As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

emergency [chat]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I managed to find sake in the shop.

Does anyone know how I warm it?

Don't

Okay...so should I drink it with ice or without?

no ice

what sort of sake is it?

....normal sake!

then it should be drunk at room temperature or slightly chilled

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    and off to sail like a privileged white guy.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2011
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    How's the job hunt going, Will?

not great. i'm sure something will come up tho.

Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

I seriously dont honestly know.

WMain00 on
    edited April 2011

What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

No name!

Also another day, another day of indecision as to what to do.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

WMain00: I can't read Japanese!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited April 2011
    god i am so tired

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got a spray for my itchy foot. Hope it works!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    gonna make buffalo style shake & bake chicken for dinner tonight

also steam some broccoli, maybe toss it with oyster sauce

goin kind of down-market tonight

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

doragon sake: rice wine.

WMain00 on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This spray has transmuted into powder upon my foot.

Witchcraft!

RMS Oceanic on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow, I had no idea how massive a t-bone steak is.

Also, Suckerpunch was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Haphazard on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

No name!

Go dump 1k on a PS3, Rock Band 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of DLC and play online with me in about 2 hours.

Obvsies

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011

Poragon Sake is produced from the finest selected rice and it is traditionally drunk warm. Doragon Sake is also an adventurous alternative to white wine or as a base for exotic cocktails. It can be enjoyed chilled or over ice. The perfect accompaniment for sushi, shellfish and seafood.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

No name!

Go dump 1k on a PS3, Rock Band 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of DLC and play online with me in about 2 hours.

Obvsies

I don't *have* 1k.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011

Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

we don't really do a very good job of running our country

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh, well in that case just add "Spend some time behind Olive Garden" in the front

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011
    you shouldn't drink sake over ice that would be gauche

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2011

Poragon Sake is produced from the finest selected rice and it is traditionally drunk warm. Doragon Sake is also an adventurous alternative to white wine or as a base for exotic cocktails. It can be enjoyed chilled or over ice. The perfect accompaniment for sushi, shellfish and seafood.

I can read the back too!

WMain00 on
    edited April 2011

I can read the back too!

:P

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited April 2011

Oh, I asked my mom about this shortly after posting my disgust and apparently we do the same thing here. Unemployment is proportional to previous salary. Ugh.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited April 2011
    fuck it i'm taking a nap

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011

they don't have french in japan, eldrendil

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    fuck it i'm taking a nap

Have a nice nap.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bit embarrassed about this but..does anyone know of a really good guide explaining subnets and ip addresses and what their bit values etc mean

I am doing ace on my Network+ studies but when it comes to these binary questions associated with ip's and subnets I am like wtf math?

I'm a sysadmin and I don't have access to the routers so it's not like it's expected as my job duties but it's still embarrassing to admit.

Ludious on
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »

steaks aren't really a common way of serving meat in europe, are they?

i rather enjoyed suckerpunch. i feel like the really negative reviews were pushing back really hard against something that the movie really wasn't centrally about - the "girls with guns" thing was, to me, a more of a female-oriented power fantasy than male-oriented sexual exploitation. also, the cinematography and framing was dynamic and riveting.

the movie was not perfect. i do feel like some of the more interesting ideas in the plot were not conveyed all that well in the narrative, though. maybe it was a matter of poor editing. also, the characters were mostly pretty undeveloped and not particularly sympathetic for the most part.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    will, did you ever play MNC

I can't remember

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011

Oh, I asked my mom about this shortly after posting my disgust and apparently we do the same thing here. Unemployment is proportional to previous salary. Ugh.

well, that part makes some sense to me, since you're paying more into unemployment insurance via taxes while working, and presumably the expenses you're responsible for are going to scale with your salary. our system caps at a pretty low level of income though.

i'm pretty sure that in canada, though, if you're on unemployment and take work for less than your current benefit, you are still eligible for at least some of your benefit.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    will, did you ever play MNC

I can't remember

yeah

didn't really like it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

What is the word I need to use it.

It is fitta.

But it is quite rude!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2011
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

It is fitta.

But it is quite rude!

Muahaha...

I love insulting people in ways they do not understand.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

they don't have french in japan, eldrendil

Randomly inserting French into regular conversation is tres pretentious

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011

It is fitta.

But it is quite rude!

Muahaha...

I love insulting people in ways they do not understand.

It's why I know how to insult people in a Somali dialect I don't even know the name of.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited April 2011

I can read the back too!

:P

;-)

WMain00 on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I didn't know porygon was a sake

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    flicka

fitta

getting the two mixed up would be a faux pas

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »

steaks aren't really a common way of serving meat in europe, are they?

i rather enjoyed suckerpunch. i feel like the really negative reviews were pushing back really hard against something that the movie really wasn't centrally about - the "girls with guns" thing was, to me, a more of a female-oriented power fantasy than male-oriented sexual exploitation. also, the cinematography and framing was dynamic and riveting.

the movie was not perfect. i do feel like some of the more interesting ideas in the plot were not conveyed all that well in the narrative, though. maybe it was a matter of poor editing. also, the characters were mostly pretty undeveloped and not particularly sympathetic for the most part.

You can probably get steak at nearly every restaurant down here. Nothing fancy, that's what steakhouses are for (or American themed restaurants, like the one I went to - no, I don't miss Boston, why do you ask? :P).

Suckerpunch works quite well when you watch it as an allegory to the current state of cinema in Hollywood. If it was meant that way, it's even brilliant, if not it's still a nice way to waste some time.

Haphazard on
    edited April 2011
    actually

isn't there a car called the Fitta?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.