As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Applejack's Wholesome Small-Town Apple Orchard

• Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What are double butterflies?

It's a commercial on the Hub that always seems to air during My Little Ponies.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDakOHaBoc

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TiB wrote: »
    In regards to Rainbow Dash, do you think she even needs to pay for her cloud house? I imagine her just building a new one when it suits her fancy.

It looks like she added a third floor between Griffin the Brush Off and Party of One.
    What episode is her wall in?

See above. Greek-key design wallpaper in Party, and Ionic columns in both.

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have just found that you can also see her wallpaper in Dragonshy, when she bursts out during the Charlie's Angels sequence. This show has awesome continuity.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    guys

maybe I'm just tired

but I think if they produced pony toys dressed in their gala dresses that I would buy a set

Okami on
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Okami wrote: »
    guys

maybe I'm just tired

but I think if they produced pony toys dressed in their gala dresses that I would buy a set
    SabreMau wrote: »

8a5cc89f4fc02bd3115909e468895472.jpg

I really wish it was show accurate. Rainbow Dash's dress would be amazing.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd love show accurate dresses, they could easily mold them like that chick on deviantart or sew them like that Fluttershy

Okami on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish the pony division at Hasbro was run by someone who knew what they were doing. :\

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yo SabreMau, great OP and all but I believe ya got some episodes switched. "Green Isn't your Color" came after "Over a Barrel" did it not?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Yo SabreMau, great OP and all but I believe ya got some episodes switched. "Green Isn't your Color" came after "Over a Barrel" did it not?

Nope. Green Isn't Your Color is ep. 20, Over a Barrel is ep. 21.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Clearly there is history between Twilight and Pony Joe. He's got it written all over his reaction to seeing her in his shop.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well she used to live there and all

not in the donut shop specifically, but...

actually you know what I'm gonna go with that

in my personal canon twilight sparkle grew up in a donut shop

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also, we started talking about Green Isn't Your Color on page 69 of thread #2 and Over a Barrel on page 86.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tleilaxu wrote: »
    In regards to Rainbow Dash, do you think she even needs to pay for her cloud house? I imagine her just building a new one when it suits her fancy.

It looks like she added a third floor between Griffin the Brush Off and Party of One.

I wanna imagine there's a loose Greco-Roman theme with Rainbow Dash, even her mane is a feminine version of a caesar, the gala dress just clinches it. Also with that and the Rainbow Dash mob family theory we can have the image of her father pitting those who owe him money in a gladiatorial deathmatch with him giving some hoof equivalent of a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Blackie62 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

If she was celestia's apprentice since being a little filly, why wouldn't she have known how the gala was anyway? Too busy studding to go?

EDIT: Gah, studying. Stupid firefox spellcheck

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I bet enforcing property taxes must be a pain in the ass for flying horses.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This being a show about horses, that is the best typo.

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »

If she was celestia's apprentice since being a little filly, why wouldn't she have known how the gala was anyway? Too busy studding to go?

EDIT: Gah, studying. Stupid firefox spellcheck
    Well... considering how the first episode was all about how Twilight Sparkle had absolutely no social life and was not interested in getting one, she probably didn't bother going to the Gala.

Her main reason for going to the Gala this time was so she could spend some time with her mentor. Back when she was living in Canterlot she probably saw Celestia all the time, so she would have no motivation to go to the Gala.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So how are mules treated in the My Little Pony world? Are they considered to be abominations resulting from horrific sex acts? Poor bastards who can never have children?

Couscous on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    About the same as cows, from the brief appearances both made.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Something I noticed:
    WWJLM.jpg

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    technically everypony has made an awesome face at least once I think

Okami on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    So how are mules treated in the My Little Pony world? Are they considered to be abominations resulting from horrific sex acts? Poor bastards who can never have children?

Rarity whined about being compared to a mule

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OH NOES!!!
    The Season 1 finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has finally aired.
    I want to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the absolutely amazing, incredible, astounding crew of MLP:FiM for all their hard work and dedication. I’m so grateful to have such a talented group of artists give their all for what could have easily been seen from day one as silly, girly fluff unworthy of their time. Together I think we helped prove that “for girls” does not have to automatically equal “lame.”

And a gigantic thank you to the fans of the show!!! The kids, the parents and all you bronies!! The array of people this show has touched has completely exceeded my wildest expectations! I cannot believe the response, and, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I cannot keep up with the messages!!! Thank you all for your words of praise, thanks, curiosity, and even your thoughtful criticisms. From the messages I’ve received, these episodes have lifted spirits, brought parents and kids together, changed perspectives and inspired the most unlikely of people in the most unlikely of places. Who would have thought it from a show about candy colored ponies? I want you all to know how grateful I am for you feedback and for sharing your thoughts and stories. I only wish I had the time to reply to everyone and the ability to answer each and every question.

And now I suppose it’s finally time for me to deliver some unfortunate news. I’ve been uncertain for a little while now about how, when and, to be honest, whether to announce the news at all. But here it is: I am no longer working on the show. Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series. I don’t think I can accurately express how difficult and painful the decision was and still is. When Season 2 begins, you will see my credit changed from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. My involvement in Season 2 ultimately does not reach far beyond story conception and scripts. A little more involved in the beginning, and a little less towards the end.

However, you should be pleased to know that the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever, though perhaps in a slightly different way.

With that said, I hope you will still be interested in sticking around my DA page. I started this page as a forum to share my personal work and I hope that those of you who come here lured by ponies will be tempted to hang out for whatever else I have to share in the future---- as soon as I figure out what that will be!!

With sincerest gratitude,
    Lauren

D:D:D:

halkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh noes!

I wonder what happened.

:/

FactorySquirrel on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pd7OE.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well, on the bright side, it's not like she was the only person responsible for the show

if the second season ends up sucking we'll have something to point to but until that happens I don't see any reason to get upset

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm worried, but cautiously optimistic.

She'll still be there, but just for story and some creative output, but that's it.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It can't turn out as bad as the original animated show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3xhLQgeWg

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I kind of hope that the pushes forward with the Galaxy Girls thing.

1) GG belongs to her.
    2) If she can publish it web-wise, there will be *MUCH* more freedom with what she can do with it.

halkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Double post with some better news
    Well that's it. Season 1 of MLP: Friendship is Magic is finally over. I have to say its been a blast. It has to be one the best cartoons I had the pleasure of working on. And its even more great that many people enjoyed it. It makes the whole effort, worth it!

With Season 1 having such a great impact, I 'm sure people will be expecting ALOT more for season 2. I hope Season 2 will live up to everyone's expectations. I've already seen 7 episodes of Season 2 and I have to say its looking pretty good. I know its been confirmed by Lauren Faust and all but yes, Luna will be back especially Derpy (Who has now became an official Character here. I wouldn't be surprised if she has her own character sheet/model with preset expressions). I've already seen the episode when Luna comes back and its pretty cool. Season 2 will introduce new characters and bring back some old familiar ones. I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil too much.

I must say, one of the great benefits of being an animator to My Little Pony is that you get to see the entire season 2 before it even gets aired. Sure its just the still drawings of the animatic but who cares. I watch it for the plot ;)

Anyways about the My little Pony game I'm making. I have already done Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash's model and am now giving them expressions and different outfits. I might post a few previews in my DA sooner or later. The new cartoon I'm working is really taking up my time to draw and do the game. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of it done and post at least the character models.

Well that's all folks. I'm glad you enjoyed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic as much as I enjoyed animating it.

Here's hoping DJ Pon3, Lyra and Bon-Bon get promoted.

halkun on
  • Options
    MorrandirMorrandir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Uksrd.png

...Well.

Morrandir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Derpy gets to be a character? That's nice. AND a Luna episode.

edzepp on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    rc_tech wrote: »
    Gromril wrote: »
    My prediction for next season is that the rumored big bad is related to the dark force that turned Luna into Nightmare Moon.

If they do go for a more story-driven format, I just hope it doesn't detract from the amusement factor of the series. I think it's easier to pull off humor in slice of life style episodes.

Mystery solved:
    130474995126.png

*metalocalypse theme*

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This should put some minds at ease.

It's a post made by an employee for the show on the Allspark forum, in regards to Lauren Faust's departure:
    I've known about this for a while now, was wondering when the news would finally break. Now before people go all gloom and doom, I'd like to point out that she is still doing a lot of what she did in season 1. She's still heavily involved in the pre-production of season 2 (story and scripts), she'll just be less involved in the post-production. This really won't have any impact on the production.

To clarify what Kreoss was talking about in his blog, no 7 episodes are not complete, he's talking about watching animatics, essentially storyboards with the recorded dialogue from the voice actors. Layout starts later this month, and animation starts next month, so it'll be a while yet before the season 2 episodes are ready. I've actually seen more of the animatics than he has at this point, and season 2 is shaping up to be AMAZING.

edzepp on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    edzepp wrote: »
    Derpy gets to be a character? That's nice.
    I'm hoping she stays mostly a background pony. Maybe have the occasional little cameo like in Feeling Pinkie Keen, but not an actual character character.

I also continue to hold out hope for more Zecora.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    rc_tech wrote: »
    Gromril wrote: »
    My prediction for next season is that the rumored big bad is related to the dark force that turned Luna into Nightmare Moon.

If they do go for a more story-driven format, I just hope it doesn't detract from the amusement factor of the series. I think it's easier to pull off humor in slice of life style episodes.

Mystery solved:
    130474995126.png

*metalocalypse theme*

Haven't seen the episode yet, but that certainly is a good Murder Face.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Some other comments at Equestria Daily from a person who (allegedly) knows Lauren:
    Basically from what Lauren told me, the schedule was the biggest problem. We animators work under shorter and shorter schedules, and the demands placed on us intensify with every new episode. Directors work 7 days a week sometimes, under a lot of stress. And with budgets shrinking and writers changing their minds at the last minute it's amazing we can produce ANYTHING of quality.

And yet, we got season one of MLP :} Don't worry. Everything will be fine.]

He went on to say:

No. I work on Family Guy. Lauren is an old friend from CalArts, the animation school we both attended back in the mid-90's. She told me about her leaving the show many many months ago.

And the last thing she wants is for ANY ponyfan to worry. She kept her departure a secret for months in order to keep you guys excited about the show. And it worked :} Up until tonight no one suspected a thing. So relax everypony.

Me personally, I can't wait to see what Lauren does next. This talented woman has made the rest of us Calartians proud. And who knows. Maybe her next project will be even BETTER than poni!

Just keep an eye on her DA page y'all. I know she's cookin up something.]

If that's true, she hasn't been directly involved for a while.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Pd7OE.jpg

This is probably my favourite humanization of Rainbow Dash yet. The only thing it's missing is a tattoo peeking out from under her collar.

For some reason Rainbow Dash makes me think of Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium books.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blackie62 wrote: »
    Tleilaxu wrote: »

I wanna imagine there's a loose Greco-Roman theme with Rainbow Dash, even her mane is a feminine version of a caesar, the gala dress just clinches it. Also with that and the Rainbow Dash mob family theory we can have the image of her father pitting those who owe him money in a gladiatorial deathmatch with him giving some hoof equivalent of a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Stomp once for "live," twice for "die"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I love that celestia specifically planned to invite all of twilight's terrible friends to ruin her party

And yet still only gave her two tickets initially just to start shit

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.