As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Out EVERYWHERE now! Friend Code extravaganza top of page one.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am having way more fun with this system than I expected to. The AR games, Lego Star Wars, Nintendogs, it's all awesome.

FC is 0645-5757-1012 everyone add me so we can be buds

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I picked up my system this morning, played with it for 20 minutes, and then I had to go to work. This had been the longest work day of my life.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    After letting my son dabble with the system for a bit, I got to sink my teeth into it. The AR games are really fucking great - there's some rough edges, but holy shit I hope there's more of this type of stuff in store for us.

And Pilotwings is surprisingly fun. I'm glad I grabbed it on a whim (needed something that my son could reasonably pick up and play).

I might go pick up Street Fighter and Shadow Wars at TRU this week just so I can have a little extra to mess with on our trip to Chicago next week.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Had to take my first 3DS back for a replacement. Had a big smudge on the screen during any camera mode.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    143999 wrote: »
    Jishian wrote: »
    Sony really nailed it with the foresight to ensure their PSP softcase would fit the 3DS snugly. Best case ever for DS Lite, DSi, and now 3DS!

Which case would this be?

The one the first PSP launched with.
    pouch_and_wrist.jpg

Or if you're especially awesome, I also use this one:
    Prinny_PSP_Pouch-01.jpg

Jishian on
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just ordered mine from Bestbuy.com with in store pickup, along with Ghost Recon, SF4 and Nintendogs for my girlfriend. I'll post my friend code later.

nusu on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I guess I missed the AR games shop because I quit fishing partway through the first time around.
    I caught a dragon!

The free fishing game has way more stuff than I would have expected from a built-in game. And fish aren't everything you can catch. For fun stuff, try putting the AR card on red, green and blue surfaces. I don't know if it reacts to any other colors, but it didn't seem to react to yellow.

Peewi on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sony really nailed it with the foresight to ensure their PSP softcase would fit the 3DS snugly. Best case ever for DS Lite, DSi, and now 3DS!

Which case would this be?

The one the first PSP launched with.
    pouch_and_wrist.jpg

Or if you're especially awesome, I also use this one:
    Prinny_PSP_Pouch-01.jpg

Oh, that doesn't look very play-in at all. Oh well.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ]
    MarioG: 0860-3240-2604
    The Mantiz: 2878 - 9572 - 9277
    Rhesus Positive: 3523 - 2023 - 9826
    Peewi: 3480 - 2527 - 9521
    Zoidberg: 1375 - 7188 - 8825
    SurferRosa: 2449-4619-8069
    Jave: 2105-8646-1262
    Fiji: 0387-8776-3145
    ziggymon: 2406-5114-3745
    Mostlyjoe: 1246-8711-3126
    Damagemanual: 0301-9784-2762
    Draysoth:2320-6133-3744 I think I show up as dan

added everyone listed besides myself. This is way more impressive than I expected - the sf4 character intro movies are very sharp. I can't wait to see Netflix!

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yes I want to netflix on this bitch

Also add me PLZ THNKU!! I'm adding everyone above right now.

1719 3175 9934

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    Street Fighter is pretty sweet! The Circle pad works nicely. The temptation to spam fireballs with the touchscreen tends to just gets you killed.

I tried to play SF4 with the circle pad, but I can't do it at all. I do pretty well with the d-pad, though.

I could do okay with the circle pad, but once I began with the Dpad, the gloves were off, and everything clicked.
    Haikira wrote: »
    While this is essentially a question about the DS, I figure I'll get the best results asking here. Plus i will be playing this on the 3DS, so that does sort of count.

If i had to only pick one of the Castlevania titles, for the DS. What would it be?

My favorite is Portrait of Ruin, but that was more or less my real introduction to that style of Castlevania.

Okay, so here's the big question for everyone who has said they aren't interested right now, at least not for that price: how much would you pay?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yes I want to netflix on this bitch

Also add me PLZ THNKU!! I'm adding everyone above right now.

1719 3175 9934
    Added Adam - everyone filling in has sf4 as their fav game. Not surprised!

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not sure if I'm just dumb, but how do I save progress in the AR games?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    EeveelutionEeveelution Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got mine.... and it is awesome... so happy.. but I miss my cobalt blue dsi already.

Eeveelution on
    PS3 Tag: cryptzicle Cryptzicle the DK
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Walked in and grabbed a Black 3ds at gamestop with no trouble, still unsure if I just can't see the 3d or if I am indifferent to it, I assume I can't see it. Either way nice piece of hardware. :)

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tried taking some 3D pictures but I'm not seeing much/any pop to them really. Another weird thing is that I cant update the firmware I keep getting errors before it finishes. This happen to anyone else?

Also, thanks Dray.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    WalrusesInMyKitchenWalrusesInMyKitchen Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I managed to grab mine today, and I've gotta say that I'm incredibly impressed. Admittedly, the Best Buy demo didn't do much for me. It sort of gave me a headache, and it felt rather difficult to really 'focus' on what was happening on the top screen.

I'm not entirely what changed, but I'm finding it significantly easier to enjoy the 3D now. I've been playing Street Fighter IV for the last couple of hours, and it almost seems like there are little action figures punching the crap out of each other within the screen. It's incredible.

I also ended up picking up Rayman, and I'm enjoying the 3D on there too. The port is only so-so in my opinion, the frame rate being a whole lot choppier than it should (not to mention the audio keeps on glitching out) but I'm enjoying it.

Anyways, TL;Dr...

A $250 well spent. I haven't tried the AR yet, but I have a feeling my head will implode.

WalrusesInMyKitchen on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I managed to grab mine today, and I've gotta say that I'm incredibly impressed. Admittedly, the Best Buy demo didn't do much for me. It sort of gave me a headache, and it felt rather difficult to really 'focus' on what was happening on the top screen.

I'm not entirely what changed, but I'm finding it significantly easier to enjoy the 3D now. I've been playing Street Fighter IV for the last couple of hours, and it almost seems like there are little action figures punching the crap out of each other within the screen. It's incredible.

I seemed to have a small headache and focusing problems when I first started, but it quickly went away.

Once it did I found myself forgetting about it and flinching on occasion when something seemed to come right at me in Rayman. Very impressed with the 3D so far.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tried taking some 3D pictures but I'm not seeing much/any pop to them really. Another weird thing is that I cant update the firmware I keep getting errors before it finishes. This happen to anyone else?

Also, thanks Dray.

You can manually adjust the 'distance' between the two displayed images. Looks wierd and not right at first, but your eyes adjust.

Also, to me it seems that it works a lot better if you have a lot of depth to the picture. A picture of a room rather than a close up of an item on a table.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Face Raiders is fun when you use pictures of celebrities

playing it against Norm MacDonald is amazing

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Face Raiders is fun when you use pictures of celebrities

playing it against Norm MacDonald is amazing

I played it against my dog. It was fantastic.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    These people aren't in SirUltimos's web thingy:

MarioG: 0860-3240-2604
    Rhesus Positive: 3523 - 2023 - 9826
    SurferRosa: 2449-4619-8069
    Jave: 2105-8646-1262
    Fiji: 0387-8776-3145
    Damagemanual: 0301-9784-2762
    Draysoth:2320-6133-3744
    earthwormadam 1719 3175 9934

I'm going to start adding a bunch of people now.
    My FC is 3952 7010 1022

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Any place to get good mii QR codes yet?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Who wants to add me?

4854-6434-9883

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just added everyone on the sirultimos.com list, and added you spaniard...

my friend code is 5198-2406-2406-0943 for anyone that wants it.

Just played pilotwings for the last few hours, having a blast but am finding it difficult resisting the urge to tilt the DS slightly as I fly around, which generally breaks the 3d effect and sends me flying past whatever balloon/marker/thing i was aiming for.

Photon on
    PSN: photon_86
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So hey, is the hinge supposed to be kinda noticeably loose?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jintor wrote: »
    I thought you were having a schizophrenic moment there. If I turn my head sideways and cross my eyes do your avatars become 3D? :P

I like the cradle for ease of just dropping it on my nightstand at bedtime rather than fiddling with wires. Will probably need to get a second cable for in-flight charging though.

You get a cradle and a wire adapter, iirc (don't have the packaging on me right now)

My point was the cradle is powered by the same wire that you can plug directly into your system and you only get one of them.

The DSI cable works, and you can get them cheap from amazon (~$5-7) I have a spare that I'll keep in my pull n go pack, and the other is plugged into the cradle.
    Is anyone else getting marks on the top screen after having the system closed? They seem to be from the raised edges around the bottom screen. They're easily wiped off, but it's a little annoying.

Yep, and it is annoying... it's from the ridge around the lower screen.

MarioG, Ruins, Jave, DamageManual, earthwormadam, Zerokku and people of the Master List, you have been added.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Someone(with a Japanese 3DS) said his top screen got scratched eventually.

'tis why I have screen protectors.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just picked it up. My most anticipated game to play: Combat of 3D Dinosaurs. Anyone play it? It's probably going to suck, but it hella reminds me of Primal Rage (which also was terrible).

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Does the friends list really stay in the order you add people? That seems kind of annoying...

Photon on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Photon wrote: »
    Does the friends list really stay in the order you add people? That seems kind of annoying...

Yeah, seems like it. I hope they update it to put online people first.

At this rate I'll have filled my friends list in a week.

Peewi on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys need to be adding yourselves to the roster site! Can we put the link at the top of the OP instead of down below? I'm going to add myself now, and I'll add everyone that I can to my list - add me, and PM me if you don't see that I've added you!

5412-9894-7537

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Samurai Warriors is blowing my mind in awesomeness. I'm so happy I got a 3DS.

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I know that mine is looser then I expected, but having never owned a DS I have no idea how loose it should be :)

CrewMember169 on
  • Options
    weeskweeweeskwee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

wuh... really?

weeskwee on
    Nintendo Network ID: weeskwee
    XBL Gamertag: weeskwee
    PSN: weeskwee
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got home with mine, and so far, this thing's pretty awesome. I haven't really tried any games yet other than the AR Games and Pilotwings, but I'm actually really impressed with what AR Games is doing. The whole 3D on your desk part is neat enough, but the way it's got game elements spaced around in 3D, so you actually have to move around to get everything is really cool.

And this is a minor quibble, but one thing that's bugging me about the design of the system is that the top lid is marginally wider than the bottom. It's not enough extra space to be due to increased room for electronics, so it's got to just be for aesthetic reasons, but it totally ruins the nice, smooth block look that the DSLite and DSi had going on.

Also, is there some way to import Miis from the Wii? It's gonna be kind of annoying to remake things from scratch.

Yeah, I noticed this too. It doesn't seem like it's broken or anything, since it stays in place well enough, but there is a noticeable amount of jiggle to it.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have added everyone on Sir Ultimos' site.

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, seems like it. I hope they update it to put online people first.

At this rate I'll have filled my friends list in a week.
    That would be ideal, Having it grouped by online/offline and sorted into alphabetical order would make more sense to me

Photon on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    weeskwee wrote: »

wuh... really?

I like Samurai Warriors too.

But I'm also Asian. And there's a huge difference between Asian review scores and Western review scores.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    beanobeano Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I noticed that as well. The upper screen seems to be a bit heavier than the upper screen of the DS.

beano on
This discussion has been closed.