As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WAKFU - Turn based MMO

ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
www.wakfu.com/na
http://wakfu.wikia.com/wiki/

My in game name will be: Tiena

Wakfu is currently in closed beta. Open Beta will start on April 27th 2011.

Wakfu is a turn based MMO fantasy game. If you like Final Fantasy Tactics, or any other tactics game, this may be worth a look!

Currently there are 6 classes that are available for open beta, with another 8 that will be released eventually.

Give the game a look. If we garner enough interest we can start a guild.

stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
ghostbandit on

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is going to swallow my life whole.

Liquid Ghost on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh nice, they are adding the Ecaflips!

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am excited about Enutrofs! but i want Sram...

Once Open Beta kicks off, i will compile a list of IGNs so we can start up a guild.

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    Also if you get the opportunity you may want to put more info in the original post. Pictures, info about the game, etc etc. That tends to get people more interested.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    Yeah :(

I am currently in afghanistan, and govt computers wont actually let me onto those websites, but i will try with my brutally slow internet in my room. But it is just fast enough for me to enjoy playing Wakfu :P

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah :(

I am currently in afghanistan, and govt computers wont actually let me onto those websites, but i will try with my brutally slow internet in my room. But it is just fast enough for me to enjoy playing Wakfu :P

Ah gotcha :)

It's a shame because the artwork for the game is quite good. I'll post up some pics later.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • SilverburnSilverburn Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Registered for the sole purpose of posting this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMuoJCUqiE

Silverburn on
    edited April 2011
    If anyone would like to post pictures, or videos please do so!

If anyone has questions concerning classes, professions, or the game in general, ask them here, and i will answer them to the best of my ability.

I have all 4 classes leveled up to at least 20.

ghostbandit on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I feel like I played this game years ago.

Has it been in beta for years already

INeedNoSalt on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WAKFU

Yeah! Well up yours too, buddy!

:P

WMain00 on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So this is in closed beta, and no one seems to be giving out keys anymore. Open beta doesn't start until summer. The game looks interesting, but I'm not sure why post the thread now if no one can play >_>

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited April 2011
    Open beta starts in 10 days.

If you are a closed beta tester, you can get into open beta on the 20th.

This way we can get a jump on getting members together, so we can coordinate as soon as the OB starts, which is on the 27th of April. 10 days.

ghostbandit on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The art style looks great and the mechanic seems interesting enough.

Can't wait for OB.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited April 2011
    My bad then. I went looking for closed beta keys and all the websites I saw said 'summer', which isn't exactly late April. Good to know, I'll have to check it out when it goes into open beta.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Silverburn wrote: »
    Registered for the sole purpose of posting this vid:

Wow, that looks cool, but god damn did they choose a voice over man for that video who sounds exactly like he should be talking about products on the price is right. It was just bizarre.

Joshmvii on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's the successor of Dofus.

Aldo on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Been keeping a keen eye on this for a while, looks like its shaping up nicely.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • TripKMATripKMA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    My bad then. I went looking for closed beta keys and all the websites I saw said 'summer', which isn't exactly late April. Good to know, I'll have to check it out when it goes into open beta.

I got one here, had to sign up though.

TripKMA on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

It's the successor of Dofus.

I really enjoyed Dofus, the SRPG team combat worked for me, especially when I got the knockback skill on my whatever a warrior class is called.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I came into this thread for the turn-based and then immediately left for the fantasy setting :(

* would love some non-fantasy turn-based action MMO or not.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited April 2011
    Yeah the game style may not be for everyone, but it is a very fun game! Especially when you get a good group of friends together and everyone understands their roles. its a blast!

Update is happening so soon!! Woot Enutrofs!! ill be finding all kinds of loot for us :)

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah the game style may not be for everyone, but it is a very fun game! Especially when you get a good group of friends together and everyone understands their roles. its a blast!

Update is happening so soon!! Woot Enutrofs!! ill be finding all kinds of loot for us :)

It's today isnt it? I can't wait! I want to try out the Ecaflips the idea that the earth line of spells you get is completely random is intriguing to me. I am forseeing a lot of angry people who didn't get the spells they wanted.

Plus, FLEAS!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    omg i know! with the eca changes the toss up between enu and eca became VERY difficult, but i really really like the random earth spells. I expect a ton of people rerolling, but im going to go with whatever i get to see if i can make it work. I am pretty positive most people with have 3 spells that are the same because they have a higher % chance, and 2 other randoms. Needless to say im very excited!

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    please post IGNs so i can throw a list up on the OP

Thanks

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    when we get a group going we should try to vote one of our people into the governor position. In fact someone should make a character named Governator and see how far we can get them.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I want the wipe to come already so I can actually play. They should have just done it today.

vhzod on
    edited April 2011
    This thread needs more Wakfu images. This was released somewhat recently on the main site:

illuineditecomplete.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    I love the art for this game.

Elimination on
    edited April 2011
    By the way, it seems the game is still in closed beta. So in order to get access you'll have to find places around the net that are doing giveaways.

Apparently this one still has keys: http://www.zam.com/giveaways/wakfu.html

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    got my game currently upgrading! too bad im at work :(

Yes the game is still in closed beta until the 27th!

Those with closed beta keys are granted early access to the open beta content.

But everyone will be good to go on the 27th, stand fast!

I cant wait to see the changes to the exp/sexp and crafting! going to be awesome.

From what i read about the new exp system, they will be promoting leveling a diversity of spells vs just focusing on one or two in a certain element. So hopefully hybrid builds will become more viable.

And the Enripsa buffs are going to be very nice, i will actually want them in my party now lol

ghostbandit on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh you don't need to worry about artwork for the game. There is an entire TV series for it that does it well enough!

Here's a shady clip of it on youtube looking completely sick.

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    edited April 2011
    Oh you don't need to worry about artwork for the game. There is an entire TV series for it that does it well enough!

Here's a shady clip of it on youtube looking completely sick.

Yup the show is surprisingly good. First season is over and the second season is shaping up to be just as amazing.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    Hey delph, have you made your eca yet? i want to know about the new starting zone!! being at work is torture...i want to play dammit

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    Hey delph, have you made your eca yet? i want to know about the new starting zone!! being at work is torture...i want to play dammit

I have! The new starting zone isn't that interesting, then again I haven't spent much time in it, I went straight to Amakna as soon as I could. I'm going to go back there later to check it out further. I think it has two dungeons.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    hows the ecas early game dmg? and which tree you going? and whats your ign so i can add you after work

ghostbandit on
    edited April 2011
    hows the ecas early game dmg? and which tree you going? and whats your ign so i can add you after work

My name is Delphi in game so far. I'm actually focusing on Water and Earth atm. I was lucky in that I got the Earth spell "All In" which seems pretty powerful.

Mostly I'm focusing on the fact that I go around licking enemies to death and throwing my fleas on them :D

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited April 2011
    lol fantastic i cant wait to play!

ghostbandit on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have no idea what Im supposed to be doing. I went through a bit of a tutorial in the cloud city, went down to an earth city. And mostly wandered around what seemed like a huge world filled with nothing of importance. I have no idea where to go to fight dudes but I learned how to take seeds from sheep for some reason. Im not trying to be rude but I could use some help to see what Im missing.

Bedlam on
    edited April 2011
    You're not missing a whole lot. The game doesn't work like WoW or anything. There are no quests, there are no NPCs to sell items to or buy items from. It's supposed to be a player run economy. There are no real goals beside leveling up to kill more things and maybe participate in the political/pvp system.

The game has some decent foundations, but for something that's been in beta since 2008 their progress is pretty pathetic. Even moreso when I realized that, based on a chart compiled by members of the forums, there have been two separate breaks where they haven't patched the game once in 6+ months.

It's a nice diversion, but unless they actually add content I don't really see the point. If I wanted my fill of turn based battles without quests/etc I'd just fire up a FFT game.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011