As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saturday night /dance

MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey everyone,

As an instigator in Saturday night's /dance, I've been actively trying to find videos, photos, and participants. I was the girl in the pink wig who started in the Team Rocket costume and ended in the Slowbro bro shirt. While I know there were at least over 100 people recording us have the time of our lives (seriously, it was epic), I've only found two videos, and one participant outside of my group. If you attended, know someone who attended, or have any records of the epicness that was /dance, please post!

Also, who were the enforcers? I want to give them a huge thank you!

Maiu on

• SpyPoetSpyPoet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, that was you! Hey, I'm SpyPoet, you may have heard me called 'Feferi' or 'Shawnda' over the course of the night. I was the chubby short-haired red head in the black shirt and jean shorts.

So, uh, here's a rather interesting list of my friends that was here:
    Kuraiou
    Octopimp
    idiocentricGossamer
    Laurel
    Natalie
    Alex
    Trevor
    ledundead
    Lcheeseboy
    guilelessBatterwitch(i think)
    Zuki
    paterHippocampus

As far as the Enforcers go, I think it was said that Arco or Rusco was there; the other ones I saw around were Scoots(Handheld Lounge manager), BigRed(BYOC/PC security manager). Zuki and I were both Enforcers as well, just off-shift.

SpyPoet on
    PAX Prime 2011 Details
    [ ] Transport Brought GAAAAH
    [X] Ticket Brought Enforcer.
    [ ] Hotel Paid For This may be where I get screwed.
    [ ] Cosplay ask nabs/notaboyscout >:3
  • Obsequious EyeObsequious Eye Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I was the guy in the Ezio costume there (actual name: Austin). Unfortunately, so far I haven't run across any pictures or videos aside from the ones on the facebook group.

Obsequious Eye on
  • MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome, yay, thank you!

My bf, demoman, and a couple friends and I were about to go to the tabletop room, when we saw just a couple dudes doing some wow dancing to love shack. We only went over to dance like our toons, and next thing I knew I was like 3, 4 hours later and I was sweating to death in my wig. It was a blast!

Maiu on
  • pocketcookiespocketcookies Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I stumbled across /dance a few songs before we all moved to the larger area. It was the best time I've ever had. I hope you start it again at the next PAX.

pocketcookies on
  • SpyPoetSpyPoet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, some additions:

Radiation
    orbitalBatman
    Shaon
    Nadia
    Mia(I think)
    Dave

... jeeze, I know there were more. think think think.

SpyPoet on
    PAX Prime 2011 Details
    [ ] Transport Brought GAAAAH
    [X] Ticket Brought Enforcer.
    [ ] Hotel Paid For This may be where I get screwed.
    [ ] Cosplay ask nabs/notaboyscout >:3
    edited March 2011
    I remember feeling so bummed that I hadn't gone out on Friday night, but that totally made up for it! Thanks for the continuing list!

Maiu on
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had a thread akin to this one typed out a while ago but I forgot I had the tab open and closed everything.

I was the guy in the RHPS shirt. (And the speed stick- it's not expensive.)

Allow me to also reiterate my thanks to everyone who showed up again. As I said at the end of the night, I went to East last year and Metroid Metal actually called out the crowd for not rocking out. I tried to get a dance group together for Prime but no one was interested in that either. /dance made my PAX and I've tried to stop grinning ever since. :D

<Omicron-8643> on
  • KazillKazill Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I'm Alex, aka the British Kid, aka that guy who really couldn't dance at all. I was in a Keep Calm And Carry On shirt.

Thanks to everyone for perhaps the most kickass part of the whole convention.

Kazill on
  • LcheeseboyLcheeseboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kazill wrote: »
    that guy who really couldn't dance at all.

LIES!

Anyway, I'm Liam; I was the guy in the Code Monkey shirt. Everyone there was awesome, and I hope to see most of you again next year!

Has the facebook group been linked yet?

Lcheeseboy on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm sad I missed it :(

I was taking an epic nap at the Westin ;___;

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • VideoGameStupidVideoGameStupid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got at least two videos of when we were in the smaller hallway and i also recieved some photos that i will include in the Day 2 PAX video in the near future. Other than that i didn't get any footage of when we went to the huge room/hallway.

VideoGameStupid on
  • ShaonShaon Commissar Ketchupface floridaRegistered User new member
    edited March 2011
    As mentioned earlier, I showed up to /dance, though I mostly hung out and watched everyone rather than participated. My friend Solatrus also appeared towards the end. I was the blonde girl wearing the green jacket, and he was wearing an off-white legend of zelda shirt I think?

Shaon on
  • CoxyCoxy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hello! I, uh, came in for the last hour or two? The group was out by the shuttles entrance by then. I'm regretting that I left right as things were wrapping up, I was trying to ensure I got on a shuttle with my tired friend-who-did-not-participate and only after did I hear there were group photos and info exchanging!

Wasn't wearing anything too special; a Hat and a For the Horde shirt!

Coxy on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This was so friggin awesome. I think that once people started seeing people dancing in cosplay, they knew that it wasn't taken seriously. I was the Demoman.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
    edited March 2011
    This was so friggin awesome. I think that once people started seeing people dancing in cosplay, they knew that it wasn't taken seriously. I was the Demoman.

You sir are my hero. "Best cosplay to dance in" award.

Kazill on
  • StraderStrader Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got a video of you guys singing and dancing "Don't stop beleving" but only the end of it.
    I will upload it here once i get home.

Im so glad i witnessed that, for me you guys represented perfectly the spirit of PAX.

Strader on
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strader wrote: »

Im so glad i witnessed that, for me you guys represented perfectly the spirit of PAX.

<3
    That means a lot. :) Thank you!

<Omicron-8643> on
  • plainoldconnorplainoldconnor Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I was there! It was the highlight of my time at PAX East, and that's saying a lot! I was walking around with a limp for a week after, but it was sooooo worth it! I was there in God Tier John Egbert cosplay (from MSPaintAdventures / Homestuck), if you're not familiar, it was blue sweatpants, a blue shirt with a wavy pattern, and hipster glasses. I'm on the list at the beginning as "OrbitalBatman", which is my moniker on another forum.

I loved all the dancing you guys did! willmannyeatthat, you are my hero. You have forever changed how I see the red demoman. <3

I would love to see this made into an official event, or at least get together a meetup so this will happen again next year. Next time, I'll bring some better dancing shoes. :P

plainoldconnor on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kazill wrote: »

You sir are my hero. "Best cosplay to dance in" award.

Your complements are appreciated. Next time I'm bring a CD so the DJ can have more music. I wanted to dance to "Apache". He was lacking in a few tracks and started to repeat songs later in the night. Not that I cared, I danced SO hard. No offense to the DJ, you were awesome.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Like I posted on the FB group, I came across this as the last song was playing (Closing Time). It pretty much made my night. I was exhausted and heading home even though i didn't want to. Seeing everyone dancing and just enjoying themselves picked me completely up. It really made my night and put a perfect cap to my individual PAX East experience. (I brought my 7 yr old son on Sunday)

I definitely agree that this needs to have a forum thread next year in preparation for PAX East 2012 so all interested people know when and where.

BCBarney on
    edited March 2011
    There it is uploaded it to youtube

Sorry for the delay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr9P5ebZyn0

Strader on
  • TdarTURboTdarTURbo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did this dance take place around the Handheld freeplay?

TdarTURbo on
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got a little video and then one group pic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_N6jrGwqI

Scoots on
  • PengKuiWeiPengKuiWei Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So was this something planned, or it just happened? I would have loved to go....

PengKuiWei on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PengKuiWei wrote: »
    So was this something planned, or it just happened? I would have loved to go....

Usually results from sleep deprivation and boredom :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited March 2011
    i think it just happened, i was walking to go get the hotel shuttle and there they were singing and dancing in the hall that was awsome.

Strader on
    edited March 2011

It was completely unplanned. The music had been going for a while, but no one was doing anything, so two enforcers were doing different wow dances. My bf, best friend, and awesome new PAX friend ran over to also do wow dances, so they put on more music and we were having fun. Next thing we knew, more and more people were coming and dancing. I think it really helped that we were cosplaying, because nothing is sillier than Team Rocket and Demoman flailing wildly to music to get nerds in the mood to rock out. The chicken dance was what got a ton of people in. In a few of the videos uploaded, people looked like they wanted to join in, but were too shy. It's a shame, because that was what made PAX the greatest con I've ever attended.

Maiu on
    edited March 2011
    Maiu wrote: »

It was completely unplanned. The music had been going for a while, but no one was doing anything, so two enforcers were doing different wow dances. My bf, best friend, and awesome new PAX friend ran over to also do wow dances, so they put on more music and we were having fun. Next thing we knew, more and more people were coming and dancing. I think it really helped that we were cosplaying, because nothing is sillier than Team Rocket and Demoman flailing wildly to music to get nerds in the mood to rock out. The chicken dance was what got a ton of people in. In a few of the videos uploaded, people looked like they wanted to join in, but were too shy. It's a shame, because that was what made PAX the greatest con I've ever attended.

One of the mobs that came early on was a bunch of the MSPA kids. We were gonna have a dance party, and we noticed the /dance on the way to our meeting place, so we all migrated over right before the chicken dance.

I have to say, it just shows how great the convention is, in that a bunch of people can just have a totally absurd dance party out of nowhere.

Kazill on
  • hayabusahayabusa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I came upon the dance after exiting the screening of "King of Chinatown" - just watching you guys dance also made up for the fact that I did not go out on Friday night either. Friday night was just an unreal night considering I was exhausted and taking in what was happening in Japan.

I remember just standing there and watching in astonishment.

Maiu (or anyone else who could help), there was this one song that everyone was dancing to, it sounded like a kids song, but Maiu began flicking her wrist at each individual dancer and each one then collapsed to the floor one by one. I thought it was hilarious! I remember asking someone standing next to me what the song was, and it may have been from a game - not sure though. The same guy said you were moving around the different parts of the convention hall - was that true? :lol:

I regret not joining in on the dance, but i did not want to leave my bag unattended where it could have gotten swiped. You guys were the best, and it just goes to show the impromptu power of PAX!

hayabusa on
  • LcheeseboyLcheeseboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hayabusa wrote: »
    Maiu (or anyone else who could help), there was this one song that everyone was dancing to, it sounded like a kids song, but Maiu began flicking her wrist at each individual dancer and each one then collapsed to the floor one by one. I thought it was hilarious!

Was it Still Alive? There was a lot of collapsing at the end of that one!
    Still Alive /dance
    The same guy said you were moving around the different parts of the convention hall - was that true? :lol:
    Not exactly :P We moved to the open area in the video when we got too many people to fit in the hallway we started in, and we were there for the rest of the night.

Lcheeseboy on
  • AprecheApreche Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PAX needs an official rave with real DJs and such. If anime cons have it, PAX can have it.

Apreche on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    PAX has concerts and Jamspace. I don't think there's enough space to put more musical events into PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• XerlithXerlith Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I passed by the /dance on my way to the handheld lounge (where I spent most of Saturday) and listened to a few songs (which were almost all great), but didn't join in (because I don't dance). I know a friend of mine was there, though. She goes as AsianKnight on here, I think. She was dressed as Silver, if I'm remembering correctly.

Xerlith on
    You vant to cross, maybe?
    SoulSilver: 5200 4466 6956
    Black: 1721 2788 2039
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: Passes Purchased [X] Passes Received [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel Reservation [X]
    edited April 2011
    Lcheeseboy wrote: »
    Maiu (or anyone else who could help), there was this one song that everyone was dancing to, it sounded like a kids song, but Maiu began flicking her wrist at each individual dancer and each one then collapsed to the floor one by one. I thought it was hilarious!

Was it Still Alive? There was a lot of collapsing at the end of that one!

Yes! That was it! Thanks for posting the video, I was probably standing to the right of the person that was taking the video you posted - that was so cool to re-watch that moment. I really wish I could have joined in with that group but I was so exhausted at that point. People got so much into the dancing of that song that cash fell out of the pocket of one guy onto the floor and I had to run up and tell him!

Don't stop the dancing and bring it back for the next PAX! Thanks for posting the video :P

hayabusa on
  • VideoGameStupidVideoGameStupid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [/QUOTE]
    People got so much into the dancing of that song that cash fell out of the pocket of one guy onto the floor and I had to run up and tell him!

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, i remember that! Thank you very much for telling me i had dropped my money. Without it i would've not been able to go on the Taxi. Dancing for 2-3 hours can do that to you though.

VideoGameStupid on
    edited April 2011
    Doing an interpretive dance for GlaDOS was so much fun. I was absolutely dead on Sunday, but it was so worth it. When I saw someone had recorded it, I was so giddy, I couldn't stop squeeing. Thank you!

Maiu on
    edited April 2011

Oh yes, i remember that! Thank you very much for telling me i had dropped my money. Without it i would've not been able to go on the Taxi. Dancing for 2-3 hours can do that to you though.

Hey it's no problem and I'm glad you were able to get a taxi. Funny thing is I remember catching one or two other people dropping their cash in the BCC and alerting them to it. Like you said, there's so much to do and see at PAX that one can find themselves exhausted in no time. :rotate:

hayabusa on
This discussion has been closed.