As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saints Row: The Third - Awesome Button, Autotune Pimp, Mocap'd Sombreros!

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    G for Geriatric

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OH GOD I WANT MIME GANG

All thats left is for them to have a giant wooden cthulhu mime god.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fuck Mime gang I want Barbershop Quartet gang!

MechMantis on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    G for Geriatric
    FD5CA04CD878FA8076D2B3DC76E349DCC82076B3

Yeah. It's too good.

The skateboards rule too. Old people. On skateboards. Doing crime.

Drake on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd have some screenshots from my latest escapades in SR2, but steam was being dumb, and I wasn't able to upload them and now they're gone.

Anyway. It was the exploits of Caleb, the immortal zombie cowboy from the FPS "Blood" absolutely DESTROYING a gang of Asian bikers with naught but his trusty guns akimbo double barreled shotguns, a tommygun (Okay. a gun LIKE a tommygun, but it counts) and a rocket launcher.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why are you doing this?

Why are you doing this?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I know what these are and I don't want to see them again.. Like I told Idol I cannot even imagine the horror of that in motion.. The stills are bad enough. :(

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Why are you doing this?

Why are you doing this?

I didn't mean for this to happen! D:

I just wanted to breathe life into my creation! D:

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This is what science has given us. Who are we to tread on God's domain.

Look at these DEMONS we have brought into this world with OUR OWN HANDS.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    This is what science has given us. Who are we to tread on God's domain.

Look at these DEMONS we have brought into this world with OUR OWN HANDS.

Well you never know... one person's demons are another person masturbation material.

On a noncreepy note I've been playing around with an ATV that is fully customized and man what I would do for a mod that made the hydraulics super powerful. Could get some crazy speed racer style jumping cars if they had some more power to them.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am so excited for SR: The Third. Everything I see about this game gets me more and more excited. I am going to have to moderate this excitement somehow, but I doubt that is even possible after auto tune pimp, luchadore wrestling gang, skydiving tanks, etc.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I worry that the 'drive a tiger around' activity might end up replacing the 'drive a hooker around' activity. I know people weren't that big a fan of it, on the whole, but I kind of liked all the random comments the hookers and their clients made.

Well, and the racing around Stillwater while breaking through press baricades thing. I liked that bit too.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's ok, you can drive IdolNinja around, he'll be your hooker. I will make lewd comments from outside the car, before shooting you with a nuclear flamingo.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't intend to get this game for my ancient PC. So that may throw something of a wrench into that plan.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Heretic.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't intend to get this game for my ancient PC. So that may throw something of a wrench into that plan.

If any of the console players want to post or PM me their GT, I'd be glad to put them in the OP so you guys can coordinate some coop with SR2 (and eventually SR3.) :)

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some days all of the help that you've selflessly given to other aspiring modders comes to fruition.

NOTE:
    Contains spoilers for late Ronin arc if you haven't played it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsfOdvSM00

Watch the video first before looking at the spoiler. :D
    givingback.jpg

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good thing I finished up the Ronin today.

And that was amazing.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Probably will be another island city just because it looks a lot less stupid than an invisible wall Might be able to pull it off with mountains on one or two sides instead of water I guess.

Mountains, or some kind of barricade the military puts up when they hear that The Boss is on the mainland.

yalborap on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yalborap wrote: »
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Probably will be another island city just because it looks a lot less stupid than an invisible wall Might be able to pull it off with mountains on one or two sides instead of water I guess.

Mountains, or some kind of barricade the military puts up when they hear that The Boss is on the mainland.

Barricades only work in games where you can't fly though - I guess they could put a military base on one side or something and just SAM your ass out of the sky if you try to fly over it.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was just going through the cinematics with the replay feature, and Saints Row 2 is so much more than just a silly game.

The writing is great, dialogue all fits, voices are perfect. More importantly, it's a great action movie, crime movie, drama and thriller. The cut scenes have better choreographing than most actual movies, the characters are all likable in this world they inhabit (or unlikable, as they may need to be, like Shogo), the aesthetics and visual design are all spot on. Most importantly, the customization of my character allowed me to get into it like no other game, strangely the most immersive experience I've had in gaming, I "am" my character.

If Saints Row 3 can up the crazy and all of that, without losing the simple, but great features like cut scene replay, I am going to flood every Volition developers' e-mail accounts with messages of an inappropriate nature.

Seriously, just watch the Ronin cut scenes for some absurdly cool stuff.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Klash wrote: »
    If Saints Row 3 can up the crazy and all of that, without losing the simple, but great features like cut scene replay, I am going to flood every Volition developers' e-mail accounts with messages of an inappropriate nature.

i will do whatever you want and i am being deadly serious

i will do incredible things to you or those you specifically designate

there is a heaven for penises and i will take you there

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Some days all of the help that you've selflessly given to other aspiring modders comes to fruition.

NOTE:
    Contains spoilers for late Ronin arc if you haven't played it yet:
    Well, there goes Gat's last shred of humanity.
    Because he goes from 'No violence at my girlfriend's funeral' to 'Yay! Violence at my girlfriend's funeral!'

Well, that's how I interpreted it, anyway.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So anything I should know before I give Gentlemen of the Row a go? Will it fuck up my saves?

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just use a different save slot, just in case. You should be a-ok.

Just remember that if you cheat and then save, it flags your save for cheating, and will "infect" others if you co-op with them, which some people don't like.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was just going through the cinematics with the replay feature, and Saints Row 2 is so much more than just a silly game.

The writing is great, dialogue all fits, voices are perfect. More importantly, it's a great action movie, crime movie, drama and thriller. The cut scenes have better choreographing than most actual movies, the characters are all likable in this world they inhabit (or unlikable, as they may need to be, like Shogo), the aesthetics and visual design are all spot on. Most importantly, the customization of my character allowed me to get into it like no other game, strangely the most immersive experience I've had in gaming, I "am" my character.

Plus Yuri Lowenthal

All games should have him voicing a character.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The writing is great, dialogue all fits, voices are perfect.
    So much this, it was probably the most surprising thing about the game. Sure it's no The Longest Journey or The Darkness, but it's still better written than most games out there. And that one Brotherhood mission was just sad :(

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    So anything I should know before I give Gentlemen of the Row a go? Will it fuck up my saves?

I would recommend starting a new game with it. I think you'll miss out on the new unlockables otherwise. Either way, it's not like having to play more SR2 is a bad thing.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Plus Yuri Lowenthal

All games should have him voicing a character.

My mind still blows every time I hear Johnny Gat talk and know in my head that it's Jin from 'Lost'.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mr Ray wrote: »

I would recommend starting a new game with it. I think you'll miss out on the new unlockables otherwise. Either way, it's not like having to play more SR2 is a bad thing.

Yeah, the mod is built to work with a new save. All the new stuff are actually unlockables that happen throughout the course of the game. Also, definitely start with the latest v1.9 beta 10b instead of v1.8. You'll miss a couple of things otherwise.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy cow...
    What have I done...
    60E76867F397A29CDEDD65A28E6038B8A8217CC8
    Healed nicely? Good.
    E75805512723CD74965BC7AF5F8E0BF047DDB533
    OMG GOOD I CAN'T UNSEE!!!!
    39A0E4AEC9BE679232D3FDE51FF1934CE12EC8CF
    Too fat for clothes!

someone please quote me so that pics appear.

Dang Idol, the possibilities are... Endless.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Holy cow...
    What have I done...
    Healed nicely? Good.
    Too fat for clothes!

Did someone request a quotation?

Drake on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, drake
    How did you like Orange-utang?

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know how you made that lovely creature, but I expect it was during a fever dream.

5 "My eyes!" out of 5.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You are the worst human being.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, drake
    How did you like Orange-utang?

Truly horrible.

An abomination.

Also, I think I saw the real life Ms. Pugs today. I wish I had a camera with me.

Drake on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    Holy cow...
    What have I done...
    Healed nicely? Good.
    Too fat for clothes!

Did someone request a quotation?

I hope that plastic surgeon got fired!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Am I the only one who tries to make at LEAST semi-decent looking human beings in the character creator?

Granted, I'm using Caleb, who is an immortal zombie cowboy, but he at least LOOKS normal.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.