As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old [Entertainment] Thread is Old. Everyone GTFO!

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think Matt was going home until he asked "permission to speak?" right there at the end. Austen gave him this big speech about being more aggressive and the guy pipes up with that? I think you could see a vein exploding in his forehead.

The show as a whole isn't all that special, except for the last ten minutes. Stone Cold interrogating these kids on the chopping block and generally just making them shit bricks is great.

Maximum on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need to start watching this..

is it on wwe.com like NXT is?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    I think the web would be a lot better in general if people just started removing the comments functionality from everything.

It just lets the crazies think they have a foothold on the internet since they can get away with saying creepy/inane shit and there's so many comment pages that it's impossible to keep them all moderated.

Add in wrestling smarks and marks, and whoa boy

FyreWulff on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Tough Enough is way too scripted for me to give a shit about it.

JustinSane07 on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Goose! wrote: »

Vince McMahon was said to be furious at Sin Cara's botched entrance on RAW last week when he attacked Sheamus. When the botch happened on RAW last night, there were guys watching monitors in the back that were joking around that "that was it" for Cara and Primo would probably be fired out of spite.

jr91xu.gif

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Eh, I think Primo covered for it well. But lucha has tons of botches, they're usually just better at hiding them in fast-paced Mexico rather than the slower pace WWE style.

FyreWulff on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a longer Matt Cross exit interview on the TE website, and it pretty much confirms what I thought. He was scared that if he came in and started flipping around while everyone else was doing basic fundamentals, that he'd be branded as a showoff. Honestly, I can understand why he'd feel that way. The WWE has a tendency to send mixed messages. One moment they're all talking about how a wrestler needs to take charge and make his own opportunities, the next moment they're cutting guys off at the knees to "humble" them and making their product more and more scripted. I honestly feel that Matt would have probably ended up in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation anyway.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited April 2011
    I am gonna watch some Edge matches tonight.

What are some of everyone's favorite matches involving Edge?

As for one of mine I will say Edge Vs Undertaker HIAC. I was there live. What an awesome match.

THEPAIN73 on
  • SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I am gonna watch some Edge matches tonight.

What are some of everyone's favorite matches involving Edge?

As for one of mine I will say Edge Vs Undertaker HIAC. I was there live. What an awesome match.

One of my favorite Edge moments is from the first ECW One Night Stand.

It starts at about 5:32.

Skittlebrau on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Matt Hardy: "Heard Adam is retiring because of physical issues that won't allow him to safely continue wrestling. He'll be missed, we've certainly had our fair share of issues.. Both good and bad. But I tip my hat to Edge who is one of the greatest I've ever been in the ring with. Adam resides in NC now-sure I'll run into him down the road. Glad that him & I are in a good place. We came in as friends, & went out that way."

Pretty powerful tweet. I didn't think those two had made up (or ever would, for that matter).

Wow that is a surprise, I had no idea that they had made up at all either.

That's the one response I did not expect at all.

Cade on
    edited April 2011
    I think after Edge and Lita broke up they both agreed she was a slut and bro-hugged.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2011
    I think after Edge and Lita broke up they both agreed she was a slut and bro-hugged.

Actually I think all parties involved are cool with each other...well maybe not Edge's ex-wife. She's probably still pissed.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't talk about great Edge matches without mentioning the TLCs.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was thinking Edge and Cena had some good matches. There is always Rated RKO to look back on too. I liked the Edge/Foley Hardcore match at Wrestlemania. There were obviously spots where the match just stopped so they could set something up, IE the flaming table at the end, but for me it was a fun match.

Ya, at this point Matt, Edge and Lita are all back on good terms with each other. I think it was a year or two after the major incident happened they ended up working things out.

KurnDerak on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hardy's vs E&C vs Those Damn Dudleys were definately highlight reels. My favorite matches for all 3 teams came from the TLCs.

Psychotic One on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Watching Tough Enough - what the hell is up with this nonsense "Survivor" music? I feel like Jeff Probst is going to come out at any minute to stunner Stone Cold. The old TE format was infinitely better; in terms of pacing. Both I enjoy, but this one is way too dramatic when it doesn't need to be.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    edited April 2011
    Spoiler for SmackDown
    Christian gets the WHC shot at Extreme Rules after a battle royal.
    http://nodq.com/wwe/304665561.shtml

KurnDerak on
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Spoiler for SmackDown
    Christian gets the WHC shot at Extreme Rules after a battle royal.
    http://nodq.com/wwe/304665561.shtml
    In regards to this, I think it is super cool that
    we are guaranteed a first time World Champ (get that ECW shit out of here) at Extreme Rules. It is a shame that Edge has to retire now, but on the plus side, it's pretty great that a very-deserving guy is gonna have their chance to take the ball and run with it, whether it be Christian or Del Rio.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hulk Hogan needs to STFU. Edge did more wrestling in one fucking TLC match than Hogan did in his entire career and did it without 20 inch roid pythons. In conclusion, suck my unshrunken balls Hogan.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The comments actually made me angry, unless they are posted by a bunch of skillful trolls there are some wrestling "fans" with gigantic entitlement issues out there.

Entitlement issues?
    Matt Hardy: "Heard Adam is retiring because of physical issues that won't allow him to safely continue wrestling. He'll be missed, we've certainly had our fair share of issues.. Both good and bad. But I tip my hat to Edge who is one of the greatest I've ever been in the ring with. Adam resides in NC now-sure I'll run into him down the road. Glad that him & I are in a good place. We came in as friends, & went out that way."

Pretty powerful tweet. I didn't think those two had made up (or ever would, for that matter).

Indeed.

And wow, Edge lives in NC now? What a world... I used to live in NC, and now live in Toronto. :P

Kind of sucks that my odds of ever seeing him out and about somewhere remain so small.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The comments actually made me angry, unless they are posted by a bunch of skillful trolls there are some wrestling "fans" with gigantic entitlement issues out there.

Entitlement issues?

"I'm hoping that after a couple of months Edge is pulled back into the ring. He can self medicate or get other doctors opinion's. Maybe give us a few more years of wrestling."

"Lost a lot of respect for Edge tonight. He could take a little time off & be back. He has gotten a bit out of shape lately so it looks like it may just be rich & lazy syndrome."

They believe they are entitled to Edge killing himself for their pleasure.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It feels like everything they're setting up for Extreme Rules outside of Sin Cara and, now, Edge/Del Rio is just a rematch from Wrestlemania.

Lux on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well remember, the show after WM used to be called Backlash. People say, "Oh, it should end the feud", but it hasn't, at least for the big ones, for years. He Who Must Not Be Held Back, for example, actually continued his feud with HHH for two months afterwards. I remember because counting WM he got three clean wins at PPVs in a row against HHH, including Hunter's first loss in Hell In A Cell. Something similar happened with Batista; his gimmick after beating HHH at WM was that Hunter couldn't figure out how to beat him because he'd taught Batista everything.

Shadowen on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    See, here's my thing with Terry/Hogan.

I said in my reaction "fuck you, terry" and that's how I meant it.

I'm trying to separate the hulk hogan from my childhood (who was a fairly decent role model while we were growing up) to the Terry that I've come to figure out as an adult. For me, Hulk Hogan will always be the red and gold and the vitamins and Hulkamania and the best parts of childhood.

Terry, however, can go fuck himself senseless with his pythons.

lonelyahava on
    edited April 2011
    So yesterday I won a WWE prize pack. I got:

A Tough Enough t-shirt
    A WWE steel water bottle
    The True Story of Wrestlemania DVD
    and
    The Best of 2010 DVD

So fuck yeah. Gotta brag somewhere.

THEPAIN73 on
    edited April 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan needs to STFU. Edge did more wrestling in one fucking TLC match than Hogan did in his entire career and did it without 20 inch roid pythons. In conclusion, suck my unshrunken balls Hogan.

Well I can't quite agree with this. Go look for Hogan clips from the 70s into the mid 80s and the guy is quite the capable wrestler. It's just once he hit superstardom, he slowed his ring style to prevent injury.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2011
    Allied People Powered by Loathing Everything you stand for should still be around. It reminds me of the Union if anybody remembers that short lived stable with Test, Big Show, Foley, and Shamrock.

The way Ultimate Warrior addressed Hogan was awesome. HUL KOGAN

THEPAIN73 on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apropos, anyone else surprised that when Austin asked the TE kids "What do you see when you look in the mirror?", noone said "The Ultimate Warrior, which is weird because I'm the only one who can see him."?

David_T on
    cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
    edited April 2011
    Allied People Powered by Loathing Everything you stand for should still be around.

Daniel Bryan starts, gets beaten up after some mat wrestling, tags in Santino, 5 moves of wacky - teases the Cobra but gets ambushed, Mark Henry comes, in cleans house, slams opponent into position for Evans to hit Air Bourne for the win and massive crowd pop.

This is the easiest team to book evar.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Edge lives in Asheville and I actually got to meet and talk with him this weekend at Actionfest since he came to see Trish's movie premiere.

He was very down to earth and very gracious with all those who knew who he was... never even looked as if there was anything wrong. I hope everything works out for him.

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    edited April 2011
    He plans on going to San Diego.

He loves that city and the Chargers. (ugh)

THEPAIN73 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    He plans on going to San Diego.

He loves that city and the Chargers. (ugh)

Well at least San Diego can have a real champion in town.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2011
    David_T wrote: »
    Apropos, anyone else surprised that when Austin asked the TE kids "What do you see when you look in the mirror?", noone said "The Ultimate Warrior, which is weird because I'm the only one who can see him."?

xqmccm.gif

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Allied People Powered by Loathing Everything you stand for should still be around.

Daniel Bryan starts, gets beaten up after some mat wrestling, tags in Santino, 5 moves of wacky - teases the Cobra but gets ambushed, Mark Henry comes, in cleans house, slams opponent into position for Evans to hit Air Bourne for the win and massive crowd pop.

If you want a big crowd pop, have Santino hitting the Cobra followed by Air Bourne. Crowds love the Cobra.

KurnDerak on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some silliness:
    - WWE has an information sheet titled "The Language of WWE" that they send out to people that do international voice-overs for their TV shows in other countries. The sheet includes a list of "Incorrect Terminology" and a list of "Correct Terminology."

"The Language of WWE" reads like this:

"World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a publicly traded entertainment company (NYSE: WWE) that creates and delivers a weekly action soap opera to its passionate fans.

WWE has been a recognized leader in entertainment for more than 25 years and has developed into one of the most popular and sophisticated forms of global entertainment today.

As a global entertainment brand, the language that we use when communicating on WWE is critical.

Please ensure that you are familiar and employing the below, effective immediately. "

Here's a look at some of the terms:

* "Wrestling" or "catch" is banned. Some European countries still use the term "catch" to describe pro wrestling and "catchers" to describe wrestlers. "The Language of WWE" states that the following phrases are incorrect: "Wrestling is broadcast in 145 countries," or "Catch is broadcast in 145 countries." The correct terminology is: "WWE is broadcast in 145 countries."

* "Sports" is incorrect. "Entertainment or Action Soap Opera" is allowed. For example, "WWE is exciting entertainment" or "WWE is an exciting action soap opera" is allowed. In the last example, "action soap opera" is printed in bold, presumably to make sure there's no confusion.

* "Catchers" or "wrestlers" are not allowed. Incorrect examples are "Catchers are unique characters" or "Wrestlers are unique characters." The term "WWE Superstars" is allowed.

* "Athletes" or "Sportsmen" are now allowed either. WWE gives the following example to use: "WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess."

* The term "fight" is not allowed. Matches must be referred to as "match" or "bout."

* "Fighting" is also not allowed but the term "action" is.

"The Language of WWE" printout concludes with the following "Key Soundbytes":

* WWE is pure entertainment

* WWE is an action soap opera

* WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess

Goose! on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As someone that used to live a few blocks from Harley Race, grew up going to shows that Handsome's promotion put on up in St. Joseph, MO and loved the hell out of the territories, that shit just pisses me off.

I don't care, they're still wrestlers in my book.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited April 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »

If you want a big crowd pop, have Santino hitting the Cobra followed by Air Bourne. Crowds love the Cobra.

Oh come on, let's not make this a spot fest.

Alistair Hutton on

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    David_T wrote: »

http://i51.tinypic.com/xqmccm.gif

:^::^::^:

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    Some silliness:
    - WWE has an information sheet titled "The Language of WWE" that they send out to people that do international voice-overs for their TV shows in other countries. The sheet includes a list of "Incorrect Terminology" and a list of "Correct Terminology."

"The Language of WWE" reads like this:

"World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a publicly traded entertainment company (NYSE: WWE) that creates and delivers a weekly action soap opera to its passionate fans.

WWE has been a recognized leader in entertainment for more than 25 years and has developed into one of the most popular and sophisticated forms of global entertainment today.

As a global entertainment brand, the language that we use when communicating on WWE is critical.

Please ensure that you are familiar and employing the below, effective immediately. "

Here's a look at some of the terms:

* "Wrestling" or "catch" is banned. Some European countries still use the term "catch" to describe pro wrestling and "catchers" to describe wrestlers. "The Language of WWE" states that the following phrases are incorrect: "Wrestling is broadcast in 145 countries," or "Catch is broadcast in 145 countries." The correct terminology is: "WWE is broadcast in 145 countries."

* "Sports" is incorrect. "Entertainment or Action Soap Opera" is allowed. For example, "WWE is exciting entertainment" or "WWE is an exciting action soap opera" is allowed. In the last example, "action soap opera" is printed in bold, presumably to make sure there's no confusion.

* "Catchers" or "wrestlers" are not allowed. Incorrect examples are "Catchers are unique characters" or "Wrestlers are unique characters." The term "WWE Superstars" is allowed.

* "Athletes" or "Sportsmen" are now allowed either. WWE gives the following example to use: "WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess."

* The term "fight" is not allowed. Matches must be referred to as "match" or "bout."

* "Fighting" is also not allowed but the term "action" is.

"The Language of WWE" printout concludes with the following "Key Soundbytes":

* WWE is pure entertainment

* WWE is an action soap opera

* WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess

After reading that, I cannot facepalm hard enough. That's the kind of bullshit that pisses me off so goddamn much about the WWE ideology. Only Vince McMahon, only Vince McMahon, could come up with some fucked up backwards bullshit thinking like that.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png