As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All Passes are now SOLD OUT! Anticipation for badges starts now!

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got my tickets and a hotel booked, just have to look at plane tickets. It's going to be my first PAX, woohoo!

Swae on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Last year a Large group of my friends and I did group discount, who do I email about that this year?
    (has cleaned out email since then)

email [email protected]

zerzhul on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chocobros.com booked our hotel and PAX registrations last night

now it's just odd to think about prepping for the road trip from Canada

T4CT on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ordered my passes last night. I can't wait!

Clix on
  • Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    causabon wrote: »
    Csifreak86 wrote: »
    I cant get my tickets till next friday when its pay day God i hope 3 day passes dont sell out by then

Calm down a little. Last year the 3-day passes didn't sell out until mid-July, and the 1-days took another month. Even if they sell a bit faster this year, you have months of time.

Thank you :D that makes me feel a little better i work at it last year so i didnt have to worry about tickets and I didnt know if these sold out fast like blizzcon did lol just glad to know that come friday there will still be 3 day passes :D

Csifreak86 on
  • CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    T4CT wrote: »
    now it's just odd to think about prepping for the road trip from Canada

I suggest you leave a bit early and go through Vancouver and then down HW99/I-5. Bunch of beautiful sights.

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!
  • TrooTroo Coast of WA stateRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm hoping this is the appropriate place to ask this and that I'm not being annoying by asking. :) I can't seem to get any messages through to my Enforcer buddy to ask him.

This is the first time I've applied to be an Enforcer and I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait to hear back about whether I will be chosen or not. I applied today. I'm a bit nervous about not buying a 3-day pass during the wait to find out, but I don't have the extra cash to buy one and then stress about trying to find someone to buy it from me if I don't need it. Will it be days? Weeks? Months? Thanks for any info!

Troo on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Troo wrote: »
    I'm hoping this is the appropriate place to ask this and that I'm not being annoying by asking. :) I can't seem to get any messages through to my Enforcer buddy to ask him.

This is the first time I've applied to be an Enforcer and I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait to hear back about whether I will be chosen or not. I applied today. I'm a bit nervous about not buying a 3-day pass during the wait to find out, but I don't have the extra cash to buy one and then stress about trying to find someone to buy it from me if I don't need it. Will it be days? Weeks? Months? Thanks for any info!

you should hear back in a couple weeks, however, you should have a couple months before you have to worry about passes selling out. If you keep an eye on the official PAX twitter & the forums, you'll get an idea of when passes are starting to become scarce.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited April 2011
    Thank you so much. This helps the stress level quite a bit.

Troo on
  • ChrisManjiChrisManji Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. 3-day tickets for myself and the fiancee.

I don't know what it is, but something tells me that August 25th-28th is going to be the BEST THREE DAYS EVER. :lol:

ChrisManji on
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    pass bought, next step find flight and hotel room

edit: flight is now booked

blAAAm!!! on
  • TiltedHatTiltedHat Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Just bought my tix. w00t

TiltedHat on
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3day badge bought, hotel reserved, and [E] application submitted. (I know I get in free as [E] but I wanted to be sure :P plus I know people I can sell the badge to.)

Nullzone on
  • JondarJondar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ChrisManji wrote: »

I don't know what it is, but something tells me that August 25th-28th is going to be the BEST THREE DAYS EVER. :lol:

probably shouldnt mention that around the fiancee lol

Jondar on
  • oxfroggyoxfroggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jondar wrote: »
    ChrisManji wrote: »

probably shouldnt mention that around the fiancee lol

PAX always beats my wedding as the best days ever, hands down. :P

oxfroggy on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I grabbed my tickets last friday right after the registration opened, and booked hotel on saturday. Going with a friend, first time for both of us. There are no words to describe my excitement.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oxfroggy wrote: »
    PAX always beats my wedding as the best days ever, hands down. :P

Because it happens every year!

(What? I have an anniversary every year too?! Huh. PAX is still better)

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Woooo and the excitement stirs. Drop it like it's hot! [(Nerds Unite) -buy pax tickets before your friends] - achievement unlocked.

Sarahstrasza on
  • MordoredMordored Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mordored is returing to PAX!!! Looking forward to seeing you all again and am eagerly waiting for the BYOC to open it's pearly gates to my registrating(lolz) fingers. I may even work on a new button for this year!. Hope this post finds you all in good spirits.

Mordored

Mordored on
    I lick toads. Nuff said!
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in! Let the anticipation begin!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • JakeotakuJakeotaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CAN. NOT. WAIT.

PAX is going to be excellent this year!!! (But isn't it always!?) This year I'm leaving a whole week ahead to get my bearings before PAX Dev and PAX Prime! Gotta love a 2,000 mile drive!

Jakeotaku on
  • ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't wait. This is going to be my first PAX. Going to purchase my tickets some time this week. Need money. I've been to Blizzcon a couple times + comic con but PAX looks amazing.

Chichen on
  • JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just got my three 3-Day badges and I'm just so insanely happy and can not wait for PAX this year. I was not going to go but it has become a yearly tradition for me and my friends.

Jeppy on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Despite the fact that I only can attend PAX East each year at this point (to my eternal sadness), I've gotta say, the tweet from the official twitter I just got rattles my brain. PAX Prime is still 121 days out, and according to it, 3 day passes will sell out in about 15 days. This must be some kind of new record. I noticed that PAX East sold out slower this year thanks to the massively upgraded venue, but PAX Prime just seems to go faster and faster this year, perhaps it's time for them to find themselves a larger shell to put their proverbial hermit-crab rear into?

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If I'm not mistaken the WSCC is the largest convention centre in Washington. So they would have to move to a different state which I don't see them doing.

They'll probably just keep taking over more venues.

Wormdundee on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    https://twitter.com/#!/Official_PAX/status/63298033122684930
    PAX wrote:
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but based on current sales trends, we're going to sell out of PAX Prime 3-day badges in about... 15 days.

zerzhul on
  • SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no idea if it's a record, but it sure made my friend buy his really fast. :P

Silvertwinn on
    edited April 2011
    Dagnabbit.. still waiting to hear back about Enforcer-ness. I guess I'll just have to spend the money I don't have to spend just in case.

Troo on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you get accepted, you can either cancel your ticket on the registration page or just sell it to someone on here.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited April 2011
    I could have worded that differently. :) With everyone I've talked to pointing towards a July-ish sellout I actually went ahead and paid my bills. Now I don't have enough money to get a pass in the next 15 or less days. So at this point I have to hope to get chosen or hope I can find a friend who would be willing to help me out before they sell out.

Troo on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pass sales will most likely see a moderate bump from this news, accelerating the sell out.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Zer078Zer078 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    this starting to become like blizzcon
    cant go this year due to college starting early this year

Zer078 on
    PAX EAST: 3 day pass
    Pc gamer for life
  • Jason00Jason00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not even sure if I can go yet, but I guess I will buy my pass tonight just in case. I had a great time last year, but I need a new car and free shirts and demos are not going to get me to work :P

Jason00 on
  • EmerezEmerez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no idea if it's a record, but it sure made my friend buy his really fast. :P

Same here, makes me wonder how long they were going to wait before that prompt...

Emerez on
  • ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just bought 5 passes. Can't wait.

Chichen on
  • GameOver!GameOver! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thank God, I got my three day badges. I wasnt about to let them sell out on me again.

GameOver! on
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bought mine on Tuesday. :)

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • fizzywixfizzywix Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Picked up my badge, thanks for the warning, pushed me over the fence.

fizzywix on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was holding off to see what some assorted friends were up to but didn't expect the sell out warning to happen that fast so fuck it, I got mine!

On the plus side, if it turns out Imma be rolling out solo I'll definitely be opening my hotel room up to the community. 21+ only though due to alcohol (Yes, I will be wanting to check IDs. I don't want any potential problems).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think the announcement of Halofest probably pushed a lot of people to get badges. Glad i got mine early

blAAAm!!! on