As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ahab and Mars Relationship [Chat] Power Hour!

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    The One 52 wrote: »
    Headache = boooo.

Portal 2 = yaaaay!

People not playing Portal 2 = boooo.
    But it costs money. Precious money that I don't have. :(

You still need to play the first game, you dork!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes sir. Sorry sir.

(*plays Portal while fearing AoB's wrath and his mighty beard*)

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The One 52 wrote: »
    Yes sir. Sorry sir.

(*plays Portal while fearing AoB's wrath and his mighty beard*)

Bacon, tame the people with your mighty portal powered beard

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My friend has a spare copy of Portal 2 he's willing to give me (from a golden potato) but I can't accept it since my free copy from the PS3 version that arrives in a few weeks would be worthless.

:( x 1000

Flay on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    My friend has a spare copy of Portal 2 he's willing to give me (from a golden potato) but I can't accept it since my free copy from the PS3 version that arrives in a few weeks would be worthless.

accept it and then give your ps3 steam copy to someone else

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I would do that if I could, but I think the PS3 copy and the PC copy are technically the same thing; you can't access it on more than one at once.

Still, I've emailed Valve support asking about it.

Flay on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    getting married in ten days and too busy arranging stuff to buy Portal now!

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I would do that if I could, but I think the PS3 copy and the PC copy are technically the same thing; you can't access it on more than one at once.

Still, I've emailed Valve support asking about it.

You get a code that activates portal 2 on one PC steam account.

Then with the disc in, you can make other steam accounts that require a portal 2 disc to use.

edit: I was 100% sure this was what a steam dev said... but people elsewhere are still posting conflicting stories.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

You poor bastard, getting married is awesome but the 10 days prior is all kinds of happenings that the human male is not designed for. I was wrapping bows on chairs for gods sake, bows! Not only that my bows were the best, so I had to instruct everyone else on how to do a proper bow. My worst fears had been realised; I had become Martha Stewart....damn my impeccable taste.

Mustang on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mustang wrote: »
    You poor bastard... happenings that the human male is not designed for.

For now, i've managed to.. uhm.. outsource most of the girly stuff to the mrs, while my main concern is all the printed stuff/ signage. for now. But no doubt that once the party tent is pitched i'll have to handle flowers at some point. i'll be thinking of you mustang :D
    Martha Steward Style!

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Oh, oh oh! I'm getting married in 15, please leave the bows affixed to the chairs so I can reuse them for my wedding kthxbye

Mayday on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mayday still exists?

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Depends on your philosophy.

MKR on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Squidbunnies still exists?

Jintor on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My psychiatrist just kicked my ass. I have never felt so stimulated.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Unconventional physical psychiatry?

m3nace on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rhetorically.

He asked me to define what being a woman meant to me, and I couldn't. What's the difference between a man and a woman, after all, besides sex? Nothing, really...I gave him a few wrong answers, playing into my own preconceptions of gender roles before finally admitting that I had no idea. So why do I want to transition? What is it about myself that's making me unhappy? Am I unhappy? And why am I twenty-five, working part time at a Walmart? What's wrong with that picture?

What do I want to do? What do I want to be? He said that before I can truly know whether or not transitioning is a good idea, I need to understand myself. That I need to understand what's in it for me. And I have no idea how to answer that question. All I know is that I want to be a girl, and that I always have. That's it.

So he recommended a book called "100 ways to motivate yourself," and he says that if I read it and take it to heart and, afterward, if I'm still undecided on what I want to do, still unhappy, still directionless, he will treat me free of charge for the rest of my life and buy me a brand new Rolls Royce. That was the bargain. So I am listening to the audiobook and the print copy is in the mail.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mustang wrote: »

You poor bastard, getting married is awesome but the 10 days prior is all kinds of happenings that the human male is not designed for. I was wrapping bows on chairs for gods sake, bows! Not only that my bows were the best, so I had to instruct everyone else on how to do a proper bow. My worst fears had been realised; I had become Martha Stewart....damn my impeccable taste.

My wife took care of all the wedding arrangements. All I had to do was just show up with my wedding ring. I showed up... but lost the wedding ring.

Congratulations Glad Hatter and Mayday! Being married is awesome!
    (morning sickness... is sucks)

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I am in a very bad mood today, and I wish that were not the case.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    trying to find an orc pile to post

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    m1521111a_Orcs_600x400.jpg

pretty close

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Mayday still exists?

Hello Erin, my internet crush!
    I do indeed exist in SOME plane of existence. It is nice, warm and cozy here.

Toaster: I can't believe You actually lost the wedding ring! My future wife (yeah, she's from the future!) would call it off if I did that. When was your wedding? I almost never come here these days so I missed it :/ But Congratulations and say hello to The Missus from me! :P

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mayday wrote: »
    Toaster: I can't believe You actually lost the wedding ring! My future wife (yeah, she's from the future!) would call it off if I did that. When was your wedding? I almost never come here these days so I missed it :/ But Congratulations and say hello to The Missus from me! :P

It was in November, I got married in Japan! She knows I am horribly forgetful so, she just breathed in really deeply and said "It's fine, we'll fix it when you get here". The day before the wedding we ran like crazy people looking for a jewlery store that had a ring my size.

We ende up buying a crappy ring, just to have something for the ceremony. Then, for Xmas she bought me a proper ring. So, since Nov. I've had 3 rings.

Edit: Mayday, just to update you on my life, i am also having a half Japanese-half Puerto Rican baby in November. i've already preorder it.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

My wife took care of all the wedding arrangements. All I had to do was just show up with my wedding ring. I showed up... but lost the wedding ring.

Eep!
    We just went to pick up our rings, which was pretty cool. How long does it generally take for all Lord of the Rings references to wear off? ;)

i made sure i made a mental note of where my fiancee put the rings, and on the Big Day, i'm going to have my best man watch over them all day so i can't fuck up..

Cute story about your three rings though...

edit: Also: Congrats Mayday! Will you guys be honeymooning immediately afterwards? We're going to check out Thailand.

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Edit: Mayday, just to update you on my life, i am also having a half Japanese-half Puerto Rican baby in November. i've already preorder it.

Coo, is there any bonus content if you preorder it?
    Hatter: Sadly, my future wife's work arrangements force us to postpone it until August :/

Mayday on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, drawing the attention away from girls back to Portal, since those are the only two gears this thread has so far

I have a free copy of Portal 1 for Steam. Someone take it from me, please.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I started Portal 2 earlier. I'm trying to play through it slowly and enjoy all the details. The lighting is wonderful and I love the mechanical panels and gadgets.

F87 on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This guy just bought my used tablet pen. Apparently he worked on Toy Story 3, and he's the Senior Modeler for the new 3D Clone Wars series.

That's kinda neat! So who wants his address?

Mangoes on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    you mean the address listed as the first line in the link you just posted?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No, apparently he moved. Also I was kidding.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    jumpin jehosaphat

Tam on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That guy has a neat portfolio but death to popups.

MKR on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PERSONS WHO HAVE EVER BOUGHT A THING

would you like to assist me in my academic pursuit of better boxes?

NOW YOU CAN!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=140834

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man, god dammit, Tim Hetherington, the photojournalist who directed Restrepo was killed reporting in Libya today

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mayday wrote: »

Coo, is there any bonus content if you preorder it?
    Hatter: Sadly, my future wife's work arrangements force us to postpone it until August :/

Yep, DLC. It downloads in the babys diaper.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys look! I'm on (internet) TV!
    Buy my game next week. DO IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87mQ7BQx5PQ&feature=channel_video_title

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys, Im gonna make a thread when Ive got something to show, but first I come looking for advice. I agreed to paint a local restaurant owners Signage. Hes converting a Gas/station garage into a very rustic southern food joint and a lot of the aesthetics of the garage will remain in tact. I know fuck all about type and I was hoping some one could Throw out some font familys that come to mind..

Lookin hard at you MT/Flay/Grenn..

I figured id design everything on the computer/ print scale it out and stencil the final onto the building/ free hand any embellishments.

If any of you have done something like this before Id greatly appreciate advice.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh, Comic Sans.

Trust me, I know about these things.

EDIT: Or, you know.. Helvetica. That should fit the rustic southern aesthetic.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The first thing that comes to mind is some sort of slab serif, although this comes with a few risks if depending on how you use it; at worst it could end up looking like a comically cheesy western. I'm a big fan of Archer, but since that's a tad pricey ($109 for one computer), it might be a good idea to find a free commercial font somewhere on the internet. This might be an interesting choice, but it's difficult to recommend a specific typeface not knowing what the client wants or what the signage might look like.

If you're going for something more serious, an ornate script serif, combined with an extra-bold serif might also work (something like this - linked for hueg), or just the bold serif in small-caps.

Flay on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    even I'm not really sure how serious I am with this suggestion but

http://www.dafont.com/tf2.font

I mean, it does cover any fakeretro-50's-spyfiction needs you may have

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
This discussion has been closed.