As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Eskimo [chat]ters

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    eh

less people wouldn't hurt

Elendil on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    nex I dunno what the deal is

there's a book release thing I should go to at 6 but I could just stop in

would sunday afternoon work for everyone?

Casual Eddy on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Except iirc the trend is for population growth to decline as nations develop and I assume the the thread about what the ideal conditions are to have kids is probably already ruling out "live in an underdeveloped country"

HappylilElf on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I figured it out. I figured it all out.

I've been thinking about it for awhile, but after reminiscing on both Office Space and Valve's budding hat economy, I have come to the undeniable conclusion that Valve is the Fourth Reich.

I quote (from Office Space): "You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear."

How successful IS Valve's hat industry, after all? Pretty damned successful.

They make flair. They create a demand for it. They churn out supply. Sooner or later, everyone's wearing their shit. The only thing that matters is the flair. It's all flair, all the time.

I give us 4 or 5 years tops.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    doc who starts in fifteen minutes

FIFTEEN MINUTES

oh shit I should make some dinner to eat whilst watching it

Daxon on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Argh

Someone used the term "breeder" in an unironic context

My brains are melting D:

Political threads are a breeder ground for this kind of thing.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I meant to get back on the Dr Who horse when they finally put Russell T. Davies out of his misery, but I've yet to summon the will power. I heard good things about the new series. I just can't cross that barrier to actually sit down with it.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited April 2011
    Except iirc the trend is for population growth to decline as nations develop and I assume the the thread about what the ideal conditions are to have kids is probably already ruling out "live in an underdeveloped country"
    given how much we crap use in the first world, even a couple million fewer of us probably would be pretty nice

Elendil on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »
    You're not conservative - it's just there's an online contingent of misanthropists who hate 'breeders' and another contingent of hardcore totalitarian utopianists, and that thread is their terrible intersection.

All pitted against the sort of guys who think MS is character building.

Leitner on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I hear that Russell Brand has now joined the league of legends.

Winky on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've got a can of mushy peas and a can of tuna. I'm terribly tempted to simply mix both together in a bowl and eat it cold.

Will it taste horrible, o [chat] groupmind.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited April 2011
    ronya wrote: »
    I've got a can of mushy peas and a can of tuna. I'm terribly tempted to simply mix both together in a bowl and eat it cold.

Yes because canned peas are quite possibly one of the most vile things known to man

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    given how much we crap use in the first world, even a couple million fewer of us probably would be pretty nice

We are producing so much use that we're just crapping it at this point.

Winky on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

At least heat it up!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited April 2011

The ideal destination for a can of tuna is a tuna sandwich.

Man I haven't had a tuna sandwich in a while.

Winky on
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

We are producing so much use that we're just crapping it at this point.
    christ am I spontaneously developing dyslexia

this is like the sixth time I've done this in the past two days

Elendil on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gah can't wait for the 1.2 patch for Rift to freshen the game up.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited April 2011
    Oh my god

It's only been 30 minutes since I came back from break?

This day is never going to end

HappylilElf on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MOMENTS AWAY FROM DOCTOR WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WRYYYY I AM GONNA BE SO TERRIFIED.

Daxon on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yes.

And then you'll die.

Cinders on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tumblr_lkgq3v2lNH1qawyaco1_500.png

Love the expression on this girl's face.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2011
    tuna is basically dolphin marinated in mercury

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

At least heat it up!

I'll go with that. Hot mashed fish-pea thing.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ronya that just sounds nasty.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited April 2011
    my laziness and my hunger have conspired to overpower any resistance to odd tastes

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey [chat], is it normal to feel unmotivated and kind of ashamed to nearly always be the one inviting himself over to meet other people? I think the last invitation I got was from January when a friend had his birthday. But he invited like a hundred people, so that doesn't really count.

Is it that weird to call me up or shoot me an e-mail inviting me over for idk dinner or movies or a beer? I'm nearly always the one who has to ask. And it's not like all my friends are all the same kind of shy people, they're a very diverse bunch. And when I meet them it's great fun, but if I don't call them up I don't think they'll ever talk to me again or something. I already have separation anxiety after having lost nearly all the friends I ever made, now I can't help fret a lot over other people I know simply not wanting to ever talk to me again.

Aldo on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    tentative googling suggests that pitt isn't...

wait.. that means we get the point back!

And another point for Jack Nicholson!

This has been a fantastic day for reason!

Him and Angelina Jolie were considering bankrolling an Atlas Shrugged movie and starring in it. One doesn't do that unless you have some ties to Objectivism.

Premier kakos on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The best thing about the abduction of sabine women is that he did it basically because someone said "nuh-uh"

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey [chat], is it normal to feel unmotivated and kind of ashamed to nearly always be the one inviting himself over to meet other people? I think the last invitation I got was from January when a friend had his birthday. But he invited like a hundred people, so that doesn't really count.

Is it that weird to call me up or shoot me an e-mail inviting me over for idk dinner or movies or a beer? I'm nearly always the one who has to ask. And it's not like all my friends are all the same kind of shy people, they're a very diverse bunch. And when I meet them it's great fun, but if I don't call them up I don't think they'll ever talk to me again or something. I already have separation anxiety after having lost nearly all the friends I ever made, now I can't help fret a lot over other people I know simply not wanting to ever talk to me again.

Aldo I don't know how I feel about you coming into this thread uninvited.

Winky on
    edited April 2011
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    tentative googling suggests that pitt isn't...

wait.. that means we get the point back!

And another point for Jack Nicholson!

This has been a fantastic day for reason!

Him and Angelina Jolie were considering bankrolling an Atlas Shrugged movie and starring in it. One doesn't do that unless you have some ties to Objectivism.

I thought that was a rumor...?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have been trying to get a hold of Choco for 3-4 hours.

He won't pick up. His sister won't pick up. His mom won't pick up. He's not answering e-mails. He's not answering texts.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2011
    aldo I've encountered that before. basically you need to decide that your friends hate you or they're lazy and forgetful and while they like you, they're simply not inclined to directly ask you.

I mean they don't try to dodge it when you ask

Casual Eddy on
    edited April 2011

He won't pick up. His sister won't pick up. His mom won't pick up. He's not answering e-mails. He's not answering texts.

If none of them are answering, then they probably went to the movies together or something.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2011

He could still be sleeping. He was up late last night on the forums.

Winky on
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

among my circle of friends, it tends to be the same people who keep inviting everyone else to parties

maybe in your circle

it's you

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited April 2011
    there's a groupon for laser hair removal

hmm

Casual Eddy on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, if people are already used to not having to extend invitations to you, that habit won't change regardless of their relationship to you. Ultimately, it's probably not a reflection of how they feel at all.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2011
    there's a groupon for laser hair removal

hmm

Why don't they ever have laser hair addition?

I really want laser hair.

Winky on
    edited April 2011
    ugh nevermind it only does small areas

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.