This is a PbP game for the original Temple of Elemental Evil module. Thank you to Gary Gygax (R.I.P) and Frank Mentzer for creating the module, and TSR for publishing the T1-4 compilation.
This is the IC thread for the module. The OOC thread can be found here.
Please post at least once per day (except on Sat/Sun if you're not able) and post in the OOC thread or PM me if you're going to be away for an extended period of time, so that I can have someone else post for you, or we can make other arrangements. I want to keep the action moving as much as possible, so please make sure to try and keep up on posting. I don't want to have to remove anyone, and I'll be as leniant as possible.
In the tradition of DM'ing, I'm going to [STRIKE]plagiarize[/STRIKE] borrow liberally from TiamatZ's format for encounters, and therefore the next portion of this post might look strangely familiar to some:
For combat, I will provide the HP, AC and other defences
(as well as any special bonuses monsters receive e.g. +2 AC when standing next to each other) of the enemies present and you shall roll attack rolls. If you hit, roll damage and work that into your post. Also colour coded the monsters (makes it easier to work with, since most of you are newbies to the PbP format) by their border; red
are minions, green
are normal monsters, yellow
are elites and purple
are solos. So if you pop a daily on a red bordered monster you are going to feel really silly because it shouldn't last more than a single hit. Everyone will post their IC actions, with the rolls and results in SPOILER
I will use TalonRazor’s
idea (from the Legend of Novus PbP game). You must declare what you are doing in ORANGE
text. The rolls must be in RED BOLD
text and linked to the IC (or Orokos) roll. At the bottom of the post, still in spoiler tags, they shall post who is up next, in brackets and size 3
font that is GREEN
, and who is on deck. Here is an example template:
"Johnny Law swings his mighty fist, smacking the honest citizen in the face."
Standard Action: Basic Melee Attack
Move Action: Stand there
Attack Roll [1d20+4 = 16+4 = 20] Damage Roll [1d20+10 = 1+10 = 11]
[Up Next: Bobby Joe][On Deck: Chuck Norris] (or red for enemies)
For immediate interrupts, remember to post them with any criteria to follow in orange
as well. If one of your powers has an immediate interrupt ability, state that power as well as when to use it e.g. when a monster strikes me, I want to use power X (where X is the power with immediate interrupt, such as Wizard’s Shield utility power, or the Fighter’s No Opening Utility power).
The Intrepid Band of Adventurers
as Quinn Aldurath, Half-Elf "Paladin" of St. Cuthbert
- Quinn is littered with scars, both physical and mental. He has suffered at the hands of random violence, injustice, cruelty and depravity. Everything he had in his life was taken from him, and all that was left was pain. When even his life was on the verge of being taken, he was saved by an elderly devotee of The Cudgel, and finally saw justice delivered. Since then, he has devoted himself to seeking out and delivering the same justice to all manner of criminal.
as Faergus Winterkin, Dragonborn Paladin
- Faergus grew up as a boy orphaned twice, once by the mysterious beings who left him to be raised amongst men and second by the horde of orcs that razed his adopted village. Somehow, in spite of these tragedies, he grew up happy, underfoot a ragtag collection of refugees that became his new faimly. Pelor graced him with life and hope, and he followed that path into paladinhood. Now in Verbobenc, he investigates an alarming rise in banditry.
as Valesti Hurlsbaatt, Dwarven Ranger
- Although Valesti's father doted upon her, she had always known she was one average, unspectacular child among six other siblings, all boasting more extraordinary skills. After his death, her family was all too happy to usher her into the life of an adventurer and get her out of their way. Armed with skills and pride passed down from her father and grandfather, she sets out on a journey of self-discovery, traveling with the protection of a nearly forgotten god from her home in Ulek to nearby Verbobonc before settling in to decide her next move.
as Alfonse Palanso, Human Rogue
- All you can see is part of of a face under long hair. His cloak covers his body, and you don't notice anything particular about him. He is very quiet, can be sarcastic at times, and very cautious, so cautious, you could say he's paranoid. He has been looking for adventurers to help find his sister that has been kidnapped.
as Flight, Warforged Druid
- Amassed of a great many metallic beetles, an unknown directive drew them to the moathouse dungeon, where they met with the party. The many that make up Flight seek more of itself, for each missing part is a piece to its puzzle.
Those That Have Fallen
Bp1580 as Otinan Arborshade, Eladrin Wizard- Often prone to tempting Fate, Otinan wandered too far from the party... and was eaten by an ogre.
Orokos/Invisible Castle/MythWeavers Campaign Name