As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What I hope for PAX this year...

arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR CommanderRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in PAX Archive
I hope that Blizzard will be there since I am a huge WoW fan!
I also hope that Cookie Brigade can raise even more money than years before!

What is everyone else hoping for PAX this year?

I should go.
534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
arwen_doll16_LOTR on

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1. Blizzcon bro, they're less enthusiastic to showcase at PAX now that they got their own thing to bring in even MOAR cash... They CAN put like a demo in another close partner's booth, like they did with Intel last year... and maybe they'll make a shocking return, who knows?

2. Amen to that!

3. EVERYTHING!!! And the usual PAX things...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm hoping The Protomen play this year. I just recently became a fan and I've only been to like two concerts in my life, both for country bands at our crappy county fair.
    I need to see them live.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1. Blizzcon bro, they're less enthusiastic to showcase at PAX now that they got their own thing to bring in even MOAR cash... They CAN put like a demo in another close partner's booth, like they did with Intel last year... and maybe they'll make a shocking return, who knows?

2. Amen to that!

3. EVERYTHING!!! And the usual PAX things...

I know all about Blizzcon. I tried getting tickets the last few years but said screw it and started just going to PAX. They do show up at other conventions and I have heard rumor that they were at PAX every year until last year but that was cause of Cata and how close PAX was to Blizzcon

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Fengie The NinjaFengie The Ninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I'm hoping The Protomen play this year. I just recently became a fan and I've only been to like two concerts in my life, both for country bands at our crappy county fair.
    I need to see them live.

^ This. I missed them last year and regretted it, though a friend and I did into them on the elevator. >.>

Overall I hope to make it any/all of the concerts this year. I brought my kid to PAX PRIME last year and didn't take into account parents need naps too!

Fengie The Ninja on
  • DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I need to see them live.

I really hope they're coming too. I screwed up last year and wasn't able to see them.

Dopeski on
  • Game Show ManGame Show Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope that I will meet lots of new friends.
    I hope that I play lots of new games, video and tabletop.
    I hope that I will enjoy lots of good food and drink.
    I hope that I will make tons of wonderful memories, enough to make me want to come back.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    captvangin@aol.com
    gameshowman@gmail.com

Game Show Man on
    "Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    captvangin@aol.com
    www.facebook.com/GameShowMan

"Go get my space-battlecruiser. I wanna go blow some shizznit up."
  • _Cowsvils__Cowsvils_ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope that I'll make it to just one concert this time, seeing as my previous plans were thwarted because of a variety of complications.

_Cowsvils_ on
  • Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I MUST make it to the keynote and Q&A Friday morning. This is my third year of PAX and I have yet to attend one. My first year I went straight from BYOC to the expo hall (falsely thinking the expo hall was the most important thing at PAX) and last year I spent a little too much time setting up in BYOC and ended up getting to Benaroya right as the line got cut off :(

I would also like to spend more time in tabletop. I've never really played any tabletop games until last PAX when I decided to sit at a table in the Munchkin area and I loved it. I want to learn more games and use the time while I have it because I don't know anyone in my area that plays tabletop.

Cerrato0426 on
  • ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope to play a new tabletop. We played Starcraft for about 4 hours and it was great. Have been playing new card games since...Killer Bunnies and Munchkin in particular.

I hope to drink an appropriate amount of alcohol. Last year, I started, but it didn't sit right with what I ate and didn't feel well, or drunk even, after only a couple drinks. Booooo, I just wanted to get a little loose, is that so much to ask?

I hope my first year of cosplay is a success.

I hope to play kung fu for the first time.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am hopeful that after last year they will sell less tickets. Not that I dont want more people, its that its getting very over crowded and with that many people it gets less personal.

Yes I liked they expanded the tabletop areas but in doing so they increased capacity, every years it gets easier to see that there are more and more people only there for the videogame booths

AverageToaster on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm hoping to host a game of D&D this year. I was going to do it at PAX East, but I really couldn't crow bar any time in. I was also not really prepared anyway as I had failed to make an dungeon crawl or even some pre-made characters. So I shall be doing that at Prime for sure.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• AprecheApreche Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope that PAX adds something new while keeping all the old goodness. After 5 PAXes in a row, it would be nice to mix it up a little bit.

Apreche on
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I'm hoping to host a game of D&D this year. I was going to do it at PAX East, but I really couldn't crow bar any time in. I was also not really prepared anyway as I had failed to make an dungeon crawl or even some pre-made characters. So I shall be doing that at Prime for sure.
    We do a fun and more imaginative D&D once a week with legos. I'm not sure we would have time but if you do intend to host one, I will notify my group.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just hope Slytherin brings their A game again. Other than that, I will enjoy all of the unexpected surprises that is PAX.

redhalo on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope that all my friends who *say* they're coming this year actually do...

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I hope that my time management is better so that I can attend all the panels I want to, and worry about the expo hall later.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    kropotkin wrote: »
    We do a fun and more imaginative D&D once a week with legos. I'm not sure we would have time but if you do intend to host one, I will notify my group.

I hope you guys keep the forums, or me, updated on D&D plans. A friend and I have never had the opportunity to play and would like to.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • TiffTiff Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Rumor has it, there is a guy there that is selling an UnOpened "Mike Tyson's Punch Out!" I want it. Can't wait for it.

Tiff on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Knowing what a used/vintage game store is going to have in stock at PAX 6 months from now is impossible. Rumors are just that, rumors.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope to meet a lot more cool people and to find an elusive chipwich to satisfy my dessert needs.

burnttoast45 on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope to meet a lot more cool people and to find an elusive chipwich to satisfy my dessert needs.

There was a bakery at Faneuil Hall Marketplace that had them. Holy hell they were sweet though.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • NewSinNewSin Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Hrmm, I hope I get in on the GW2 Discussion, I would like to meet some new people, I want to get a good buzz going on at one of the after parties!, I want my first time at PAX to an amazing adventure! :)

NewSin on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Decius wrote: »

There was a bakery at Faneuil Hall Marketplace that had them. Holy hell they were sweet though.

Those were not proper Chipwiches. They were good but not quite proper. Needed to have ice cream to be a proper Chipwich.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope I get a pony.

AltDelete on
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AltDelete wrote: »
    I hope I get a pony.

.....haha.....

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope Someone will let me share an hotel room and I can make some new friends.

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • ChrisManjiChrisManji Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    I'm coming all the way from the UK with my fiancee, so I just hope that PAX is as awesome as I've been led to believe it usually is!

...also that Powerglove play, since I'm never going to get a chance to see them in England and I'd like to gloat to my friends here!

ChrisManji on
    edited April 2011
    Trust me there will be lots to gloat to your friends about! This is my fifth year and each year it is bigger and better and more to do.

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgaineMorgaine Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm hoping that

1. The increase in friend attendance (from 4 to a potential 9) won't cause too many issues.

2. VGO comes to PAX prime

3. I'll be able to assist the cookie brigade by eating as many cookies as possible. =P

Morgaine on
    edited April 2011
    This my second year with cookie brigade (fifth year at PAX Prime) and it is a very great program that feeds the masses and our fans are very generous to the Child's Play donations. I hope you enjoy that aspect of PAX community. I will have a bigger group (15) this year to help me pass out cookies for the first day but that will be as much as my back can held. I donated 22 lbs of cookies to PAX East and I at least double that for Prime since I drive to it. As I said it is one more great way to get involved with Child's Play and meet your fellow PAXers! I'm very excited about all of the new games, people, cookies, and Cosplay (our group has a larger Cosplaying abilities), YAY!

I'm also waiting on google mapping from where everyone is traveling from. It is really neat and this year my group wants to see if anyone if coming from the East side of Washington (we are from Spokane). Fun pre and post PAX meet ups maybe!

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Morgaine wrote: »
    I'm hoping that

1. The increase in friend attendance (from 4 to a potential 9) won't cause too many issues.

2. VGO comes to PAX prime

3. I'll be able to assist the cookie brigade by eating as many cookies as possible. =P

I second and third that motion! BRING VGO TO PRIME!!!

my hopes are to finally tabletop this year, do the BYOC, and not be hungover on four loco my first day lol

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What I hope for?

The new Nintendo console, of course!

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    redhalo wrote: »
    I just hope Slytherin brings their A game again. Other than that, I will enjoy all of the unexpected surprises that is PAX.

Soo....you're telling everyone to throw down $100+ no questions asked....okay. Willing to do it again. ...And this time! This time I am getting my Button darn it!! >.<!!!

Anywho!

I hope for world piece....of pie. Not apple pie. Maybe lemon meringue.

And to spend time in the table-top area. I want to actual play D&D instead of playing solo adventures.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope Ill met cool new people and make connections
    I hope Ill see cool computer stuff
    I hope Ill see cool new games
    I hope we have a good halo armor turnout
    I hope I get a new set of armor done in time (probably not :( .)
    I hope they have a hardstyle rave (probably not xD)

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • AnorornAnororn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Let's see...

I hope that rampant disease spread doesn't happen, or, failing that, that I don't get sick.
    I hope to spend more time in the tabletop area.
    I hope to actually understand the lyrics at the concerts this year. (The Protomen were fine, but I couldn't understand a single thing they said!)
    I hope that the swag is as good as ever. (The big thing last year was apparently bags, since 4-5 booths were giving them out)
    I hope to enjoy PAX so much that I can't wait for the one. (That's an easy one)

Anororn on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blizzard was noticebly absent last year. I'd like to see Wizkids too, but they only attend a few shows a year.

Anyways, 343 Studio has already announced the 10th Anniversary celebration of the Halo franchise and I'm stoked for that. I hope they have something new to show us this year.

Clix on
  • spozgarspozgar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ah to hopes and dreams of many, but what I would truly hope for is Terrorwerks to be at PAX this year.

I can't make it to GenCon or Origins, but PAX could be my saving grace. I want to put down some alien scum with 6mm justice.

spozgar on
    Furry Death On 4 Stumpy Feet
  • ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope for Tecmo Koei to actually go, because I love their Musou games way more than I should.

I also hope for time to go by very slowly during PAX, so it doesn't feel like it is over as quickly!

(Alas, neither is likely to happen.)

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • VinterVinter Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope to meet some awesome people and make some new friends
    I hope to have a blast, ive wanted to go to PAX for years and this is my first time!

Vinter on
    The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.

Xbox GT: Master Vinter Steam: Vinter PSN: VinterM 3DS: 4699-5853-7381
  • CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vinter wrote: »
    I hope to meet some awesome people and make some new friends
    I hope to have a blast, ive wanted to go to PAX for years and this is my first time!

Pretty much what you said fits me perfectly.

Also to add:

I hope to bring home bags full of free swag and merch.
    I hope to get some numbers.
    I hope to hug my favorite game developers and fellow community members.

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!