As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, fuck you guys for making me want to pull the trigger on a PS3 DJ Hero 2 set. I'm just gonna wanna get DJ Hero 1, and Borderlands GOTY, and Majin, and...

As I've said before, don't need a second turntable, so I'm waiting for a decent deal on just the DJH2 disc.

And buy Borderlands, I bought it Saturday and it is freakin' awesome if you're into the Diablo-style "always gotta find a better weapon" gameplay.

Plus I need a co-op buddy.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    BABIES! Ohmygosh look at that one! Aww!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, fuck you guys for making me want to pull the trigger on a PS3 DJ Hero 2 set. I'm just gonna wanna get DJ Hero 1, and Borderlands GOTY, and Majin, and...

As I've said before, don't need a second turntable, so I'm waiting for a decent deal on just the DJH2 disc.

And buy Borderlands, I bought it Saturday and it is freakin' awesome if you're into the Diablo-style "always gotta find a better weapon" gameplay.

Plus I need a co-op buddy.

Well it'd be for PS3, so I doubt there's as much of a community there than on Xbox. And besides, I already played a bit of Borderlands on the PC. Not sure if it's really my style of game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tikhon wrote: »
    It's only a partial bankruptcy or something like that. Only some of the stores are closing. Kind of like Blockbuster. I don't hold out much hope for either one coming back stronger anytime soon though.

I was always more of a Barnes and Noble person anyway.

Where I'm at, every single Blockbuster within twenty miles has closed/is closing. This is in central FL. In practice, there are no Blockbusters left for me to frequent.

It shouldn't matter too much, since I'm on Netflix, but sending that one dvd and waiting for the next is painful. They really need to push to have their entire selection available to stream. And taking things down on a monthly basis doesn't really help that at all.

Sorry, off-topic. Ahem. I still need to get Rock Band 3. Any deals on that any of you are aware of? :)

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Try the current Best Buy one.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It shouldn't matter too much, since I'm on Netflix, but sending that one dvd and waiting for the next is painful. They really need to push to have their entire selection available to stream. And taking things down on a monthly basis doesn't really help that at all.

My co-worker keeps arguing that netflix has to take things down because of space issues. I keep re-iterating that if that's the primary problem, I'll buy and ship them a terabyte hard-drive with instructions to store my favorite shows on it.

Tamin on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's only a partial bankruptcy or something like that. Only some of the stores are closing. Kind of like Blockbuster. I don't hold out much hope for either one coming back stronger anytime soon though.

Where I'm at, every single Blockbuster within twenty miles has closed/is closing. This is in central FL. In practice, there are no Blockbusters left for me to frequent.

Hey...where in central Florida are you? All of ours closed down except for one that's still holding on for dear life. I give it three months.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Hey...where in central Florida are you? All of ours closed down except for one that's still holding on for dear life. I give it three months.

My family lives in northwest Florida and their Blockbusters all went the way of the DoDo. I used to use them almost every weekend for movies until we got netf... oh... right.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wanted to play something with swords and magic.

divinity2.jpg

You can also turn into a dragon so might as well give it a shot.

Also, decided to get this because I don't have a DS for pokemon white.

DSC03924.jpg

Holy shit, childhood nostalgia overload. Reminds me again of how pokemon world makes no sense to me now though. Guess I'm getting old. :(

Also how the fuck does pikachu defeat so many rock type pokemon I can never understand.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Trek outfits are rad, but as the proud owner of my own (thankfully singular) 5 month old, I'm more excited to recognise the Bumbos and good old Captain Calamari in that photo set :D

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yeah, there's like one BB in Brevard County FL (that I know of) that's still clinging to life. Haven't used any sort of video store since Movie Gallery :P

Also Divinity is pretty not good. If you have the fortitude and patience to make it to the part where you get to be a dragon, the game might be better, but I couldn't make it that far.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The dragon knight saga or ego draconis?

From what I've heard dragon knight saga is massively improved from ego draconis with a massive expansion added on too.

I dunno. If I can loot stuff and kill people with magic I'll be happy enough.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I played Ego Draconis. It was pretty terrible, the only viable character was a ranged bow and arrow using guy. I may have to give the DKS demo a try if they've improved the gameplay. It would have to be a huge overhaul though(this is all imo).

I'm just a little sore with the action RPG genre at the moment, I've been burned alot taking chances on things like Divinity, Two Worlds Two and Venetica

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Apparently the crazy difficulty of ego draconis is toned down quite a bit from the reports I'm reading.

Two world 2 was another consideration but this was $10 cheaper.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I did a lot of my christmas shopping at the Borders on Michigan Ave in Chicago. the lease price for that spot much have been outrageous, tourist central magnificent mile and all. Still, it's always sad to see a three story book store close down.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Does it make me a bad person that I have hidden "Life" on blu ray (non-Oprah) in one of the closing Borders?

Cause I am waiting on that 50% off deal.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No picture, but today's pick-up is a new blower for my furnace. Not exactly what I wanted to spend money on, but we gots to have heat.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hey at least it went out near the end

it could have gone out during like

a blizzard

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, off-topic. Ahem. I still need to get Rock Band 3. Any deals on that any of you are aware of? :)

Not sure if you've heard yet, it just got a price drop to $20.

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    MannyTheManateeMannyTheManatee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Today's pickup:

Tron: Legacy in Bluray + DVD

292yb1l.jpg

I liked the movie a lot but not enough to drop $50+ bucks on the OMFG 5 DISC COLLECTORS EDITION!!!oneone

I also have to clean my desk

:P

MannyTheManatee on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh fuck.

Just watched Tron on my new TV and it's fucking tiz-ight.

Word to ya motha'.

MannyTheManatee on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Radiant Historia

Mel Brook Collection on blu-ray

Taxi Driver on blu-ray

contra on nes with box/manual

good month so far, got a new mechanical keyboard coming friday and my birthday is in 2 weeks.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Apparently the crazy difficulty of ego draconis is toned down quite a bit from the reports I'm reading.

Two world 2 was another consideration but this was $10 cheaper.

This makes me sad. Two Worlds 2 has an amazing magic system. Raining anvils and physics whirlwinds, just two name two high points.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Funny...I went into the Two Worlds thread and the general consensus I got was "Meh, decent" and "shit"

I mean...I'll probably get it when it's 10-20 or something but it wasn't that great.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IMG_0173.jpg

After some finagling this cost me $16 after tax. I needed a new remote anyway since once of mine stopped working for some reason, so now I'm back up to 4. And the game itself looked fun, and I could always use the Club Nintendo coins.

Also seen are my brand new feather pillows.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IMG_0460.jpg

Woop woop

So I was gonna jump on that deal with the Tangled/Beauty and the Beast Blu-rays for $33 total (for Disney Blu-rays that's a steal), but noticed that, for a mere $3 more, I could get over 26 hours of Daria. That's the whole series and both movies.

Now, nearly all the licensed music was sadly removed due to rights issues, so I'm curious to see if this affects enjoyment of the show at all, but I doubt it will. It's a shame that the distribution company couldn't bite the bullet on paying the licensing fees like Shout! did for the whole series of Freaks and Geeks (amazing, watch it if you haven't), but that was one 18-episode season versus a 65-episode series, which, if I'm not mistaken, probably features even more licensed music than Freaks and Geeks did.

I'm excited, about to go dig in and watch some in a few minutes.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Y'all will hate me for this one.

IMG_6418.jpg

Yakuza 4 for $19.99.

Someone at GameStop in the mall didn't know the difference between 3 and 4, apparently. :D

(Otogi 1 & 2 were a total of $10, KotOR2 was $1. A Day To Remember... uh... guilty pleasure.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn, I have Tekken 6 and I still haven't put it in my system. I got it six months ago.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haha. ADTR. Sadly the new album isn't as good as the last three.

I've picked up Tron, 1TB HD, 8 Gigs of ram, Kyle/Yost X-Force Vol 1 and Spider-Man The Gauntlet Vol 1.

Its only the 7th =(

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some pickups today:

8499ff19.jpg

After the Gamestop Power Saver sale, my 10% PUR discount, and the Buy 2 Get 1 Free they've got going on, Enslaved and Majin were only $8.50 each and LEGO Batman was only $13.

I also bought the Lara Croft game off PSN game for $7.50.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haha. ADTR. Sadly the new album isn't as good as the last three.

I've picked up Tron, 1TB HD, 8 Gigs of ram, Kyle/Yost X-Force Vol 1 and Spider-Man The Gauntlet Vol 1.

Its only the 7th =(

The last three must be amazing, because I really liked what I've heard. (This is my first ADTR album.)

Also, I love T6 so far. So much fun. (<3 Julia)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Todays pickups:

Scream 1, 2 and 3

30rw2zc.jpg

Lost 40+ pounds and it gave me stretch marks so I saw this cream at Costco. Very expensive.
    It's a two month supply so I'll use 50 days worth to lighten/reduce/fade my stretch marks then take it back and say it didn't work for a full refund, haha.

29vcbh5.jpg

Fucking LOVE Costco.

MannyTheManatee on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Todays pickups:

Scream 1, 2 and 3

*pic*

Lost 40+ pounds and it gave me stretch marks so I saw this cream at Costco. Very expensive.
    It's a two month supply so I'll use 50 days worth to lighten/reduce/fade my stretch marks then take it back and say it didn't work for a full refund, haha.

*pic*

Fucking LOVE Costco.

Not too be too judge-y or anything, but isn't that, ya know, fraud? o_O

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Todays pickups:

Scream 1, 2 and 3

*pic*

*pic*

Fucking LOVE Costco.

Not too be too judge-y or anything, but isn't that, ya know, fraud? o_O

Relax, I was joking.

But I read reviews of the cream and it's hit or miss for a lot of people.

Not to mention it costs $140.

So if this shit doesn't work, of course I'm going to take it back.

MannyTheManatee on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Picked up Dragon Age 2 because of the free Mass Effect 2 deal going on. God this game is good.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I tried picking up Mass Effect a long time ago.

Nothing drew me in but I wanted to try Mass Effect 2 since I am older and (hopefully) wiser.

Now, the question is, do you need to have played the first one to understand the rest or is it like Killzone 2 where the only thing you need to remember is where is the trigger?

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    Picked up Dragon Age 2 because of the free Mass Effect 2 deal going on. God this game is good.

Glad you're enjoying Dragon Age 2! :D I honestly had a lot of fun with it. What class are you doing a play through as? I just got Mass Effect 2 myself, due to already owning DA2. Doesn't really seem like my kind of game but hey.. free game is a free game!

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You don't have to have played the first one, but the game is about 1000x better if you have.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I tried picking up Mass Effect a long time ago.

Nothing drew me in but I wanted to try Mass Effect 2 since I am older and (hopefully) wiser.

Now, the question is, do you need to have played the first one to understand the rest or is it like Killzone 2 where the only thing you need to remember is where is the trigger?

The PS3 version of ME2 attempts to recap the plot of the first game, but it's not on the other versions.

Maybe if you're wiser you might want to go back and play ME1 anyway? :D

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.