As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIFT] 1.3 Coming soon - Server Transfers, Guild Banks, and World Events! Oh My!

CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
I will do an OP here eventually! For now:

The PvE guild is Knights of Arcadia, Defiant, on Faeblight
The PvP guild is The Six Mouths, Defiant, on Sunrest
The EU PvE guild is Planary Arcadia, Defiant, on Argent

When you join the server, type /join PennyArcade to join the chat channel to find someone to invite you.

Bloodycow is running a guardian side PVE guild on Threesprings, called <The Brotherhood>

n1woEHJ.png
CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
CorriganX on

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So you're just about to hit 50 eh? Corrigan's Guide to getting prepared! (for defiants at least)
    From 45-50: Start getting prepared. Start working on Stillmoor and Shimmersand quests to get decorated with the Order of Mathos and Dragonslayers, you're going to be using their rings and necklaces for pve for a while. Start scoping out the recipe vendors in the Manufactory of Meridian. Find what you think you can use and start gathering the materials for the crafted items. The purples require Minor Catalysts which are mainly purchased from plaque of achievements, but also have a chance to drop from CC and AP instances. Also at 46 you should be trying to weasel your way into a CC (Charmer's Caldera) or AP (Abyssal Precipice) run to get the quest completion items from there.

The Big Five Oh: First, congrats! You made it to 50. Now heres the fun part. Dungeons at this level are split into two categories, Regular and Expert. Regular dungeon runs are the 1-49 dungeons, have a small amount of bosses, and regular loot drops. Expert versions are much harder, have added bosses, and the original bosses tend to have new and interesting tricks up their sleeves. These expert dungeons are split into two Categories as well. Tier 1 dungeons are the easier set, and drop 1 Plaque of achievement per boss. These include IT, FC, KB, RoF, and LH. The tier 2 dungeons are much harder, and require you to be pretty well geared in t1 drops and these dungeons are AP, CC, RD, DSM, and DD.

Things you'll have to do to be prepared for T1s: Try to replace all your gear with 48+ Blues and the mathos rep reward rings. Before venturing in, pick up whatever daily expert quests are available from the Faceless Man in meridian's central command center. Tier1 Dailies award 10 bonus plaques upon completion. For tier 1s Melee is going to want 50 hit, Tanks will want 50 Toughness, and Casters will want 50 focus. Now these arn't REQUIRED, but if you don't have it you'll take much bigger crits as a tank, or won't be able to hit the mob nearly as often. Try to buy a level 50 Tunic or Pants, that way you can upgrade your boots/belt/shoes quickly with the Minor Relic Vendor's gear for 20/30 plaques of achievement. Hopefully during the run to 50 you collected at least 7500 Planarite and were able to purchase the Flawless Source Machine from the planarite vendor. You're going to want to fill that with level 48+ greater and lesser essences when you can, but you can purchase lower level greater essences to fill in the slots while you go. If you're lacking in Planarite, get a group to Shimmersand. On the far Northwestern peninsula theres a large amount of earth rifts constantly spawned, which groups form up to farm for planarite and earth rep.

For tier2s, you're going to need even more Hit/Toughness/Focus. Try to aim for about 100 of each. If you're a healing cleric Congrats! You don't need any extra stat, and it seems that 85% of all drops are Cleric loot in experts. The order of Difficulty appears to be Ap -> RD -> CC -> DD -> DSM for tier 2s. Tier2 daily quests will award you with 20 plaques upon completion.

Raids require about 200ish of the relevant stats. More info will be updated here as we get farther along.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got valmaras fang or whatever dagger last night upgraded my weapon :D

now im at 138 hit, just need my boots, necklace and chest pieceeeee and something else but i dont remember what

M.D. on
  • TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bit dissapointed at level 50, I mean, why isn't quests giving more monies at 50? I know thats just WoW talking, but the lore at shimmersands and stillmore is still not touched for me, and I was really looking forward to a smooth weekend with quests and a bit of plat, now, questing is a bad use of my time.

Also, the EU server have very low number of 50s and its making doing the daily instance impossible.

I think I will take a week off and look at my backlog for a bit.

TheOrange on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheOrange wrote: »
    I'm a bit dissapointed at level 50, I mean, why isn't quests giving more monies at 50? I know thats just WoW talking, but the lore at shimmersands and stillmore is still not touched for me, and I was really looking forward to a smooth weekend with quests and a bit of plat, now, questing is a bad use of my time.

Also, the EU server have very low number of 50s and its making doing the daily instance impossible.

I think I will take a week off and look at my backlog for a bit.

Sorry we haven't been on much Orange, might hit 50 today then can get some tanking playtime in this week :)

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited April 2011
    oh I'm not saying the guild has low 50's the server has low 50's, the server itself needs time I think.

TheOrange on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheOrange wrote: »
    oh I'm not saying the guild has low 50's the server has low 50's, the server itself needs time I think.

Either way I do want to try get on and play more with you guys, but yeah I've noticed few high levels.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You'll make plenty of gold farming out those fat rep dailies. Gogo!

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I'll probably do that, but that isn't to say extra gold on quests isn't a great idea on 50, I mean, I honestly want to finish the last two areas, and the 'lore' isn't insentive enough

TheOrange on
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, most of the shimmersand stuff sucked pretty hard. I liked some of the things in Stillmoor though. Enough that I finished them off even at 50. (And come on, most of them are easy rep. Which is the main reason I did it anyway.)

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You'll need the rep from Stillmoor and Shimmersand too. Those accessories are seriously great for fresh 50s.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    edited April 2011
    i hate the kill these X named dudes quest in stillmore for dailies, argh running around those towers with so many mobs.

I mean its nice cause I can farm up some spellspun and witchweave but thats bout it

M.D. on
  • tricontricon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know what I found funny. That I got at last a automatic gm response a couple hours later after I canceled my subscription via email after the support ignore my petition for 17 days.

Maybe the should add a few more jobs http://www.trionworlds.com/en/ :P

tricon on
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh jeah!
    17A55BB333855E334FAAA3FE3245DE68E4A05B8B

Apothecary 300!

Neurotika on
    edited April 2011
    Good job. I stalled out on Apoth around the 275 mark. Pain.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    So. Invasion bosses.

The Stonefied one has 6 million hp.

he's going down at about 1% per minute.

I could order a pizza.

Echo on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sunrest folks, your good buddy Senor needs Icewatch rep for his 50 mount. Who wants to run AP with me a million times over?

Let's see a show of hands.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2011
    So they really think a boss that takes 30-40 minutes of mashing buttons make for a memorable event?

Echo on
    edited April 2011
    Took notes of how long it took.

14:36: 77%
    14:40: 68%
    14:44: 58%
    14:48: 51%
    15:01: 32%
    15:07: dead

Echo on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Took notes of how long it took.

14:36: 77%
    14:40: 68%
    14:44: 58%
    14:48: 51%
    15:01: 32%
    15:07: dead

I think they expect more people to show up. Usually they take like 5 minutes. If you had so few people that he died so slowly, I'm impressed you managed to not fail the pre-boss part of the invasion. Those usually involve having enough people to both attack and defend.

DiscoZombie on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So like, if you want to not fail invasions, Augment the galumphing Wardstones.

I mean I like end of the world scenarios as much as the next guy but for serious it costs fifty planarite from the ability vendor god damn.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited April 2011
    I think they expect more people to show up. Usually they take like 5 minutes. If you had so few people that he died so slowly, I'm impressed you managed to not fail the pre-boss part of the invasion. Those usually involve having enough people to both attack and defend.

"Usually"? This is the first time these guys appear. The Stonefield ones had 6 million hitpoints. We were one full raid, at 30% a second full raid showed up.

Echo on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm already at 130 hit rating and I haven't run a single expert dungeon on my level fifty rogue. Going to bed now and hope I wake up in time for the event. Gorram fucking silly geese of a boss fucked me over on this shit by scheduling a mandatory meeting this morning from 7am to 10am... and forced me to stay after I'd already worked from 7pm to 7am cause some dumbass geese called off and I had to go in four hours early.

I'd really like to have a shot at the epic mount, but damn if I get the chance thanks to all this crap.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I sadly can't participate in the event cause I get 30000ms and constant disconnects.

Sadness :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's the timeline for the event look like? I know Phase 2 starts at 3pm Eastern, but when is the final shebang? I won't be able to play all night long.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited April 2011
    On my server we finished phase 2 in under three hours.

Echo on
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If it doesn't bug out like it is for us then i imagine p3 will take under an hour

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What about the stones and rewards? Do they drop more? I've got about 300 stones right now and would like to grab the Guise before it's over.

Figgy on
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    well there are loads of invasions and rifts that will drop them and collosi in p2 bosses in p3 that drop 10 stones a piece

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I want to finish up some of those Meridian story quests, but this means I need to make an Iron Tombs run. Anyone have some alts or whatever they want to take for a run through Iron Tombs on Sunrest today?

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    seems to me like a kinda lame event...1 week of lame dailies, then 3 hours of zerg, (in the middle of the day, albeit a weekend) then probably a quick ending.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
    edited April 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    So, I want to finish up some of those Meridian story quests, but this means I need to make an Iron Tombs run. Anyone have some alts or whatever they want to take for a run through Iron Tombs on Sunrest today?

I need that as well. I'm 50, though.
    Maguano wrote: »
    seems to me like a kinda lame event...1 week of lame dailies, then 3 hours of zerg, (in the middle of the day, albeit a weekend) then probably a quick ending.

I agree that nine days of the exact same four dailies does not an interesting "event" make.

WAR often did unique warfronts for their events, which would have been cool.

Figgy on
  • The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    Brilliant, someone hacked my account and used it to get me banned.

authenticator + The Ironclad title. :P

tricon on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So guys what time, EST or even PST does the second phase kick off?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited April 2011
    senor ill help I think your tsar? :P

and yea I dont wanna sit at a computer screen for like 30 mins to kill one boss

after the phase 2 does phase 3 start or is there a wait time?

M.D. on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    senor ill help I think your tsar? :P

and yea I dont wanna sit at a computer screen for like 30 mins to kill one boss

after the phase 2 does phase 3 start?

Yes, I am Tsar.

SeñorAmor on
  • The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tricon wrote: »

That might have been helpful if i had an android device. What's really bizarre is that i didn't get coin locked so i guess the hacker sent support tickets from trion support page.

The Rocking M on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Which would be really nice if everyone on the planet had a smart phone.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011

That might have been helpful if i had an android device. What's really bizarre is that i didn't get coin locked so i guess the hacker sent support tickets from trion support page.

If someone logs in from another location, you aren't going to get coin locked when you log into yours.

Coin lock is widely misunderstood, and it leads to a lot of confusion in these hacking situations. Login permission does not transfer around from computer to computer. Once a computer is authorized, it's authorized--barring any of the many glitches in the system itself. If someone from Timbuktu gets into your account, the next time you login, you would not be coin locked.

I don't think the coin lock is as bullet-proof as they make it out. My brother's wife was hacked, and there was no email in your inbox from a hacker's coin lock, her passwords were not the same, etc. Either the coin lock has a loop hole that people are finding ways around, or this hacker had both her email password and her game password. If find the former much more likely, given Trion's track record.

Figgy on
    edited April 2011

Which would be really nice if everyone on the planet had a smart phone.

No excuse: http://www.theiloop.com/try-android-2-3-gingerbread-on-windows/

Yeah I know 2 way authentication goes absurd. o_O

tricon on
This discussion has been closed.