Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Portal 2! IT'S HERE! IT'S OUT!

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So for smash tv you need to destroy every monitor?

• JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Late game stuff
    Spoiler:

It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Spoiler:

bethryn.png
  • Ethereal IllusionEthereal Illusion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So yesterday people were saying that the credits
    Spoiler:

I just noticed that the other day and wanted to point it out.
    Spoiler:

camo_sig2.png
  • orionminusorionminus Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Looking for a Portal 2 co-op virgin who wants to play though it with me.

Got a mic and if you have one too, we're in business.

Post Steam community link and will add you to friends and we can play.

=3

• theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just realized that I didn't read the achievement very carefully and have been destroying cameras like in the first game, not the monitors. I'm dumb =/

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I just love that this is in the game... great callback to a fun oldschool arcade title.

BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!!!

• Dayvan CowboyDayvan Cowboy Registered User
    edited April 2011
    orionminus wrote: »

Got a mic and if you have one too, we're in business.

Post Steam community link and will add you to friends and we can play.

=3

If you were still looking in a few hours and if I could get my microphone working, I'd be down. Those are two pretty big 'if's though, so if you can find someone else go ahead.

This is me.

edited April 2011
    Yeah I should still be looking for someone in a few hours.

I'm trying on 4chan.org/v/ and needless to say it's not been a very fruitful endeavor.

I'll add you to my friends list and when you get on, message me.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You were looking in precisely the wrong place for co-op partners...

newSig.jpg
    edited April 2011
    But I was ronrey on desperate.

I honestly think I'd have more luck finding a Portal 2 co-op partner on Craigslist personals than on the chans.

edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    what about this room?
    Spoiler:

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoiler:
    what about this room?
    Spoiler:

Haven't tried the achievement myself yet, but try checking youtube, there are some decent achievement guides for this one.
    Spoiler:

Nintendo Network ID: Warlock | 3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam ID: warlock82

Warlock2282.png

edited April 2011
    Spoiler:
    what about this room?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

It says "online" in the achievement description, so I doubt it. I really am curious about this achievement, since you have to beat it first, and then play with someone who has yet to play it to get the achievement. This already means at least half of everyone will never get this achievement.

steam_sig.png PSN:Icemopper
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

It says "online" in the achievement description, so I doubt it. I really am curious about this achievement, since you have to beat it first, and then play with someone who has yet to play it to get the achievement. This already means at least half of everyone will never get this achievement.

Those who 'are taught by the portal professor' can get the portal professor achievement themselves as well by beating it and instructing another, so the upper limit is n-1. Which isn't too bad considering not that many people are big achievement hunters.

• PMAversPMAvers You wouldn't have heard of it, anyway...Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, damn. While it runs fine while Boot Camp'd, apparently the OS X version of Portal 2 doesn't support my video card. (It's a Radeon X1600.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »

Those who 'are taught by the portal professor' can get the portal professor achievement themselves as well by beating it and instructing another, so the upper limit is n-1. Which isn't too bad considering not that many people are big achievement hunters.

So its one of those "Do this or play with someone who has" achievements?

I don't usually go out of my way to 1000/1000 a game, but special ones like Portal deserve that kind of effort from me, and I like to think it showcases just how much I like a game. It will literally gnaw away at my brain if I can get all of them but one...:x

• BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what about this room?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

bethryn.png
    edited April 2011
    No, you still have to be the instructor. But being a trainee doesn't prevent you from becoming an instructor eventually.

still, a lot of gamers already gave up the opportunity to be someone else's trainee :)

edited April 2011

I too am a co-op virgin.

Got a mic and if you have one too great but if not I think we can manage.

Post Steam community link or name and will add you to friends and we can play.

• GimeCGimeC Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Hey! I've been avoiding spoilers for this like the plague and just finished the single player game--so awesome! Oh gods! Etc. etc.

I wanted to ask the thread a favor--can I get a no-spoiler summary of what chapters have things like secret rooms, easter eggs, etc.? ie., something like "there are secret rooms in Chapters 3, 4, and 6" but not what they are or how to get them.

Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    GimeC wrote: »
    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

Mostly puzzles based on mechanics found throughout the game. A little side storyline.

FFXIV: Kitty! & Baby Falafel ~ D3: Ish#1521 ~ Steam: Ishie
    Warframe: IshieStarshard ~ Brave Frontier: 509 675 5387
    edited April 2011
    Hey! I've been avoiding spoilers for this like the plague and just finished the single player game--so awesome! Oh gods! Etc. etc.

I wanted to ask the thread a favor--can I get a no-spoiler summary of what chapters have things like secret rooms, easter eggs, etc.? ie., something like "there are secret rooms in Chapters 3, 4, and 6" but not what they are or how to get them.

I believe Chapters 2 & 3 have secret rooms (one of which is involved in an achievement). I forget what chapters the others are in. I want to say one is in Chapter 5.

Edit: There is also what might be considered an easter egg near the end of Chapter 3. The location of which will most assuredly draw your attention (you literally can't miss this), but you may miss the specific cool thing if you don't stop to examine it :P

Edit 2: Also, this may not classify as an easter egg, but pretty much anytime Wheatly asks you to do something or go somewhere, just wait. He almost always has a ton of extra dialog and most of it is hilarious.

Spoilery specifics:
    Spoiler:

Nintendo Network ID: Warlock | 3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam ID: warlock82

Warlock2282.png

• NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Mostly puzzles based on mechanics found throughout the game. A little side storyline.

There's some great dialog and the story, while minimal, might not be as good if you let it get spoiled.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's always gonna be people on the 360achievements forums and the like willing to make trial accounts to trade that cheevo with others.

Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
  • BursarBursar 16 tons of #9 coleslaw Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, um... Maybe I'm being stupid, but
    Spoiler:
    Then again, from my posting history it's clear that I'm seeing too much into things.

Spoiler:
    My Steam profile | 3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324
    | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan
  • jonxpjonxp [E] Alumnus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I believe Chapters 2 & 3 have secret rooms (one of which is involved in an achievement). I forget what chapters the others are in. I want to say one is in Chapter 5.

Edit: There is also what might be considered an easter egg near the end of Chapter 3. The location of which will most assuredly draw your attention (you literally can't miss this), but you may miss the specific cool thing if you don't stop to examine it :P

Edit 2: Also, this may not classify as an easter egg, but pretty much anytime Wheatly asks you to do something or go somewhere, just wait. He almost always has a ton of extra dialog and most of it is hilarious.

Spoilery specifics:
    Spoiler:

FYI, they're called "faith plates".

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited April 2011
    Bursar wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, um... Maybe I'm being stupid, but
    Spoiler:
    Then again, from my posting history it's clear that I'm seeing too much into things.
    Spoiler:

Warlock2282.png

edited April 2011
    Are they Emancipation "Grids" or "Grills"?

I thought it was Grids, but it sounds like GLaDOS and another character call them Grills

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The 'different' turrets.
    Spoiler:

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • override367override367 misogynist/MRA/socially irresponsible Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are they Emancipation "Grids" or "Grills"?

I thought it was Grids, but it sounds like GLaDOS and another character call them Grills

Not sure if that name is accurate, as they don't cook test subjects...often

XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
    edited April 2011
    Believe it's grids

Warlock2282.png

• AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Portal 1 calls them Grids. I didn't have the subtitles on, but I thought Portal 2 was calling them Grills, too.

Edit: Who's making the new thread?

soempty.jpg
    edited April 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »

Wheatley, I believe

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The 'different' turrets.
    Spoiler:

There is a TON of foreshadowing in this game. Ending spoilers:
    Spoiler:

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited April 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Portal 1 calls them Grids. I didn't have the subtitles on, but I thought Portal 2 was calling them Grills, too.

on it, give me a moment

edited April 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    The 'different' turrets.
    Spoiler:

There is a TON of foreshadowing in this game. Ending spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Warlock2282.png

edited April 2011
    haha damn. I didn't notice
    Spoiler:

new thread up

This discussion has been closed.