As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Eskimo [chat]ters

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    ronya wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey [chat], is it normal to feel unmotivated and kind of ashamed to nearly always be the one inviting himself over to meet other people? I think the last invitation I got was from January when a friend had his birthday. But he invited like a hundred people, so that doesn't really count.

Is it that weird to call me up or shoot me an e-mail inviting me over for idk dinner or movies or a beer? I'm nearly always the one who has to ask. And it's not like all my friends are all the same kind of shy people, they're a very diverse bunch. And when I meet them it's great fun, but if I don't call them up I don't think they'll ever talk to me again or something. I already have separation anxiety after having lost nearly all the friends I ever made, now I can't help fret a lot over other people I know simply not wanting to ever talk to me again.

among my circle of friends, it tends to be the same people who keep inviting everyone else to parties

maybe in your circle

it's you

Same here. We had one socialite friend that tended to keep everyone abreast as to what was going on.

Sheep on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ugh nevermind it only does small areas

So just remove a small area of hair.

Get your initials permanently etched into your chest and back.

Robos A Go Go on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    among my circle of friends, it tends to be the same people who keep inviting everyone else to parties

maybe in your circle

it's you
    It's not so much a circle as it's a bunch of people who don't really know each other, or only know of each other. I think the closest thing to a circle is the guys from the computer club back in high school, but I hang out with 2 of them separately most of the time and we only meet as a group once every blue moon.

t Winky: Oh I'm sorry, I'll just give you a call next time I want to maek poast.

t Eddy: The thing with friendships is that they are not like relationships. When someone in a relationship doesnt want to see the other half any more they'll let them know, possibly in a very confronting, angry, frustrated, hateful, distanced, considerate, inconsiderate, roundabout way...but they'll be "breaking up". Friendships don't work like that, when someone does not want to be friends any more they will reduce contact to zero.

Aldo on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i need to get my upper and lower back, tops of my shouders and the tops of my arms

the only area the groupon would apply to that I need is the back of the neck and that didn't seem worth 150

Casual Eddy on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

have you done an all melee run

Nerdgasmic on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

maybe in your circle

it's you
    It's not so much a circle as it's a bunch of people who don't really know each other, or only know of each other. I think the closest thing to a circle is the guys from the computer club back in high school, but I hang out with 2 of them separately most of the time and we only meet as a group once every blue moon.

t Winky: Oh I'm sorry, I'll just give you a call next time I want to maek poast.

t Eddy: The thing with friendships is that they are not like relationships. When someone in a relationship doesnt want to see the other half any more they'll let them know, possibly in a very confronting, angry, frustrated, hateful, distanced, considerate, inconsiderate, roundabout way...but they'll be "breaking up". Friendships don't work like that, when someone does not want to be friends any more they will reduce contact to zero.

If someone genuinely dislikes spending time with you I think they'll try to avoid you when possible

Casual Eddy on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is the best game of DF. We lost all the supplies and five of seven dwarves in an unexpected thawing of the ocean. The two survivors struggle on, haunted by mental illness, no tools except one copper axe and no real useful skills.

Day 1: Crappy beds in a cave.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    guh, my head doesn't feel so great. hope it holds up well enough for me to lift some weights.

Also, I finished Astro City: Dark Ages 2. Such a great series. I think there's a new one coming out real soon.

Dynagrip on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

On to something else

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Mass Effect

But 14 playthroughs of ME2 alone?

That.... that might be too much Mass Effect

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    This is the best game of DF. We lost all the supplies and five of seven dwarves in an unexpected thawing of the ocean. The two survivors struggle on, haunted by mental illness, no tools except one copper axe and no real useful skills.

are you gonna try to survive until the next caravan?

Nerdgasmic on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

that's silly

you're a silly

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

that's silly

you're a silly

do it

nothing but melee and powers

Nerdgasmic on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    guh, my head doesn't feel so great. hope it holds up well enough for me to lift some weights.

Also, I finished Astro City: Dark Ages 2. Such a great series. I think there's a new one coming out real soon.

Yes, it's a collection of the one shot specials. And Amazon is shipping it. I got mine last week.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2011
    If someone genuinely dislikes spending time with you I think they'll try to avoid you when possible
    Avoiding me is ridiculously easy, I work full-time and spend most of my time indoors working on sideprojects or playing vidjagames. I mean, if they dislike me, it'll take me ages to find out about it.

Aldo on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

On to something else

I'd like to move on to something else

but ME3 isn't out yet

Elendil on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

The goal was to do just that, start churning out food crafts and then bring it back from the brink.

Sadly, dwarves can't drink salt water and all the beer was at the bottom of the sea. Hence, they just died of dehydration. Holding one another.

The caravan arrived one day and found the needless deaths, there was just one question,
    "Why did they decided to park their wagon on the frozen shore in the first place?"

Mojo_Jojo on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Trying to watch this LP of Terraria, but damn the guy is annoying. And has the attention span of a gnat.

"So it's dark outside so there'll be monsters so let's go inside but uh I need some wood so let's go out and OH GOD MY FACE"

Echo on
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Trying to watch this LP of Terraria, but damn the guy is annoying. And has the attention span of a gnat.

"So it's dark outside so there'll be monsters so let's go inside but uh I need some wood so let's go out and OH GOD MY FACE"

I tried to watch a video of that, but the guy's voice made me tear my own ears off.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    aldo i have had friends that were always the invitee and never the inviter

didn't mean they werent friends

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2011

The goal was to do just that, start churning out food crafts and then bring it back from the brink.

Sadly, dwarves can't drink salt water and all the beer was at the bottom of the sea. Hence, they just died of dehydration. Holding one another.

The caravan arrived one day and found the needless deaths, there was just one question,
    "Why did they decided to park their wagon on the frozen shore in the first place?"

do you need water to make beer now?

I don't know how mentally ill they are, but couldn't gather some herbs and build a wooden brewery and make some beer?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    Avoiding me is ridiculously easy, I work full-time and spend most of my time indoors working on sideprojects or playing vidjagames. I mean, if they dislike me, it'll take me ages to find out about it.

What age group are we talking here?

I ask because I hang out with friends a lot less these days unless there's a specific event happening. Back in the day I used to hang out with friends on nearly a daily basis but my friends and I have gotten older it's gotten harder to hang out. Life just has a habit of getting in the way as you get older.

HappylilElf on
    edited April 2011

do you need water to make beer now?

I don't know how mentally ill they are, but couldn't gather some herbs and build a wooden brewery and make some beer?

Not in time they couldn't. Thirst is a swift killer.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yes, it's a collection of the one shot specials. And Amazon is shipping it. I got mine last week.

yeah, i ordered it just now. pretty good time for me, though I guess now I'll have to wait years for the next one after it.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2011
    yeah, thirst is pretty brutal

also, you know that pumps can desalinate sea water, right? although they are kind of a hassle to build

Nerdgasmic on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

maybe in your circle

it's you

I am aware that the nature of friendships tends to vary from culture to culture, but... supposing that circles of friends who all know each other tend to form, if I were considering a bunch of people who don't really know each other (but know you), I would suppose that most of those people do have a circle of friends. Who know each other, and who you don't really know. So when they seek people to hang out with, they might not look to you first.

This may or may not be the case, of course.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »

I tried to watch a video of that, but the guy's voice made me tear my own ears off.

Yeah, I gave up.

Do want Terraria, though.

Echo on
    edited April 2011
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

On to something else

I'd like to move on to something else

but ME3 isn't out yet

I so want ME3 to come out. Like, tomorrow. I must admit having played ME1 and ME2 for the first time back to back I'm kind of scared of what they're going to change though

Um, have you played through Portal 2 yet?

HappylilElf on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

yeah, i ordered it just now. pretty good time for me, though I guess now I'll have to wait years for the next one after it.

Most likely. I've been filling in some of the gaps in my collection. Like The Tarnished Angel. But I think I'm completely caught up now.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2011

What age group are we talking here?

I ask because I hang out with friends a lot less these days unless there's a specific event happening. Back in the day I used to hang out with friends on nearly a daily basis but my friends and I have gotten older it's gotten harder to hang out. Life just has a habit of getting in the way as you get older.

Nearly all my friends are twentysomethings, none of us have children [strike]thank god[/strike] yet and nearly everyone is in university/on the hunt for their first real job.

I never hung out with anyone on a daily basis since high school, so that's OK.

Aldo on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    god fucking damn doctor motherfucking who.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    I am aware that the nature of friendships tends to vary from culture to culture, but... supposing that circles of friends who all know each other tend to form, if I were considering a bunch of people who don't really know each other (but know you), I would suppose that most of those people do have a circle of friends. Who know each other, and who you don't really know. So when they seek people to hang out with, they might not look to you first.

This may or may not be the case, of course.
    Cultural differences are pretty minimal between here and US/UK/Germany/Scandinavia/Australia/New Zealand. :P

I guess you're right in that they all have closer friends elsewhere.

Aldo on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    okay that's fantastic.

next week's doctor who is PIRATE EPISODE.

Also this episode was awesome.

Daxon on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Keep bothering them until you get to know some of those people too, then :P

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In the next few days I will either be much healthier and my issues will be treated or I will be in a hospital being treated and supervised.

Take that, depression and suicidal urges.

417.jpg

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, tonight should be rad. Bunch of friends I haven't seen in ages are coming. Should make up for not getting Donglover tickets. Gonna have a goooooood day.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    quesadilla with pepper jack, colby, cheddar, swiss, havarti, and chicken worked well

though when I put it in for two and a half minutes, everything was pretty hot, but the chicken was undercooked

maybe next time I put the chicken in for a minute or two by itself and then the whole thing for a minute and a half

Captain Carrot on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Doctor Who definately did not hold back on the...

doctorwhowhat.jpg

RMS Oceanic on
    edited April 2011
    Keep bothering them until you get to know some of those people too, then :P
    Yea. I guess :?

Aldo on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Doctor Who definately did not hold back on the...

doctorwhowhat.jpg

Do you remember that kid that Captain Jack used to get his 'street' info from? The one that was centuries old but looked like twelve?

Yeah.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sell me on starting to watch Dr. Who. I have it sitting in my Netflix instant queue.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
This discussion has been closed.