As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So uh...is there a link to the main site anywhere in the OP that I missed, or do we just tell people to google stuff when making megathreads nowadays?

Hmm it would indeed appear that we are missing the Link to the game itself in our OP.

Here you go temporarily, but that should be rectified.

http://www.spiralknights.com/

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, I was building the whole thing in Notepad while the forum was being fixed. Some things slipped my mind while I was trying and failing to remember that in notepad you can't just highlight some text and mash the URL button.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh! didn't realize you were adding players to the OP, I'm in there as Delphin.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm about to play this for a bit. Does anyone want to get on the PA vent server? It's always more fun if you can actually talk to folks when you are Four Swording with them.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited April 2011
    This is true. This is not a game that lends itself well to text chat, as much as saw WoW or Puzzle Pirates.
    I've never been on PA vent, what's the info that I may add it to the OP?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Correct me if I am wrong but I beleive its

IP: 69.12.36.171
    PORT:2377

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just started playing this earlier this week, haven't gotten much time to play it though. I've got a pigtailed knight named Gonerill. One thing I haven't really been able to figure out, is there a way to figure out which depth you'll start at when you enter a dungeon? I joined a couple parties where they were in progress on depth 7-8, that's kinda high for my equipment level.

zagi on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong but I beleive its

IP: 69.12.36.171
    PORT:2377

That's the one.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In as Amikron, played for about 2 hours, interesting game.

Amikron Devalia on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    finally got full 2star gear, now I can go unlock tier 2 dungeons. yay! Ill do that after I get some sleep, though.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Been playing for a few days, in game name is olliedag.

So yesterday I realised what a bad idea it was to attack those silver slimes with a weapon that can cause shock .. I think i'll be sticking to the gun whenever I see them from now on.

olliedag on
    edited April 2011
    Yes, there's oil slimes that it is also a bad idea to set on fire. Also, the orange slimes that merge into larger slimes?
    It is terrifying if you let it go to far. We found that out during one of those optional arena fights.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    I want more awesome optional fights. FOR THE KING!

Also, wolver armor looks awesome and I will have to costume it even once I stop wearing it for reals.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am pretty impressed by this game. Having quite a lot of fun so far, for nothing. I can see myself dropping $5 on this every month or so though.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Probably not every month for me, but I will undoubtably drop some coin to support this MMO.

Saved up 300 energy for today, 400 if I spend a Mist Can. Gonna get full T2 gear tonight, I PROMISE! D:

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can I get an invite to the guild? Name is "Klyka".

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited April 2011
    I want more awesome optional fights. FOR THE KING!

Also, wolver armor looks awesome and I will have to costume it even once I stop wearing it for reals.

I hate the look of the wolver armor. It's just a fur coat. Though if you also have the helmet it's kind of badass.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    So, I learned some things today. If you join a party and get kicked out, you get shunted into your own copy of that instance. This can be really sucky, when they were in the middle of one of those optional arena battles. Especially since I think it leaves the enemy counts the same.

Fortunately, I learned something else. Shocking those metal slimes isn't all bad. In desperation I pulled out a random potion (one of my few since I'd been in the dungeon all of about 40 seconds) and hurled it at the massed slimes. Turned out to have been a shock vial. About 6 of them went nuts, and apparently when they do that, they can hit each other. They killed the 2 bomb slimes and the giant spike shooting one and somehow missed me.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Question for Nick if he's still watching.
    What happens when all the gates are opened? Do minerals become pointless? Or will there always be another gate. I mean right now, of the 4? 5? closed gates, only one is still accepting minerals.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Logging on now if anyone wants to join me in vent.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, some of those slime bosses really are crazy. We ran into one last night that would not only run around shooting spikes, but would launch tentacles underground that burst up under you.

Has anyone run into any tortodrones yet? I saw one during the preview weekend, but I think they changed the spawn and made them rarer. Its homing charge attacks and gtaoe missiles were ridiculous. I bit it twice against one, on level 6 of all places.

I decided to drop 10 bucks on this too. They've created a very fun game and that much ce should last for quite a long time.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • OOO NickOOO Nick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Question for Nick if he's still watching.
    What happens when all the gates are opened? Do minerals become pointless? Or will there always be another gate. I mean right now, of the 4? 5? closed gates, only one is still accepting minerals.

Gates move from right to left, with four always open for play and another four being built. Every two days, the left-most gate goes away as a new one launches and another completely empty dormant gate appears on the far right.

Gates are always on the move, just like the levels within the gates themselves.

OOO Nick on
    edited April 2011
    Oh ok. So each gate once it goes off the left is basically destroyed? It's not like it'll eventually come back on the right already done.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • OOO NickOOO Nick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yep, each gate is unique in that way.

OOO Nick on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've been playing every night this week with a group of friends. We're in T2 and starting to upgrade our stuff further. I'm right now wielding a Winmillion and I have a Dusker set. Can't wait to upgrade it to Ash Tail.

One of the things I really love about the game is how the weapons are so very different in playstyle. My Winmillion for instance, which is the last part of the Spur upgrade line, has a 3-hit combo much like the Calibur upgrade line, but it also lunges forward with every hit and triggers a short-ranged bolt, providing it with very nice range and acting as a great foil to backpedaling Menders. To balance that out, its charge move is pretty weak; consisting of a ranged attack with a huge startup animation and piddly damage.

I'm in as Viridian, if anyone wants to add me for some PA runs. :)

aunsoph on
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So after failing miserably the first time, I just killed my first jelly king! Extremly fun battle! And just before that I saw Nick within a crowd of slimes. I'm sorry Nick, I slaughtered you in cold blood because I thought something good would come out :(

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Grats man!

What was your equipment setup and how many people in your party?

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tried it out thanks to an ad on the PA main page. Wasn't expecting too much but it is quite nice. I'm in as Crepusculum.

Verbose on
    edited April 2011
    I need upgraded wolver armor. Also warp dust. Also that poison sword. Basically, I wish I were a wolver, apparently.

Anyone have the recipes for any of this? Will pay probably pretty well, crowns or ce.

Basically, I spent several hours doing solo t2 runs trying to find the recipes myself and failed to do so marvelously. I sure found a lot of angelic and jelly stuff.. and a store with the 3 parts of the higher tier drakescale stuff.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can make everything from the Wolver set upgrade line, all the way to the Ash Tail set. Once I get to T3 I'll be aiming for the Vog Cub set.

If anyone stumbles upon a Horned Owlite Shield recipe, please whisper Viridian.

aunsoph on
    edited April 2011
    I have some warp dust. I think. I have a variety of mats are basically the guild's for the taking. I'd like to get us a nice set of 3*+ gear so we can do solid T2 runs without getting laid out all over the place.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I uh, maxed my starter sword, so... YEA!

*feels lame, walks away*

Amikron Devalia on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just maxed my noob sword also. Then I bought a new one... or rather.. a shovel.

What's the thing with the guild? Just post here? My name is Ansatz in game.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited April 2011
    I have the slime shovel too!

Amikron Devalia on
    edited April 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »
    I can make everything from the Wolver set upgrade line, all the way to the Ash Tail set. Once I get to T3 I'll be aiming for the Vog Cub set.

If anyone stumbles upon a Horned Owlite Shield recipe, please whisper Viridian.

I definitely need to harass you for the highest level set you can make. Though I recall needing like leveled gear to make it so I imagine it'd be a bit of a pain. Still, will pay well~ just tell me how much.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Jelly boss is pretty impossible without the right equipment :( So far I'm doing pretty good, got a 4* blade, 3* armor/shield.

Kyanilis on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I saw the banner on the PA home page and decided to check this game out. So far I'm really digging it.

My character is Dino-teen and I'm interested in joining a guild if there is one being started here.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I decided to give it a shot, since I was one of those creatures that played Puzzle Pirates at some point in time. Its got hack, and its got slash, and it took a whole two minutes from deciding I want to try the game to actually playing it. I have no idea how they did that, but color me impressed.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, maybe it's Java or something, but this game runs really poorly for what it is. Any screen with lots of crown/heat drops around I get super low fps (like 10fps). It only happens when I run it fullscreen, but it's pretty ridiculous seeing as I run RIFT on medium-high settings on this rig at 60fps.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, arenas can be really problematic with thatsometimes. I'll lose a whole second of time, and find myself completely across the area. This is especially bad when the whole place is full of flaming slimes and their flaming droppings.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png