As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEλM

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ok, total longshot here

Does anyone need Portal 1?

I have three extra copies of this thing

Maddoc on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I really ought to finally pick up TF2 this summer if it goes back on sale.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    Same here. Broke as hell. Cant afford it. REALLY hope I can ignore all the HILARIOUS people who will be quoting it for the next three months.
    ....somehow, that didn't even occur to me until now. Ohboy.

I really really don't think there is anything as iconic in this game as the cake is a lie. There's tons of great things, but nothing that'll get beat into the ground.

tbh, I think most people quoted that constantly because it was silly when you found it scrawled on walls and not because of the irony
    He said iconic not ironic.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I really really don't think there is anything as iconic in this game as the cake is a lie. There's tons of great things, but nothing that'll get beat into the ground.
    Yeah, but this is the internet. They'll find a way to run SOMETHING into the ground.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IslandIsland Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I know that I dont actually post in this thread..... (but oh the lurking....)

I would love to get on this gifting games to fellow forumers... but alas my Steam account is pitiful in comparison. (Just like my wallet.)

So question!

I am thinking of grabbing the PS3 Portal 2. and am wondering if I can gift the PC version? Or are they exclusive of each other? Would I just have two copies one for each platform?

BONUS QUESTION:

Does anyone have extra copies of L4D1 or TF2? I would love to try them but dont have the monies for those + Portal 2....

Island on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Island wrote: »

I would love to get on this gifting games to fellow forumers... but alas my Steam account is pitiful in comparison. (Just like my wallet.)

So question!

I am thinking of grabbing the PS3 Portal 2. and am wondering if I can gift the PC version? Or are they exclusive of each other? Would I just have two copies one for each platform?

BONUS QUESTION:

Does anyone have extra copies of L4D1 or TF2? I would love to try them but dont have the monies for those + Portal 2....

I think Icemopper has tested this, and the PC version that comes with the PS3 copy cannot be gifted

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    There's a content patch due in regards to L4D2. They'll probably put both games on sale.

And TF2 seems to go on sale like...once a month.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    IslandIsland Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Island wrote: »

So question!

BONUS QUESTION:

I think Icemopper has tested this, and the PC version that comes with the PS3 copy cannot be gifted

:v::v::v:

Boo... my attempts at being a classy gentleman have been denied.

We were attempting to not spend any money on L4D or TF2, simply because we don't know how much enjoyment we would get out of them. Both games being out for so long, and we would be noobs; dont really want to fork out cash to get my ass kicked. (Now if they had time locked trials, that would be different. They did this for Monday Night Combat and it was great, cuz I learned without paying any cash that this was not the game for me.)

Island on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    C'mon guys, did you think Valve would really let you get two copies for one?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OK gents, and I use this term loosely, since this /is/ the steam thread and I'm just that kind of dood...

Contest Time!

The contest is a simple one. I think you are all assholes. This is indeed fact. So in that theme, this contest is a gallery of why human's can't be trusted.

How do you enter? Well, simple! Be an asshole. Video or screenshot(s) are valid entries. Something done after this posting, not some previous work squirreled away.

This can, of course, be against a CPU opponent, but acts of untrustworthiness against actual people will of course get you more points.

This doesn't have to be screwing over your own team or anything either (Though that's always hilarious) it can just as easily be really screwing over your opponents or just ganking strangers.

The reward will be, of course, Portal 2. Being the motivation for this theme.

The deadline will be... I dunno, what's today? 20th? So the 27th. A week should be sufficient. Yes, I know, terribly long and all. Still, I want those working and such to have a fair chance as well.

Editing in: PM me a link to your entry post. I'm usually lurking most of the day, either from home or my phone, but Id rather not miss your entry (or just forget about it. Frankly, I'm a bit goldfishy at times.) Also usual 'be someone' limitation. Don't need a billion posts or anything but having existed for more than a month and at least made a passable attempt at being a part of this classy community would be best.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Toki Tori has spoiled me. Now when I play a game, I think, "Wait, I want to do that part differently," and look for the "rewind" button.

SvK on
  • Options
    kleinfehnkleinfehn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OK gents, and I use this term loosely, since this /is/ the steam thread and I'm just that kind of dood...

Contest Time!

The contest is a simple one. I think you are all assholes. This is indeed fact. So in that theme, this contest is a gallery of why human's can't be trusted.

How do you enter? Well, simple! Be an asshole. Video or screenshot(s) are valid entries. Something done after this posting, not some previous work squirreled away.

This can, of course, be against a CPU opponent, but acts of untrustworthiness against actual people will of course get you more points.

This doesn't have to be screwing over your own team or anything either (Though that's always hilarious) it can just as easily be really screwing over your opponents or just ganking strangers.

The reward will be, of course, Portal 2. Being the motivation for this theme.

The deadline will be... I dunno, what's today? 20th? So the 27th. A week should be sufficient. Yes, I know, terribly long and all. Still, I want those working and such to have a fair chance as well.

I got some Mario Kart shenanigans that I will submit soon.

kleinfehn on
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Contest Time!

Calling it now: chocobolicious wins by not giving away Portal 2.

SvK on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a request for people to get back in the ZP:S server.

Mars on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would have liked to use the quote from my sig as my entry.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    SvK wrote: »

Contest Time!

Calling it now: chocobolicious wins by not giving away Portal 2.

I said video or screencap as your entry.

Anywho, I've done enough contests/given away a boatload enough that anyone that's around during sales and whatnot knows I'm good on my offer.

Oh, yeah, better edit my post.. derp derp

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

This is true. The PS3/PC copy are tied together. I tried not activating my PC copy while BigIsy tried, and it wouldn't go through. Then I tried and got it... more or less.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    According to the email valve sent out, you need to have a Steam account paired with a PSN account to be able to activate the code that comes with the PS3 version. You can only pair PSN accounts with a Steam account from inside the PS3 version of Portal 2.

So you could, in theory, borrow/rent a PS3 copy and activate an unwanted code from someone else's PS3 copy, then you'd have the PC version forever.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    LewieP wrote: »
    According to the email valve sent out, you need to have a Steam account paired with a PSN account to be able to activate the code that comes with the PS3 version. You can only pair PSN accounts with a Steam account from inside the PS3 version of Portal 2.

So you could, in theory, borrow/rent a PS3 copy and activate an unwanted code from someone else's PS3 copy, then you'd have the PC version forever.

That's only if you have a PS3 to plug it in, unfortunately. It makes sense for Valve, though.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bad person, I read the news and think up video games. Is there a nation running sim that lets you walk around your nation/citystate from a first person view?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

This is true. The PS3/PC copy are tied together. I tried not activating my PC copy while BigIsy tried, and it wouldn't go through. Then I tried and got it... more or less.

i know when I tried activating the PS3 key icemopper messaged me, I got an error message saying I haven't played the Ps3 version and linked my PSN account.

Being the glorious gentleman he is, icemopper then sends me another Portal2 half an hour latter. Hi5!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »

i know when I tried activating the PS3 key icemopper messaged me, I got an error message saying I haven't played the Ps3 version and linked my PSN account.

Being the glorious gentleman he is, icemopper then sends me another Portal2 half an hour latter. Hi5!

You're far the better man. Mine was free to you, but you gifted Poker without even receiving anything! You're crazy!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But you intended to gift something. Intentions must not go unrewarded!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    heenato wrote: »

Yeah, but this is the internet. They'll find a way to run SOMETHING into the ground.

Yeah, nobody really expected the cake or the Companion Cube to become memes, least of all Valve themselves. They just kind of happened.

It's weird what things get latched on to sometimes.

subedii on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's a content patch due in regards to L4D2.
    Any date on this?

Panda4You on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    fwn0x0.png

EDIT: Also, I specifically suggested contests here so that I could attempt to enter one and win Portal 2. Asshole move, right? I'm not screencapping that, because...I'm an asshole.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    While I probably should have specified game related, that was a cute entry, so I'll just leave it as is and see what people come up with.

Edited: Oh, also, if that is your submission, send a damn PM. I will forget by the time I wake up, otherwise.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    But you intended to gift something. Intentions must not go unrewarded!

Heck, it's the Steam thread. We're just one big happy family in here!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One big family eh? Who gets to be the drunk uncle?

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Everyone. It a very Jekyll and Hyde thing, or, more specifically, Classic Gent and Drunk Uncle, which seems like a good name for a sitcom.

edit: terrible top page

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Everyone. It a very Jekyll and Hyde thing, or, more specifically, Classic Gent and Drunk Uncle, which seems like a good name for a sitcom.

edit: terrible top page

We call them Team Zissou nights on the TF2 servers.

Fun times.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We call it every night in Gents of the Row.

Drake on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is a shame it's things posted after the contest started, as I had one that, to those that are familiar with hon, would've won about 5 copies of Portal 2 in its assholishness.:lol:

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ok, how the hell is Steam saying I've only downloaded 600 megs, and then saying I have 1200 megs worth of portal 2 downloaded? What is going on?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's the next step in the ARG. Subtract 600 from 1200. Then take that number and figure out 2 to that power. Convert that to binary. Put that number into notepad and save as a .raw file. Open the raw file in an image editor. Invert the image. Save as a wav. Play the wav backwards and you will hear how many megs you have actually downloaded. You will also unlock the potato gun for Dino D-Day.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bad person, I read the news and think up video games. Is there a nation running sim that lets you walk around your nation/citystate from a first person view?

Not that I'm aware of, but there should be.

If you didn't know, tropico 3 lets you walk around (and interact) from a third person view.

edit: I really need to get around to playing more tropico 3 at some point. That game is a lot of fun.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's a content patch due in regards to L4D2. They'll probably put both games on sale.

That's where they're supposed to be porting the remaining L4D1 maps into L4D2, right?

Been looking forward to those being moved over.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, is anyone still having trouble gifting Portal 1? I have and love it, but I'd like to advocate on behalf of a friend of mine. He's finally come around to wanting to play, due to Portal 2 hype and years of nagging on my part. :P

His Steam profile is here. He actually is a PA member, but he only ever lurks. This is his profile.

gilrain on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I noticed the Majesty 2 Collection 'released' today. It looks kind of interesting, how is?

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I noticed the Majesty 2 Collection 'released' today. It looks kind of interesting, how is?

I haven't played Majesty 2 but I hear that it's really fun and quite a bit like Majesty 1, which I have played, and which is fun.

TychoCelchuuu on