As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What I hope for PAX this year...

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I want the Steel Battalion Metacampaign to comeback this year.

Here's hoping Maradine and the others are up for it.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope that Valve is there. Now that Portal 2 is out, I don't think they have anything to show off.. except DOTA 2 maybe? I don't really care about that though.. :(

GeeCee on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope to play some cool new games, get a lot of free stuff, meet a lot of people, check out a concert or two, and hopefully get to see the PA panel, though I suppose it's very popular so I won't be disappointed if I don't get in. Gonna probably bring out my old Magic cards and possibly whip up a few decks since, well, why not? I've already started a list of things I want to take with me.

I haven't been on vacation in years, so I'm really looking forward to this.

tardcore on
  • CrabblesCrabbles Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope to actually get into events that were packed last year.
    I hope to DM some DnD again.
    I hope that people stop telling their life story when they are at the mic and get to the damn question already!

Crabbles on
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As a tabletop regular, I'm actually hoping to spend a bit more time on the floor and trying out a few more demos. I'm one of the few who really didn't pay attention to Portal thinking it was another fps (boy big mistake)
    Also hoping to maybe make the omeganaut list.
    and having said that hoping MOJANG makes it with Minecraft! would love to meet Notch!

Solelron on
  • oskrtgoskrtg Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    I would love a team based Omegathon! So many of us go to PAX as a group of friends, the same group we grew up with and have played games with our whole lives. To be able to pit our skills against another group just like that across a bevy of game content would be superb. But what of those gamers who don't have a running crew? You really think the PAX community wouldn't volunteer themselves to fill in whatever slot that person needed to fill? The PAX community can do anything!

oskrtg on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    The omegathon at PAX East is team based. Teams of two compete instead of singular contestants.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• oskrtgoskrtg Registered User new member
    edited April 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    The omegathon at PAX East is team based. Teams of two compete instead of singular contestants.

Man Moe, you're always so quick on the reply! Thanks for the info, if it isn't in the cards for Prime this year maybe I can get the group to traverse the country for East next year... then there is the whole "hope we're luckily selected out of everyone" thing.

oskrtg on
  • ChaossebbaChaossebba Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What I hope is for some form of MVC3/MK9 tournament because they dont have anything over here and it would be a good experience to happen on my trip, I hope that Valve makes an appearance, and that I overall have a great first experience. Oh and the small chance of being in the Omegathon is exciting

:v

Chaossebba on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope to sleep a minimum of 3 hours a night.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    heels wrote: »

Silly heels, you should know better. I'll be surprised if you sleep at all. Here's to cases and cases of 5 hour energy!

zerzhul on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »
    heels wrote: »

Silly heels, you should know better. I'll be surprised if you sleep at all. Here's to cases and cases of 5 hour energy!

My box of 5 hour energy was stolen before PAX East, I nearly died.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2011
    Somebody told me it was the source of your power. I thought if I drank it all, I would become you.

Instead I just had a heart attack.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope to join the ranks of [E]!

Having been to the show twice I've been thoroughly inundated by enough of your subliminal propaganda that it actually seems like a good idea. Crazy, I know. :P

Nullzone on
  • murtemurte Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AltDelete wrote: »
    I hope I get a pony.

Should be easier :D 275 seats down from ~500

I tried to get the guy at D&D facepaint to do a pax picture on my face but he wouldnt since he was paid by wizardsofthecoast. :( That stuff was so far away anyways, maybe that was good, will kisw be back? with a real schedule this time?

- I hope there is someone /other/ than will wheaton this year. Enough guy, chillax

- Khoo and other PA team there to meet. Every year its always gabe and tycho but where are the other people? I wanna meet them too!!

Since the byoc is going to be smaller, will they fill the room with a moon bounce? what could they possibly do about the extra room.

:)

murte on
    PAX Prime 2011
    (+) PAX Prime 3-day - In my hands!
    (+) PAX Dev 2-day - READY
    (+) BYOC - READY
    (+) Hotel - READY
  • H3YDH3YD Game Designer OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Really hoping to see Bungie there =)... other than that, can't wait for all the usual PAX ossimness that is ever-present =)

H3YD on
  • killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    I'm also waiting on google mapping from where everyone is traveling from. It is really neat and this year my group wants to see if anyone if coming from the East side of Washington (we are from Spokane). Fun pre and post PAX meet ups maybe!

I live in Tri-Cities.. it's ok though, I'll forgive you if you are a Chiefs fan.. :D This will be my third year going to PAX.. can't wait.

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • TeknoRed10TeknoRed10 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dear Santa... for PAX this year I want

a Dance Central contest that doesn't suck
    a MK9 tourney which also doesn't suck
    a nice shiny A40 headset from Astro Gaming who I hope will be in attendance
    a lot of beer

oh... and flash mobs

TeknoRed10 on
    "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule everything."
  • crootmcgootcrootmcgoot Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    I want to see Team Teamwork and kick a few butts at MK

crootmcgoot on
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope I don't die...

Googalash on
  • Adonus76Adonus76 RDJ's Boat HouseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Googalash wrote: »
    I hope I don't die...

I hope you don't kill me

Adonus76 on
  • crootmcgootcrootmcgoot Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Adonus76 wrote: »
    Googalash wrote: »
    I hope I don't die...

I hope you don't kill me

I hope I don't end up in the mix of this battle...

crootmcgoot on
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    killtrip wrote: »
    I live in Tri-Cities.. it's ok though, I'll forgive you if you are a Chiefs fan.. :D This will be my third year going to PAX.. can't wait.
    I love hockey but not the fans. So I'm not a direct fan of any team, just want a awesome game and not to deal with any psycho fans. I have friends that over from the Tri-Cities and play with us at PAX, so it is all good. This will be my brother's sixth and my fifth year going, so excited!

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iguyiguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm also waiting on google mapping from where everyone is traveling from. It is really neat and this year my group wants to see if anyone if coming from the East side of Washington (we are from Spokane). Fun pre and post PAX meet ups maybe!

I'm going from the lower Yakima Valley with my bro, we usually drive up the morning of on account that I try not to miss so much work but we might head up the night before this year.

iguy on
  • jhllcjhllc Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    I want to see Team Teamwork !!!!!

jhllc on
    edited May 2011
    who?

Actually, it doesn't matter. The time for suggestions has passed. It is very likely that the guys at PA have already chosen their musical guests for this year. As usual they won't be announced for a couple months now, but if Team Teamwork isn't already on their short list, it's highly unlikely that they will be.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope I get a pony.
    murte wrote: »
    I hope I get a pony.

Should be easier :D 275 seats down from ~500

I tried to get the guy at D&D facepaint to do a pax picture on my face but he wouldnt since he was paid by wizardsofthecoast. :( That stuff was so far away anyways, maybe that was good, will kisw be back? with a real schedule this time?

- I hope there is someone /other/ than will wheaton this year. Enough guy, chillax

- Khoo and other PA team there to meet. Every year its always gabe and tycho but where are the other people? I wanna meet them too!!

Since the byoc is going to be smaller, will they fill the room with a moon bounce? what could they possibly do about the extra room.

:)

Sadface news from BigRed ;*(
    BigRed wrote: »
    Cronus wrote: »
    Registered. Now the long wait.

Any idea on the events Red? Besides the pwny contest of course.

Sadly the pwny contest is finished. Last year was the last time :(

Its getting way to expensive to do it.

I will have another crafty contest to do though :D

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    iguy wrote: »

I'm going from the lower Yakima Valley with my bro, we usually drive up the morning of on account that I try not to miss so much work but we might head up the night before this year.

In the past, I've always done the same, left that Friday.. but I am also thinking of heading up there on Thursday this year. I'm just happy that its not on Labor Day weekend this year. I have to work the Jerry Lewis telethon every year, so I've always had to leave early on Sunday.

This will be my first year that I can stick around for the full monty! :D woo!

We should get an eastern WA pre-PAX party going on.. :P

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope that something awesome happens on my birthday since it will be the last day of PAX :D its gunna be an awesome 25th birthday eaither way :D

Csifreak86 on
  • Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This year I ordered some business cards with all my gamer tag info on it so I can just hand them out to any cool people I meet this year.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My cousin and I missed Acquisition Inc last year - hoping that wont happen again

mral777 on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope that the concerts are moved back to the convention center and that The Protomen will be there again this year. I was at both of their PAX performances last year and am jonesing hard for another hit of HOPE RIDES ALOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Null SetNull Set Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    I hope I get along with my internet sweethearts whom I will be meeting in person for the first time at PAX.

Null Set on
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ...I hope for ample, after hours, hotel lobby game play.
    ...I hope to fill PAXers' bellies with delicious cookies.
    ...I hope to meet new people.
    ...I hope my three year old orange Chell jumpsuit still fits.
    ...I hope to get BLASTED at the Triwizard.
    ...I hope to cram enough PAX into Prime that I don't end up to sad over having to miss East.
    ...I hope to take full advantage of the Southwest 2 bags per passenger checked for free policy: Cookies for the Brigade, board games, 5 hour shots and a bottle of Captain Morgan... And clothing. Maybe. If there's room.
    ...I hope to FINALLY get that pixel embroidery to Wil Wheaton.

Most of all... I hope not to nearly faint again. Those lines are TOUGH on a person's blood pressure, ROFLMAO!

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Null Set wrote: »
    I hope I get along with my internet sweethearts whom I will be meeting in person for the first time at PAX.

Alright everybody, let's just get it out of the way:

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My advice (just throwing it out there just in case): Just stay cool, don't get all akward, and be yourself (unless you happen to be naturally akward in which case: rock that shit yo). If it works it works, if it doesn't then there's always next time. The people who have the easiest times with relationships are the ones that don't stress out about them and just go with the flow.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • SrenaebSrenaeb Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wait, he said sweetheartSSSSSS
    he be playa

I'm hoping to, also, finally make it to keynote, after 5 PAX years.
    hoping not to catch H1N1 again, or indeed ANY diseases.
    hoping the swag will be as awesome as last year
    hoping the nice people from Settlers of Catan will give away brick and ore Cataniamls so I can complete the set
    hoping there'd be another Acquisitions, Inc. The was THE best panel I have ever had the joy of attending. Ever. Anywhere. It got myself and spouse started playing D&D.
    hoping for Wizards of the Coast people to do an awesome thing again.
    hoping for Magic party again.

wow...tons =D Last year is going to be a really hard year to beat.

Srenaeb on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just hope I don't kill my feet going back and forth from the Convention Center to Benaroya Hall. God, that's such a pain...

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • AnorornAnororn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ferquin wrote: »
    I just hope I don't kill my feet going back and forth from the Convention Center to Benaroya Hall. God, that's such a pain...

Use shoe inserts. I cannot recommend this enough. Your feet will still hurt after three days of PAX, but they will merely ache rather than be pain incarnate.

Anororn on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anororn wrote: »
    Ferquin wrote: »

Use shoe inserts. I cannot recommend this enough. Your feet will still hurt after three days of PAX, but they will merely ache rather than be pain incarnate.

Remember to break in the inserts along with the shoes about two weeks prior, though. It takes a bit for the inserts to form to your feet.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just hope my girlfriend doesn't get scared off by this whole thing. She's very new to games (video and tabletop).

lemongrenades on