As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIFT] 1.3 Coming soon - Server Transfers, Guild Banks, and World Events! Oh My!

• The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure they didn't log into the game because the emails i got from trion say that i made queries from the online support centre.

The Rocking M on
  • ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    event delayed with no ETA for NA servers. /boooooo

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Really D:?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hi all,

With the opening of the final phases of the River of Souls World Event in Europe we have identified several issues that only came to light in a live server environment. Due to this we have had to temporarily disable the World Event in Europe and are delaying the opening of the event on North American shards until a full investigation and corrections can be made.

We do not have a specific ETA at this time and apologize for the delay. We strive to provide a high-quality experience and will not start the event until it meets those standards. In the meantime, all players in Europe and North America can continue to participate in Phase 1 of the world event and earn Otherworldy Sourcestones. Thank you for your patience and understanding, we will keep you updated when additional information is available.
    from here

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
    edited April 2011
    Well, least they're being considerate enough not to plop a bunch of unkillable bosses in every zone ever.

Arthil on
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so - how long do T1 dungeon runs usually take?

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tried out the trial yesterday and got to level 15 today which is apparently the level cap for trialists. I have to say I'm disappointed, every quest in freemarch was some form of kill x, collect x or deliver x. I was gonna give the game a chance until I got to see a dungeon but the lowest dungeon is apparently level 18 so I'm boned on that part.

I think they really dropped the ball on the starter zone, if it had been more interesting and had better quests I probably would have kept playing it for at least a month or two.

Pet peeves:

Every NPC ever tells you how great you are, the guy who taught me butchering said "maybe next time we meet, you will be the master" and I'm sat there thinking "dude, I'm level 8, get off it".

Too many rifts, I know its central to the game but the only vibe I get from rifts are that its the undead invasion in wow running 24/7 and a lot of them are a chore. What are they gonna do when we beat regulus, story wise? Just find some badder dude to keep running them?

I really liked the soul system though, 3 talent tree's feels like a lot at first but it works really, really well.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited April 2011
    The rifts are determined by how many players are in the zone, and since Meridian and Sanctum are technically within their respective starting zones...

It seems you expected something hugely, wildly different when Rift is taking the model most people are used to and refining it. Evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.

Arthil on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I guess, right now the game just feels exactly like WoW with prettier graphics. I'm not sold on it, which is a shame because I've been playing WoW for 6 damn years now and was hoping something would come along that would catch me.

Edit: Although, most people playing it from my server is on Argent. And the PA EU guild is on there..

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited April 2011
    Which sounds pretty boss. I found the overall story for Freemarch to be good, it comes in more near the end where you deal with Jakub. Also there's some funny shit in the zone.

Stonefield is a very neat place as well, Scarlet Gorge I also found unique. Scarwood has it's own quirks.

Arthil on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Which sounds pretty boss. I found the overall story for Freemarch to be good, it comes in more near the end where you deal with Jakub. Also there's some funny shit in the zone.

Stonefield is a very neat place as well, Scarlet Gorge I also found unique. Scarwood has it's own quirks.

ugh. i hated scarlet gorge. iron pine peak forever. and stillmoor.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited April 2011
    I've never actually seen a 'gorge' done as a whole zone before, so it was unique to me.

Arthil on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gloamwood is a really well done storyline. Sure there are plenty of K10Rats quests, but what else do you expect from an mmo?

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »

Pet peeves:

Every NPC ever tells you how great you are, the guy who taught me butchering said "maybe next time we meet, you will be the master" and I'm sat there thinking "dude, I'm level 8, get off it".

Too many rifts, I know its central to the game but the only vibe I get from rifts are that its the undead invasion in wow running 24/7 and a lot of them are a chore. What are they gonna do when we beat regulus, story wise? Just find some badder dude to keep running them?

I really liked the soul system though, 3 talent tree's feels like a lot at first but it works really, really well.

You're an ascended. That'd be like if some random rebel was like "Whoa, a jedi, you're awesome." Doesn't matter if you just started, you're still a goddamn Jedi and your potential is insane.

As was mentioned, rifts open based on population of the zone. Also, rifts in Freemarch and Silverwood are opening a lot more often due to the event. As for beating Regulous, he's not the only one. There are five other dragons that are threatening the world. One for each element, plus Life and Death. Killing Regulous doesn't save everyone because the rest are powerful and really want to invade Telara, it just takes out the biggest player.

Docshifty on
    edited April 2011
    Funny thing I've noticed too, apparently Maelforge -was- killed while the others had been imprisoned. I'm assuming this was his 'physical form' on Telara since you see him communicating with his forces in the first part of Silverwood.

Iron Pine Peak would be fucked if Crucia got out.

Arthil on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    They really need to work on the "get X rifts/invasions of type Y" quests.

Trying to get another two death invaders for my shadetouched weapon quest. Never any of the fuckers around in the zone I'm in.

Echo on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    They really need to work on the "get X rifts/invasions of type Y" quests.

Trying to get another two death invaders for my shadetouched weapon quest. Never any of the fuckers around in the zone I'm in.

I got half of that quest done on accident. Last night I was questing in Stonefield and then an invasion opened up. I automatically got put into the public group so I figured why not. The invasion boss(the witch or something) shows up and our full raid kicks it's ass.

I got an achievement out of it too. It was kind of nice.

And then I ran DSM. Yesterday was quite a productive day.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Goofing around with the free weekend, and I notice that Faeblight is an RP server. RP doesn't really interest me, so should I look for a different server if I decide to pick this up?

Doctor Detroit on
    edited April 2011
    We wont get into that long, drawn out explanation that being on an RP server doesn't mean you have to RP.

Don't be discouraged cause of it.

Arthil on
    edited April 2011
    Seriously, spend a night with the Knights of Arcadia folks and see how much we RP...
    the answer is none.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited April 2011
    Seriously, spend a night with the Knights of Arcadia folks and see how much we RP...
    the answer is none.

Dick jokes are totally RP.

Echo on
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    the answer is none.

Dick jokes are totally RP.

So are chicks who ride motorcycles.

Beyond Normal on
  • CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On Argent-RP, the closest we came to RP-ing was complaining about Items Of The Fortress, but Trion removed those and now our lives are hollow and meaningless.

I demand that the devs buff RP by making fortress items mandatory for all players at all times.

Cabbs on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In case people haven't seen it, there's news on the delayed Phase Two:
    River of Souls World Event Extended

Hail Ascended!

We want to thank everyone for coming out today and taking part in the most massive event RIFT has ever seen. Our first run this morning on the European servers was a true test of the platform we have built and a learning experience for us all. With the hold on the final phases in the River of Souls event we have decided to extend Phase 1 an additional week.

This extension will allow everyone more opportunities to earn the event rewards, but we’re not stopping there! Here are a couple of improvements you can look forward to in the next day:

* Increasing the amount of Otherworldy Sourcestones you can earn from Death Rifts and Invasions
    * More new rewards for purchase from the World Event merchant!

We’re working on rolling these changes out and will share the full details when they go live.

In the end, more people will have the opportunity to enjoy the event and all the rewards that come with it. We’re thrilled by how many of you turned up today and your encouragement is why we are committed to providing first-class World Events– anything less is unacceptable.

So enjoy the extra week and brand new rewards – We’ll see you next Saturday (04/16/11) at 12:00PM server time when we push Alsbeth back to her bastion once and for all!

Have a great weekend,
    The RIFT Development Team

Linky.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited April 2011
    A bit annoying, but hey, it's their first world event. At least they're learning from it for future events.

Got my Shadetouched Weapon completed... and in one level I can start working on the next tier of shadetouched weapon. :P

Echo on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whee. Did 2 death raid rifts with 10 members of TSM. First one was repeatedly attacked by guardians so we called in defiant backup and whooped the rifts ass. 2nd one we did it with basically just 10 of us and due to a leashing problem we got only one chest of loot. Oh well, super fun either way.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are the new rewards on the vendor yet? Someone post em if so.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited April 2011
    They're not up yet.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Goofing around with the free weekend, and I notice that Faeblight is an RP server. RP doesn't really interest me, so should I look for a different server if I decide to pick this up?

I have seen two instances of RP on this server, and both were by the same group. The vast majority, at least in chat - do not RP.

Those that do RP, do a pretty good job of it, as I thought the chat was nonsense NPC talk, until I realized who it was coming from. . .

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ED! wrote: »

I have seen two instances of RP on this server, and both were by the same group. The vast majority, at least in chat - do not RP.

Those that do RP, do a pretty good job of it, as I thought the chat was nonsense NPC talk, until I realized who it was coming from. . .

You are the luckiest man ever. I see RP all the goddamn time. But yes, it's only in local emotes, very rarely in any chat channels. And I've yet to catch anyone in <KoA> RPing. Fortunately, I've got /gkick power, if that (god forbid) should ever happen.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One day you'll just be walking along and BAM. Some dude giving birth through complex emotes in the middle of a crowd of animal people behind a bush.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yesterday I saw a fellow gussied up in the event guise following around a Necromancer that looked like he'd been rejected from AFI for wearing too much makeup, and they were RPing as master and slave. I don't...I don't even know. I need to take a cold shower.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    when I get home from work today im gonna try to get into a few t2s

im geared enough to do them but I have yet to go, I wanted to go with TSM but I think its probably better if I do them whenever I have time

M.D. on
    edited April 2011
    when I get home from work today im gonna try to get into a few t2s

im geared enough to do them but I have yet to go, I wanted to go with TSM but I think its probably better if I do them whenever I have time

AP and DD can be done with someone fresh to t2s, but CC, and DSM require a ridiculously set up group to complete them in anything resembling a reasonable time frame. 6 hours in DSM is just no goddamn fun.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    im watching some video guides postedo n the rift forums for all the t2s so I know what to expect and do for each

its actually nice to hear I dont have to bard through the whole thing based on the guides, just certain bosses and for dps checks they are saying only one healer should be used and the rest should be dps

heres the guides if anyone wanted to learn stuff about t2's before going into them:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?154004-Tier-2-Expert-Dungeon-Video-Guides-amp-Recommended-Progression

M.D. on
  • TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As a cleric healer just hitting 50, mana isn't really a problem, and we aren't lacking in tools; I really can't see a Chloro or a bard healing a tank on that level, not with current gear I think.

TheOrange on
    edited April 2011
    Bards most definately cannot heal, but thats because they're support and not healers. Chloros actually perform quite well, and are usually prefered over clerics for single healers because of their ability to deal damage while healing. Their DPS can be crucial to an easy win vs scraping by in some dps checks.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah but not enough cooldowns, and this is where I think clerics shine as healers, in the senti tree I got 5 awesome oh crap buttons that are on a 2 minutes cooldown (one of them is from the warden tree). Purifier and Warden have them too, which is fair considering chloro's DPS.

TheOrange on
    edited April 2011
    I tried out a mage, massive dps over my tank cleric. Feels like my cleric is completely useless now :P Still, he seems competent at tanking but its hard to tell because I still take a lot of damage from rift elites.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited April 2011
    TheOrange wrote: »
    Yeah but not enough cooldowns, and this is where I think clerics shine as healers, in the senti tree I got 5 awesome oh crap buttons that are on a 2 minutes cooldown (one of them is from the warden tree). Purifier and Warden have them too, which is fair considering chloro's DPS.

Chloro's ohshit! buttons are their actual heals. The rest of their healing comes from doing damage. We've cleared CC Expert easily with a chloro with us. When the chloro had to go to bed we had a much harder time clearing it again due to losing the 10% cost reduction buff (When we're in a dps race I don't bard, I dps) and the extra dps we needed to race two of the harder bosses. Honestly, clerics are good healers. Really strong when backing up a chloro, but if I had to pick just 1 healer to bring with me it would be a chloro for their bigger ae heals from radiant spores and wither, and their better buffs they can bring along.

edit - this is all strictly for pve.

Edit the Deuce - I should mention we usually bring a cleric dpsing along with us. Our usual group makeup is a tank warrior, a dps warrior, nb or bard rogue depending on fight, single target, or ae target dps cleric, and a chloro. We've been able to clear all the experts with that group, pretty handily. DSM is still a huge whore though.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
This discussion has been closed.