Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Portal 2! IT'S HERE! IT'S OUT!

15758596062

Posts

  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So for smash tv you need to destroy every monitor?

    Alegis on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    So for smash tv you need to destroy every monitor?

    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.

    Jaunty on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Solve your problems by Hulk Smashing them with lightning fists! Or just throw hammers. A lot of hammers. Like... A LOTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    So for smash tv you need to destroy every monitor?

    Late game stuff
    The test chambers after the one where Wheatley makes you do it twice are the best ones to do. They each have monitors, and one of em has two.

    Skull2185 on
    Shooting works too, I guess.
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Starting in the chamber after Wheatley's First Test Chamber.bsp, you can destroy each monitor inside a test chamber.

    In general, this is by catapulting yourself into them. However, for a couple of test chambers, you will need to grab a turret that hasn't deactivated, then run it into the chamber and set it down facing Wheatley. I assume the turrets are a little unhappy about being Frankenturreted as they shoot the monitor. There are also a couple where you'll need to aim a Thermal Discouragement Beam at the monitor to break it (using portals if necessary).

    Finally, after the chambers, there's one monitor of Wheatley at the conveyor belt just before the final confrontation. You can blow this one up by firing one of the explosive balls at it through portals.

    Bethryn on
  • Ethereal IllusionEthereal Illusion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So yesterday people were saying that the credits
    song was implying that GLaDOS didn't actually delete Caroline. Except the song itself has these lyrics:

    "Goodbye my only friend (Caroline)
    Oh, did you think I meant you? (Chell)
    That would be funny
    if it weren't so sad
    Well you have been replaced
    I don't need anyone now
    When I delete you maybe
    I'll stop feeling so bad

    I just noticed that the other day and wanted to point it out.
    Better yet, in the on-screen text it says [redacted]. GlaDOS misses Chell. She, of course, doesn't want you to know this.

    Ethereal Illusion on
    camo_sig2.png
  • orionminusorionminus Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Looking for a Portal 2 co-op virgin who wants to play though it with me.

    Got a mic and if you have one too, we're in business.

    Post Steam community link and will add you to friends and we can play.

    =3

    orionminus on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just realized that I didn't read the achievement very carefully and have been destroying cameras like in the first game, not the monitors. I'm dumb =/

    theantipop on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    So for smash tv you need to destroy every monitor?

    I just love that this is in the game... great callback to a fun oldschool arcade title.

    BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!!!

    spool32 on
  • Dayvan CowboyDayvan Cowboy Registered User
    edited April 2011
    orionminus wrote: »
    Looking for a Portal 2 co-op virgin who wants to play though it with me.

    Got a mic and if you have one too, we're in business.

    Post Steam community link and will add you to friends and we can play.

    =3

    If you were still looking in a few hours and if I could get my microphone working, I'd be down. Those are two pretty big 'if's though, so if you can find someone else go ahead.

    This is me.

    Dayvan Cowboy on
  • orionminusorionminus Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I should still be looking for someone in a few hours.

    I'm trying on 4chan.org/v/ and needless to say it's not been a very fruitful endeavor.

    I'll add you to my friends list and when you get on, message me.

    orionminus on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You were looking in precisely the wrong place for co-op partners...

    Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • orionminusorionminus Registered User
    edited April 2011
    But I was ronrey on desperate.

    I honestly think I'd have more luck finding a Portal 2 co-op partner on Craigslist personals than on the chans.

    orionminus on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Starting in the chamber after Wheatley's First Test Chamber.bsp, you can destroy each monitor inside a test chamber.

    In general, this is by catapulting yourself into them. However, for a couple of test chambers, you will need to grab a turret that hasn't deactivated, then run it into the chamber and set it down facing Wheatley. I assume the turrets are a little unhappy about being Frankenturreted as they shoot the monitor. There are also a couple where you'll need to aim a Thermal Discouragement Beam at the monitor to break it (using portals if necessary).

    Finally, after the chambers, there's one monitor of Wheatley at the conveyor belt just before the final confrontation. You can blow this one up by firing one of the explosive balls at it through portals.
    what about this room?
    2011-04-22_00003.jpg

    There's a turret behind me, and I tried saving the turret but it deactivates. I even tried jumping on the button and then firing the tunnel portal but I get killed before I get to pull that off. If I put the turret in the tunnel and then change directions it freaks out and deactivates.

    As for launching boxes into the screen, I can't get a good angle on the monitor

    Alegis on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Starting in the chamber after Wheatley's First Test Chamber.bsp, you can destroy each monitor inside a test chamber.

    In general, this is by catapulting yourself into them. However, for a couple of test chambers, you will need to grab a turret that hasn't deactivated, then run it into the chamber and set it down facing Wheatley. I assume the turrets are a little unhappy about being Frankenturreted as they shoot the monitor. There are also a couple where you'll need to aim a Thermal Discouragement Beam at the monitor to break it (using portals if necessary).

    Finally, after the chambers, there's one monitor of Wheatley at the conveyor belt just before the final confrontation. You can blow this one up by firing one of the explosive balls at it through portals.
    what about this room?
    2011-04-22_00003.jpg

    There's a turret behind me, and I tried saving the turret but it deactivates. I even tried jumping on the button and then firing the tunnel portal but I get killed before I get to pull that off. If I put the turret in the tunnel and then change directions it freaks out and deactivates.

    As for launching boxes into the screen, I can't get a good angle on the monitor

    Haven't tried the achievement myself yet, but try checking youtube, there are some decent achievement guides for this one.
    I watched a few minutes of one just to get a general idea and he launched boxes at most of them (I can't see the back wall on your screenshot, but for a few he created a force field going to the ceiling, let the box hit the ceiling, then removed the portal connected to the original field and put it on the wall so the box would fall down into the first portal and fling itself into the monitor. Can't tell from your shot if that's possible in that room or not.

    Warlock82 on
    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Solve your problems by Hulk Smashing them with lightning fists! Or just throw hammers. A lot of hammers. Like... A LOTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Starting in the chamber after Wheatley's First Test Chamber.bsp, you can destroy each monitor inside a test chamber.

    In general, this is by catapulting yourself into them. However, for a couple of test chambers, you will need to grab a turret that hasn't deactivated, then run it into the chamber and set it down facing Wheatley. I assume the turrets are a little unhappy about being Frankenturreted as they shoot the monitor. There are also a couple where you'll need to aim a Thermal Discouragement Beam at the monitor to break it (using portals if necessary).

    Finally, after the chambers, there's one monitor of Wheatley at the conveyor belt just before the final confrontation. You can blow this one up by firing one of the explosive balls at it through portals.
    what about this room?
    2011-04-22_00003.jpg

    There's a turret behind me, and I tried saving the turret but it deactivates. I even tried jumping on the button and then firing the tunnel portal but I get killed before I get to pull that off. If I put the turret in the tunnel and then change directions it freaks out and deactivates.

    As for launching boxes into the screen, I can't get a good angle on the monitor
    You have to rush the turret, hide in the little alcove until he cools off, and then rush behind him and pick him up

    Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

    Skull2185 on
    Shooting works too, I guess.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

    It says "online" in the achievement description, so I doubt it. I really am curious about this achievement, since you have to beat it first, and then play with someone who has yet to play it to get the achievement. This already means at least half of everyone will never get this achievement.

    Icemopper on
    steam_sig.png PSN:Icemopper
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

    It says "online" in the achievement description, so I doubt it. I really am curious about this achievement, since you have to beat it first, and then play with someone who has yet to play it to get the achievement. This already means at least half of everyone will never get this achievement.

    Those who 'are taught by the portal professor' can get the portal professor achievement themselves as well by beating it and instructing another, so the upper limit is n-1. Which isn't too bad considering not that many people are big achievement hunters.

    Alegis on
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, damn. While it runs fine while Boot Camp'd, apparently the OS X version of Portal 2 doesn't support my video card. (It's a Radeon X1600.)

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Solve your problems by Hulk Smashing them with lightning fists! Or just throw hammers. A lot of hammers. Like... A LOTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the "portal Professor" achievement pops if you play split screen?

    It says "online" in the achievement description, so I doubt it. I really am curious about this achievement, since you have to beat it first, and then play with someone who has yet to play it to get the achievement. This already means at least half of everyone will never get this achievement.

    Those who 'are taught by the portal professor' can get the portal professor achievement themselves as well by beating it and instructing another, so the upper limit is n-1. Which isn't too bad considering not that many people are big achievement hunters.

    So its one of those "Do this or play with someone who has" achievements?

    I don't usually go out of my way to 1000/1000 a game, but special ones like Portal deserve that kind of effort from me, and I like to think it showcases just how much I like a game. It will literally gnaw away at my brain if I can get all of them but one...:x

    Skull2185 on
    Shooting works too, I guess.
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    what about this room?
    2011-04-22_00003.jpg

    There's a turret behind me, and I tried saving the turret but it deactivates. I even tried jumping on the button and then firing the tunnel portal but I get killed before I get to pull that off. If I put the turret in the tunnel and then change directions it freaks out and deactivates.

    As for launching boxes into the screen, I can't get a good angle on the monitor
    You run to the little alcove on the left of the turret, then run at it again when it stops shooting.

    The room with three turrets is much more interesting. You do the usual blue gel into excursion funnel trick, but only do it enough to knock two of them away. Then you use the excursion funnel to give yourself a bit of height (but not too much or the turret will shoot you; the bit of portalable floor in the corner by the entrance is a good spot to get height) and then fling yourself down beside the remaining turret using the surface you threw blue gel onto them from.

    Bethryn on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No, you still have to be the instructor. But being a trainee doesn't prevent you from becoming an instructor eventually.

    still, a lot of gamers already gave up the opportunity to be someone else's trainee :)

    Alegis on
  • orionminusorionminus Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Looking for a Portal 2 co-op virgin who wants to play though it with me.

    I too am a co-op virgin.

    Got a mic and if you have one too great but if not I think we can manage.

    Post Steam community link or name and will add you to friends and we can play.

    orionminus on
  • GimeCGimeC Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Hey! I've been avoiding spoilers for this like the plague and just finished the single player game--so awesome! Oh gods! Etc. etc.

    I wanted to ask the thread a favor--can I get a no-spoiler summary of what chapters have things like secret rooms, easter eggs, etc.? ie., something like "there are secret rooms in Chapters 3, 4, and 6" but not what they are or how to get them.

    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

    GimeC on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    GimeC wrote: »
    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

    Mostly puzzles based on mechanics found throughout the game. A little side storyline.

    Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    GimeC wrote: »
    Hey! I've been avoiding spoilers for this like the plague and just finished the single player game--so awesome! Oh gods! Etc. etc.

    I wanted to ask the thread a favor--can I get a no-spoiler summary of what chapters have things like secret rooms, easter eggs, etc.? ie., something like "there are secret rooms in Chapters 3, 4, and 6" but not what they are or how to get them.

    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

    I believe Chapters 2 & 3 have secret rooms (one of which is involved in an achievement). I forget what chapters the others are in. I want to say one is in Chapter 5.

    Edit: There is also what might be considered an easter egg near the end of Chapter 3. The location of which will most assuredly draw your attention (you literally can't miss this), but you may miss the specific cool thing if you don't stop to examine it :P

    Edit 2: Also, this may not classify as an easter egg, but pretty much anytime Wheatly asks you to do something or go somewhere, just wait. He almost always has a ton of extra dialog and most of it is hilarious.

    Spoilery specifics:
    They are Ratman rooms (not counting some of the other Ratman rooms because they are totally not hidden):

    In the test chamber that is mostly water with aerial faceplates (want to say the second aerial faceplate one), it's approximately opposite to the room entrance. Involved in "Final Transmission." You need to use the aerial faceplates and portals to fling yourself to it. I believe this is in Chapter 2.

    In Chapter 3, there is a room with a light bridge, a laser, and a button. The light bridge and laser are in a little alcove left of where you enter. Getting the laser in the laser detector thing raises a platform to the exit, and hitting the button opens the exit. Ratman room is above that alcove - use the light bridge to get there. There's a secret Developer Commentary here if you are playing with that on (it plays modem sounds which apparently translate into images that talk about the ARG). Pretty sure this is in Chapter 3, like halfway through or something.

    Other than those, there is a drydock where the Borealis was (think this is Chapter 5, not sure), and a room with a special portrait in one of the other chapters (6?). Both achievement fodder :P

    Edit: The Easter Egg is Chell's name on one of the "Bring Your Daughter to Work" science fair projects.

    Warlock82 on
    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    GimeC wrote: »
    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

    Mostly puzzles based on mechanics found throughout the game. A little side storyline.

    There's some great dialog and the story, while minimal, might not be as good if you let it get spoiled.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's always gonna be people on the 360achievements forums and the like willing to make trial accounts to trade that cheevo with others.

    pablo_price on
    Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
  • BursarBursar Photo Raptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So yesterday people were saying that the credits
    song was implying that GLaDOS didn't actually delete Caroline. Except the song itself has these lyrics:

    "Goodbye my only friend (Caroline)
    Oh, did you think I meant you? (Chell)
    That would be funny
    if it weren't so sad
    Well you have been replaced
    I don't need anyone now
    When I delete you maybe
    I'll stop feeling so bad

    I just noticed that the other day and wanted to point it out.
    Better yet, in the on-screen text it says [redacted]. GlaDOS misses Chell. She, of course, doesn't want you to know this.

    So, um... Maybe I'm being stupid, but
    It sure sounds to me that she's saying
    "I'll stop feeling so glad."

    With the [REDACTED] there, I have no way to present evidence for other than to ask you to listen for it.

    But the way I take that is the GLaDOS feels happy to be rid of Chell, but she also feel happy for Chell that she's getting her freedom. Since GLaDOS knows she's supposed to hate Chell, it bothers her that she feels that way, so she's going to delete her memory of Chell and get on with SCIENCE using the robots.
    Then again, from my posting history it's clear that I'm seeing too much into things.

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Deputy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    GimeC wrote: »
    Hey! I've been avoiding spoilers for this like the plague and just finished the single player game--so awesome! Oh gods! Etc. etc.

    I wanted to ask the thread a favor--can I get a no-spoiler summary of what chapters have things like secret rooms, easter eggs, etc.? ie., something like "there are secret rooms in Chapters 3, 4, and 6" but not what they are or how to get them.

    Also: Should I be super wary of co-op spoilers? Ie., is there a story to it as well, or is it more of just a straight puzzles thing?

    I believe Chapters 2 & 3 have secret rooms (one of which is involved in an achievement). I forget what chapters the others are in. I want to say one is in Chapter 5.

    Edit: There is also what might be considered an easter egg near the end of Chapter 3. The location of which will most assuredly draw your attention (you literally can't miss this), but you may miss the specific cool thing if you don't stop to examine it :P

    Edit 2: Also, this may not classify as an easter egg, but pretty much anytime Wheatly asks you to do something or go somewhere, just wait. He almost always has a ton of extra dialog and most of it is hilarious.

    Spoilery specifics:
    They are Ratman rooms (not counting some of the other Ratman rooms because they are totally not hidden):

    In the test chamber that is mostly water with aerial faceplates (want to say the second aerial faceplate one), it's approximately opposite to the room entrance. Involved in "Final Transmission." You need to use the aerial faceplates and portals to fling yourself to it. I believe this is in Chapter 2.

    In Chapter 3, there is a room with a light bridge, a laser, and a button. The light bridge and laser are in a little alcove left of where you enter. Getting the laser in the laser detector thing raises a platform to the exit, and hitting the button opens the exit. Ratman room is above that alcove - use the light bridge to get there. There's a secret Developer Commentary here if you are playing with that on (it plays modem sounds which apparently translate into images that talk about the ARG). Pretty sure this is in Chapter 3, like halfway through or something.

    Other than those, there is a drydock where the Borealis was (think this is Chapter 5, not sure), and a room with a special portrait in one of the other chapters (6?). Both achievement fodder :P

    Edit: The Easter Egg is Chell's name on one of the "Bring Your Daughter to Work" science fair projects.

    FYI, they're called "faith plates".

    jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bursar wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So yesterday people were saying that the credits
    song was implying that GLaDOS didn't actually delete Caroline. Except the song itself has these lyrics:

    "Goodbye my only friend (Caroline)
    Oh, did you think I meant you? (Chell)
    That would be funny
    if it weren't so sad
    Well you have been replaced
    I don't need anyone now
    When I delete you maybe
    I'll stop feeling so bad

    I just noticed that the other day and wanted to point it out.
    Better yet, in the on-screen text it says [redacted]. GlaDOS misses Chell. She, of course, doesn't want you to know this.

    So, um... Maybe I'm being stupid, but
    It sure sounds to me that she's saying
    "I'll stop feeling so glad."

    With the [REDACTED] there, I have no way to present evidence for other than to ask you to listen for it.

    But the way I take that is the GLaDOS feels happy to be rid of Chell, but she also feel happy for Chell that she's getting her freedom. Since GLaDOS knows she's supposed to hate Chell, it bothers her that she feels that way, so she's going to delete her memory of Chell and get on with SCIENCE using the robots.
    Then again, from my posting history it's clear that I'm seeing too much into things.
    Like 99.99999% sure it's "sad". It's listed as "sad" on pretty much everything if you look up the lyrics.

    Edit: Take that back, I am 100% sure because they subtitle that song if you turn them on (why I don't know, the lyrics are RIGHT THERE with this one exception).

    Warlock82 on
    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Solve your problems by Hulk Smashing them with lightning fists! Or just throw hammers. A lot of hammers. Like... A LOTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are they Emancipation "Grids" or "Grills"?

    I thought it was Grids, but it sounds like GLaDOS and another character call them Grills

    Skull2185 on
    Shooting works too, I guess.
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The 'different' turrets.
    The answer is beneath us. Don't make lemonade. Her name is Caroline. Talking about Prometheus......oh the foreshadowing.

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Are they Emancipation "Grids" or "Grills"?

    I thought it was Grids, but it sounds like GLaDOS and another character call them Grills

    Not sure if that name is accurate, as they don't cook test subjects...often

    override367 on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Believe it's grids

    Warlock82 on
    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Portal 1 calls them Grids. I didn't have the subtitles on, but I thought Portal 2 was calling them Grills, too.

    Edit: Who's making the new thread?

    AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Solve your problems by Hulk Smashing them with lightning fists! Or just throw hammers. A lot of hammers. Like... A LOTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Edit: Who's making the new thread?

    Wheatley, I believe

    Skull2185 on
    Shooting works too, I guess.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The 'different' turrets.
    The answer is beneath us. Don't make lemonade. Her name is Caroline. Talking about Prometheus......oh the foreshadowing.

    There is a TON of foreshadowing in this game. Ending spoilers:
    The automated gentleman guide talks about being wary of areas that aren't shielded from space. There are others, but they slip my mind right now.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Portal 1 calls them Grids. I didn't have the subtitles on, but I thought Portal 2 was calling them Grills, too.

    Edit: Who's making the new thread?

    on it, give me a moment

    Alegis on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    The 'different' turrets.
    The answer is beneath us. Don't make lemonade. Her name is Caroline. Talking about Prometheus......oh the foreshadowing.

    There is a TON of foreshadowing in this game. Ending spoilers:
    The automated gentleman guide talks about being wary of areas that aren't shielded from space. There are others, but they slip my mind right now.
    He also says Aperture's systems are able to function in apocolyptic environments as low as 1.1V (aka the voltage of the GlaDOS potato)

    Warlock82 on
    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    haha damn. I didn't notice
    even after listening to the different turret for so long.

    <3


    new thread up

    Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.