As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Mini-Phalla] of Ice and Fire: Game Over! Village/Bronn Victory!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    To be fair though, I did tell thorgot to guard himself today

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thorgot: So basically I was right that you were a bad guy but I was wrong in that you didn't really want the bad guys to win. What the fuck?

edit: Bizarre phalla is bizarre.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thorgot wrote: »
    stever777 wrote: »
    Crap! We lost!

Well, on the plus side, I won.

Weasel! What was the alt vict cond?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Our Role PM:
    godmode wrote:
    You are a usurper!

You want the crown, and the throne, and all that good stuff, and you're not willing to play nice to get it. As a group, you may choose one player to kill each night. In addition, most of you have individual talents:

Thetheroo - Daenerys Stormborn (Okay, you don't have a special power)
    thorgot - Bronn the Sellsword - You're the usurper's guard. You may block all kills on a single target each night EXCEPT the vote. PM me your targets
    stever777 - Tyrion Lannister - Your silver tongue (and silver purse) garner you extra influence when it counts. In this case, it's during the vote, where your vote counts 3 times the normal amount
    Alt_Raven - Cersei Lannister - You're quite clever, though some might say TOO clever. Each night, you may PM a name of whomever's special abilities you would like to see.
    Spoint - Jaime Lannister - You're an accomplished swordsman, and unscrupulous in your targets. Each night, PM the name of whomever you wish to kill (separate from the group kill)
    Extermatott - Joffrey Baratheon - Sorry, you don't have a special ability either.

My Super Secret PM:
    godmode wrote:
    Yes, yes, your service has been bought with all the gold you could want, but you hold no true allegiance to the usurpers.

Your win condition? Stay alive. If all other usurpers perish before you do, you will conveniently defect and still be victorious.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Oh and good game, godmode. Thanks for swapping me in.

Drez on
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was away all night - Wednesday is our D&D night, and I forgot to come in and vote... I was wondering about that too... 2 seers in a mini seemed a lot, but hey, it worked out in the end!

Also, what happened to Kuhl?

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I could really win with the village too. But I just knew. I knew. That no one would believe kills in black were not SK. Thank god I didn't call my kill day 1. Hahaa

If the usurpers would have contacted me, I would have been a silly goose and helped since my death was final already.

If I had known that for certain, I could have revealed all the names to oldmanken Day 2 and we could have wrapped this up on day 3.

Raakam wrote: »
    I was away all night - Wednesday is our D&D night, and I forgot to come in and vote... I was wondering about that too... 2 seers in a mini seemed a lot, but hey, it worked out in the end!

I find it pretty funny a member of the mafia was directing the seer's targets.

Kuhl had the power of surviving the first attack against him by coming back to life a day later.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Yup, Thor. You smelled of betrayal!

stever777 on

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In retrospect, thorgot was WAY overpowered.

This was my first hosting experience, though, so I've learned.

godmode on
    edited May 2011
    thorgot: Even more dangerous than I ever expected. Though I guess I should thank you. I don't know what to make of this so I'll just say "screw it" and go to bed like I meant to three hours ago.

Drez on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So... instead of homing vlad we had self-guarding vlad?

Ouch; from a design perspective, that's nasty. Poor Lannisters never knew what hit them. And I take it you knew your full win condition from the beginning of the game, rather than keeping it as a surprise twist when Tyrion fell?

edit: So many posts between when I first saw the results and when I posted my response. In general, it's really dangerous to give someone the mafia list if they can win by killing off the mafia.
    One way it might work would be if that person was truly a serial killer after the mafia was gone; then they couldn't make it too obvious what they were up to.

Darian on
    edited May 2011
    Poor Sagatai, seered by the mafia as the village idiot and doomed never to be voted out after I told oldmanken of this fact.
    Darian wrote: »
    So... instead of homing vlad we had self-guarding vlad?

Ouch; from a design perspective, that's nasty. Poor Lannisters never knew what hit them. And I take it you knew your full win condition from the beginning of the game, rather than keeping it as a surprise twist when Tyrion fell?
    Right, I knew from the start. Though I had to open that PM every day to convince myself I hadn't read it wrong.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Raakam wrote: »

Ah yes, kuhlmeye. Arya Stark is one of my favorite characters from the books, and like her written character, I wanted to make her a little more resilient than the others. I named her ability "Hard to Kill": she could avoid a VIG death once, and just once, and be alright. The night kuhlmeye got targeted was my very tired night, and I forgot about the ability completely. I killed him, then got a message the next day asking if he was supposed to activate it or something. I apologized for my forgetfulness, and decided to write it into the narration that she simply shrugged off the poison, not having received a lethal dose.

I'm pretty scatterbrained sometimes :P

godmode on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I for one enjoy two-faced mafia roles.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I for one enjoy two-faced mafia roles.

Heh. Yeah, Egos and I had fun with that in Gehenna (if I'm remembering the right V:tM game). But in that one, there were others within the mafia who were set up against us.

Darian on
    edited May 2011
    A: I feel bad about wacking Darian so early.
    B: Thor, you don't mind if I grudge you for a game or two, not that your opinion matters...

stever777 on

edited May 2011
    B: Thor, you don't mind if I grudge you for a game or two, not that your opinion matters...
    thorgot wrote:
    oldmanken wrote:
    Guarded last night, I see. Now where could one presume that puts you on the map of characters? Hmmmm...

Greetings, vigilante and/or serial killer.

I have a feeling I'm going to be earning some grudges from the rest of the usurpers.

I'll be up front with you. I am Bronn, the sellsword. I get a guard every other night starting with the first. I started networked with Tyrion Lannister (part of the mafia). We don't have a kill, that is the other Lannisters. Our win condition is for the evil group to outnumber the village.

However, I have an alternate win condition. I can win if I survive until the end, regardless of who wins.

Because of this I was already planning on starting a network with people who Tyrion seers as good, even as he joins us up with the evil results. I'd rather be up front you with you now than have you find out I've told you even a single white lie later. Better to tell the truth, even if it means you know that I can also win with the usurpers.

Tyrion seered Joffrey, who was networked with both Cersei and Jaime, but he won't cough up the name of his parents in case Tyrion is actually fishing on behalf of a village seer. Take out Extermatot (Joffrey) and we'll both sow up some dissent among them and give you some peace of mind about your decision to contact me.

So now it's your choice: You can kill me tonight, or you can kill Extermatot tonight. I am helpless on even days. But if I were lying about being neutral, there would be no reason to tell you all this. I could just claim to be some character or another and quietly kill you tonight using my Joffrey connection.

Now that I've thoroughly revealed myself, do you even have a kill? If not, we can figure something else out. What are your thoughts about this unholy reunion? And, while I'm fine if you want to wait until tomorrow to tell me this, what's your character's name?

Like I said, I knew what I was getting into. Note the little lies in case he betrayed me later.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2011

You should feel bad! Not that my "vote counts as two" power would have mattered much.

And grudging either Thorgot or godmode would probably be appropriate for you. Find someone not me to go after!

:D

Darian on
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, having you have twice the seering power and a list of all the mafia really was rather ridiculous. I get why you wouldn't have them vig me, but why not have them start a wagon on me?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    ARGGHH!! You sold us out to oldmanken??!! My nemesis!
    BTW, calm down...

stever777 on

edited May 2011
    Ah, now I see how it worked. Bronn didn't start with the names of any mafia (other than Tyrion), but he could seer and he trusted you.
    In that case, you weren't nearly so overpowered as it seemed at first blush. If Tyrion had just not trusted you with his seering results, you'd have been left at the mercy of others.

Darian on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kind of hard to put a vote shenanigan power to use when you're not on at vote close. Ah well.

B:L managed in my stead. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wowow

GG thorgot. Expertly played. I would have never expected your role.

Happy I managed to come back to life to win. Thanks Godmode!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited May 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    Ah, now I see how it worked. Bronn didn't start with the names of any mafia (other than Tyrion), but he could seer and he trusted you.
    In that case, you weren't nearly so overpowered as it seemed at first blush. If Tyrion had just not trusted you with his seering results, you'd have been left at the mercy of others.

No. Heck, he's the one who made the proboard

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, poor roo. So ready to kill me day 3, and I just come back to win... <3

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, a fascinating game. Oh well, I played my "role". Crazy, clueless and easily led.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So yeah, that was fun! :) Well played from thorgot, and I'm glad my contact with him didn't come and bite me in the ass.

oldmanken on
    edited May 2011
    See the thing is with a self guard, the only way we could have dealt with him, if we'd even found out, would be to get him voted out. And since he was networked on what, the middle of the 2nd day? Yeah...

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In the interests of transparency I, as Hodor, was picking more or less at random. I figured out after about Day 2 that short of some kind of crazy mafia power shenanigans that the village was safe, so I was just picked whatever dude my brain happened to settle on.

Good fun!

Hodor!

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thanks for running godmode. I have only one question:

who day 1 killed me

who was it

Alegis on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    't was cap'nplanet eh. ye scullion no be a real cap'n

c'mere boy, we be keelhaulin ye bakk-stabbin scullion! tastin the sea! Yarrr harrr harrrr

Alegis on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i'm a bear RAWR

M.D. on
    edited May 2011
    All you people with skills? TERRIBLE aim. There were double kills all over the place, and I think Raakam seered corpses twice.

Not necessarily your fault, just funny to watch.

Also, Ringo you're terrible for being the village guard and never using your ability at all.

godmode on
    edited May 2011
    Wait... if the village guard wasn't using his ability, why didn't the mafia take out oldmanken? Did they just never test him?

Darian on
    edited May 2011
    I guess not, because Ringo was dead day 2 anyway.

godmode on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thorgot wrote: »
    Poor Sagatai, seered by the mafia as the village idiot and doomed never to be voted out after I told oldmanken of this fact.

I figured I had to have been seered early on to not get a SINGLE vote the entire game, felt like I would almost convince someone to vote for me then the network would inform them otherwise, o well, very strong network this game, which meant I really only had a chance day 1-thanks for running this godmode

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited May 2011
    Certainly, certainly. It was very fun to run and watch how it developed, and definitely a learning experience for the main game I'll be running with the same theme in a few months.

But of course, it's mandatory that the main game be a faction game.

godmode on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you should check out the old ASOIF phalla I didnt know anything about the setting when I played and I got murdered so hard

M.D. on
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I've perused it. I don't want to dig too deeply into it, though - I fear I'd start gleaning too many ideas and just have a remake of the same game.

godmode on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Yeah, I've perused it. I don't want to dig too deeply into it, though - I fear I'd start gleaning too many ideas and just have a remake of the same game.
    Don't make the Kettleblack's into actual Lannisters.

Of course, that lead to the hilarious false Jaqen claim on my part so it was almost worth it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish