As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

• RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    kafziel wrote: »
    It's not stealthing objectives, either, it's taking out destructible objects without clearing the entire map because there's a time limit.

That always annoyed me because with even a half way competent league you can kill everything on the map get all the objects and have time left to coordinate the destruction of both of the last objects so you can earn crazy iXP, inf +increased chance of thread, invention salvage and recipe drops.

But no, you can't take longer or people start freaking out that the entire trial is taking to long, going to fail and "OMG 5 minutes longer than a speed run is fucking horrible."

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's real sweet when you have a league that can afford to clear - I've seen it pulled off once, it was wonderful - but you kind of need a really good league to tear through that many full spawns that fast. Incarnate Shifts and good debuffs and whatnot. And you need everybody to be interested in it, instead of having some jackass declare it'll never work and run off and fuck it all up.

kafziel on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, sitting at home, dying slowly of some tropical sickness, figured I'd play some CoX. No such luck.

But hey, there's this: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/paragon-studios

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited May 2011
    Hey look, Dr. Aeon

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dear Dr. Aeon,

WHEN WILL YOU FESS UP ABOUT STEALING MY COSTUME FOR TIN MAGE YOU JERK? HUH?! WHEN?

Keeses,

PL.

Narbus on
    edited May 2011
    Hey guys, 7 Eastern, Virtue's being attacked by Praetoria.

jonxp on
    edited May 2011
    Oh heck, thank you Jon I'd completely forgotten

Oh hey, the Magic Pack is Half off until the 17th http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=3634092 if you don't already own this there is something wrong with you GO BUY IT NOW

Robziel on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Magic booster is an excellent pack.

Arcas on
    edited May 2011
    [01:13] <chibisede> Just ran an ITF in 15:13. I'd like to think we are all fairly decently overpowered now.

kafziel on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    months behind!

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited May 2011
    Yeah well that guy's just free weekending after not playing for a year or two but nonetheless that's kinda short man!

kafziel on
    edited May 2011
    I suppose that Computer wouldn't be much trouble at all with a few Judgements tossed around at key times.

Narbus on
    edited May 2011
    Sorry for having to bail on that trial - I left at 3:50 and didn't get back until 4. If you guys finished before then or didn't start until after then ooops, but otherwise yeah I just couldn't be there for that.

kafziel on
    edited May 2011
    We actually cleared the courtyard! I am now 60% of the way towards interface! WHEEE.

Narbus on
    edited May 2011
    ... clearing the courtyard is not unusual, to my knowledge? I mean usually, unless it's explicitly a speedrun, people kill absolutely everything topside before going in and taking out the Security Team.

kafziel on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    most of the runs I was doing even cleared all the stuff around the outside

although I guess that'll get less common as time goes on, I'm not sure why you wouldn't clear the courtyard; all that junk standing there while you fight marauder would get annoying

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All my runs of Lambda have been, clear the street, clear the courtyard, kill all the wall guns, big robot, kill containers while squishies die and complain, boss.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    edited May 2011
    But that's not fast enough I need a very rare and the only way to get it is to run speed runs over and over and over. /whine
    Wait I need to take five to complain on the forums that the devs made this too grindy.

So my Friday night plans got canned, anyone want to try and do something fun?

Robziel on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

although I guess that'll get less common as time goes on, I'm not sure why you wouldn't clear the courtyard; all that junk standing there while you fight marauder would get annoying

These are the standard runs on lambda runs. I prefer these myself, as you get more chances for threads as well as the inf to convert the threads as necessary (and I actually feel like I'm contributing when taking these mobs on).

Speed runs generally start with a kinetic hitting Inertial Reduction to give everyone super jump to clear the wall, clear out the courtyard charge inside and kill the robot, watch the people get the grenades and acid while I'm face down in a pile of pain and broken robots (Go Masterminds!), then fight Marauder and his juice box of doom.

see317 on
    edited May 2011
    see317 wrote: »

These are the standard runs on lambda runs. I prefer these myself, as you get more chances for threads as well as the inf to convert the threads as necessary (and I actually feel like I'm contributing when taking these mobs on).

Speed runs generally start with a kinetic hitting Inertial Reduction to give everyone super jump to clear the wall, clear out the courtyard charge inside and kill the robot, watch the people get the grenades and acid while I'm face down in a pile of pain and broken robots (Go Masterminds!), then fight Marauder and his juice box of doom.

All the other lambdas I have been on have played out like that second one there. Well I'm not dead because i took rise of the phoenix, but you get the idea.

Narbus on
    edited May 2011
    see317 wrote: »

Man you've been on nicer speed runs than I have, they've all been, load into mission, everyone jumps or flies over the wall except for the people who are cursing that they took Super Speed and that ninja jump has grayed out on them.

Robziel on
    edited May 2011
    Not having a method of vertical movement is your own fault. If nothing else there's always the Jump Pack.

kafziel on
    edited May 2011
    Not having a method of vertical movement is your own fault. If nothing else there's always the Jump Pack.

I thought the trials deactivated temp powers?

see317 on
    edited May 2011
    Many of them, they patched it so that some of the movement ones are sometimes available to you sometimes. Though I just did a Lambda and Ninja Run was available the entire time and didn't gray out once.

Robziel on
    edited May 2011
    yeah, you can't use temps/booster powers in the trials. They really ought to enable jump packs, at least.

that being said it's not that hard to jumpclimb over the wall

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I thought they enabled the raptor jet pack for the trials?

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's buggy. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Arcas on
    edited May 2011
    I'm referring to the actual Jump Pack power, not the Zero-G Pack or Raptor Pack or anything like that. The one you get from GvE. Works fine in trials, is an Inherent power and not a Temporary power so it doesn't get glitchy either.

kafziel on
  • Ronin356Ronin356 Nowhere MORegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    With the Beast pack add on, I made these characters.

I made: Piratour- Half Minotaur, Half Pirate:lol:
    Plant- notaur- Half Minotaur, Half Plant:lol:
    Mister Whiskers: Lion humanoid in trenchcoat.
    Profressor Hobbs: Tiger with blazer and bowtie.
    Leotron: Lion head, robot body
    Puma Spell: Puma head, witch body

They are all on the Defiant server.

Ronin356 on
    Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Be sure to like my Comic Book "Last Words" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Last-Words-The-Comic-Book/458405034287767
    and Magenta the Witchgirl!: http://www.drunkduck.com/Magenta_the_Witchgirl/

• ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Half Minotaur Half Pirate? Awesome...now what's his story?

Shawnasee on
    edited May 2011
    The Minortaur. Schoolgirl outfit with cow head.

kafziel on
    edited May 2011
    kafziel on
    edited May 2011

Heh, still only got an uncommon salvage...

see317 on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    has nobody ever beaten that trial or something

INeedNoSalt on
    edited May 2011
    has nobody ever beaten that trial or something

Beaten it? Yeah, lots of people, hell probably everybody with an incarnate. Generally in leagues of 12 to 16 players.

Beaten it with only 2 people? That's something else.

see317 on
    edited May 2011
    Steampunk pack official trailer is live, I posted it in the OP but I know none of you read it so Steampower!

Robziel on
    edited May 2011
    We don't read your posts in the thread either.

jonxp on
    edited May 2011
    Oh god I need that so much.

Narbus on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've done something bad...real bad.

I've reactivated after 2 years.

Here we go again. Look forward to playing with everyone again.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • tricontricon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Must resist to buy the steampunk booster. 8-)

Steampunk Booster Costume Ideas

tricon on
This discussion has been closed.