As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BRINK] Hang on, the Boat-Bus is in for some chop! (OUT NOW!)

• NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Welp, the game runs like a slideshow for me. I think its my processor, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz E8400. Its the only thing that keeps me from meeting recommended specs.

Doing the cvar stuff to turn off Shadows may help you, they are fairly processor intensive in most games.

A little better, but still not playable. :cry:

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    9:00pm, no package. Just sent Amazon an e-mail asking what they intend to do to compensate me for not making release day delivery. This should be interesting.

Gaslight on
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I bet they'll refund you the cost of delivery (which was probably free).

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    so for those getting shafted by amazon forgetting the PC preorder bonus pack. i stoppped by Gamestop on my way home and according to the guy there the codes for the preorder stuff is created and tied to individual copies so they don't have a stock of them. whether that is completely BS is another thing

but at least it is installing now

Its BS, Splash Damage even stated that all pre-order bonuses are steam keys and they can all be used on a single account if you wanted to.

No, I remember something about gamestop switching to printing the codes on the reciepts. Which would make it so there wouldn't really be extras laying around

Absolutely... mine was on my receipt, and Gamestop's been doing this for years.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited May 2011
    I bet they'll refund you the cost of delivery (which was probably free).

Free release-day delivery is, as I understand it, one of the benefits I get from being an Amazon Prime member. If it doesn't mean anything, I definitely have to take that into account when considering where to re-up my Prime membership in a couple months. Or at least that was the veiled threat I made. :P

Seriously, if they threw another $5-10 or so in credit at me I'd be totally satisfied. I figure it's a long shot they'll do anything though unless I'm prepared to kick up a fuss for a longer period of time than it's worth.

Gaslight on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    9:00pm, no package. Just sent Amazon an e-mail asking what they intend to do to compensate me for not making release day delivery. This should be interesting.

Enjoy your dollar.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aw man, I thought my config meddling had finally got me something, but you don't get any crosshair with ironsights when the weapons are off. I also can't figure out a way to change the zoom sensitivity.

Still, I'm slowly but surely crafting this into something I can play.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just caught it eating 3.4GB of ram.

Mustachio Jones on
    edited May 2011

Enjoy your dollar.

I will/would! :D

Gaslight on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Who did they ship it with? It may not be amazons fault. Could be UPS or Fedex missorted it. You see, I work for one of these two companies...And that is totally not an uncommon thing for either one to do.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    edited May 2011
    Mulletude wrote: »

Who did they ship it with? It may not be amazons fault. Could be UPS or Fedex missorted it. You see, I work for one of these two companies...And that is totally not an uncommon thing for either one to do.

According to the tracker, it shipped UPS, and there is no new information listed since it left Whitestown, IN (I live in Ohio) yesterday at 7:45am.

Or at least, that's what the Amazon tracker says. The tracker on the UPS website is even less encouraging:
    A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

I realize once it's given to the shipper it's out of Amazon's hands and that shit happens but if you guarantee me delivery on a certain date then I think customers have a right to expect delivery on that date. The UPS tracker makes it look especially bad, like they never even mailed it at all.

In all honesty, though, I'm no more than mildly annoyed by it and I'm not expecting to get any compensation, I'm sort of viewing the whole thing as an experiment because I'm usually the type to just put up with merchants screwing up and providing bad customer service.

Gaslight on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thing needs RCON like whoa. Or maybe there's a client I'm just not finding.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've had UPS orders not update since the previous day and still show up. One time they didn't show up at my place until 7PM or so.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I don't understand the complaints about eight maps. People are complaining already about how complex the maps are, and you want more?

And Valve, with TF2, just came out and said that there's little point in launching with a ton of maps since the community with find 2-3 that they like and play little else. Sure, there's a ton of maps now but the majority is just community stuff that got an official nod.
    Totally this. Quake 2 came out with eight maps and now it only has one.

edit: holy fuck guess i should refresh more

815165 on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, this is amazing. The Xbox community seems to have improved considerably over the course of the day. Except for a strange lack of medics, people seem focused on the objectives.

Turkey on
    edited May 2011
    I've had UPS orders not update since the previous day and still show up. One time they didn't show up at my place until 7PM or so.

Yeah, I've had that happen too, although it's usually been during their busy times like around Christmas. But like I said, it's now after 9pm. I suppose I could return home (I've been at this damn McDonald's for their wi-fi for about a half hour since I am still sans nets at my house) and find it on my doorstep but I seriously doubt it.

Anyway, I'll stop bitching because I realize it must be pretty irritating for people in places where release day isn't even until the 13th. :P But hey guys, look on the bright side, the game may have been patched twice more by then!

Gaslight on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    aww all PA servers are full =(

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can I get a steam group invite please? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Last-Son

Really enjoying the game so far, only problem I've encountered is a bug where the sound will occasionally cut out.

Last Son on
    edited May 2011
    Turkey wrote: »
    Wow, this is amazing. The Xbox community seems to have improved considerably over the course of the day. Except for a strange lack of medics, people seem focused on the objectives.

It's probably too much to hope that all the CoD kiddies abandoned the game in a rage in less than 24 hours... but one can hope.

Gaslight on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Turkey wrote: »

It's probably too much to hope that all the CoD kiddies abandoned the game in a rage in less than 24 hours... but one can hope.

I witnessed a player get it. After seeing him rush and die a dozen times, he stopped, looked at one of the downed bodies for 5 seconds, then proceeded to double-tap every enemy from then on.

It was glorious.

Turkey on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i would be playing this

but it appears I no longer seem to own my own xbox

why oh why did I introduce her to mass effect

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I spawn as a medic to start every game and change around as needed but will stay medic a lot unless only one or two people are the class we need... and I never notice it when I'm playing as a medic, but when I'm another class, no one revives you!

Are that many medics in it for the self-heal?

it got better once I found the angry dome

initiatefailure on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    dis game rulez

Local H Jay on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    i would be playing this

but it appears I no longer seem to own my own xbox

why oh why did I introduce her to mass effect

I would be playing this, but apparently Netflix takes priority in this house.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Figured out the zoom sensitivity command, but it's a ratio (???) and also cheat protected. Oh well.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I spawn as a medic to start every game and change around as needed but will stay medic a lot unless only one or two people are the class we need... and I never notice it when I'm playing as a medic, but when I'm another class, no one revives you!

Are that many medics in it for the self-heal?

it got better once I found the angry dome

Early days. Given time people will get sick of not being revived and help you out by also swapping to medic. Was the same way when I started playing rtcw.

Estilo on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes but having the stat there discourages teamwork and encourages kill whoring, camping, and just generall CoD style gameplay. Its the reason they dont have it in this game, to emphasize team play over kill whoring.[/qjuote]

The issue is that all else held equal, more kills is better. It's a useful stat to track.
    A k/d ratio in this game in no way shows someones value as a player, which you stated specifically in your last post.

I said it wasn't the totality of value, not that it wasn't a strong indicator. It's more accurate than the current system (Engineers are overcompensated, for example, esp. vs. Operatives).
    Capturing objectives and buffing team mates is far more important.
    K/D matters i guess if you're the soldier arcatype, but not really for much else. A medic who runs around reviving and buffing his dudes and rescuing people wont have as high of a K/D ration at all, and probably more deaths than kills because it isn't the focus of the class, for example.

Alternatively, a Medic with 10 rezzes and 10 kills is likely much better than a Medic with 11 rezzes and 0 kills.
    It is a stat that i am very happy the omitted, its a stat that has no use in this game at all. Only way i could see them doing it is if they had a kill stat, heal stat, objective stat, and maybe a buff score stat,

They absolutely should track all of them.
    and not a death stat at all since deaths dont make a lick of difference in this game. (And often you can go a long way without dying with decent medics.)

It's a good indication as it shows how effective medics vs. intentional executions are. Battlefield BC2 does it wrong, as it counts every 1 second down followed by a rez as a death, which means nothing.

programjunkie on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The shooting and movement mechanics are really terrible.

Hoz on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my pet peeve is having half a team of medics and they all are near me, NOT picking me up. with me yelling at them.

Local H Jay on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I guess fine well, lots of people are hating this game based off what seems a very limited experience of multiplayer/wanting to kill the hype? Thats fine, let them have those thoughts I suppose.

Meanwhile, I am going to be having what is to me, one of the funnest multplayer fps's I've played since BC2. Plenty people on these websites and these forums are more than willing to look past a games rough edges if a game is fun, which this game is. For those on the fence I will say this, I have the game for PC. The single player is basically nothing more than the multiplayer with terrible bots. The multiplayer is super fun and reminds me (of course) enemy territories + unreal tournament for some reason. It's fast paced, intense and a blast to play.

Maybe not worth the 50$ for those of you on ps3 as well, you cant play the online goodness and I cant really speak of how it plays on the 360 (I would assume decent minus the graphic issues which I believe are to be fixed in a future patch) but on the PC its Mirrors Edge + Team and Objectived based fps goodness.

I don't understand this attitude. Anyone who dislikes this game must be wrong? Is that what we're saying here? God forbid someone have a different opinion than you.

It's like people need to not only enjoy a game, but have someone else justify their tastes in order to enjoy it.

You shouldn't enjoy a game less just because some guy on a website somewhere doesn't like it as much as you.

Sorry if it came out sounding that way. I am perfectly ok with people not liking the game nor do I need anyone to write out a review and validate owning the game.

I wanted to post my thoughts on the game and say that the reviewers are free to review the game however they choose, I dont have their job.

projectmayhem on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited May 2011
    Holy shit. D:

Amazon already answered my message with a very polite e-mail offering me a $10 promo credit to make up for not getting my copy of the game here on time.

I am floored, honestly. My top hat is off to them. I am more than placated.

Gaslight on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Holy shit. D:

Amazon already answered my message with a very polite e-mail offering me a $10 promo credit to make up for not getting my copy of the game here on time.

I am floored, honestly. My top hat is off to them. I am more than placated.
    they usually give 5, 10 is pretty good!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Competent teams are unbeatable when your team is worse than bots.

Decoy on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was playing this earlier on Sladvan's server and I honestly thought my team was all bots.

Then someone told me the server was full.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my pet peeve is having half a team of medics and they all are near me, NOT picking me up. with me yelling at them.

Sometimes they're out of supply.

Lemming on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I dunno if all the medics on your team will run out of supply at once though.

Zxerol on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Most of them just spam health on themselves.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    9 Hours is enough for one day. It'll be a lot more fun once more people catch up to the learning curve.

Decoy on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The bots are better players than the actual people I've played with. Skill-wise, they're about the same and they seem to have exactly the same habits when it comes to where they go and where they bunch up (at the top/bottom of stairs and on the opposite side of the map from an objective), but the bots are much better about feeding ammo, healing, revives, and damage buffs to people that aren't themselves.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.