As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The G2 Apple ithread. Words With Friends All Up Ins

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Social Entropy++
So guys, theres this company, call Apple. They make cool products. A lot of us here have them. ipods, iphones, ipads, and Macbooks. Lets talk about them. Best cases, best Apps, best programs. Its an ithead for ithings.

obeyb-invert.png

Bucketman on

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I guess Apple has some sort of trademark on the lower-case i prefix

Seriously on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I so want to post something anti-Apple but I guess it's not worth attracting the ironic ire of all those hipsters.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Really I just want to talk about how much I love my ipod 4 and talk to people about the best apps and stuff for it.

Also I guess my sisters ipad 2 is ok. For a tablet.

Bucketman on
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really want an iPad, but between my iPhone and Macbook Air it would just seem like overkill.

The tragic thing is I want the iPad much more than I want the Macbook, but I can't really justify replacing it entirely.

Darric on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tablets seem silly to me. Though I kind of want to do what my friend did, he had a Kindle and jailbroke it to install Android on it, so its a tablet AND has the Eink on it, which I love.

Bucketman on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just downloaded this app yesterday called Couch to 5k
    because I've been running in the morning, but not really doing it properly and not gaining much fitness and losing motivation
    Gonna start it on monday and I'm actually looking forward to it!

#pipe on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I now have a iPhone 4, a mac mini, a 17" MBP a 25" iMac and a 1TB time capsule.

I love them all.

But then I haven't had to buy any of those things. I'm not sure if they would stack up to their price, honestly.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am probably going to buy an iPhone 5 if they launch it in June and it isn't insanely expensive. I may even queue up on launch day and then feel slightly soiled for doing so.

Butler on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I now have a iPhone 4, a mac mini, a 17" MBP a 25" iMac and a 1TB time capsule.

I love them all.

But then I haven't had to buy any of those things. I'm not sure if they would stack up to their price, honestly.

I am posting on a Mac Mini right now!

I love it. It's almost 3 years old and I have literally never had a problem with it.

#pipe on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    love my itouch to death

the lastest gen ones are so nice and it has so much more memory than my old one and oh man oh man I'm gonna go play more peggle on it I'll be right back

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    posted from my macbook

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Butler wrote: »
    I am probably going to buy an iPhone 5 if they launch it in June and it isn't insanely expensive. I may even queue up on launch day and then feel slightly soiled for doing so.

According to Macworld magazine, you might be waiting a while longer
    There’s almost no chance of an iPhone 5 debut this June. Apple has not booked component orders for the mythical next-gen device and also lacks a finalised production road map for the beast, which will, dear readers, be made available in white — maybe…

A deluge of reports in recent weeks mean we’ve been working on the assumption Apple won’t introduce the new smartphone until September, but even this could be optimistic a new report explains — it may even be 2012 before we see iPhone 5.

#pipe on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We really don't need this kind of thread.

edit: posted from my Alienware desktop while charging my Palm smartphone

Weaver on
    edited May 2011
    I run EVE on my MBP and my iMac, watch Doctor Who on my tv via my Mac Mini controlled from Rowmote on my iPhone.

I backed up my design work on my Time Capsule and get to do work from home on my computers. It's just outstanding. I love living in my macworld.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited May 2011
    I love Cafe Vita coffee. They roast right up the street from me.

CapHillFrontWeb.jpg

I can't fucking stand to go in there to actually buy a drink or beans because the joint is nothing but twenty people staring at macbook screens.

You all have homes. Your blogs suck. You have wifi at home. You are not gonna get "discovered" and hurghlburgle gonna go burn down an Apple store.

Weaver on
    edited May 2011
    that is a lot of apple directed vitriol, Weaver.

#pipe on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »

According to Macworld magazine, you might be waiting a while longer
    There’s almost no chance of an iPhone 5 debut this June. Apple has not booked component orders for the mythical next-gen device and also lacks a finalised production road map for the beast, which will, dear readers, be made available in white — maybe…

A deluge of reports in recent weeks mean we’ve been working on the assumption Apple won’t introduce the new smartphone until September, but even this could be optimistic a new report explains — it may even be 2012 before we see iPhone 5.

fucking goddammit

They're still having a press conference in June, probably officially launching Lion. If there's no new phone announced I think I'll just upgrade my iPod instead.

Butler on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i think i touched an iphone once

hated apple long before they were successful. their dumb mac logo, that was a reason. or those monitor computers that are dumb

apple engenders the shittiest business practices

quarterly incremental updates to a device people pay full price for, who fervantly defend their gay technological babylon

i want to see microsoft succeed one day in this market, so they should make a zune phone in the shape of a sphere and each quarter of the year it's a new dumb shape and they add retarded shit like a film projector or low frequency noises that subdue the feelings of sadness and desperation that likely happen when you are three feet away from your annoying four hundred dollar piece of shit hand computer

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    that is a lot of apple directed vitriol, Weaver.

To be fair, I can be angry at all kinds of things.

edit: The app store

aka

if I don't have five hundred icons on my phone people won't think I'm connected and hip and modern

Weaver on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    how much does the current iphone cost

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I dunno cause mine came free with my phone contract anyway

Oden on
    edited May 2011
    I paid $150 for mine on an upgrade with Rogers.

That seemed pretty reasonable.

I understand the coffee-shop mac-user hate. I don't understand directing that at the products they have decided to focus on. Apple makes some quality consumer-level electronics. All the marketing I've seen has been about their quality product and the ease-of-use attached to it. Any culture that has sprung from that, while perhaps not dissuaded actively, has neither been actively pursued by the company in any way that I've encountered.

babyeatingjesus on
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just hate how fucking smug their marketing has always been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onLYKU-CNhM

I enjoy my ipod nano and the touch looks pretty cool, but damn if these ads don't make me never ever want to buy an iphone.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    recently i bought a second hand 1st gen apple tv off ebay and it was faulty and a pain so i did a paypal dispute and finally the money should be coming in the next few days but i still have the apple tv because apparently the dude moved or something so the address paypal told me to send to wasnt the one he wanted it sent to but fuck that guy and the package was refused and returned to sender

now i have a crappy apple tv in a box and memories of hassle
    wondering if i should contact the guy to see if he wants me to send it to him at his expense or just wait a little while to see if he asks for it and if not, put it on ebay but with an accurate description of its shittiness and some idiot will probably still pay half of what i originally did because people are idiots

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I might buy an air after this years refresh.

And I already own an iPhone.

Dont think I'd like a an iPad. Not unless they fundamentally change iOS anyway. Might buy the second gen honeycomb tablets though they look kinda cool.

Blake T on
    edited May 2011
    I wish the handwriting recognition worked better. I have a wacom tablet that I hooked up to my laptop and used to try out inkwell and man does that thing suck all the ass. The Windows 7 tablets are infinitely better at translating my scrawl into text.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited May 2011
    netbooks forever

way cheaper

can do tons more stuff with them

Weaver on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just got an iphone 3gs. Yes I know it isn't the newest, but for 50 bucks on an upgrade I'll take it.

Hooked on the fucking angry birds though. Damn pigs.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pretty happy with my iPad 2 considering I'm only like $200 out of pocket for it.

It's the bees knees.

Google's Chromebooks are a neat concept.

Abracadaniel on
  • CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't want to be a hater, but my friend showed me this and I thought this was a good place to pass it along.

http://i.imgur.com/rVXjO.jpg

CarbonRod on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just bought my new 27' iMac last week when they rolled out with the new models. I love it. Takes a while to get used to such a ridiculously high resolution, though.

I'm not really an Apple fanboy, but I love the all-in-one concept, and I prefer OSX over Windows.

The Sneak! on
    edited May 2011
    CarbonRod wrote: »
    I don't want to be a hater, but my friend showed me this and I thought this was a good place to pass it along.

http://i.imgur.com/rVXjO.jpg

Yeah, the Mac Pros have always been a gigantic fucking ripoff. To an extent, so are the MacBook Pros. iMacs, however, are pretty reasonably priced for what you get.

The Sneak! on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have an iPhone4 but now I kinda want a bleeding-edge Samsung or HTC Android 2.2 phone... or an Android 3 tablet.

I just like the Android customization options and now they're on par with the speed and display quality of the iPhones, plus they can do more things!

Oh man, I'd love to have an unlimited data plan with tethering!

TankHammer on
    edited May 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I have an iPhone4 but now I kinda want a bleeding-edge Samsung or HTC Android 2.2 phone... or an Android 3 tablet.

I just like the Android customization options and now they're on par with the speed and display quality of the iPhones, plus they can do more things!

Oh man, I'd love to have an unlimited data plan with tethering!

Get an unlimited data plan with an Android phone, and root it. You now have an unlimited data plan with free tethering. :)

The Sneak! on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I got my first smart phone back in March, it was an Android

I lost it after a week but honestly the more I think about it the more I realized I had given up using an excellent phone in exchange for a mediocre computer with a shitty-shit phone

I really hate the idea of having to charge a phone every night-hell, on the plane ride over to my friends' house it went out after a fresh charge and I would have been stranded if I hadn't found a nearby McDonalds

The new iPhone's supposed to be 50 bucks with a plan now, though, right? That's nice

mensch-o-matic on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I believe that's the 3GS, not the 4

(iPhone postin itt)

Scudo on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is the difference between an iPhone 3 and an iPhone 4

mensch-o-matic on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    3GS has a slower processor, less ram, no front facing camera, and the $50 only comes in 8GB.

Still a great phone. Just got one for a guy at work to replace his blackberry. After one day the dude loves it.

May be getting him an iPad as well to take with him to trade shows and business trips.

Abracadaniel on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sh gimmie your iphone 4

i feel so behind the times with my 3gs!!

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited May 2011
    I love my Samsung Epic 4G, but iOS looks much more polished than Android.

The Sneak! on