As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

1404142434446»

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kirbith wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Picked up Dragon Age 2 because of the free Mass Effect 2 deal going on. God this game is good.

Glad you're enjoying Dragon Age 2! :D I honestly had a lot of fun with it. What class are you doing a play through as? I just got Mass Effect 2 myself, due to already owning DA2. Doesn't really seem like my kind of game but hey.. free game is a free game!

Right now Warrior (always start this way, easier to play as!) but I will almost certainly go through the game with all the classes. I really like that they went with the actiony video game instead of the "stand there and auto attack" gameplay.

urahonky on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I tried picking up Mass Effect a long time ago.

Nothing drew me in but I wanted to try Mass Effect 2 since I am older and (hopefully) wiser.

Now, the question is, do you need to have played the first one to understand the rest or is it like Killzone 2 where the only thing you need to remember is where is the trigger?

The PS3 version of ME2 attempts to recap the plot of the first game, but it's not on the other versions.

Maybe if you're wiser you might want to go back and play ME1 anyway? :D

That would require an xbox.

Which I am smart enough to NOT own. :lol:

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Nothing drew me in but I wanted to try Mass Effect 2 since I am older and (hopefully) wiser.

Now, the question is, do you need to have played the first one to understand the rest or is it like Killzone 2 where the only thing you need to remember is where is the trigger?

The PS3 version of ME2 attempts to recap the plot of the first game, but it's not on the other versions.

Because there are way too many great games for it and you don't have the time or money to play them all? Yes, that is a good reason to not have one.

Renzo on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well

I mean, he has a PS3

UnbreakableVow on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Uh, ME1's on the PC. No need for the 360 at all.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've heard plenty of people give their reason for a PS3-only house as "I like video games, Blu Rays, and I don't like Halo".

So ThePain, you'd be playing the Mass Effect games on PC?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Was 75% off on Amazon or something, may still be! Woo Bruce Campbell woo.

JjB7t.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That was an amazing show.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    why can't I

X0BhI.jpg

hold all these games?

Total was around.. 70-80 for everything, I think?

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I wish the PAL spines used the game logo always like the American ones do :(

Moioink on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Uh, ME1's on the PC. No need for the 360 at all.

Yea but I dunno that either of our PCs would run ME1, since they are both quite a few years old at this point. I've got a nice laptop for school which is the only reason I can run ME2.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I keep wanting to get Brisco, but it ends so quickly. I may Netfilx it.

Krathoon on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay I just want to say one thing because last time I complained about it people said not to take it too seriously, but I think I'm justified now. What I want to say is this: Is this really a thread to post pictures of cream you bought for stretch marks? I just feel we need to draw the line somewhere, because I see nothing about that that fits in the thread. There's no gaming/geek pride in that. I've already been vocal about this before, but I think we're seriously crossing the line with cream and some of the other things. Why don't I just post my groceries the next time I go shopping?

Gilder on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    While I can see where you're coming from pal o mine, this being the G&T section of the forum, there's no strict rule about it in the OP.
    In a thread idea shamelessly stolen primarily from NeoGAF, here's Penny-Arcade's official Pick-Up Thread, the first in a series.

This is the thread where you post what you've picked up recently. Show your gaming/geek cred & pride here.

Over on the GAF they had out bans for posting stock images, and I don't have the power, so all I can do is ask nicely:

Post ACTUAL pictures you've taken yourself! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

In addition, DO NOT CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

So have fun. Go!

I suppose on the next iteration if you wanted to be the threads handler and enforce such a policy you could.

SkutSkut on
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For those who complain that Disney movies are too expensive (a complaint I've never understood), The Incredibles is coming to Blu-ray this Tuesday, and the Cars BR/DVD combo is coming out on the same day, each for $25 at Best Buy. Both are the BR/DVD/Digital combo pack.

If you're a member of Disney Movie Rewards (it's free), you can get a $10 coupon for Incredibles and an $8 coupon for Cars.

Best Buy is knocking $10 off if you buy them both.

So $15 for The Incredibles, $17 for Cars, or $22 for both.

EDIT: Either Cars or both of them also come with a movie ticket for Cars 2.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    While I can see where you're coming from pal o mine, this being the G&T section of the forum, there's no strict rule about it in the OP.
    In a thread idea shamelessly stolen primarily from NeoGAF, here's Penny-Arcade's official Pick-Up Thread, the first in a series.

This is the thread where you post what you've picked up recently. Show your gaming/geek cred & pride here.

Over on the GAF they had out bans for posting stock images, and I don't have the power, so all I can do is ask nicely:

Post ACTUAL pictures you've taken yourself! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

In addition, DO NOT CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

So have fun. Go!

I suppose on the next iteration if you wanted to be the threads handler and enforce such a policy you could.

Yeah but it says this is to show off gamer/geek pride. I don't see any kind of pride in that kind of stuff. Also considering this in games and technology I think it would have just been implied that it should be related. Didn't this idea come from GAF? Because I doubt that if this came from the gaming forum of GAF they posted stuff like that. Like for example I haven't really looked at it, but does the free for a good home thread just start giving away cook books and old dresser drawers, or is it implied that you wouldn't give that stuff away because it's in the games forum? If this was in SE++ I could see some things like cars and creams being posted, but I just thought it's implied it should be tangentially related to games or technology.

Mostly I think we should post things that you would be interested in seeing yourself. I don't see why anyone would have been interested in stretch mark cream. It's kind of personal anyway, so why even share it? I'd have been too embarrassed to post it if it was me.

Gilder on
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got some new TV furniture and a CRT TV so that my old games no longer look like butt. I am very satisfied with how it turned out! Finally I can have everything setup. Games running there: Assassin's Creed 2 and Castlevania 4.

Systems: Dreamcast (VGA), PS3 (HDMI), Gamecube and Wii (Component) on the HDTV. PS2, Mega Drive, Super Famicom, Saturn (all RGB SCART) on the SDTV. Everything has been modified in some way except the SFC.

0e74f478.jpg

Excuse the horrible blurry photograph.

Moioink on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gilder wrote: »

So have fun. Go!

Yeah but it says this is to show off gamer/geek pride. I don't see any kind of pride in that kind of stuff. Also considering this in games and technology I think it would have just been implied that it should be related. Didn't this idea come from GAF? Because I doubt that if this came from the gaming forum of GAF they posted stuff like that. Like for example I haven't really looked at it, but does the free for a good home thread just start giving away cook books and old dresser drawers, or is it implied that you wouldn't give that stuff away because it's in the games forum? If this was in SE++ I could see some things like cars and creams being posted, but I just thought it's implied it should be tangentially related to games or technology.

Mostly I think we should post things that you would be interested in seeing yourself. I don't see why anyone would have been interested in stretch mark cream. It's kind of personal anyway, so why even share it? I'd have been too embarrassed to post it if it was me.

I really have to agree with you wholehearted you on this. I think the only thing I posted that wasn't video game/ stuff from video games/ nerdy awesome stuff was my engagement ring. And to be fair, it's a nerd being engaged to a nerd, so that's pretty damn nerdy. :P

But anyways, yea. Weird personal stuff just doesn't really seem like the kind of stuff I want to see. I want to see pics of the cool/ awesome stuff people got. Like someone's four babies in star trek outfits. That is pretty much as awesomely nerdy as it can get.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IMG_0460.jpg

Woop woop

So I was gonna jump on that deal with the Tangled/Beauty and the Beast Blu-rays for $33 total (for Disney Blu-rays that's a steal), but noticed that, for a mere $3 more, I could get over 26 hours of Daria. That's the whole series and both movies.

Now, nearly all the licensed music was sadly removed due to rights issues, so I'm curious to see if this affects enjoyment of the show at all, but I doubt it will. It's a shame that the distribution company couldn't bite the bullet on paying the licensing fees like Shout! did for the whole series of Freaks and Geeks (amazing, watch it if you haven't), but that was one 18-episode season versus a 65-episode series, which, if I'm not mistaken, probably features even more licensed music than Freaks and Geeks did.

I'm excited, about to go dig in and watch some in a few minutes.
    The glory days of MTV.

Now it's just an embarrassing mess of a channel.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bficky wrote: »
    For those who complain that Disney movies are too expensive (a complaint I've never understood), The Incredibles is coming to Blu-ray this Tuesday, and the Cars BR/DVD combo is coming out on the same day, each for $25 at Best Buy. Both are the BR/DVD/Digital combo pack.
    The Incredibles was the Pixar movie I wanted on BRay the most. Good on them for releasing it.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Picked up Dragon Age 2 because of the free Mass Effect 2 deal going on. God this game is good.

Glad you're enjoying Dragon Age 2! :D I honestly had a lot of fun with it. What class are you doing a play through as? I just got Mass Effect 2 myself, due to already owning DA2. Doesn't really seem like my kind of game but hey.. free game is a free game!

Right now Warrior (always start this way, easier to play as!) but I will almost certainly go through the game with all the classes. I really like that they went with the actiony video game instead of the "stand there and auto attack" gameplay.

If by actiony you mean smash the A button with no strategy whatsoever, then sure.

Shady3011 on
    edited April 2011
    Renzo wrote: »

Because there are way too many great games for it and you don't have the time or money to play them all? Yes, that is a good reason to not have one.

I had owned an xbox before.

I didn't like it.

I now own a PS3.

I like it.

THEPAIN73 on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, keep us updated.

Fats on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I didn't like it.

I now own a PS3.

I like it.

How does that make you smart?

I don't like onions. Am I smart now too? :?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gilder wrote: »

So have fun. Go!

Yeah but it says this is to show off gamer/geek pride. I don't see any kind of pride in that kind of stuff. Also considering this in games and technology I think it would have just been implied that it should be related. Didn't this idea come from GAF? Because I doubt that if this came from the gaming forum of GAF they posted stuff like that. .

Actually the thread on GAF has a ton of random stuff too.

Like I said before, stop taking this thread so damn seriously. :P

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited April 2011
    anoffday wrote: »

I didn't like it.

I now own a PS3.

I like it.

How does that make you smart?

I don't like onions. Am I smart now too? :?

I don't want another xbox. It was a waste of money.

I have already invested in my PS3.

I know now that I don't want an xbox.

That's why I am smarter now than I used to be.

This is the end of it. Seriously.

It's not a console fanboy thing it's I just know what I like.

THEPAIN73 on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Least convincing statement award ever goes to...

Also I thought this was a Pick-up thread, not "threadshitting while cherishing my PS3" ?

Sirialis on
    edited April 2011
    Sirialis wrote: »

Says the guy with the xbox sig

THEPAIN73 on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

So what, I dont shit on a PS3, because I have no problems with it ? Insecurity much ?

Sirialis on
    edited April 2011
    Why are you taking it so personally?

I don't like xbox, it doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it.

THEPAIN73 on
  • NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Hey, guys, shut up. Your scaring away all the loot.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2011
    As far as I can tell this thread has almost completely failed to stay within our remit. As such I am killing it.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.