebuff his advances, he'd take it as an insult. Also, choosing a response marked as flirting, in that situation, doesn't force you into a relationship with him.

    But remember: if you don't like someone, complain until they get fired or jailed.

    Dartboy wrote: »
    Mages wear robes because the Strength requirement means they're too wussy to lift that oh-so-heavy armor, and the cunning requirement means they can't handle all the belts of rogue armor. Whereas the willpower requirement for robes means they can deal with the ridicule of wearing something so silly looking in public.
  • spencermmspencermm Registered User
    edited March 2011
    I've made it though the first act with all three class now and I think I've decided to go with a mage for the rest of my first plaything. Rogue's are definitely the most improved character this time around, but IMHO warriors deserve to get a serious makeover for the next game. Playing on the 360 the increased speed of combat and the need to "button mash" would be fine if the warrior's attacks had more "impact" as it is even when swinging a 2-hander the basic attacks feel like the auto-attacks of a MMORPG with the blade just "whiffing" though enemies until they are pecked down. Still overall loving the game even if it feels a little rough around the edges from the short dev cycle. At the end of the day though I''m willing to accept cut and paste environments if it means an annual release.


    A few question about rune mechanics I wanted to get a verification on - do runes on weapons only effect the "basic attack" of the weapon, or will for example a "+5 to fire" damage on a staff increase the damage of your mage's fireball as well? And if I have a Staff that does Ice damage and add a +5 fire rune does it now do Fire and Ice damage with its basic attack or is the bonus only on attacks that already did fire damage?


    Thanks in advance for any replies

    Not 100% sure, but I think a "+5 fire damage" rune will add +5 damage to a basic attack, and rogue/warrior talents, but not spells. But adding that +5 fire rune to a staff that does ice damage will still give you the staff's ice damage, plus the 5 fire damage. Again, I'm guessing, based largely on my memory of Origins, so I could be full of it.

    I feel like warriors are the least improved of the classes, and I think that hurts them. But they're better at what they were supposed to do from the start, which is control the battlefield and to damage to groups of people. I prefer rogue, since it fits my personality, and I've found that a well-built rogue makes warriors unnecessary. I'm working on a warrior playthrough right now, it's the last of the three; I'm enjoying it a lot, it's satisfying to swing that ridiculous greatsword around and fling corpses (and pieces of corpses) through the air.

    Dartboy wrote: »
    Mages wear robes because the Strength requirement means they're too wussy to lift that oh-so-heavy armor, and the cunning requirement means they can't handle all the belts of rogue armor. Whereas the willpower requirement for robes means they can deal with the ridicule of wearing something so silly looking in public.
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    spencermm wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    It's worth noting that what he's bitching about happens exactly once, with Anders, who has a binary view of the world. It stands to reason that if you rebuff his advances, he'd take it as an insult. Also, choosing a response marked as flirting, in that situation, doesn't force you into a relationship with him.

    But remember: if you don't like someone, complain until they get fired or jailed.

    I think he's being completely reasonable. Can you imagine a gay man making a pass at you in a videogame? Especially if you're gay and/or not gay?

    wAgWt.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Please tell me that petition isn't getting many signatures.
    Pancake wrote: »
    I think he's being completely reasonable. Can you imagine a gay man making a pass at you in a videogame? Especially if you're gay and/or not gay?
    How so? He is literally saying that a character reacting poorly to rejection is a stereotype of homosexuals.

    E: does anyone even know which character or characters he's referring to, and when this happens? I'm a male and neither Anders nor Fenris has made a pass at me yet.

    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Like, 150 or so. So not really, no. But still sadly too many for them all to be joke signatures.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970 | Let's Play Avadon 2!
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    Please tell me that petition isn't getting many signatures.
    Pancake wrote: »
    I think he's being completely reasonable. Can you imagine a gay man making a pass at you in a videogame? Especially if you're gay and/or not gay?
    How so? He is literally saying that a character reacting poorly to rejection is a stereotype of homosexuals.

    E: does anyone even know which character or characters he's referring to, and when this happens? I'm a male and neither Anders nor Fenris has made a pass at me yet.

    Pancake.

    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Damnit. In my haste, I didn't notice.

    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • PWN_JuiCe_SuCKaPWN_JuiCe_SuCKa Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    You laugh, but he's right. BioWare games are full of terrible gay stereotypes, probably in service to the white heterosexual male gamer, which was, in turn, not catered to because Isabela is too "exotic."


    wait the white male gamer doesn´t like exotic women? wait....what? I don´t even think this is a real stereotype you must just have some kind of strange angst with white male gamers.


    As for the gay thing the gay relationships are treated the same as the female ones. I reject a woman in the game it gives me rivalry points too. Does this show that women are unable to be normal people and think about nothing but sex? Nope it doesn´t. So all I can say to that guy is Welcome to Equality.

  • spencermmspencermm Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Pancake wrote: »
    spencermm wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahaha oh my god
    ‘As a homosexual playing Dragon Age 2, I’ve witnessed the worst stereotype homosexual characters in this game. If you refused to make your moves on a gay character then you are received rivalry points for not wanting to be gay for the character.

    This is completely wrong, homosexuals do not approach people and force them to kiss us, the person that wrote this game should be fired for stereotyping homosexuals in such a disrespectful way, as well as creating the worst writing in characters, plot and everything else in DA2.

    It felt very odd that my male companions kept making passes at me, when I never found any interest or even flirted with them. This sort of thing shows that gays are unable to be normal people and think nothing about sex. This is the type of garbage that has people believe that gays shouldn’t serve in the military. We are human beings that are the same as everyone else!

    Please sign this petition if you wish that Dragon Age senior writer David Gaider should be fired.’

    It's worth noting that what he's bitching about happens exactly once, with Anders, who has a binary view of the world. It stands to reason that if you rebuff his advances, he'd take it as an insult. Also, choosing a response marked as flirting, in that situation, doesn't force you into a relationship with him.

    But remember: if you don't like someone, complain until they get fired or jailed.

    I think he's being completely reasonable. Can you imagine a gay man making a pass at you in a videogame? Especially if you're gay and/or not gay?

    I'm not really sure what you're asking. I can absolutely imagine a gay man making a pass at me in a videogame, just like I can imagine a gay man making a pass at me in real life. Because both things have happened. It's noteworthy, because it doesn't happen a lot, but it's not strange or weird to me. It's just part of life. I just think the guy is being overly sensitive, and to think that David Gaider should be fired because this guy doesn't like something that can easily be explained by the nature of the character in question is ridiculous.

    To quote the game itself, "some people go out of their way to be offended."

    Dartboy wrote: »
    Mages wear robes because the Strength requirement means they're too wussy to lift that oh-so-heavy armor, and the cunning requirement means they can't handle all the belts of rogue armor. Whereas the willpower requirement for robes means they can deal with the ridicule of wearing something so silly looking in public.
This discussion has been closed.