As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

People are People [Life Lessons]

• LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Man all this talk of big noses and long faces makes me sad. :(

Don't fret, one of my female friends that likes long hair also likes long faces and big noses. Bonus points if you're a red head too. Too bad for Daric she hates people with shitty attitudes and superiority complexes.

Linksville on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    are koshian and linksville being facetious or what

why do people put up with this

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    no they're just buttholes

Clint Eastwood on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    no, facetious is playing singed bro

PiptheFair on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Another life lesson, this time from my dad

"You can say whatever you want about me. you can kick my ass, you can do anything.

but you say one thing, or lay one finger on my woman, and all hell will fucking break loose."

You know attitudes like this kind of annoy me really.

Then again I'm gay so what do I know.

No they are irritating to me as well

i hope its not the 'my woman' thing thats getting to you. really all that means is 'my loved one'.

i see it as, i will protect my loved ones with every tool i have. which, yeah, i will, if somebody is frontin' on the people i love, i'm gonna front right back.

It's just that usually when I hear that, it's macho crap about how a real man kicks the crap out of someone who is friendly with his wife or something like that, which is overly aggressive bullshit and I don't like it.

yeah, no, fuck those guys. im talking people being insulting and hurting my loved ones. i am confident and at ease in my relationship of 6 years enough that i don't really feel threatened by anyone in regards to that.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SoaL wrote: »

Hm what was Linksville doing?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited April 2011
    long hair is stupid

i regret my years with long hair

trufacts

PiptheFair on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

"You can say whatever you want about me. you can kick my ass, you can do anything.

but you say one thing, or lay one finger on my woman, and all hell will fucking break loose."

i hope its not the 'my woman' thing thats getting to you. really all that means is 'my loved one'.

i see it as, i will protect my loved ones with every tool i have. which, yeah, i will, if somebody is frontin' on the people i love, i'm gonna front right back.

This might come across a little arrogant, so you're all free to dismiss me entirely but here goes. God help the man who fucks with my family. I am obsessive-compulsive and I will focus all my energies on dismantling whatever you have engineered to damage my family. There will be no reconciliation.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I don't recognize your avatar, so I can't tell if you're new or not

but a lot of people just jump on me every time I post in an attempt to get under my skin
    some times it works but most of the time it's just hilarious

because this dude is seriously trying to tell people that long hair is better than the classic high & tight

Edit: I just realized I haven't gotten one of those server errors in a while, did they fix those?

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Careful guys he's got OCD, haven't you ever seen Monk?

(But really what would someone 'engineer' to damage your family?)

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm starting to believe Pip is my personal antithesis.

Or that he just hates everything.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    long hair is stupid

i regret my years with long hair

trufacts

i also regret my years of posting on here. whoops

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2011
    Ferrus wrote: »
    I'm starting to believe Pip is my personal antithesis.

Or that he just hates everything.

I'm gay

PiptheFair on
  • MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Evil plots? Evil plots involving dangerous machines, for a more precise use of the word?

MagnumCT on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Simply my style of wording getting in the way.

Lets say a person attempted to damage my family through legal intimidation or a lawsuit, I would be hitting the books looking for precedent to countersue night and day.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
    edited April 2011
    Just because long hair didn't work for you doesn't make it awful.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's just that usually when I hear that, it's macho crap about how a real man kicks the crap out of someone who is friendly with his wife or something like that, which is overly aggressive bullshit and I don't like it.

This one guy I was talking to told me a story of back in the day he was at the club with his girl of a few years. This other guy comes up and kisses her on the cheek, seeing this the girls dude just punches him in the face and bowls him over.

The dude had friends though, and they got really pissed about seeing their friend get socked like that. They approached him with all sorts of hostility, fearing for himself he pulled out his sidearm and shot five of them. Ended up going to prison for a number of years.

I don't let people push me into a fight, by goading me or even someone I know. In fact I don't even know how to react to situations like that without just walking away, as usually I become flustered and wit leaves me. This has become a point of friction with myself because in many ways I am supposed to be the guy that you don't harass, or you get fucked up. I try to keep reminding myself that walking away isn't cowardice, and this dudes story helps keep me in check.

Jigrah on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Real OCD people can be pretty scary.

Imagine if someone like those folks who make gigantic computer circuits in minecraft decided it was their personal goal to ruin your life as thoroughly as possible.

Simply terrifying.

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2011
    sorry vi but you are wrong.

Clint Eastwood on
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I definitely relate to the Imposter Syndrome to a fairly large degree, but I still have a hard time connecting the knowledge of my achievements to myself as a person. It kinda feels like I can say the words but not really believe them.

Nogs, did you find that the realisation itself was all you needed to get past the problems you were having? Or did you need to do something to 'convince' yourself?

Ten on
    edited April 2011
    sorry vi but you are wrong.

Andrew WK has long hair, therefore you are the wrongest.

Ferrus on
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    edited April 2011
    yeah and andrew wk looks like a skeezy bastard

also it's spelled therefore

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2011
    Another life lesson: Ginger Ale makes Bacardi drinkable.

Ferrus on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    long hair is more work than short hair, so i cut it off

shaving is more work than not shaving, so i let it grow

life is a contradiction

TyrantCow on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Simply my style of wording getting in the way.

Lets say a person attempted to damage my family through legal intimidation or a lawsuit, I would be hitting the books looking for precedent to countersue night and day.

It bothers me that I am not like this. I have no issue helping my family out of a tight situation or anything, but I never seek vengeance on anyone. It makes me feel emasculated.

Jigrah on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I dunno, it's ameliorated somewhat because they were reacting to casual misogyny and the idea that empathy somehow makes you a pussy

but hey, you know, whatever

Tam on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Profound on the Internet.

ascot on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i, too, am gay

Beasteh on
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »

I dunno, it's ameliorated somewhat because they were reacting to casual misogyny and the idea that empathy somehow makes you a pussy

hahahaha if that's really why they're doing it then that is pretty sad

I posted stop being a little bitch RIGHT AFTER Anjin posted kill cops
    I mean, I guess I could see how they would take me seriously and not Anjin if they were retarded or something but I don't think they are?

Daric on
    edited April 2011
    I don't find beards and mustaches attractive at all.

But I like them.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    Ten wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely relate to the Imposter Syndrome to a fairly large degree, but I still have a hard time connecting the knowledge of my achievements to myself as a person. It kinda feels like I can say the words but not really believe them.

Nogs, did you find that the realisation itself was all you needed to get past the problems you were having? Or did you need to do something to 'convince' yourself?

it definitely wasn't something that just happened overnight.

I would say a big part over getting over that hump was actually doing freelance for awhile.

it forced me to put a dollar amount to what my time was worth. once that happened, it wasn't to hard to realized

'hey, i am good at this. i can do this. i have the skills, experience and personality to succeed at this'

and from there it extended to the rest of my life. It made me realize that i am an extremely capable person. That helped all areas of my life from career, to personal, to social.

It also helped me help others in realizing that they too should be taking credit for their actions. It's particularly helped me assist other people in resume writing and job searching.

in fact, i'd say that writing a resume about yourself(not necessarily career oriented) can do a lot for one to realize their full potential and their accomplishments.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »

it mostly looks like they were just attacking daric

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    people are people, soal

TyrantCow on
    edited April 2011
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    people are people, soal

some people are noobs though...

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited April 2011
    this week i learned that cowboys are pretty cool and good tippers

Clint Eastwood on
    edited April 2011
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    Ten wrote: »

it definitely wasn't something that just happened overnight.

I would say a big part over getting over that hump was actually doing freelance for awhile.

it forced me to put a dollar amount to what my time was worth. once that happened, it wasn't to hard to realized

'hey, i am good at this. i can do this. i have the skills, experience and personality to succeed at this'

and from there it extended to the rest of my life. It made me realize that i am an extremely capable person. That helped all areas of my life from career, to personal, to social.

It also helped me help others in realizing that they too should be taking credit for their actions. It's particularly helped me assist other people in resume writing and job searching.

in fact, i'd say that writing a resume about yourself(not necessarily career oriented) can do a lot for one to realize their full potential and their accomplishments.

too often people think what they have done amounts to nothing or isn't that important

for instance, i have a friend who knows japanese fluently, but doesn't think its a big deal because he doesn't have a certification.

out of a millions of people in the the city, i would guess only maybe a couple hundred non-natives can speak japanese fluently.

Thats like .01% of people. I mean seriously. That's a pretty remarkable thing.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited April 2011
    this week i learned that cowboys are pretty cool and good tippers

Damn, just got one of those server is busy errors, guess I was wrong about them being fixed

but anyway, yeah they are. I love getting a table full of cowboy looking guys at work because I know I don't really have to watch my language and I can just be real with them. Also, they tip well and are nice.

Unlike, 80% of my other tables.

I had a table last night sit there in my section for an hour and a half AFTER we closed (I had to stay and wait for them to get up since we're not allowed to leave until everything in our section is clean) and then they left me $5 on 100. Which, since tip pool is 3.5% of the sales, I made $1.50 off of them.

Edit: Nogs, why doesn't he just get his certification then? That's an excellent thing to have on a resume since so many companies do business with Japanese partners.

Daric on
  • LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

Combination of both.

Linksville on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Different people like different things. Some ladies like their dudes with long hair, others like their dudes with short hair. I don't see any logic in presuming that women who like guys with long hair are fat, other than... No, I don't see it.

Personally, I like my hair fairly short, but Rachel likes it medium-length. Problem is that it stays the length she prefers for maybe a few weeks before it gets too long, starts getting in my eyes, and goes vaguely mullet-y.

Moriveth on