As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All Passes are now SOLD OUT! Anticipation for badges starts now!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    PAX wrote:
    We are nearly out of 3 day passes for PAX Prime 2011, less than 1k remain. You have been warned!

zerzhul on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    3-day passes are ALL GONE!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    crap, and just like that I'm not going to PAX :(

Shade on
    edited May 2011
    Shade wrote: »

there are still 1 day passes for each day left, and soon the Have a Pass thread will be going up.

Don't give up hope just quite yet :)

SmallLady on
    edited May 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Shade wrote: »

there are still 1 day passes for each day left, and soon the Have a Pass thread will be going up.

Don't give up home just quite yet :)

I can't afford over 100 for tickets. This will be the first PAX prime that I've missed...

maybe I'll catch a spare ticket from the thread.

Shade on
  • rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow that's scary awesome.. At least it didn't sell out in a few hours like what I had to go through to get my San Diego Comic Con pass, but it seems to be approaching that milestone in the coming years.

rkenshin on
  • SpaseSpase Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Litterally... was purchasing a badge, clicked back to link someone to the correct page, and now they are sold out.... Oh the humanity...

Spase on
    edited May 2011
    Spase wrote: »
    Litterally... was purchasing a badge, clicked back to link someone to the correct page, and now they are sold out.... Oh the humanity...

ouch, harsh!

:(

Keep an eye out for the "Have a Pass" thread, some people may not be able to go and will sell their passes there at face value.

also, there are still many 1 day badges available for Fri, Sat & Sun

SmallLady on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I fear the Halo fans have gobbled up the 3 day passes. This really troubles me, as they are not likely to take any interest in the rest of PAX. I really hope I'm wrong about that though.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I fear the Halo fans have gobbled up the 3 day passes. This really troubles me, as they are not likely to take any interest in the rest of PAX. I really hope I'm wrong about that though.

Of course, if all the Halo fans are exclusively over at the Halo Fest side, that means that's that many fewer people everywhere else.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
    edited May 2011
    MarySue wrote: »
    kropotkin wrote: »

Of course, if all the Halo fans are exclusively over at the Halo Fest side, that means that's that many fewer people everywhere else.

also, to be fair, Halo Fest wasn't announced until there were already less than 1000 3 day passes left.

Edit: wait, I'm dumb.. and my statement was actually incorrect. :P but still, there were not very many passes left by the time the announcement went out. :P

SmallLady on
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

also, to be fair, Halo Fest wasn't announced until there were already less than 1000 3 day passes left.

I'm a Halo fan who bought her 3 day the day the announcement of sales went up on Twitter. Halo Fest announcement was like the cherry on top of a bacon-chocolate-cookie dough sundae, decorated with fireworks, brought to me by a unicorn.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2011
    The only affect Halo Fest likely had on ticket sales was taking the estimated 12 days and bumping it down to 9. (the announcement that at current trends, 3 day passes would be sold out in 12 days went out 9 days ago, the announcement about halo fest was this week)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JohanMcDougalJohanMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Urghhh. I was at work all day and couldn't register. (site is blocked) And now they're sold out. If anyone out there has a spare badge for whatever reason and is willing to part with it, please let me know. :(

JohanMcDougal on
    edited May 2011
    This is not the place to ask for passes. Right now there are still single day passes up for sale. When single-day passes are further along, a thread will go up for people looking to get rid of extra passes. Until then, please be patient.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2011
    Keep an eye out for the "have a ticket" thread which will be going up later.

SmallLady on
    edited May 2011
    reposted for relevance

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE HAVE PASSES THREAD

Typically 3-4 weeks before PAX, we allow a thread to allow people seeking passes after sellout from people who bought tickets, but can no longer attend. This will still be allowed to happen with one exception: From here forward, all passes must be made available at face value (at current that is $60 for 3-day passes and $35 for single day passes). Anybody who wishes to sell their passes for more than face value must do so off site (i.e. ebay, craigslist, etc).
    Posts will only be allowed from people who HAVE a pass they are selling, there will be NO MORE posts asking for passes.

If somebody tries to sell you a pass through this thread above face value: Either PM Moe Fwacky or report his/her post or private message. Appropriate action will be taken to preserve this rule.

When will the have a pass thread be going up?

Once 1 days passes are closer to selling out, we'll post the thread. Please hold on to your passes until this thread goes up. Thanks.

SmallLady on
  • MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SOOOOO Glad I got passes early this year.

But PAX deserves a big grats I think. Obviously it only gets bigger and more popular every year.

Melcene on
    melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A few refunds went through, if you missed the 3 day passes you have a small window now :)

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • SirChaosSirChaos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Very happy! Was able to sneak in there and grab a 3-Dayer! .... now what can I do with the three 1-day passes I got?

Give them away as contest fodder? :)

SirChaos on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bummer - I had no idea the passes were even in danger of selling out, or were going that quickly, as while I check the main Penny Arcade site every day, I only check the forums here once a week if that, and never the main PAX site. I was holding off until payday next week since I figured I had at least until June :(

Dreamwriter on
    edited May 2011
    Twitter is the best place for updates, easiest way to be on top of important info

zerzhul on
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bummer - I had no idea the passes were even in danger of selling out, or were going that quickly, as while I check the main Penny Arcade site every day, I only check the forums here once a week if that, and never the main PAX site. I was holding off until payday next week since I figured I had at least until June :(

TWITTER MATE!

Also you can still buy tickets for each day. It will cost more but they typically don't sell out as fast so i say you use that pay check buy a sat and friday pass then next pay check or when ever you can buy a sunday pass.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • eMDeeeMDee Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You guys getting excited? I'm getting a little excited. *twitch* is it August yet?

eMDee on
    The unorthodox and the unlikely - it's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
    edited May 2011
    SLIDES IN THE RETURN WINDOW AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD SAFE!

whew.... *does a little dance*

Shade on
  • ryamkajrryamkajr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    THERE ARE A FEW 3 DAYS STILL AVAILABLE AT 4:20PM Pacific Time.

I just bought one.

Grab the few while they are left.

ryamkajr on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All the badges in the system have been bought :) the refunds were a nice fun windfall.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    glad I got in when they came out!

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • TenaciousGGTenaciousGG Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nooo, I was going to buy them today after I got home, which is now. Bleh.

TenaciousGG on
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Out already? Man, that was faster than ever this year!

This is starting to become like BlizzCon, selling out within 10 minutes.

Edit:
    What I meant was, if the trend keeps up, I'm afraid that it'll start to become like that.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited May 2011
    Three weeks is hardly comparable to ten minutes.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nooo, I was going to buy them today after I got home, which is now. Bleh.

Double-check when you get home, there were some refunds posted.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FUUUUUCK! I, too, was at work and just found out now! Damnit! And I'm already having a hard time keeping any extra money.

PLEASE keep posting if any returned passes come in. Otherwise, looks like I'll be missing PAX. You can say wait 'til the thread for selling passes gets posted, but with my shitty luck, I'll miss out. Especially with how fuckin' fast 3-Days sold out.

*pounds face into desk* DAMNIT!!

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    watch the passes for sale thread mashing f5 and jump on the first offer you see. Not allowed to sell for profit on here.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited May 2011
    There are still single day passes... 3 days being sold out does not mean every pass is gone.

zerzhul on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, being that buying three passes will amount to $105, money's a bit tight. I could have mentally justified $60 and just gone without certain things for a week.

God, I wish I'd have known sooner that passes were almost out. I don't have always have time to get on the Internet and check this stuff.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • OccamOccam Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For once I am one of the people who got my pass(es) a while ago. It feels weird not having just made it or just missed it. Almost waited too long on the hotel too; the only ones available for the 25th-29th were like 5 blocks away. Then I refresh today and bam, Roosevelt. The stars are aligning. Clearly this is destined to be the best PAX ever.

If by some chance my friend flakes out, I'll see that my extra pass goes to someone in need. Of course I intend to try my damnedest to make sure that doesn't happen, but you never know.

*can't wait*

Occam on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So any word on how the one day passes are selling?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    So any word on how the one day passes are selling?

If it's anything like last time, quickly.

mcdermott on
  • Wangticore1023Wangticore1023 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My friend and I bought our 3-day passes last week. We also convinced two n00bs to join us this year. our first PAX was last year, and it was glorious.

Wangticore1023 on