As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Video Game Industry Thread: Rhymes are for Losers you Sales Thread Users.

1575859606163»

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sony wont be able to brush this off, this is the top story on every news site from CNN to Google News.

dbrock270 on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Unless MS gets hacked or something happens to Live you know they must be doing high fives right now.

Nintendo on the other hand is probably looking at this and asking one another if they really want to bother with online.

Cade on
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was on Facebook earlier today and my Sony Defense Force friends were saying that this is just another reason why Playstation is better than Xbox because of how "Sony handled the situation."

dbrock270 on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    I still suspect a continuation of the GeoHot situation.

I do too - after the Anonymous attack I remember a quote from either Sony or their security company kind of saying the attack was weak and just an annoyance. Publicly calling out a hacker attack as weak seems like a pretty strong invitation for hackers to "bring it on".

Lindsay Lohan on
  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    I still suspect a continuation of the GeoHot situation.

I do too - after the Anonymous attack I remember a quote from either Sony or their security company kind of saying the attack was weak and just an annoyance. Publicly calling out a hacker attack as weak seems like a pretty strong invitation for hackers to "bring it on".

I hope that they are able to figure out who did this hack but he will be near impossible to find (unsecured neighbour wifi for all your illicit needs).

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This whole thing is making me seriously rethink having my CC info stored anywhere, and all of a sudden Nintendo's looking pretty smart making me enter that info every single time.

I suspect that was never intentional, but it sure as hell is never changing now.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44092/PSN-downtime-costs-dev-thousands
    One studio expects a 5-10 per cent drop in business from estimated two-week outage

The ongoing global shutdown of the PlayStation Network has left a UK studio with “absolutely no revenues” for a week.

The head of the studio, who wishes to remain anonymous, predicts further woes when the network comes back online.

“What we’re concerned about is how many people are going to come back after the PlayStation Network comes back online,” the person said.

“There may be a lot of people who won’t want to spend their money through PlayStation Network now. We’re expecting a 5-10 per cent drop in business.”

Sister site Develop has the full story.

Couscous on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    This whole thing is making me seriously rethink having my CC info stored anywhere, and all of a sudden Nintendo's looking pretty smart making me enter that info every single time.

I suspect that was never intentional, but it sure as hell is never changing now.

I don't mind that at all. Friend codes on the other hand...

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited April 2011
    Also, everybody previously banned is now rebanned.

Couscous on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So every time I see an article about Nintendo it's either about their HD system, or how they are DOOMED because the 3DS is selling poorly.

How poorly is poorly?

urahonky on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    So every time I see an article about Nintendo it's either about their HD system, or how they are DOOMED because the 3DS is selling poorly.

How poorly is poorly?

Just "not up to our projections".

Magic Pink on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3.6m instead of 4m.

Doomed.

LewieP on
    edited April 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

How poorly is poorly?

Just "not up to our projections".

Which is only because there wasn't one of those "MUST HAVE" games that released with it... I mean, at least the DS had Super Mario 64DS.

That said, I'll probably be getting one in the next week or so.

urahonky on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll wait for the inevitable 3DSi or whatever it'll be called.

Diarmuid on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need a 3dXL. I've become a size queen.

Magic Pink on
    edited April 2011
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    I'll wait for the inevitable 3DSi or whatever it'll be called.

Yeah. I thought about it... But I really want one now because of the AR stuff.

urahonky on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cloud, we need a new thread.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Which is only because there wasn't one of those "MUST HAVE" games that released with it... I mean, at least the DS had Super Mario 64DS.

That said, I'll probably be getting one in the next week or so.

We determined earlier in the thread that it is also due to launching in spring at a pretty high price and the in-store demos are not widely enough available and/or are shitty.

Anyway, what games are you thinking of getting? In case you haven't been following, everyone's been oohing and aahing over Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, and if you like games like Advance Wars or FFTactics you might want to give it a try.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So tri-Ace is having two games published by Konami, a 3DS game and a multiplayer PSP game. Their last game was published by Sega. They're breaking away from Square Enix lately.

Are they trying to shop around or are they trying to have their eggs in all different baskets?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited April 2011
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/110426/index.html
    Sweet data including European sales.
    09l.jpg
    10l.jpg
    11l.jpg
    13l.jpg
    14l.jpg
    15l.jpg
    16l.jpg
    17l.jpg
    18l.jpg
    20l.jpg
    21l.jpg
    23l.jpg
    24l.jpg
    26l.jpg
    28l.jpg
    29l.jpg
    31l.jpg
    33l.jpg
    Total extracted from the graph by me (error: +/- 16k):

PS3: 1.09 million
    360: 0.76 million
    WII: 0.75 million

Japan + US + "Europe" Q1 hardware sales(all up to week 13):

PS3: 2.45 million
    360: 2.09 million
    WII: 2.00 million

NDS: 2.48 million
    3DS: 1.64 million
    PSP: 1.43 million

Couscous on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I've become a size queen.

Muahahahaha.
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Cloud, we need a new thread.

Aw dang, looks like it's time to slip on the ole albatross again. Give me a minute.

Edit: Hey, could someone link me to the latest NPD info so I can stick it in the OP?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293