As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NBC Thursday Night Comedies Yay!

1575859606163»

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2011
    I kinda loved the Office tonight.

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I kinda loved the Office tonight.

everything sans Will Ferrell was perfect (and even the scene where he goes on the sales trip with Andy was fine since Andy got to have a great little moment)

but that tag with the cake was just horrible. Left a bad taste in my mouth after what was a really great farewell for Michael

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah pretty much.

In general the whole arc could've been done without him.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Zap RowsdowerZap Rowsdower Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn. Forgot it was Office Thursday. NBC or Hulu has it at like 5 don't they?

Zap Rowsdower on
    troy.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can

can I talk about the Studio 60 twitterverse that is going on because it is equal parts glorious and horrifying

There is basically a second season of Studio 60 going on via twitter

some dude (or dudes) made 8 twitter accounts for characters on the show and are tweeting amongst each other in perfect character with pretty good writing

DC Pierson (of Derrick Comedy) has even joined in, playing along as a new addition to the cast

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2011
    I dunno if it was the ultra confidence or the centaur legs but Leslie Knope was lookin good tonight

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Office made me tear up a couple times tonight

Grey Ghost on
    edited April 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Can

can I talk about the Studio 60 twitterverse that is going on because it is equal parts glorious and horrifying

some dude (or dudes) made 8 twitter accounts for characters on the show and are tweeting amongst each other in perfect character with pretty good writing

DC Pierson (of Derrick Comedy) has even joined in, playing along as a new addition to the cast

if it's well written it can't be an official continuation of the show because the show was fucking terrible

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2011
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Can

if it's well written it can't be an official continuation of the show because the show was fucking terrible
    Nope!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2011
    blank you will not defend studio 60 at me

that show was a w f u l

DJ Eebs on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i loved Studio 60

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited April 2011
    maybe the writers on a comedy show will save my opinion from terrorists somehow

DJ Eebs on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    maybe!

natek on
    edited April 2011
    Studio 60 was fantastic and Geebs is a Dumb Buttface

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2011
    Studio 60 had some really interesting bits but everytime they actually showed any of the "sketches" on thier supposed comedy show it was really distracting because it was never funny.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    or maybe they will send a series of animals down a small hole in an attempt to capture my opinion and maybe change it meanwhile a writer will take a stand over a bad sketch called "crazy christians"

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2011
    One or two were, but yeah the sketches were definitely the weakest part

I just found the behind the scenes world of a SNL-esque show fascinating

also the fact that the opening scene of the first episode was a commentary on modern SNL on the same network

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.