As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Western Animation thread

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CN is currently playing a basketball game

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I miss Disney Afternoon.[/QU]

Go to your local comic shop and ask for the stuff being put out by Boom studios, most specifically this stuff...

http://www.boom-studios.com/chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-01-cover-a.html
    http://www.boom-studios.com/darkwing-duck-01-cover-a.html
    http://www.boom-studios.com/ducktales-1-cover-a.html

Matthew on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I'm almost kinda glad I never got around to checking out Titan now that I know it didn't get anything close to a proper ending.

Isn't it, like, the third series by Tartakovsky without anything close to a proper ending?

You'd think by now, it'd have stopped being surprising.

That's why I was reluctant to even watch Titan. I was already saddened by the lack of closure to Samurai Jack. :(

wasn't their reasoning for Titan being canned was that CN couldn't merchandise it or something? I know they had some lame excuse but I forget specifically what it was.

all I know is being unable to merchandise a monster of the week show with giant robots should be nigh-impossible

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm almost kinda glad I never got around to checking out Titan now that I know it didn't get anything close to a proper ending.

Isn't it, like, the third series by Tartakovsky without anything close to a proper ending?

That's why I was reluctant to even watch Titan. I was already saddened by the lack of closure to Samurai Jack. :(

wasn't their reasoning for Titan being canned was that CN couldn't merchandise it or something? I know they had some lame excuse but I forget specifically what it was.

all I know is being unable to merchandise a monster of the week show with giant robots should be nigh-impossible

Not merchandise it?

Are they blind to the toy possibilities of this show?

Of course, CN is a very one track mind network. And that mind is usually on their biggest hit. A few years ago everything was about Chowder and Flapjack, now everythings about Adventure time (plus there were those sad attempts at live action shows awhile ago, are they even still on?). Show like this just get run over by the big dogs.

Matthew on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

They had some lame excuse because it was an attempt to be nice. Titan as a show simply wasn't profitable for how much it cost, especially when you realise it got beaten regularly in whatever ratings we got by things way cheaper to produce. It changing timeslots around three times didn't help either.

Dac Vin on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    CN is currently playing a basketball game

...Space Jam?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited April 2011
    No it was a basketball game. They do pop up video type stuff during basketball games.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man Superjail just keeps getting better and better, this episode was great and next episode looks to be even better.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Naked Doctor in Flesh Monster was a strange direction for that to go. Then Mecha-Warden? Was totally awesome though.

SkutSkut on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Naked Doctor in Flesh Monster was a strange direction for that to go. Then Mecha-Warden? Was totally awesome though.

"Racist Arm, tighten your group, midget leg, widen our stance, black arm, Fire the Bazooka!"

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    is there a date for the samurai jack movie

Nerdgasmic on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

The 24th of Nevertember, sadly enough.

Sure, we say that Gennedy could do some fantastic stuff if he just left Cartoon Network and did stuff on his own, but the first time he did that we got the Astroboy movie. By most accounts that flick was pretty damn meh.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yalborap wrote: »
    enc0re wrote: »
    Last night I saw the trailer for Sym Bionic Titan on CN for the first time. Thought to myself that it's worth checking out. This morning I noticed the title on the last Western Animation thread. Did it get cancelled before it started? Could someone fill me in?

It's been on for a while now. Had an initial 20 episode order. Now that's all it's getting, and that order's almost used up.

Isnt it over? Wasnt 'a hero returns' the final episode? pretty sure that was number 20.

*sigh*. well they didnt wrap up the gallaluna story but at least they didnt end with a cliffhanger an octus in an unknown state.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I hate it when bad things happen to good animated shows. We can just throw it on the ever growing pile of wasted potential.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What if Space Jam had a sequel?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Can't be done. Every respectable active basketball player has at least 3 crazy tatoos on their arms.

tallgeeze on
    edited April 2011

True story: for years, WB execs kicked around the idea of doing Space Jam again, only with a different sport.

That sport? NASCAR.

I think there was also a pro wrestling-based Loony Tunes idea for a while.

cloudeagle on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »

True story: for years, WB execs kicked around the idea of doing Space Jam again, only with a different sport.

That sport? NASCAR.

Now they can do a crossover with Disney's Cars.

Couscous on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Space Jam is the perfect title, what would you call a wrestling or NASCAR Looney Tunes movie

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited April 2011
    The WWB and The Checkered Gag

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Space Jam is the perfect title, what would you call a wrestling or NASCAR Looney Tunes movie

Space Slam.

LockedOnTarget on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Space Slam obviously.

e: DAMMIT

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Sure, we say that Gennedy could do some fantastic stuff if he just left Cartoon Network and did stuff on his own, but the first time he did that we got the Astroboy movie. By most accounts that flick was pretty damn meh.

...except Genndy didn't make that movie? as far as I can tell, he worked on it for a little while, but left to work on the Dark Crystal sequel (which also hasn't happened yet)

Centipede Damascus on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Now this is somthing relevant to my interests. Especially if they went with Chikara's luchodore style instead of WWE's big men style.

What about a soccer version? It would probably bomb in the states but make gobs of money internationally.

Bedlam on
    edited April 2011

...except Genndy didn't make that movie? as far as I can tell, he worked on it for a little while, but left to work on the Dark Crystal sequel (which also hasn't happened yet)

Hm, a quick scan of IMDB shows you're right. That explains why the movie was pretty eh.

Actually, unless IMDB has some holes in it, Gennedy apparently couldn't get ANY project off the ground between Korgoth of Barbaria in 2006 and Titan in 2011. Now that's depressing.

Actually any mention of Korgoth and its horribly short life is pretty fucking depressing.

cloudeagle on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the failure of the proposed Dark Crystal sequel to get out of development hell over the last decade is incredibly depressing.

Centipede Damascus on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So Wakfu is appropriate for this thread right? Wakfu is awesome. I like the direction this season is going with revelations on the Eliatropes.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Who what when where why how?

Also: CN is showing Ben 10, the original. The one with the Kevin's first appearance.

Lord going back to this after AF/UA is like some weird retcon feeling. Kevin's design is rather... awkward. Like they worked backwards to make "Kid Kevin" from "Teenage Kevin" or something.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Go read that line again, Lanz.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Clearly, we need a movie about Micheal Jordan and the Loony Toons playing buzkashi. Or we could put Daffy in a cage and play pato.

Bagginses on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    man, that korgoth of barbaria show would have been so good

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Todays regular show was pretty good, as was Adventure time. If only it was Adventure Time- Regular Show- Mad- Problem Solvers, could get the 30 minutes of awesome out the way and change the channel or turn off the tv without having to watch "new" episodes of Mad.

SkutSkut on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MViking wrote: »
    So Wakfu is appropriate for this thread right? Wakfu is awesome. I like the direction this season is going with revelations on the Eliatropes.

Yes, and most assuredly so.

It is one of the few shows I look forward to every week, This season is shaping up so nicely and I really like the direction it is going. It is also refreshing to see characters actually IN a relationship and not having it be an odd thing.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are they only doing two seasons of Wakfu? I remember reading something about that.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Teriferin wrote: »
    Are they only doing two seasons of Wakfu? I remember reading something about that.

Yes but they're also doing a movie

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • OwlbatOwlbat Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just got around watching the second season of Wakfu. Episode 6 right now.
    So Yugo is an ancient badass and we're looking at the revival of his old super dragon party? Awesome.

Grovy's back, I'm happy but somewhat having conflicting feelings about it.

Owlbat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    Teriferin wrote: »

Yes but they're also doing a movie

Two 26 episodes seasons (one done, the other ongoing), a movie in 2014, and a few specials here and there (the Nox special for season 1, and next one has three hour long specials, including the Ogrest special coming this easter). And that's with all the Mini-Wakfu shorts and the assortment of comics set in the universe.

Dac Vin on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes, and most assuredly so.

It is one of the few shows I look forward to every week, This season is shaping up so nicely and I really like the direction it is going. It is also refreshing to see characters actually IN a relationship and not having it be an odd thing.
    I completely agree. Grovy and Eva's relationship is treated very well.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I find that this season is lacking
    A central villain, filled by Nox in the last season. Also, demons were the dragon's enemies, trapped in the dimension outside space/time with? the dragon children.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
This discussion has been closed.