Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

NBC Thursday Night Comedies Yay!

1575859606163»

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I've finally decided to give up on watching 30 Rock. It's pretty clear to me that they're going to keep doing things I don't really laugh at, and that's okay.

last week is what made me start thinking it was maybe time to be done

is this week not worth catching?

www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I could only deal with like, five minutes of it

edited April 2011
    the last three or four episodes I have just totally zoned out for the last halves of (sentences!!)

welp! farewell, sweet prince. You had some funny jokes a few years back

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There were some good bits.

Just not enough of them.

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
    edited April 2011
    also I don't know why tonight's Office isn't getting some more talking because the way they
    Spoiler:

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ugh April is my type so hard it's not even funny.

That scene with her talking about her house rules and "Do you want my gum?", totally did that with a girl (but with a bolus of bread and cheese).

Yeah I do this all the time with the wife

and this episode of 30 Rock wasn't too bad, but they're definitely running out of steam or something

I want it to bounce back, we didn't get enough good 30 Rock

polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    also I don't know why tonight's Office isn't getting some more talking because the way they
    Spoiler:

Yes it was, shit I can never remember the good lines afterward.

What the fuck is up with Will Ferrel though, I guess his straight man is unraveling fast even for an Office character.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • HuxleyHuxley Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Let the record show that I look like Taye Diggs.

• The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I kinda loved the Office tonight.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I kinda loved the Office tonight.

everything sans Will Ferrell was perfect (and even the scene where he goes on the sales trip with Andy was fine since Andy got to have a great little moment)

but that tag with the cake was just horrible. Left a bad taste in my mouth after what was a really great farewell for Michael

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah pretty much.

In general the whole arc could've been done without him.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Zap RowsdowerZap Rowsdower Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Damn. Forgot it was Office Thursday. NBC or Hulu has it at like 5 don't they?

troy.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla Hi, buddy! Kickin' chairs.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can

can I talk about the Studio 60 twitterverse that is going on because it is equal parts glorious and horrifying

There is basically a second season of Studio 60 going on via twitter

some dude (or dudes) made 8 twitter accounts for characters on the show and are tweeting amongst each other in perfect character with pretty good writing

DC Pierson (of Derrick Comedy) has even joined in, playing along as a new addition to the cast

edited April 2011
    I dunno if it was the ultra confidence or the centaur legs but Leslie Knope was lookin good tonight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Office made me tear up a couple times tonight

edited April 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Can

can I talk about the Studio 60 twitterverse that is going on because it is equal parts glorious and horrifying

some dude (or dudes) made 8 twitter accounts for characters on the show and are tweeting amongst each other in perfect character with pretty good writing

DC Pierson (of Derrick Comedy) has even joined in, playing along as a new addition to the cast

if it's well written it can't be an official continuation of the show because the show was fucking terrible

edited April 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Can

if it's well written it can't be an official continuation of the show because the show was fucking terrible
    Nope!

edited April 2011
    blank you will not defend studio 60 at me

that show was a w f u l

• UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i loved Studio 60

CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
    edited April 2011
    maybe the writers on a comedy show will save my opinion from terrorists somehow

• nateknatek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    Studio 60 was fantastic and Geebs is a Dumb Buttface

edited April 2011
    Studio 60 had some really interesting bits but everytime they actually showed any of the "sketches" on thier supposed comedy show it was really distracting because it was never funny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    or maybe they will send a series of animals down a small hole in an attempt to capture my opinion and maybe change it meanwhile a writer will take a stand over a bad sketch called "crazy christians"

edited April 2011
    One or two were, but yeah the sketches were definitely the weakest part

I just found the behind the scenes world of a SNL-esque show fascinating

also the fact that the opening scene of the first episode was a commentary on modern SNL on the same network

This discussion has been closed.