As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

get a job filling daric's holes (DOUBLE ENTENDRE) [JOB THREAD] {BRACKETS}

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Usagi wrote: »
    In hindsight that's probably not Mom Advice

Maybe more Obscene Older Friend Advice

Whatever, just do it

yeah, what she said

or what i said already too

redfenix on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need to increase my contribution to be honest.

I want to try and get it up to 12%

Blake T on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My retirement plan is Campion buying a bucket and me living in that bucket and then dying in that bucket

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aw man. The power is out here. Totally missed the end of the last thread. Jesus Christ.

p.s. Posting from Android is like a hundred times easier than posting from an iphone.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    Just saw someone catch a lift from the ground floor to the first floor.

My unfavorite is the worryingly obese dude who takes the warehouse electric cart the 300 yards from his chair to the lunch truck and back

Usagi on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my retirement plan is first getting a job that i can keep for more than like four months

and then paying down my literally ~100k in debt or whatever
    then uh, saving some?

redfenix on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Koshian, you live at the university you go to right?

When I lived in College Station I got a job with a screenprinter that did these big tent sales where they sold a bunch of shirts. The first few times I did it, I just folded shirts while people shopped but after that they let me be a cashier. Then I moved up to head cashier and they were paying me $9 an hour under the table and they let me pick my own hours and stuff (I chose to work 25 hours a week with them, it was great.)

Try to do something like that. A lot of the companies that use student workers for stuff normally do it to fulfill hours for the students' fraternity/sororities so they don't pay most of them. The ones they do pay, they usually do it under the table.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    redfenix wrote: »
    My job just starting making double my contributions to my tiaa-cref account

But I'm like yo guys I'm like 6 years old I don't even want a goddamn ira

First world probleming this bitch so hard

match the full amount to what they will

you'll thank me in 50 years

but not really cause we'll all be living in rubble then

Yeah I am they are fucking suckers if they think I'm not milking that shit for all it's worth

it's just hard to shake the feeling that I am going to die when I'm 40 and I sure could use that couple hundred bucks a month right now, these ladyboy hookers ain't gonna pay for themselves

and thanks for the disgusting advice too usagi

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One thing that really sucked about being unemployed for 6 months is that I had to clear out the IRA I'd rolled over from my 401(k) when I left my old job. Granted, there wasn't much cash in there to begin with because I was dumb, but I'm basically starting over from ground zero and I'm almost 30.

Soo, that part kind of sucked. But the part where I have a job is pretty okay! Also I had almost no income last year in the US, so I ended up not having to pay any tax on it. In fact, somehow I am getting $150 back from the gubmint despite only having like $800 in taxable income not counting the IRA withdrawl.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No problem, it's how I do

Usagi on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hey kochi can we institute a two-person 'bring your karl to work day'

no
    because I dont understand what you mean by a two person day

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

My unfavorite is the worryingly obese dude who takes the warehouse electric cart the 300 yards from his chair to the lunch truck and back

That at the very least saves time (for what I don't know). These lifts are slow. I could reach the first floor and come back down before the elavator reaches the first floor.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Koshian isn't getting a job and getting paid under the table and not paying any taxes is in direct conflict with your political idealologies?

Blake T on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My retirement plan is

-Campion buying a bucket

and

-me living in that bucket

and

-then dying in that bucket

alg_bucket-list.jpg

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »

no

well i want to be the only karl involved

and someone has to bring me to work

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Koshian isn't getting a job and getting paid under the table and not paying any taxes is in direct conflict with your political idealologies?

I don't care whose property values she ruins in Canada.

Also holy shit this server is busy thing is annoying.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

That at the very least saves time (for what I don't know). These lifts are slow. I could reach the first floor and come back down before the elavator reaches the first floor.

I try to race people in elevators whenever I think it's feasible, to subtly rub it into people's faces what fat shitheads they are being

This results in me leaping like a madman down four flights of stairs at 8 am to beat an elevator car but whatever at least I don't got man tits

sorry

lifts

YoSoyTheWalrus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

no

but I dont know any other karls

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    pssst: bring a menscholotl too they aren't people!

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    if its a lil menscholotl i can fit it in my tank with my axolotl probably

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    mensch do you get my picture

do you

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's the teeniest menscholotl but she'll have to know the gender of your axolotl before moving in because she doesn't want to make her boyfriendlotl jealous

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    get it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I try to race people in elevators whenever I think it's feasible, to subtly rub it into people's faces what fat shitheads they are being

This results in me leaping like a madman down four flights of stairs at 8 am to beat an elevator car but whatever at least I don't got man tits

sorry

lifts
    Man, the only reason I don't walk up the stairs is that it is hot in that stairwell and I do not like sitting at my desk covered in sweat.

Plus I am on the third floor which I feel is the limit of, I can catch an elavator and not feel bad about it.

I usually walk down them though.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm super bad with movies but retiring as a Morgan Freeman would be really cool...

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's the teeniest menscholotl but she'll have to know the gender of your axolotl before moving in because she doesn't want to make her boyfriendlotl jealous

you can't sex them till they're way bigger than my lil lotl

but I dont want you sexing my lotl anyways O<

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

That's right, I went there

A months-old obscure forum meme

Suck it

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kochi can you tell us what game you are working on or is it super hush hush?

Or like you don't even know yet.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Blake I was not calling you a fatty

I was calling the woman with back-tits at my work a fatty

YoSoyTheWalrus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i COULD tell you blake
    but im being coy

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well to be fair to her it sounds like if you both raced down the stairs she'd lose anyway so there isn't much point for her to race you anyway.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i COULD tell you blake
    but im being coy
    This is code for working on something embarrassing.

Wizards of Waverly Place the game I'll bet.

Blake T on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011

no

but I dont know any other karls

oh ok then

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I would totally play a Wizards of Waverly Place game.

I worked yesterday morning and then one of the other servers asked if I wanted to come back and eat with her after work. We got calamari, alligator, shrimp and crawfish fondue, and Lump Crab Spinach dip. She got a cup of shrimp and oyster gumbo and I got a cup of crab bisque.

I love my job.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Koshian wrote: »

not at all. if you don't understand why the left wouldn't have extreme sympathy for undocumented workers and the like, well uh

also i very for real believe that either negative income tax or a GBI is incredibly necessary, so

Comparing yourself to an undocumented worker is frankly disgusting.

They work for cash because they are unable to get the required legal paperwork.

You just can't he bothered getting it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    how likely is it that its an under the table job? (because either me or karen need one, because work permits take forever to approve)

This is what you said.

Not I cannot get one. That they took a while.

Either you did tell the truth then or you lied before. It is unfair to jump at me when your story keeps changing.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    But blake, paperwork is hard

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how likely is it that its an under the table job? (because either me or karen need one, because work permits take forever to approve)

This is what you said.

Not I cannot get one. That they took a while.

Either you did tell the truth then or you lied before. It is unfair to jump at me when your story keeps changing.

Yes because she is a transperson, and so the paperwork takes an inordinate time to get through

And since she does not have a work permit, she needs to find an under the table job while the machinations machinate

Because at least one of them needs a job so that they can afford to not die!

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ya seriously bureaucracy is fucked up enough as it is

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    most people think about those things before they move to a different country

natek on
This discussion has been closed.