As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Siegfried's Sketchbook Sendaround v3 (Let's Get Sketchy)

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys!

I've gotten most everyone's address, including some new ones. I'm busy right now buy I've been talking to Moly about arranging transfer of the book but it should all come together within the next week and a half.

I'll probably update the list once I get it to him so that's all squared away.

Peace!

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • PhthanoPhthano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am excite, Siegfried.

Phthano on
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, start your pencil sharpeners!

I have the sketchbook!

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Dances With MagpiesDances With Magpies Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yay!

Dances With Magpies on
  • j00manjij00manji Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I sent you a PM, hope Im not too late!

j00manji on
    'PS - this is what a portion of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated" - Mitch Hedberg
    runscapeisreallyfaggetygayuc1.png
    edited April 2011
    Hey d00dzzz:

The wheels are set in motion at last. I'll post the list/order of everyone and start sending a few addresses around. I've decided to lock the list temporarily as-is ending with j00manji, so from this point forward if you still haven't joined send me a PM but no guarantees.

I'm busy and I have some freelance work to do this week so don't expect anything tonight, but eventually I'll get it up so you know where on the list you fall.

ALSO: I would like to ask you to hold on to the sketchbook for no longer than 2 weeks MAX. Ideally you would use the first week to sketch in it and send it out by the end of that first week, but I understand that some people are busy and need a week to draw and a week to make postal arrangements.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited April 2011
    Oh man

I'm just staring at this thing trying to come up with ways to not suck at drawing things in it and it is not working at all.

THE BLANK PAGE TAUNTS ME SO.

Molybdenum on
    edited April 2011
    Impress everyone with your ability to draw ergonomic handles and toasters.

Lol industrial design.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love this idea!

If it goes international count me in please!

sharky t on
  • JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have to admit I'm happy that you are first on the list Molybdenum. . . takes some of the pressure off. :)

JABMonkey on
    edited April 2011
    oh, just you wait. I'm gonna send this thing SO HARD.

Molybdenum on
  • j00manjij00manji Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    aaah im so glad I made the cut :D cant wait

j00manji on
    'PS - this is what a portion of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated" - Mitch Hedberg
    runscapeisreallyfaggetygayuc1.png
    edited April 2011
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    oh, just you wait. I'm gonna send this thing SO HARD.
    Ha! At least it'll be broken in.

JABMonkey on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sick!

It will probably take forever to get to me, but the idea is too cool to pass up on.

Sublimus on
    edited May 2011
    SENDIN' TIME.

So do I post what I did, or wait for the magic to slowly seep across the country and touch hearts one at a time?

also I arranged a guest appearance from a buddy in my studio. he drew a lot of yogurt.

Molybdenum on
    edited May 2011
    If you do post what you did, spoiler it for me, I am so excited! I want to open it like a present on Rudolph Day!

JABMonkey on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think it'd be cooler to wait until the end to post stuff. And then Sieg can post it all. Personally I look forward to seeing what's in it before I draw in it, and then at the end seeing all the stuff that's been added. Benefit of being in the middle :D

melting_doll on
    edited May 2011
    IDGAF, whatever is more awesome.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The COOLEST thing would be if everybody who participates started a sketchbook and we just kept sending them in a circle...then when you get yours back everyone has a sketchbook filled with awesome stuff

NakedZergling on
  • Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have no clue if i'm even on the list, but I just moved. So, yeah.

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
    edited May 2011
    The COOLEST thing would be if everybody who participates started a sketchbook and we just kept sending them in a circle...then when you get yours back everyone has a sketchbook filled with awesome stuff

I like this idea. Although depending on how many join the movement it might become a little excessive cost-wise.

JABMonkey on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    JABMonkey wrote: »

I like this idea. Although depending on how many join the movement it might become a little excessive cost-wise.

if we rotate 1 a month or so it wouldnt be that bad

NakedZergling on
    edited May 2011
    JABMonkey wrote: »

if we rotate 1 a month or so it wouldnt be that bad

But then you'd always get the same person-chain before you. We need to arrange some sort of round-robin.

at any rate, this has inspired me to start a sketch-go-round in my studio, since everybody was looking over my shoulder while i was doodling during crit the past few days. Sketching for fun as opposed to for coursework is refreshing and invigorating, and doing stupid fun things with studiopals is also fun. RECIPE FOR SUCCESS.
    also for in-jokes

Molybdenum on
    edited May 2011
    I recommend scanning in your entry for your personal records, just in case somebody loses it or the sketchbook gets water damaged or something, I dunno. But don't post it because we can do that all at the end once it finally makes the rounds.

As far as multiple sketchbooks goes I think it sounds cool but practically it would be a bit of a hassle. While I encourage all of you to do the same and start your own, I feel like there would be a lot of confusion as to who's is who's and where they all go.

But like I said, I intend to design a nifty book of everyone's stuff when it finally comes back to me so that everyone can have a pdf of all the work. And it will be made so that you can just take it to FedEx Office and get it printed and bound so you can have a physical copy too.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited May 2011
    Easy solution to the multiple sketchbook thing

1) we keep 1 set rotation..yes you will always be getting a book after the same person, BUT by the time you get your book back you'll have a sketch from everyone.

2) we get a master list of who's doing this, them we simply write down the order on the front inside cover, and we make sure the order is different, then we send them out.

i'll totally help plan it out if you guys want to make the multiple book happen.

NakedZergling on
    edited May 2011
    The simplest multi-book arrangement would be to start a reverse-order one.
    That would have the immediate advantage of cutting the wait time massively for the end of the current list without breaking up regional groups. (I will volunteer to buy the book and start the rotation Monday if this is cool)

The other thing to do would be to just randomize the order and go with it.

Molybdenum on
    edited May 2011
    No matter what the collective decides, count me in. :)

JABMonkey on
    edited May 2011
    Siegfried....you are the one who started this adventure, so i figure final say should be up to you. If we have one master list all we need is people who want a book to buy one and send it to the next person of the list. Then when you get new one you send it to that same person. That way no matter where on the list you are you will prob always have a book coming or going.
    And if you don't want to do the multiple book thing, then just do the original one when its your turn and opt out of the second master list for the multiple one.

NakedZergling on
    edited May 2011
    Basically I'm totally okay with it, I could tell you the current order of everyone but I won't give you their addresses, they'll have to give them to you. I'm just not going to take responsibility for organizing the second one, I'm just making sure each person for mine knows who to send it to each time.

So feel free if you want to do it and I'll post my full list if I haven't already. Only problem is if we do it reverse-order do we send it to our overseas friends first? I had originally planned to do that after we had everything cleared up stateside.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think we should just keep it to the one book.

DeeLock on
  • NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm kinda with DeeLock on this. I'm not sure the circumstances with sending around that first sketchbook, but if it took 3.5 years to get back in the right hands, us complicating this attempt with multiple books might not be such a good idea.

What might be better could be this:

We could each draw seperate labeled sketches on 8.5x11 sheets of paper for everyone on the list, and send them along with the book in a seperate envelope. This way when the book gets to you, you can take out the drawings labeled for you and hole punch them into a binder to keep. When the book finally gets back to Sieg, perhaps he could send out all of the remaining sketches to the respective people (I'd be willing to help him pay for shipping for this).

This way you'll still be getting your own personal sketchbook, but it wont be overly complicated with multiple books going to multiple places. I did like the idea of a book always coming or going, but I have a feeling some are going to get lost in the mail or someones house, or someone might just get overlooked, and it wouldn't be fair to everyone if that happened.

I am in no way trying to say we shouldn't do the multiple book thing, I'm just thinking there might be an easier/safer way. Whatever you guys choose would ultimately be fine with me.

Nanaki on
    Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am also with Deelock on this, especially since the vast majority of the list hasn't seen the first book yet, I think Sieg's idea of creating a pdf/print copy later satisfies my desire to own the work going into this sketchbook.

tapeslinger on
    edited May 2011
    Or just do one book at a time.

melting_doll on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aw man, I wish I checked in on this forum more often. I would have liked to have drawn something in this magical sketchbook.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    Ha! It came today! I have been going to the mail box so expectantly after work each day after I knew it was en route (even though it obviously wouldn't arrive those first few days...) And today it was waiting for me when I got home!

Hurray!

And now to put my mark in it.

JABMonkey on
    edited May 2011
    Updated the first post with the list.

Whilst working on the list, I thought of how I was going to deal with the international side of things. I think I'd like to get it back and take photos and scans of everything before sending it internationally. That way I can work on the design of the printable version for everyone whilst it's overseas, then when it makes it back finally I can put it in it's own nice little section.

Of course that's quite a ways off, so we've got plenty of time to see how this pans out!

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sieg, I just sent you my new address, FYI.

Mes3 on
    http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
    edited May 2011
    Aww, I dunno whether to be super excited or super nervous about getting it after Adam!

melting_doll on
    edited May 2011
    When I was writing the list down, I got excited to see so many great people had signed up. I really hope everything works out!

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Woo yay I am super excite!!
    also nervous to pass on to MD

earthwormadam on