As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] - WoD of Darkness Game Over! Vampire Victory!

• Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alt_Raven to seal the deal. I think there's only like 5 people alive.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    alt raven

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MaxFrost, everything was so peaceful until you showed up.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Look, just because I've been quiet doesn't mean I'm mafia. In fact, its a pretty lame reason to target me.

Maxfrost

I'd do roman but I don't see a him as mafia. Max on the other hand for trying to pick up the wagon though.

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    samurai6966

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Still short one voter!

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Day has ended.

Sorry about the late close.

Narration will be a little bit

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Day 8 – Children of Caine Ascendant

Newspapers could get enough of Max Hawke's death. He was a contractor, and just about everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. First, his nail gun went off while Max was up on a ladder. The nail fired directly into a shovel, bouncing up into Max's leg. Max fell backwards off the ladder, landing on the ground with a solid snap. His body rolled down the small hill into the street. Lastly, Max was hit by a passing motorist.

It was as if Fate was saving it all up for one final push.

Roger hated it down here. He sloshed through the grey water, looking for the signs that he had been given. His directions hadn't made things easier. Things like “turn left at the half buried rat,” and “look for the broken floodlight.” It didn't help that there were dead rats and broken lights everywhere. Why exactly was he even down here? Why did he let Tock tell him where to go and what to do? Roger was getting really tired of people pushing him around. Maybe it was time for someone else to be giving the orders. Roger finally found the section of wall that he was looking for. He reached his hand into it, and pulled a lever. With a grinding sound, the wall began to slide. Behind the section of wall was a dark passage, Roger sloshed down the passage to a huge room.

Mr. Tock sat in a ripped and torn plush chair. Bits of stuffing littered the floor, molding and decaying. A seemingly perpetually moving swarm of rats brought little tidbits of information to Tock, and so he knew for a long time that Roger was coming. The Brujah made him nervous, there was something violent and dangerous there. He was also far more unpredictable that Tock liked.

It didn't matter, their business was done for now. The threat had been eliminated, the kine were scared, sheltering in their homes. It was time to move things forward.

Mr. Tock's ragged, disfigured face smiled.

Deaths
    Alt_Raven – Max Hawke Fate's last act
    CJ Iwakura – Steven GregoryKilled with inhuman strength
    Samurai6966 – Kevin J. MastersKilled with inhuman strength

The game has ended with victory going to the Vampires (mafia).

Thanks for playing everyone, feel free to share your role PMs. If not, I will post all of them upon request.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gahh! Another loss, oh well, this was a very fun game outherwise. Very good job with the narrations.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Boo, bad guess ftl.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for running it LoserForHireX!

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good game guys. Thanks for hosting LoserForHireX

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    8-)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Woooooooooooooooooo, huzzah for the

e691ca31a82ea050878d1271423e0322.gif

Thanks for running, LoserForHire!

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ah well. :( Sorry I missed the last day.

Final roster?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll take a big part of the blame for the loss here. I have no idea why my phony baloney phyphor wagon went anywhere but I guess I should be more careful with those. Honestly Phyphor, my only goal was to perk you up and see what you'd say or do. It ended up taking on a life of its own which was surprising to me. Sorry buddy.

I also got to be visible network head at the worst possible time. Right when I had to put in a hellish workday and leave town for most of Saturday to boot. If I'd been around I could have actually run some kind of games, maybe shake the wagons around a bit to see what came loose. As it was, those days ended up as a waste from a voting records perspective since I was AFK.

Sorry village. We'll do better next time.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It was a good effort, but too late after all those days of missed votes.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I would like to see role PMs for the powered people. I gather that the village had a lot of powers, I'd like to know what the mafia had to make up for it.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CHILL OF THE WINDSABRE FUCK YEAH

I had a pretty good aim this game. Way better than I usually do.

Also: Let this all be a lesson to you. Humanity never wins in World of Darkness.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I so called it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    All the vamps had two powers, and were able to use one each night. Even though three of us had the option to kill, we had could not use more than 2 kills, 1 seer, and 1 guard each day.

My role PM:
    You are Kathryn Davidson, Clan Toreador. You are one of the Kindred that live in Las Vegas. Life has been pretty good recently. However, things have changed. There is a lot of wilderness in Nevada, and that means Lupines. It seems like they have finally chosen to strike. Nothing must threaten your dominance in Vegas. While you normally abhor simply killing people, what must be done, must be done.

You will achieve victory when your Coterie of Kindred compose half of the village or more.

Once per day you may use one of the following powers. There is only one caveat, your entire coterie may only use 2 kills, 1 seer, and 1 guard in total.
    Presence – You may bring your supernatural majesty to bear, overwhelming your target with terror, or love. You pick. This will allow you to successfully prevent any attacks on your target.
    Auspex – You are gifted with sight beyond sight. By reading the auras of those around you, you can determine their true natures. Select a target, you can determine if they are simply a normal human or something more.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Isn't that Giovanni turf?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, I find it very funny that I almost got Fiaryn bandwagoned out on Day 1. We didn't get the list of other mafia-types until late in Day 1, so I was like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You are Roger McReady, Clan Brujah. You are one of the Kindred that live in Las Vegas. Life has been pretty good recently. However, things have changed. There is a lot of wilderness in Nevada, and that means Lupines. It seems like they have finally chosen to strike. Nothing must threaten your dominance in Vegas. While you normally abhor simply killing people, what must be done, must be done.
    You will achieve victory when your Coterie of Kindred compose half of the village or more.
    Once per day you may use one of the following powers. There is only one caveat, your entire coterie may only use 2 kills, 1 seer, and 1 guard in total.
    Potence – You are gifted with terrible strength. Select a target, they will be killed.
    Celerity – You are also gifted with supernatural speed. While this gives you offensive power, you can also use this power to intervene on behalf of someone else. Select a target, they will be protected by you and your speed.

Samurai6966 - Killed with inhuman strength
    Capfalcon - Killed with inhuman strength
    Sir Fabulous - Insides frozen, Killed with Inhuman strength
    Spoit - Killed with inhuman strength
    CaptainPlanet82 - Killed by inhuman strength
    real_pochacco - Killed with inhuman strength

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You are Anthony Smith, Judge. Once, you were like the rest of the people around you, blind. Your eyes have been opened though, and now you know that all manner of monsters stalk the night and prey on humanity. In Vegas, it's no different. Vampires, for lack of a better term, prowl the streets sucking the very life from the people around them. Werewolves, feral beasts that run rabid killing innocent people. They must be stopped, all of them. You have one compatriot, Kevin Donaldson. He is like you, a man with his eyes opened. You haven't met up with him yet though, so be careful.
    You achieve victory when both the Werewolves and Vampires are eliminated.
    Once per night you may select one of the following powers to use
    Discern – You can focus your second sight, identifying the manner of creature that you are looking at. Select a target, you will determine their manner of creature.
    Burden – You can pin down a target, rendering them incapacitated by your judgement. Select a target, they will not be able to act.

The death of your friend Kevin has enraged you. You now have an additional ability. You may choose to kill one person a night. Much like your other actions, you must pick one. You simply have 3 choices now instead of two.

I was just getting something resembling a network going when I got offed, along with my primary confederate real_pochacco.

Teucrian, did you have something to do with us getting boned? It seems strange that we both died immediately after I divulged our identities to you.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Your death is solely on my hands. White.

I picked you on a whim, damn be to any other suggestions given that night. You just seemed right :3

Also:
    You are Nathaniel Knudson, Clan Tremere. You are one of the Kindred that live in Las Vegas. Life has been pretty good recently. However, things have changed. There is a lot of wilderness in Nevada, and that means Lupines. It seems like they have finally chosen to strike. Nothing must threaten your dominance in Vegas. While you normally abhor simply killing people, what must be done, must be done.
    Dominate – By controlling the minds of the lesser creatures of the world you can treat them as your playthings. Select one person per night, they are unable to do anything other than your will, and will not use any abilities.
    Thaumaturgy – Blood sorcery. By using it you may manipulate the very forces of the universe. Select a target, they will be killed.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Near as I can tell ya'll got offed by vampires. I divulged your existence to the werewolves. So I think it wasn't me. But that was quite a coincidence.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Both Hunter kills were me :D

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why did we let D019 live so fucking long. Any why did you vote for me everyday?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ahhh

nice to be thought of as dangerous enough to be removed on day one.

good for the ego.

thanks for running you long haired hippie

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why did we let D019 live so fucking long. Any why did you vote for me everyday?

He was extermatott's seer target the night extermatott died.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All the vamps had two powers, and were able to use one each night. Even though three of us had the option to kill, we had could not use more than 2 kills, 1 seer, and 1 guard each day.

How many were there any way? Because that seems a bit powerful, even for a relatively large mini

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Five of us. Our biggest flaw was that, given that our kills were tied to very specific people, we had a lot of room to be crippled early on if things were out of our favor. If any two of me, Dunadan, or Roman died...that leaves the Mafia with only one kill. All of us die? Zero kills.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What about pochacco? The vamps only had two kills, the village wasn't voting for either of us, and the werewolves were semi-friendly. I had taken solace in the knowledge that if I got axed (and it was going to happen, I'm just no good at being unnoticeable), then pochacco would almost certainly survive and be able to share some info with the village. Btw teucrian asked me to seer capfalcon that night, which pochacco knew, and the narration sorta revealed the result.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    BTW,

son of a Donald duck.

I for one blame !Fiaryn, given the votes shifted off of him.

Was an attempt at a subtle callout to my hunter partner. You know, SON of a DONALD. Donaldson? Lucedes apparently didn't notice. I would have tried a more overt method the next day, but then he died :(.

And thank you for running the game Loser! Twas good.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mafia boards here:

http://nosferathree.proboards.com

I'd say we were a little strong, but not overtly so.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    huh. interesting comments.

ahwell, if my feelings were going to be hurt by a game, they would have long ago.

again, thanks for the ego boost, mafia. glad i can be a nice distractiong

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ahava what were you?

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    villager.

standard boring villager.

but apparently i'm too smart and chatty for my own good.

that and Fiaryn apparently hates me.

shame that knowing how to play a game gets you killed

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You are Sherry, Uktena Theurge. You are one of the warriors of Gaia. The Wyrm has infested this place. Leeches prowl the streets, surviving on pain and misery. Now is the time to cleanse this place. Hopefully none of the humans get in the way, but if they do, it's just unfortunate. Nothing must stand in the way of your mission.
    You achieve victory when the vampires are eliminated.
    Once per night you may use one of the following abilities
    Sense Wyrm – You are able to sense the energies of the wyrm, allowing you to identify it's minions. Select a target, you can determine whether they are a creature of the Wyrm.
    Fetish Doll – You may craft a doll in the image of someone. With that doll you can do all sorts of nasty things. Select a target, because of your torment they will be rendered totally unable to act.

I tried to seer you day one, and fiaryn day 2 but got killed by a hunter.

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg