As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old [Entertainment] Thread is Old. Everyone GTFO!

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    Some silliness:
    - WWE has an information sheet titled "The Language of WWE" that they send out to people that do international voice-overs for their TV shows in other countries. The sheet includes a list of "Incorrect Terminology" and a list of "Correct Terminology."

"The Language of WWE" reads like this:

"World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a publicly traded entertainment company (NYSE: WWE) that creates and delivers a weekly action soap opera to its passionate fans.

WWE has been a recognized leader in entertainment for more than 25 years and has developed into one of the most popular and sophisticated forms of global entertainment today.

As a global entertainment brand, the language that we use when communicating on WWE is critical.

Please ensure that you are familiar and employing the below, effective immediately. "

Here's a look at some of the terms:

* "Wrestling" or "catch" is banned. Some European countries still use the term "catch" to describe pro wrestling and "catchers" to describe wrestlers. "The Language of WWE" states that the following phrases are incorrect: "Wrestling is broadcast in 145 countries," or "Catch is broadcast in 145 countries." The correct terminology is: "WWE is broadcast in 145 countries."

* "Sports" is incorrect. "Entertainment or Action Soap Opera" is allowed. For example, "WWE is exciting entertainment" or "WWE is an exciting action soap opera" is allowed. In the last example, "action soap opera" is printed in bold, presumably to make sure there's no confusion.

* "Catchers" or "wrestlers" are not allowed. Incorrect examples are "Catchers are unique characters" or "Wrestlers are unique characters." The term "WWE Superstars" is allowed.

* "Athletes" or "Sportsmen" are now allowed either. WWE gives the following example to use: "WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess."

* The term "fight" is not allowed. Matches must be referred to as "match" or "bout."

* "Fighting" is also not allowed but the term "action" is.

"The Language of WWE" printout concludes with the following "Key Soundbytes":

* WWE is pure entertainment

* WWE is an action soap opera

* WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess

After reading that, I cannot facepalm hard enough. That's the kind of bullshit that pisses me off so goddamn much about the WWE ideology. Only Vince McMahon, only Vince McMahon, could come up with some fucked up tremendous athletic bullshit thinking like that.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Seriously? Can't even call them athletes?

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Allied People Powered by Loathing Everything you stand for should still be around.

Daniel Bryan starts, gets beaten up after some mat wrestling, tags in Santino, 5 moves of wacky - teases the Cobra but gets ambushed, Mark Henry comes, in cleans house, slams opponent into position for Evans to hit Air Bourne for the win and massive crowd pop.

This is the easiest team to book evar.

If you want a big crowd pop, have Santino hitting the Cobra followed by Air Bourne. Crowds love the Cobra.

Oh come on, let's not make this a spot fest.

Nah, a spot fest would be Cobra knocking someone prone into a World's Stongest Slam which leaves them prone for an Air Bourne which causes them to roll over from the impact right into a La Bell Lock. Though I do like that this apparently random team can have a string of finishers that really does work.

KurnDerak on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    DoomSong8 wrote: »
    Seriously? Can't even call them athletes?

That's them trying to avoid athletic commissions even further. The last thing Vince wants is for his wrestlers, er superstars be subject to state guidelines.

JustinSane07 on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan needs to STFU. Edge did more wrestling in one fucking TLC match than Hogan did in his entire career and did it without 20 inch roid pythons. In conclusion, suck my unshrunken balls Hogan.

Well I can't quite agree with this. Go look for Hogan clips from the 70s into the mid 80s and the guy is quite the capable wrestler. It's just once he hit superstardom, he slowed his ring style to prevent injury.

You have a point unfortunately I only saw the superstar Hulk and not much of the other Terry. But yeah I was harder than I needed to be.

Still think it's weird to foster a belief that wrestlers should work hurt and ignore doctor assessments. But I guess pro wrestling in general would be frowned upon by most doctors.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited April 2011
    Val Venis is getting mad at wrestling again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7SWb-lH86g

Oh sorry, mad at action soap opera again.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    David_T wrote: »
    Apropos, anyone else surprised that when Austin asked the TE kids "What do you see when you look in the mirror?", noone said "The Ultimate Warrior, which is weird because I'm the only one who can see him."?

This is seriously the best thing I read on the internet all day. A million internet bucks my good man!

noir_blood on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn poor J Mo can't catch a break, but he might catch the herp.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some silliness:
    70eyxs.gif

I can't wait for HHH to take over.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    God Val Venis is terrible.

JustinSane07 on
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some silliness:
    - WWE has an information sheet titled "The Language of WWE" that they send out to people that do international voice-overs for their TV shows in other countries. The sheet includes a list of "Incorrect Terminology" and a list of "Correct Terminology."

"The Language of WWE" reads like this:

"World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a publicly traded entertainment company (NYSE: WWE) that creates and delivers a weekly action soap opera to its passionate fans.

WWE has been a recognized leader in entertainment for more than 25 years and has developed into one of the most popular and sophisticated forms of global entertainment today.

As a global entertainment brand, the language that we use when communicating on WWE is critical.

Please ensure that you are familiar and employing the below, effective immediately. "

Here's a look at some of the terms:

* "Wrestling" or "catch" is banned. Some European countries still use the term "catch" to describe pro wrestling and "catchers" to describe wrestlers. "The Language of WWE" states that the following phrases are incorrect: "Wrestling is broadcast in 145 countries," or "Catch is broadcast in 145 countries." The correct terminology is: "WWE is broadcast in 145 countries."

* "Sports" is incorrect. "Entertainment or Action Soap Opera" is allowed. For example, "WWE is exciting entertainment" or "WWE is an exciting action soap opera" is allowed. In the last example, "action soap opera" is printed in bold, presumably to make sure there's no confusion.

* "Catchers" or "wrestlers" are not allowed. Incorrect examples are "Catchers are unique characters" or "Wrestlers are unique characters." The term "WWE Superstars" is allowed.

* "Athletes" or "Sportsmen" are now allowed either. WWE gives the following example to use: "WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess."

* The term "fight" is not allowed. Matches must be referred to as "match" or "bout."

* "Fighting" is also not allowed but the term "action" is.

"The Language of WWE" printout concludes with the following "Key Soundbytes":

* WWE is pure entertainment

* WWE is an action soap opera

* WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess
    11vsjdj.jpg

Ruins on
    ach.png
    edited April 2011
    Watching Smackdown: Booker then Cole just said "fight".

Also, you non gif posting fools need to get on the bandwagon.

Oa6MH.gif

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i'm sorry, I just have to laugh at that.

because for years, years, when people have asked me why i like to watch wrestling, I always said because it was addicting, like a soap opera with violence.

i never expected vince to be bugging my internets..

lonelyahava on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't have a soap opera with out drama!

BD%20Choke.gif

Psychotic One on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    From the Observer:
    There are major changes in store for the company. We’ll have more on this next week, but Vince McMahon is attempting to change the company from a wrestling company, or sports entertainment company, to an entertainment company that goes beyond the scope of wrestling. To do so, in what may be his final act, he said he is going to go on a spending spree and buy entertainment properties. He noted that he was going into debt financing to make these purchases. WWE has never tried to use debt leverage, which is how the UFC is financed. This greatly changes the future of the company. WWE may have been in a position where the growth may be limited in the future because of the lack of finding that next Rock or Steve Austin, but its future for a number of years was very secure due to cash on hand and running a business with so many revenue streams that it has remained strongly profitable even at times when the product didn’t fully connect. But instead of going with a pat fairly stable hand, Vince is going to gamble and go into non-wrestling related businesses. His track record in those businesses is not good, but perhaps he feels he’s learned. Among the things he’s talked about is outsourcing the company’s production team, and doing the television station which had been known. The one immediate thing going into debt for purchases and spending the large amount of cash on hand will force the company to drop its huge dividend. That will in turn drop the stock price, which was propped up by the strong dividend. The stock fell to $11.61 at press time after McMahon made the announcement last week. The dividend has not been sustainable over the long haul because the quarterly profits had been less than the dividend in virtually every quarter, but because the company had so much cash on hand, largely stemming from initially going public, they were able to do what many considered a gimmicked dividend.
    There was a lot of post-WrestleMania finger-pointing for all of the problems with the show. The general belief among what appears to be the majority in the company was that it was a great spectacle live, but from a booking standpoint and wrestling standpoint, aside from HHH vs. Undertaker, the show was not close to WrestleMania level. The two matches that took the most criticism were Cena vs. Miz and Lawler vs. Cole. In Cena vs. Miz, although they had a bad match, the problem was more how it was laid out to begin with, between the flat double count out finish, and then coming back and going immediately into the finish. Then Cena wasn’t even acting like he was upset by it the next day. The Rock-Cena dynamic that wound up, instead of creating a repeat of the 2002 Hogan vs. Rock moment, ended up with Rock actually getting booed for putting over Cena. Cena was both kind of criticized but more sympathized with on what happened. The feeling among several who have been in the position was that Cena should have been able to figure out that his Mania creative was crap and had it changed, noting that the top guys in almost every era would have. Cena apparently did complain to others about it, but didn’t ask for it to be changed. The feeling was that Cena, the guy who had to carry the company as the top face, came out of everything both unpopular and also secondary, and that the title also came off as secondary since the match and finish hurt both Cena and Miz. Still, it wasn’t the finish that did that, but the whole issue of the public not buying Miz at that level and lack of emphasis on the title. The title was in no way shape or form part of the draw in the match, which the only thing people cared about was what Rock would do to Cena and/or Miz at the end. There was also the feeling that Rock screwed Cena, and then instead of Cena looking for revenge, he got nothing back other than the handshake and endorsement that the public rejected. And now he has to carry the company again.
    Dean Malenko also got a great deal of heat because he was the agent who laid out Lawler vs. Cole with the long heat spot on Lawler which ended up killing the match. But the issue is timing. Whoever timed out the show and booked that match to go 14:00 was the problem. For the match going that long, there had to be a longer heat spot or else you just have Vince vs. Bret Hart, which was even worse. Both years because they promoted the match so heavily, matches that should have been kept short were given way too much time given the limitations physically of the people in the match.
    Jim Ross, as noted last week, was called at about 6 p.m., or three hours before Raw started, to come to the Phillips Arena. He wrote that he had purchased an expensive new suit. As Vince likes to do, he had Michael Cole spray barbecue sauce all over the suit. Ross did write that the suit was ruined. Vince has on more than one occasion done that. He had wrestlers brawl on and ruin Howard Finkel’s car years ago that Finkel had just bought. Most likely after getting his jollies, the company will pay Ross back for his suit.

Cade on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vince is such a fucking douche.

Kyougu on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hahaha

Vince McMahon
    King of the Dicks

Sweeney Tom on
    edited April 2011
    I think Vince has gone mad without competition. Didn't he only really get into non-wrestling things when there wasn't a serious wrestling competitor out there?

KurnDerak on
    edited April 2011
    Vince has wanted a legit business that was not wrestling for years now, only all his previous attempts have failed via one method or other, so he is trying to take his one constant success and make it into something other then what it is so he can say he succeeded. In his own mind at any rate, the guy is an egomaniac.

Cade on
    edited April 2011
    Aside from XFL what all has he tried and failed at? I assume WWE Pictures was also chalked up as a failure as most of the releases now are one week in theaters then DVD release.

KurnDerak on
    edited April 2011
    The restaurant in Time Square, his body building organization in the 80's I think it was and I swear there was something else besides the XFL.

Cade on
    edited April 2011
    Also, someone give a brief explanation of what debt leveraging is. I am quite curious as to how bad this could go if it doesn't work out. Or he could pull a Sony and this could be his Blu-Ray.

Edit: You missed his hockey team apparently.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Other business dealings

In the early 1980s, McMahon briefly promoted ice hockey in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts. His Cape Cod Buccaneers played at the Cape Cod Coliseum and were founding members of the Atlantic Coast Hockey League, an AA circuit. Historically, the ACHL is considered a forgotten link between the rough and tumble loops of the 1970s like the NAHL, lampooned in the classic movie Slap Shot, and today's more credible East Coast Hockey League.[citation needed] When all prospective investors, including the NHL's Boston Bruins (who once used the Cape Cod Cubs as a farm team), either balked at the idea of placing a new franchise at a venue with a mediocre track record or simply could not pay the entrance fee, he had to step in to ensure the building (which he owned) would have a main tenant. Amid tensions with other owners, McMahon soon withdrew his support. He folded the franchise in early 1982, before the league's first season had even ended.

In 1990, McMahon announced the formation of a new bodybuilding magazine entitled Bodybuilding Lifestyles. This magazine would prove to be the forerunner of the World Bodybuilding Federation, which was also spearheaded by McMahon and Titan Sports. Despite signing big-names in the world of professional bodybuilding, the venture ultimately proved unpopular with both bodybuilding enthusiasts as well as WWF fans and closed down in 1992.

In October 1999, McMahon led the WWF in an initial public offering of company stock. On March 23, 2001, he purchased the fading WCW for $5 million. Three days later, his “victory speech” was simulcast on both WWF Raw and WCW Nitro.

In 2000, McMahon again ventured outside the world of professional wrestling by launching the XFL. The league eventually began in February 2001 with McMahon making an appearance at the first game. The league, however, quickly folded after lack of publicity. In the summer of 2003, McMahon acquired Extreme Championship Wrestling in bankruptcy court, leaving McMahon and the WWF as the only major wrestling promotion left in North America.

In 2010, McMahon announced plans to launch a brand new cable network by summer 2011

KurnDerak on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Still think it's weird to foster a belief that wrestlers should work hurt and ignore doctor assessments. But I guess pro wrestling in general would be frowned upon by most doctors.

I think it's a combination of that old-school "you play hurt" mentality and bitterness that these "kids" can now actually retire from wrestling at a decent age without having to dope themselves up and get more and more and more surgeries until they've got a hundred pounds of metal inside them and can barely walk. The names he rattled off in that tweet were sad as hell - especially Curt Hennig, who "worked hurt" to the point where the painkillers he took to keep going and the harder drugs they led to killed him.

Hogan's a sad old broken-down heap, and by god if he has to be, everyone else does too.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love how when I come to post observer quotes I get beat every time.

But this was my favourite, re:Miz's concussion.
    Observer wrote:
    The company starts its annual post-Mania European tour with as limited a headline crew as they’ve ever taken. Miz hasn’t wrestled since Mania but on Raw said that he has passed his Impact testing (that’s the name of the concussion testing set up by Dr. Joseph Maroon to determine whether a guy can go back to the ring, not a quiz on what happened on being able to make sense out of Impact, because if you had to do that nobody would ever get cleared) so is expected to wrestle on the tour.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Val Venus speaks out on the Morrison/Trish situation:
    I've always been really nice to Johnny and Melina. I've always been really nice to them. I don't respect Johnny at all. And, you know, there are several reasons for that. And now, after snubbing Trish for supposedly taking Melina's spot at WrestleMania. You know what? Screw it. The reality of the situation is Melina, it's not your spot! It's Vince McMahon's spot and he's going to put in that spot whoever will be doing the best for the company and it's ain't you, ah-ah! It's Trish! You think you're on the same level as Trish, Melina? Come on! All that respect I might have had for you, which honestly was just a little bit, is completely thrown out the freakin' window now!

The reality is, your boyfriend Morrison is nothing but a chump ass bitch who has zero nuts! Zero nuts! What is it? First it's Mike Knox, then it's Batista? And the whole time Morrison goes on like, "It's not really happening. It's just, she doesn't really cheat on me." You're a freakin' ho Melina! You know what, I'm not even going to say freakin' anymore, you're a fucking slut, period! And Morrison you wanna go out there, and Melina, and snub, my t-dot girl Trish? Come on!

Melina, you're not the same level as Trish. If you want that spot so much, why instead of taking it out on Trish and saying, "uhhh she took my spot," why don't you think, "Hmmm... Vince chose Trish for that spot. How can I better improve my charisma, my in-ring ability, my marketability. So that the next time Vince decides to choose someone for a certain spot, you'll choose me." It's called competition. It's called free market competition Melina. But no, you can't handle that. You think you're owed that spot, you ain't owed nothing!

And then Morrison, you're going to walk around like Batista didn't tag your girl? You're going to walk around like Mike Knox didn't tag your girl? By the way, how does Mike Knox taste? How does Batista taste? How does, God knows how many other guys she's banged right under your nose. In fact, it wasn't even under your nose! You just pretend it was under your nose! You know the whole time it was fucking going on! God dang! So all and all, while you walk around snubbing Trish, a future Hall of Famer, you try and turn a ho into a house wife! Melina's nothing more than a glorified ring rat. I have zero respect for you Morrison.

And you know what? We're going to run into each other at some point in time. I'll walk right up to you with my chin stuck out and you either chin me, or beat it! But the reality is, you ain't got the balls to chin me! Cause the reality is, Trish has proven time and time again, to the entire world for that matter, that she has way bigger balls than you'll ever have.

Keep trying to turn that ho into a house wife! Fuck you Melina! Fuck you Morrison! Trying to knock my t-dot girl Trish, who actually earned a spot! God dang!

Also:
    The original plan for Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 27 was to have The Bella Twins in Sheamus’ corner and Gail Kim in Bryan’s corner but it doesn’t look like that will be happening. There was even talk of adding Ted Dibiase to the match at one point before plans were scrapped, which would have had Gail, The Bellas, and Maryse all at ringside. There has also been recent pushes by Stephanie McMahon to add Evan Bourne to the match, but Vince is said to be dead set against it, as he feels Evan isn’t big enough to even be considered for mid or upper card status. Bourne has been a hot button topic between the two McMahons for about a year now. Vince sees him as nothing more than a jobber to get others over, while Stephanie and her husband see a potential gold mine, as they feel he could potentially be the next Jeff Hardy, but without all the baggage.

Cade on
    edited April 2011
    Dammit Vince, die already so Bourne can get a push.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bourne, Brian, Sin Cara, and Justin Gabrial in a TLC match would be dreamy.

So much fucking flippy shit and heads being kicked in.

Psychotic One on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't understand how you cannot see the potential that the kid has. I mean, he has it in spades. He's a tiny guy who will fly around the ring and do what you have Sin Cara and Rey doing and be just as amazing.

I don't want to make the Hardy comparison, because that seems like bad juju, but still.

Bourne can get people on their feet, interested in a match and excited. Isn't that what you want? people interested in what's going on?

lonelyahava on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On the bright side, Bourne's not getting much work means that if he can hang on to employment until Vince retires and HHH and Stephanie try to push him to the fucking moon, he will be in fantastic shape for his age and profession just as he's about to enter the "paid his dues so he gets the good stuff" section of his career combined with the "long overdue push" portion of his career.

He could be fucking huge. (No offense intended. :P)

Shadowen on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't understand how you cannot see the potential that the kid has. I mean, he has it in spades. He's a tiny guy who will fly around the ring and do what you have Sin Cara and Rey doing and be just as amazing.

I don't want to make the Hardy comparison, because that seems like bad juju, but still.

Bourne can get people on their feet, interested in a match and excited. Isn't that what you want? people interested in what's going on?

Vince is just really obsessed with.. hugeness.

FyreWulff on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aside from XFL what all has he tried and failed at? I assume WWE Pictures was also chalked up as a failure as most of the releases now are one week in theaters then DVD release.

I believe that's by design. I remember reading/hearing that they do quick turn around on DVD release to capitalize on sales there (which are usually more than the Box Office earnings, or some such).

Goose! on
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't forget the bodybuilding league or whatever.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Vince is just really obsessed with.. hugeness.
    That's explains Mason Ryan.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vince must be a huge Tom of Finland fan.

(If you don't already know who that is, you'll probably not want to google it. Heads up.)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    facetious wrote: »
    Vince must be a huge Tom of Finland fan.

(If you don't already know who that is, you'll probably not want to google it. Heads up.)

I googled it anyway.

:oops:

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited April 2011
    Vince always was into the big muscle bound men, if it meant steroiding them up that's just another cost. If they came natural big, that was great! They always tended to go over the little guy, unless san big men fell out of favor with Vince.

The only reason I can imagine that the Big Show didn't ever exactly get the best of pushes is because WCW made "the giant" in the first place and as we can imagine the only greater crime then you being a little man in a big man's world it's if some other group made you famous first.

Cade on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also, someone give a brief explanation of what debt leveraging is.

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. The company will be taking out loans (probably through the issuance of corporate bonds) to fund operations in the hope that they generate enough additional revenue to pay back at least the interest on the loans.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited April 2011

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. The company will be taking out loans (probably through the issuance of corporate bonds) to fund operations in the hope that they generate enough additional revenue to pay back at least the interest on the loans.

So...paying their goddamn bills?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

So...paying their goddamn bills?

They are currently paying their goddamn bills out of cash on hand. They have a pile of cash underneath a throne that McMahon sits on, then peon's come in with buckets filled with money from merchandising, TV deals, gate receipts, PPV buys and pour it onto the pile. Then people who Vince owes money too come along and take cash from the pile.

McMahon wants a bigger throne and to do so he's going to contact a construction company to come in with a dumper truck full of cash and dump it under his throne. The McMahon is going to take that cash and pay a throne maker to make him a whopping great big serious throne that has nothing to do with wrestling and everything to do with drama and entertainment. The only trouble is that the construction company has left a great big hole in the ground next to the new throne. Now when the peon's come in with their (hopefully larger) buckets of money they will have to throw a portion of it down the hole before they dump it under the throne. Then in five to ten years their better be a pile of cash under the throne as big as the one the construction company dumped otherwise Vince will find he needs to break down his throne for parts and sell it off otherwise he might suffer an unfortunate "accident".

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited April 2011
    Just watched Breaking the Code. I would say that is one of the best wrestler DVDs I've seen thus far.

It also made me realize that I have been talking wrestling on these forums for near 4 years now. It is weird to go back and see moments and go "Hey, I remember people talking about that" or "Oh, ya, I remember that being talked about a month before he came back".

KurnDerak on