As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

-----

13»

• AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My favorite fish:

spanish-mackerel.jpg

(Atlantic variety by common name, but they really mostly hang out in the Gulf of Mexico.)

They fight like a fish twice their size and are absolutely delicious.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can't wait to get fishing this year.

I wish I knew any good places around. I mean I'm about 1/4 mile from the Potomac, but that place is a toxic wasteland.

Xaquin on
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xaquin wrote: »

I wish I knew any good places around. I mean I'm about 1/4 mile from the Potomac, but that place is a toxic wasteland.

Well that's just not true. Plenty of spots outside the beltway, and inside as far as georgetown are some rather historic honey holes for rockfish. And if you're that close, then the shenandoah isn't far away either. As well as the chesapeake. Check out the reservoirs in central MD too.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is one of the best descriptions of the area i've found.

cadmunky on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For those of you who didn't know freshwater fishing in California has been totally fagged off

The state of California used to run an immensely popular and successful stocking program in almost every significant body of freshwater in the state

That is until last year when some idiot fucking hippies said "Hey man you just can't go throwing fish in the water without first running environmental impact reports." So they sued and won and now the only fish you can find worth fishing for in most freshwater lakes is bass. And bass doesn't taste anywhere near as good as trout does.

And our oceans here are so overfished the fishing seasons last maybe one month a year. The commercial season for Salmon this year lasted less than a week

So yeah fishing's pretty fucked here

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anosognos wrote: »
    My favorite fish:

spanish-mackerel.jpg

(Atlantic variety by common name, but they really mostly hang out in the Gulf of Mexico.)

They fight like a fish twice their size and are absolutely delicious.

Oh God yes, mackerels are mother fuckers and tasty to boot. My girl friend holds the current household record for biggest mackerel. Damn her eyes!

Oh course, ours look like this:

_binary?id=263

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man last year I went fishing for sturgeon for the first time. It was a fucking great time. Sit around, drink and smoke watching to see if your pole twitches then hang on for the ride if you get a big one. Didn't catch any keepers but hoping that changes this year.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited April 2011
    King mackeral tournaments fuck yes. Weigh em in and smoke the losers.

cadmunky on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've catch and released bluefish my entire life, what is this nonsense that they're hard to de-hook? They sell a multitude of tools that do just that.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    edited April 2011
    RedTide wrote: »
    I've catch and released bluefish my entire life, what is this nonsense that they're hard to de-hook? They sell a multitude of tools that do just that.

I have broken so many of these...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQPeOlkM9xwDA8CFCsZ6KHax2Oljc8izdTUq2Qee3AtXF8myIK

cadmunky on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cadmunky wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Well that's just not true. Plenty of spots outside the beltway, and inside as far as georgetown are some rather historic honey holes for rockfish. And if you're that close, then the shenandoah isn't far away either. As well as the chesapeake. Check out the reservoirs in central MD too.

I didn't mean the whole area where I live was a toxic wasteland. Just the Potomac where I am (20 miles south of D.C.)

(seriously, you can't walk along the shore without crunching a few needles intermingled with deformed frogs)

edit:

I'll be hitting up This 23 Acre Lake the 30th or 31st

Xaquin on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fletcher's Boathouse is the place to be in the DC area when the shad start to run.

Worthless to keep and eat, but fun to catch and release like crazy.

DrZiplock on
  • DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

DaltonCarl on