As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taste buds and alcohol question.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think you have it figured out pretty well.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dark beer is better than light beer. Blonde beer makes me gag.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've drank keystone for about 6 years. I like it, it gets me drunk, and it is cheap. No need to change. For 20 bucks I can get a half gallon of whiskey and some of my friends can have a good time, or for 20 bucks I can get a 30 pack of Keystone, and all of my friends can have a good time.

That's fine. But it's been popular for a while, and I don't see increasing popularity having any major impact on the price.

Also,

Whiskey: .5 gallon * 128 fluid ounces/1 gallon * 40% ABV =

Keystone Light: 30 cans * 12 fluid ounces/1 can * 4.2% ABV =

Do that math real quick.
    let's see... That's plus... times... devided... I don't get it.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    skettios wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    There are far too many IPAs on the market now. It's pretty annoying. I swear every other tap is an IPA.

Did you just move to Seattle?

Because I fucking swear that is the only thing people seem to drink here.

Seriously! I don't understand it. I'm not too picky with beer nowadays, but I always feel that way when try to avoid getting a pitcher of IPA.

I'm quite fond of red and amber ales.

IPA is grooooooossssss

Usagi on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Help me out with a drink, because I come up with names of things before I actually know what they are.

WHISKEY POWER

Discuss.

whiskey, skittles, and 4 loko

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Usagi wrote: »
    skettios wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    There are far too many IPAs on the market now. It's pretty annoying. I swear every other tap is an IPA.

Did you just move to Seattle?

Because I fucking swear that is the only thing people seem to drink here.

Seriously! I don't understand it. I'm not too picky with beer nowadays, but I always feel that way when try to avoid getting a pitcher of IPA.

I'm quite fond of red and amber ales.

IPA is grooooooossssss

Nope!

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    my personal theory is that children grow up drinking super super sweet drinks their entire life, and that is why people dislike beer and other alcohols at first.

but really I like pretty much any liquor/beer that I have ever tried, except for jaeger, and that is because licorice is gross.

Maybe you drank super sweet drinks your whole life.

I mostly drank water. Juice once in a while.

Imperial Russian is about the only type of beer I've ever tasted that I didn't care to have another pint of. That shit was for dudes who've been poisoned, strangled, shot, stabbed, and drowned.

sarukun on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    taste the whiskey
    feel the whiskey

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've drank keystone for about 6 years. I like it, it gets me drunk, and it is cheap. No need to change. For 20 bucks I can get a half gallon of whiskey and some of my friends can have a good time, or for 20 bucks I can get a 30 pack of Keystone, and all of my friends can have a good time.

That's fine. But it's been popular for a while, and I don't see increasing popularity having any major impact on the price.

Also,

Do that math real quick.

Well, as long as you think you're getting more bang for your buck, I'm sure the folks at Coors will be happy.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Drunk bear needs nachos badly.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DamnItCohaagenDamnItCohaagen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Also,

Do that math real quick.

Well, as long as you think you're getting more bang for your buck, I'm sure the folks at Coors will be happy.

The saddest part is the Keystone has addled his brain so much he thinks there is a plus sign there.

DamnItCohaagen on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A friend of mine swore up and down Shiner Bock was the greatest thing and as a Texan I owe it to myself to love it too.

I couldn't finish a sip it was so awful.

this sounds like gross hyperbole, but i'm sorry anyway.

also, tonkka, i'm starting to train behind the bar tonight!!!

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    The Kraken was a success and is now my favorite rum.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

MAN, those anchor people are unattractive.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kraken is okay and i feel like the artwork on the bottle is better than the actual rum

so there

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sarukun wrote: »
    my personal theory is that children grow up drinking super super sweet drinks their entire life, and that is why people dislike beer and other alcohols at first.

but really I like pretty much any liquor/beer that I have ever tried, except for jaeger, and that is because licorice is gross.

Imperial Russian is about the only type of beer I've ever tasted that I didn't care to have another pint of. That shit was for dudes who've been poisoned, strangled, shot, stabbed, and drowned.

I think its also an acquired taste thing, I don't like beer, and I can opt for the sweeter drinks, but I bet if I kept at it and tried I wouldn't find beer so bad tasting. The same for coffee.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't drink a lot of rum. I'm more of a bourbon drinker.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    rum is good stuff

like i remember for a while i was promoting sailor jerry very hard, cause it's $20 a handle for a decent cherry spiced rum

and by decent i mean it's better than admiral nelson, captain morgan, and i'd probably rank it higher than kraken.

mount gay is a good rum, and if i remember right i enjoyed pyrat (it's fancier)

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Also,

Do that math real quick.

The saddest part is the Keystone has addled his brain so much he thinks there is a plus sign there.

Or any division to be done

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    he clearly was referring to devision
    which I guess is like when hillbillies blind themselves from drinking too much shitty beer

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    god expected me to drink a lot of shitty beer in my day so he took my eye preemptively

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Liiya wrote: »

I think its also an acquired taste thing, I don't like beer, and I can opt for the sweeter drinks, but I bet if I kept at it and tried I wouldn't find beer so bad tasting. The same for coffee.

I definitely think he's right, I was just saying I didn't drink a lot of sweet stuff as a kid.

Don't plan on letting my kids drink much of it either.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nobody enjoyed their first shot or beer or cup of coffee or cigarette

Welcome to acquired taste, population cry about it why don't you

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I enjoyed my first beer

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well it looks like you win

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2011
    I enjoyed his first beer.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    you know how i know i can respect a man's opinions?

not what his favorite beer is, or his favorite liquor, but if he believes that the best lynyrd skynyrd song is the ballad of curtis loew

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    which I guess is like when hillbillies blind themselves from drinking too much shitty beer

I reported this, just so you know.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    rum is good stuff

like i remember for a while i was promoting sailor jerry very hard, cause it's $20 a handle for a decent cherry spiced rum

and by decent i mean it's better than admiral nelson, captain morgan, and i'd probably rank it higher than kraken.

mount gay is a good rum, and if i remember right i enjoyed pyrat (it's fancier)

I think I enjoy Kraken a bit more, but as you said before, that might just be because of the bottle haha
    My other rum of choice is sailor jerry. I can't go back to morgan or nelson now.
    well, I probably can... but why?

skettios on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »

I reported this, just so you know.

aww shucks man :)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I couldn't stand coffee until this year, started drinking weak mochas for a caffeine hit + warmth over winter, and now I can happily drink black coffee.

Basically we need to identify the mocha of beers.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So a beer that only barely tastes like beer? Mic Ultra I suppose.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Goddamn

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fyndir wrote: »

I couldn't stand coffee until this year, started drinking weak mochas for a caffeine hit + warmth over winter, and now I can happily drink black coffee.

Rogue+Ales+Mocha+Porter.JPG

This work?

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Fyndir wrote: »

Rogue+Ales+Mocha+Porter.JPG

This work?

I don't think a porter is a good suggestion for people that haven't acquired a taste for beer yet. :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've had most luck getting non-beer-people into beer with either witbiers or sweeter brown ales

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I discovered a new pub in town and they fucking serve Westvleteren 12. Holy shit. I didn't know that sort of thing happened.

I must get this.

Westvleteren_bottle.jpg

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Seriously, a porter would be the worst idea to give to someone who needs to acquire a taste for beer. I've been drinking beer for 15 years now and some porters are still a bit much for me.

EDIT: I do get the joke, seeing as how it is a mocha porter.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When I first stared drinking beer I preferred the darker beers because they had a deeper upfront taste
    And what I really don't like is the aftertaste

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1