As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anybody going to Epic Game Day at AFK Tavern on the 30th? There's a number of tabletop, mtg, and other games being ran by various people including WotC staff, it's a lot of fun.

Reservations just opened. I signed up for a D&D game and will probably be there regardless, hope to see some of you guys around too.

Speaking of AFK, they're having a Zombie night on the 23rd, if that interests anybody. I'll be there that night, but for other reasons.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, you KNOW I'm down for some BBQ'd meats, and hang out times! Rain or shine!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • PythosPythos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Possibility of me being in Seattle by June if my transfer comes through for work. Not exactly sure when I will be arriving though, but I am totally interested in BBQ if I am up there by the 11th. I may even bring some Texas BBQ with.

I'll wait to RSVP when I know for sure when I will be up there.

Pythos on
    PinnyPal Lanyard

azNQyjX.png

XBLA: Pythos07
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    So if the weather turns out to be ultra shit (it was one year, was kind of balls) I may do a last minute swap for this to be at my house, I could put a cover over my deck so we could BBQ in the rain.
    Be sure to check this thread the day before the BBQ so we have a good idea on the weather.

So far we are 3-1 for the weather being good (I think it was 2008 with the shitty weather) so with any luck it will continue to be decent weather on this weekend.
    It was most defiantly 2008 that was the shit weather. It was my first time going. Managed to bring a cover for one of the tables.

As always, PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE OMGWTFBBQ PLS

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in for BBQ as well!

Nullthread on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm down for the BBQ as well...I just requested the day for Eeps graduation...might as well pregame with some fantastic meats

JonnyNero on
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in! Barring any last minute work insanity, of course... I've got a pop-up 10x10 canopy that I'd be happy to bring if needed.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm in for both the BBQ and Eeps party. That is going to be an awesome day even with some crappy rain.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Anybody going to Epic Game Day at AFK Tavern on the 30th? There's a number of tabletop, mtg, and other games being ran by various people including WotC staff, it's a lot of fun.

Reservations just opened. I signed up for a D&D game and will probably be there regardless, hope to see some of you guys around too.

I've put in a reservation request. I've still not been to the place (stuff pops up whenever friends have suggested it) so will be nice to see.

emimonster on
    edited April 2011
    Allllright, anyone into metal? Upcoming shows:

4.27 // Destruction, Heathen, Scorched-Earth, Warbeast @ Studio Seven
    4.28 // Aseethe, Gladiators Eat Fire, Sacrament Ov Impurity, Blood Hunger @ 2Bit
    4.29 // Sedna, Gravenloch, BaaL Beryth @ Galway Arms (Really good local bands; I've seen them already, but they worth going to again!)
    5.11 // Anhedonist, Ealdath @ Mercury
    5.13 // Sepultura, Belphegor, Hate, Keep Of Kalessin, Neuraxis, Bonded By Blood @ El Corazon (In for Belphegor and Keep mostly!)

There's a few more...but if someone is interested in them, let me know if you want to meet up! I am mostly interested in black metal, doom/sludge, and some tech death. I'm sure there are gamer-metalheads out there.

Nullthread on
  • CommanderTonyCommanderTony Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jesus Christ....did all of those bands pick their names with a naming generator?

CommanderTony on
    3-Day pass (X) | Travel plans (X) | Hotel room (X) | Enough money...god damnit!
    edited April 2011
    I listen only to Dethklok.

LexiconGrrl on
    edited April 2011
    Jesus Christ....did all of those bands pick their names with a naming generator?

No, they are just trying really hard. :P Metal aesthetics are not to be taken seriously....some people do. Regardless, I love every cheesy thing about it.

Nullthread on
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For the technically inclined:

badge2011-large.png

Come check it out, Linuxfest Northwest open source festival. Free beer (yes thats right, FREE BEER) Learn about free or inexpensive options that are out there for computers and industries.

April 30th - May 1st 10am to 5pm (that is THIS weekend)
    Bellingham Technical College campus

japerry on
    7jIDTca.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Next Friday (May 6) Powerglove will be at El Corazon with Symphony X and some others. Anybody going? I want to be able to hang out with people. xD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    japerry wrote: »
    For the technically inclined:

badge2011-large.png

Come check it out, Linuxfest Northwest open source festival. Free beer (yes thats right, FREE BEER) Learn about free or inexpensive options that are out there for computers and industries.

April 30th - May 1st 10am to 5pm (that is THIS weekend)
    Bellingham Technical College campus

Oh, if only I had known about this. I still don't think I could get out of the two community events I'm doing this weekend, but I might have made an effort.
    Guess I gotta keep lurking on the dev boards til next year.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey is anyone going to this?

http://www.afktavern.com/eventpage.php?id=137

because I'll be there helping produce a live show there. I hope a lot of you make it.

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
    edited April 2011
    CatBoy wrote: »

because I'll be there helping produce a live show there. I hope a lot of you make it.

I signed up for a couple events, but never got a confirmation. I'll still probably show up and hang out for a while though, because I'm there a lot anyway.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CatBoy wrote: »

I signed up for a couple events, but never got a confirmation. I'll still probably show up and hang out for a while though, because I'm there a lot anyway.

I JUST got my confirmation a day ago despite signing up weeks ago. And even if they haven't gotten to you, ya, still show up. I'm sure there will be plenty of on-the-spot stuff, and ppl to talk to. And hey, it's only a drive to Everett.

emimonster on
    edited April 2011
    I recently lived about a 5 minute drive from there actually, and have been a regular at AFK since the very day it opened. I'm not too far now, but I still go when I can, especially when I know most of the staff fairly well including a buddy of mine who works there.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I recently lived about a 5 minute drive from there actually, and have been a regular at AFK since the very day it opened. I'm not too far now, but I still go when I can, especially when I know most of the staff fairly well including a buddy of mine who works there.

He was our waiter when we were there last :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited April 2011
    Yeah so I heard, I already moved at that point and didn't have a vehicle otherwise I would have stopped by. You should let us know next time you find yourself there.

Also, if you're planning a LAN any time within the next couple months, don't pick the weekend of June 18th. I'm planning a big one. xD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited May 2011
    OH SHIT WHAT IS THIS IM CONFUSED

LAN!!!!!!!
    May 20th-22nd

4229926621_5d065ce11a.jpg

Still haven't worked around the paypal issues... working on it (possibly for June ill be ready)

So to break back into doing LANs again... We are doing a LANlite. By that I mean I will be providing nothing for the LAN. NOTHING I TELLS YA

Other than the space, power, facilities, BBQ, and beer that is.
    I'm sure we can all pool together to go in on a dinner, or people can fend for themselves. ill have a BBQ gassed up and available.

Heres the skinny.

$10 + a 12pack or so of pop or water to share
    CASH ONLY

If this is successful and there aren't a lot of noshows I might try it again. Depends how flaky people are.

Maximum of 28 people.
    YOUR WORD IS YOUR BOND

Usual house party rules apply:
    (no getting sick, you want access to liquor stash you donate a bottle to the stash, no being stupid, no showing up sick), Beer out of kegerator $2 per pint donation.

PEOPLE GOING:
    28/28
    1: BigRed
    2: Ris3nda3mon
    3: Avian
    4: Snickers
    5: Nullthread
    6: darc
    7: Smalllady
    8: Wedge
    9: UberBeth
    10: mateo
    11: nianiania
    12: Sesh
    13: Coldbrew
    14: catboy
    15: Azazel
    16: Darc +1
    17: dya
    18: SSTwinrova
    19: Pinder
    20: Lord Moon
    21: Jaiden
    22: Wormdundee
    23: Heleor
    24: oxfroggy
    25: munkyboy
    26: North
    27: Cronus
    28: ashex

For people who dont know, crash space is available. I have 7 sumos in the house plus a lot of floorspace. Bring towel/blanket/pillow.

BigRed on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dammit Red.

I'll give you some cash, but I don't think I can come. My wife's birthday is that weekend and we have all weekend plans. I will pitch in, though.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited May 2011
    Just to double-RSVP, like a boss, I'M SO IN!

Snickers on
    edited May 2011
    I'm IN. I must be next to Snickers again. SNICKERS, NEXT TO ME.

Also, I could help out with cooking or anything like that. :>

Nullthread on
    edited May 2011
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Dammit Red.

I'll give you some cash, but I don't think I can come. My wife's birthday is that weekend and we have all weekend plans. I will pitch in, though.

Booo :( No need to pitch in if you arent going :P

BigRed on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would like to RSVP for both the OMGWTFBBW, and BigRed's lan party.

Also!!! Could anyone give me a ride to-from Red's lanparty? I live in lower queen anne by the space needle. :)

nianiania on
    2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
    edited May 2011
    nianiania wrote: »
    I would like to RSVP for both the OMGWTFBBW, and BigRed's lan party.

Also!!! Could anyone give me a ride to-from Red's lanparty? I live in lower queen anne by the space needle. :)

Sweet, new peoples :D

BigRed on
    edited May 2011
    I will be at the LAN for sure. I have two jobs now which means yay monies, and I shouldn't have a problem getting the weekend off either.
    I also may have a +1 if that's cool (he's not on the forums but has been to your LAN's before).

Unrelated, anybody going to the Symphony X / Powerglove show on Friday?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Dammit Red.

Booo :( No need to pitch in if you arent going :P

Yeah, I know there's no *need*, but since I'm so badass and I want to make sure your shit is covered...I'm going to do it anyhow.

So put a sock in it, princess. :P

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guess I'm signing up for this one. Hold the applause.

Wormdundee on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Unfortunately, I'm on the hook for showing my parents around town that weekend, so I'm out. :(

Next time, though, next time.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited May 2011
    Has anyone tried the new Card Kingdom gaming store and pub in Ballard? No website for the storefront yet, but it looks like they opened this week. If you've been - how does it compare to the AFK? Good spot for a forumer meetup?

LexiconGrrl on
  • SilentgreenSilentgreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm going to the Rammstein concert in Tacoma on May 15th if anybody else from the area is going to maybe we could carpool or something.

Silentgreen on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm in for the LAN if there's spots left!

Coming from downtown, anyone driving from near there?

Heleor on
    edited May 2011
    Has anyone tried the new Card Kingdom gaming store and pub in Ballard? No website for the storefront yet, but it looks like they opened this week. If you've been - how does it compare to the AFK? Good spot for a forumer meetup?

I think Mike (Gabe) posted/tweeted about it recently, saying it was awesome, so we might have to check it out some time. I'm a regular at AFK and know a good portion of the staff very well, so I'd have to hang out at the new place for a while before I could even consider it being better, but I would like to check it out.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited May 2011
    Well ballard is easier to go to than AFK so ill be hitting that up for sure. Shall we plan a gathering there? Ill do some recon early next week...

BigRed on
    edited May 2011
    Well ballard is easier to go to than AFK so ill be hitting that up for sure. Shall we plan a gathering there? Ill do some recon early next week...

I think we should plan some sort of meetup. Also, I'm down for Recon Assistance!

Snickers on
This discussion has been closed.