As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BRINK] Hang on, the Boat-Bus is in for some chop! (OUT NOW!)

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    At least on your favourite servers.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I want BRINK, not DRUNK.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I want to BRINK while I'm DRUNK.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »

Is that SMART?

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Decoy wrote: »
    But what happens when you realise that you are also someone who moves?

Cobain'd....

Impossible. Too heavy to move, too armed to die.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IF you are thinking about buying a single-player game or a multi-player game, buy the MP game first. You need to get MP games as close to launch as possible.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IF you are thinking about buying a single-player game or a multi-player game, buy the MP game first. You need to get MP games as close to launch as possible.

But The Witcher 2 is shiny!

Antithesis on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Antithesis wrote: »

I'm so glad Brink got pushed up a week. Having 3 games that I want to play all drop on the same week was going to kill me.

Still have to figure out if I'm going to pick up and play LA Noire first before diving into the Witcher 2. All the while I'll probably be dumping many hours into Brinks MP with you all.

So much awesome, so little time D:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Antithesis wrote: »

I'm so glad Brink got pushed up a week. Having 3 games that I want to play all drop on the same week was going to kill me.

Still have to figure out if I'm going to pick up and play LA Noire first before diving into the Witcher 2. All the while I'll probably be dumping many hours into Brinks MP with you all.

So much awesome, so little time D:

And it's not even November. :D

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Page- wrote: »
    Smaller user bases turns the game into Cheers. Who doesn't love that?

If that's the case then I can't wait to see the spin-off.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »

Is that SMART?
    Brilliant. :mrgreen:

Chronocide on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IS IT MAY YET

Senshi on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Senshi wrote: »
    IS IT MAY YET

NO BRINK BUS WILL GET THERE WHEN BRINK BUS GETS THERE

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WHYYYYYYYYYY

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WHYYYYYYYYYY

BECAUSE PARKOUR

THATS WHY

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    WHYYYYYYYYYY

BECAUSE PARKOUR

THATS WHY

I SWEAR IF YOU TWO DON'T QUIET DOWN BACK THERE I WILL TURN THIS BRINK AROUND!

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IS IT MAY YET

Are you actually going to have a computer you can play it on when it's out? It's not too long ago you told me you do your computer-y stuff on a phone.

Peewi on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good thing I'm about to hit 15th Prestige, because when Brink hits, I'm all over that thing like a fat kid on a cupcake.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh shit, are we bringing back the bus? I think the BLOPS BUS is still sitting in Scat's yard; a fresh coat of paint and I think we can do this thing.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    1 week, 3 days, and 15 hours to go. I am not going to make it. These last several months have been devoid of a good online FPS.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Brink on the Brink Bus!

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No no no.

A boat would be far more appropriate.

If only there was some song which emphasised how awesome it is to be on a boat... oh well.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Art of Brink at IGN. Brink has a really cool style, this is a neat article.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well two weeks to go. The good news is that if I get the game on release day (which is not a certainty) I'll be able to play it for a bit on Friday night and I finish work at 4pm on Saturday so I can play Saturday night (hopefully it'll come on Sat at the latest) and all through Sunday. Also means I'll be able to get drunk!

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But what about the style of douchey clothing, Juggalo face paint and gimp masks?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the body type styles. Very sculpture-y looking.

Also I like how even though Security is a bit less flashy, they manage to have a shitload of possible "police-ish" options for outfits. I totally want to just be like, a light rent-a-cop. Worst day on the job this year, dudes.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fellow BLOPSers, will you be Brinking it up on the 360 or PC?

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Art of Brink at IGN. Brink has a really cool style, this is a neat article.
    But what about the style of douchey clothing, Juggalo face paint and gimp masks?
    I'm a huge fan of the body type styles. Very sculpture-y looking.

Also I like how even though Security is a bit less flashy, they manage to have a shitload of possible "police-ish" options for outfits. I totally want to just be like, a light rent-a-cop. Worst day on the job this year, dudes.

I guess there is clown face paint, and there are some stupid looking pants, but I don't think Brink is aiming to be a juggalo game, haha..

I think the masks we have seen all look cool, even the weirdo "Eel" one that looks like a spider's face full of eyes.

The Security team on the tram, headed to the Aquarium, in the latest gameplay footage (from the mg247 thing) look like mall cops or campus security and I love it, haha.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    Brink on the Brink Bus!

milk ducks on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So a question, mostly directed at That_Guy (since he has the most experience) but anyone feel free to jump in: I am going to get a server set up for Brink, and the fact that there isn't just one partner (a la GameServers for BLOPS) I'm wondering if there are certain companies that are just better than others with hosting, and ones I should avoid all together?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    well broke down and preordered this.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    no worriesno worries Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So it looks like they are planning to have Steam pre-loading a couple days prior.

Now I just hope D2D sends keys out early so I can get in on that. I imagine Steam will be slammed after 9pm on the 9th.

no worries on
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gettin' crunk on the brink boat. woop.

goggles on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DrDreidel wrote: »

BRINK BRINK BRINK BRINK BRINK!!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if SD took the day off for the Royal Wedding.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I was really hoping for another entry in the Get Smart Series today. Looks like it aint happenin.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So a question, mostly directed at That_Guy (since he has the most experience) but anyone feel free to jump in: I am going to get a server set up for Brink, and the fact that there isn't just one partner (a la GameServers for BLOPS) I'm wondering if there are certain companies that are just better than others with hosting, and ones I should avoid all together?
    If you do get a server, and this applies to everyone, please PM me your server details and I'll gladly post that info into the OP.

Also keep in mind that since Brink's servers are freely available (unlike most big AAA PC shooters these days), you don't HAVE to go through a game server hosting company. If you've got a decent PC connected somewhere with a beefy (non-residential) connection, that will probably be sufficient to run a Brink server.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

About tree siddy

I'm not preordering this, there just isn't enough incentive (Read: Free shit & Discounts) to make me want to. Oooh a free mask or hat? Everyone and their brother is going to have it and its quickly going to be tossed under the bus when they unlock new stuff.

I'll just wait till a week before it drops and check out KMART's weekly deals and get $10-$15 back when I buy it.

iRevert on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

360. When I can afford it. Which ... um... could be a bit.

EDIT: Apparently I need to learn about K-Mart deals.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
This discussion has been closed.