As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword: With Thread and Post

• ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    ieyeasu wrote: »
    So I guess there's a public line battle today for Musket and Mount

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152599.0.html

Necessary thread.

Eastern is GMT-4 right now, right?

about what time should I log in to teamspeak as a complete stranger to those boards in order to figure out whose orders I'm supposed to be following?

I'd love to be able to tell you, but I know jack crap about all that. I downloaded the mod two nights ago :p

PDT is -7 right now, so yeah, I think EDT is -4.

ieyeasu on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've never been in the monday ones, but going by experiences from friday line battles, there'll be a "pubbie regiment" for the unaffiliated to join and drill with. Get there slightly more than half an hour early and make sure you're on their teamspeak.

hailthefish on
  • ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So actually it's starting in twenty minutes

I suck at converting to and from GMT?

ieyeasu on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    So I just finished my contract with the Cossacks and want to swear allegiance so I can get my own keeps and shit

...how do I do that? I'm not getting the option when I talk to the head dude

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    apparently if you have a faction quest you won't be able to

check your quests tab

The Black Hunter on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    oh

yeah, I got a bunch of quests I gotta finish

poop

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    whats some things that I can aim for doing in prophesy of pendor for warband (other than grinding myself up a kickass army)

L|ama on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    whats some things that I can aim for doing in prophesy of pendor for warband (other than grinding myself up a kickass army)

well you could try to actually beat the game, which requires something like conquering everything, wiping out most of the wandering super armies, and being best buds with the noldor (there's victory conditions in reports). Just found the kingdom of pendor and start kicking some ass

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've gone back to my Nord dude in Vanilla and I'm trying to get the Nord claimant in power

holy shit, Nords holding a castle never fucking die

I threw 200 dudes against a castle with 50 Nords in there and walked away with 35 alive

YaYa on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    just arrow them into oblivion. I trained up vaegir just to put the heat on the nords

The Black Hunter on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    just arrow them into oblivion. I trained up vaegir just to put the heat on the nords

I've got something like 250 in Archery and Nord Archers aren't slouches, but some of the castle designs are just hell for attackers

I can pop off head shots on any archers they have but I can't get near the actual breach

YaYa on
    edited May 2011
    that's why you have 40 vaegir marksmen, you pepper the shit fuck out of the nords for a few rounds, then return to you castle and replace your archers with buff footmen and try not to cry.

Remember to put your doctor at the bottom of the list, so that he isn't the first to die

The Black Hunter on
    edited May 2011
    They nerfed bow accuracy in PoP so you can't be a siege sniper anymore. Gotta go for body shots from a distance, heads peeking out above the walls are too small. Took me a while to get used to but i kind of like it

This does not apply to noble troop archers. Those dude have machine guns

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They nerfed bow accuracy in PoP so you can't be a siege sniper anymore. Gotta go for body shots from a distance, heads peeking out above the walls are too small. Took me a while to get used to but i kind of like it

This does not apply to noble troop archers. Those dude have machine guns

IIRC, the Noldor bows have the super accuracy, if you can find one. The arrows are something like +8 damage, too.

Sir Carcass on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    One rather cheap trick I've found with PoP is to hire the elven hero npc (Lethaldiran?) and take his stuff. Hello elven armor, boots, sword/shield, bow, and arrows.

UnbrokenEva on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I thought about doing that but he's kind of a badass and heroes who can wreck shit out of the gate are few and far between

Scudo on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sigismund.

Sinclaire.

Metzger Meister on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The bane of frontline infantry everywhere.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    okay I was wondering if anyone could help me I'm doing the black mace quest I took pafnuty to moscow to translate this book he said come back in two weeks so i wait it out and then .... nothing cant find him in moscow and their is nothing to help indicate what I should do and I cant find anything online to help is this game designed to troll me?

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    go to taverns

talk to the guy labeled "traveler"

he will be able to tell you the location of any relevant non-noble NPC heroes.

MrMonroe on
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    negative, I've talked to a whole bunch of travellers he isn't on the list

highly tempted to shoot this game into the abyss now

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I shot it into the abyss and started playing PoP again

now i have to defend the one fortress of my newly formed Kingdom of Pendor from King Ulric's 1200 man Sarleon army. LET'S DO THIS

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited May 2011
    so what are your guys favorite army formations?

I've been running something like 50% Ravenstern Rangers and 50% Mounted Rangers/Horsemen

usually the first wave or two are decimated by my Rangers and then I charge everyone and clean up the rest, but we do poorly against the D'Shar with their 60-70% cavalry/cavalry archer armies (they're just so fast that they hit my lines and tie my archers up before they can get off enough volleys to really do damage)

but I just got a castle and I've stocked it with my Rangers so I sort of have the opportunity to rebuild my main army from scratch

also how does one get Noble troops?

Scudo on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    all ravenstern rangers or those silver archers (I'm pretty sure I'm not making them up) and just line them up on a hill and wait until the enemy cavalry is in spitting distance then tell them to open fire

bodies everywhere

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2011
    doesn't using all infantry make you super slow on the overworld map?

Scudo on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    that is hater talk

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I don't play PoP, just vanilla. But I use 100% mounted units, usually. I have crossbowmen and archers and shit of other nationalities as castle garrisons, but my main force is all mounted guys, mostly Khergit, some sarranid, and my party members.

hailthefish on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I play Sarranid in my Vanilla campaign. So many mamlukes and master archers you don't even know.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sarranid/khergit here

sarranids for the mamluks, khergit for the archers

L|ama on
  • Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I play warband with as close to a 100% mamluk army as is feasible (since i am usually carrying around some infantry to train as castle guards). I am no master strategist but I can usually take on armys up to three times my size like that.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hmm since I now own several feifs in the steppes I should get me some Khergite

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I've owned several armies that were 2-3 times my army's size, as long as you can fight in open fields you can win fairly easily with an all-cav force. I love mamlukes (because the heavy armor makes them a little more durable) but they're on the spendy side for wages, so I keep them in my castles until I decide to go pick a fight. My main fief is Sarranid and gives me like 15 recruits at a whack, so I have quite a few.

hailthefish on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I could never go back to vanilla after PoP

Charles Kinbote on
    edited May 2011
    Right now my PoP army is like 75 Knights of the Falcon, 30 Hero Adventurers, and like 100 other units training up to those. I've almost finished taking over the entirety of Sarleon, so now I've got loads of noble recruits flowing in and i've been able to phase out basic troops. More unique spawn armies need to show up so I can get some qualis gems to finish enchanting my rune sword and found the Silvermist Rangers (also wanna try the Knights of the Ebony Gaunlet)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I see a lot of you using troops from multiple factions but don't you get a huge morale penalty for doing that? I have a hard enough time keeping my morale up when I am not fighting constantly it seems like forien troops would be a pain.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I think you only get morale penalties for numbers of troops, not variety. Though you do get a penalty for a nation's troops if you're at war with that nation.

But yeah for morale you have to make sure to get enough fights in consistently. Having high leadership and a bunch of different types of food helps (especially baggage trains). Also you can buy drinks at the bar if you need a morale boost quick

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited May 2011
    so um, how do you get noble recruits? is it from sufficiently upgraded fiefs? or...cities? I still haven't figured that out

Scudo on
    edited May 2011
    Scudo wrote: »
    so um, how do you get noble recruits? is it from sufficiently upgraded fiefs? or...cities? I still haven't figured that out

Have to have a castle/town, then build a training grounds. After that you'll get a certain number of noble recruits you can hire per week, with bigger empire = more recruits.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited May 2011
    Noble recruits? Edit: Ah, ninja'd with the answer. A PoP thing I assume?

Also, I wish there were a mod that had PoP-like features without the ridiculous fantasy trappings.

hailthefish on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For PoP, I tend to run with a mix of Ravenstern Rangers and Hero and Heroine Adventurers (eventually). With those, tactics don't really matter so much, unless you're up against one of the 1,000 man Jatu warbands or whatever. The Noldor troops are unbelievably good, but hard to get.

Sir Carcass on